God is Giving You Faith in the Face of Shortfall

I believe the Lord has a word of encouragement for those who are facing some kind of shortfall at this time.

You have a call from God, or a promise, but are faced with a limitation.
An impossibility.

Your Father is releasing a gift of faith to you, so you can look at that shortfall and declare, “My God is greater than you!”

The Day a Responsibility Led to a Crisis

A shortfall means there is a gap between what you need, and what you have.
There is a deficit.

Mark’s Gospel includes an interesting detail in the story of Jesus feeding the five thousand.

After telling the disciples they were responsible to feed the thousands of people gathered that day, Jesus said:

“How many loaves do you have?”
“Go and see.”
When they found out, they said, “Five—and two fish.”
(Mark 6:38 NIV)

They didn’t just have a shortfall. They had a crisis!

It’s interesting that Jesus asked them to specifically count how many they had.

And—to report the number back to Him!

Of course, Jesus knew. But He wanted them to pay attention to how much they had on hand.
He was teaching them about faith and the works of God.

The Shortfall Presents a Challenge

Sometimes, in order to face the reality of what lies within us, we need to have tough conversations with God.

When Jesus commanded His disciples to feed the crowd, they pushed back at Him.
They resisted.

“That would take more than half a year’s wages! Are we to go and spend that much on bread and give it to them to eat?” (Mark 6:37, NIV)

Read between the lines: “That’s expensive—we don’t even have that kind of money—plus, it means we have to walk into the villages to shop—and we’re already exhausted!”

Yet Jesus said, “Go and see! How many do you have?”

Jesus wanted the disciples to be very clear about what they had to begin with.

To face that shortfall and the facts it presented.

Beginning with a deficit was not a challenge to Jesus.

• In fact, the little, given into His hands, was the seed for the much

Those five loaves and two fish, were the very means Jesus used to feed a multitude. He passed them back through the disciples’ hands.

And they did. Indeed. Feed a multitude.

A Key to Miracle-Working Faith: See With Both Eyes

Faith is the ability to see with two eyes—to perceive in two realms, the earth realm and the Kingdom realm, at once.

Sometimes we want to close our eyes to the facts. And yet faith can look squarely at the impossible, whilst seeing the miracle.

Faith is honesty.
It’s showing up to Jesus, shortfall in hand and offering what you have to Him.

Faith is not denial, it is not averting your gaze from the facts.

Faith is not turning aside, but a courageous and accurate summing up of the situation.

Whilst at the same time, perceiving Father’s intention.

Faith that Faced Facts

We read of Abraham,
“Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead—since he was about a hundred years old—and that Sarah’s womb was also dead. Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God…” (Rom 4:19-20 NIV)

Abraham’s example shows us that faith is not standing in denial of the facts.

• Facing the reality of his limitation caused Abraham to grow in faith and give glory to God

Today, your Father declares you brave.

So, if you’ve been tempted to deny the existence of your shortfall, don’t.
Instead, take a look. Count what you have.
See what you don’t have.

Now, feel the strength of the Holy Spirit pour into you.

That fact—your natural reality—does not contradict what God says.

• It stands alongside, and then, submits to the Heavenly order.

So, hand over your shortfall to Jesus. And listen for His command.

Perhaps there is an action the Holy Spirit is alerting you to, that you need to take today.

As you move, hear the Lord saying, “Beloved! You have great faith and great is your reward!”

Is this prophetic teaching about faith meaningful to you? I’d love to hear from you. Let’s agree with each other in prayer for the miracle you need. Share it with us in the blog comments section below, or on Facebook or Instagram.

Spiritual Warfare: Be Saturated in an Overcoming Mindset

If you would like teaching to help you build a guard-wall of faith against oppression, I invite you to join my Spiritual Warfare Online Course.

I’d love to give more people the opportunity to receive this faith-filled teaching, so I’m reducing the price to $14.95 USD until the end of July.

This course (suitable for beginners) includes around 30 mini-lectures on video, and is full of Biblical wisdom and faith-filled strategies to help you overcome in time of battle.

I give you clear guidelines and step by step points on how to recognize and combat spiritual attack.

You can find out more here: ‘Spiritual Warfare: How to Identify and Overcome Spiritual Attack’

We’d Love You to Partner with Us!

Up until now, I’ve resisted putting ads here on Enliven Blog. This is the main way people raise the money for the costs of running a busy website.

The website and email list hosting is costing us more than ever. So, if you’ve been fed by Enliven Blog, I invite you to help us by making a donation. You can also choose to partner monthly with us!

You can find our donation page here.

© 2019 Helen Calder Enliven Blog – Prophetic Teaching

98 thoughts on “God is Giving You Faith in the Face of Shortfall

1. Ayanda Akowuah

Thank you for the fresh word. Please stand in prayer for me and my family, we’re facing a spiritual attack right now, our business is affected, creditors threatening as due commitments are not met. Healing for both myself and husband.
    Regards,

2. MILDERD UWACHI

This is an encouraging that has strngthenend me in this tough timees when i have nothing to support me. I know God will provide one day as days go by .I should only have faith in him that it will come to pass. God bless for message

3. Corinne Smit

Thank you. I am from South Africa and believe that God has a great calling on my life. This Word is absolute confirmation and very applicable to me.

I am taking a huge leap in faith and have been accepted to attend first year Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry in Redding, California.

School starts 29 August 2019 and I am like Abraham offering Isac and giving up my just about everything to follow the vision God laid on my heart.

I have sold my car and am a single lady living in a tiny cottage on a farm in South Africa and don’t have other transport. The transfer of my car to the new owner is this Thursday.

I am doing this to raise funds to be able to go to BSSM. It is however a drop in the bucket. I have need of flight tickets, accomodation near the School (preferably walking distance), and tuition fees to be supplied, and to find a suitable tenant for my cottage for the period that I’m gone.

It looks like my situation is just about impossible, but I know that for God nothing is impossible and even though I am feeling seriously stretched at times I agree that I am going through all that you have mentioned.

Thanks again for your encouragement in the faith.

May God bless you and your ministry.

Corinne Smit

Hi Corinne, what huge steps and an extraordinary testimony unfolding. I’m praying for you right now for the miracle overflow to supply the travel, home, fees and tenant. He is faithful

4. Bege

I am presently struggling with an addiction and I’ve tried several times to stop and even prayed and sought guidance but find myself going back to it. I do believe in God and have no doubts about how mighty he is and that he is capable of anything. I also feel that I’m taking advantage of his mercies, I know I’m wrong and I’m scared to argue with God on why he should allow this addiction to persist because I know he knows way better than I do. I’m in a point in my life where I need him more than anything and I feel I’m being held back, I can wait patiently for his promise but don’t want this addiction to continue because I feel like I’m losing control of my body. I seriously need help and I’ll be glad if you can assist me. God bless you and all the works of your hands.

Hi Bege, I’m sorry to hear of the struggles you’ve had with addiction and I’m praying for you right now.
      You’re not alone and many people are facing this battle. Yes God is our help and deliverer, but He also gives us other people to stand with us, as part of His deliverance plan. So I believe it is vital to 1: Follow God’s plan by having someone to pray for us and to personally be accountable to. It is not something to journey alone. and 2. Saturate in teaching about Jesus, His grace and what He has accomplished for you on the cross.
      You can read more in the article I’ve written, where I’ve also added some links for assistance.

5. Victor Ahua

I am so grateful for this word. The Christian life will definitely by impossible to me without this Gift of faith. The shortfalls are heavy. I receive this gift of faith. Thank you for hearing and sharing.

1. Karen Stuckey

Yes Victor!
      Lord extend Victors faith and help him as he lives the Christian life. Amen.
      Karen – Enliven Ministries team

6. Jonelyn

I’m so moved for God calling me, “BRAVE!”

I have entered into a deal with God this year and I am on my journey for God’s greater glory. And I must admit, it’s not an easy journey. God is putting me into an enormous process! He keeps on revealing my weaknesses, my hidden selfish motives and even my greatest regrets in life (which I don’t admit). He keeps on doing this so that I can learn to let go of it and let HIm come in.

Praying that I can finish the race strong. And may God use me as a living proof of His faithfulness.

To God be the glory!

Amen to that! I can identify with that too, Jonelyn ~ it’s called “glory to glory!” (2 Cor 3:18) I love it that He looks at us and sees “glory” even though we’re still in the process.

7. angela miles

This is right on! The Lord has been teaching me so much about faith these past few months! It’s EVERYTHING! One of the greatest ways we can show our love to the Lord is to TRUST Him (our faith)! It shows we have confidence in His character and integrity! We know and love and trust who He is, and He will do what He says He will do! Faith is acknowledging that all control is in God’s hands and keeping it there. Praying without ceasing. So powerful! The more you trust the Lord the more He wants to answer that prayer even more than He already does! Glory to God in the Highest! Hallelujah! Thankful for your heart and listening attentive ear to the Father! Greater is YET TO COME!!! Expect GREATER!!! Significant increase in your hearing and how it comes about! Says the Lord!

8. Ran

This article encourages me..thank you.. please pray for me. I want to marry but right now it seems impossible for me. I’m an introvert, don’t female friends, don’t have enough money to marry and struggling with personal image. Pray for me that there’s faith in me and that I can know what God wants me to do specifically.. thank you

9. Siaoa

I am intrigued by your blog posts because each time I am facing a personal crisis you come to me with posts that suit the paticular situation.The amazing work of the Holy Spirit in relating specific messages from you to me absolutely blows my mind.

Praise God for your ministry and may He continue to use for His Glory.

Siaoa

This post has come to me at a point where I am facing a massive financial crisis because my business has gone bankrupt and I am surviving on my wife’s salary.I am believing for a financial windfall from God. This post has certainly reaffirmed my faith in God and I look forward to receiving from Him.

Thank