Prophetic Word: God Has Assigned Angels To You

Angels are on AssignmentAngels are on assignment!

If you have been praying about a difficult situation, or find yourself in a space of uncertainty or transition, be encouraged by this prophetic insight from the story of Jacob.

The Holy Spirit is anointing your heart. He is touching your eyes!
You will see that right here, right now—in your current circumstances—God is at work.

The Day Jacob Encounters Angels

At a time of great uncertainty, Jacob comes across a group of angels.

Right now, Jacob is afraid. His family and flocks may be plentiful, but his future direction is unknown.
He is in a time of transition.

• Jacob is yet to wrestle with God and receive the new name “Israel”
  • He is yet to confront his past and look into the face of his brother Esau

We read:
“Jacob also went on his way, and the angels of God met him. When Jacob saw them, he said, “This is the camp of God!” So he named that place “Mahanaim.” (Gen 32:1-2 NIV)

Double Encampment

“Mahanaim”. The name means, “double camp” (Strong’s, H4266).

• Jacob, his family and possessions are camped there
  • And so is a company of angels

Perhaps, like Jacob, you find yourself in a time of transition. You are “on the way to” something.
Or it may be that God wants to speak to you about the place where you are right here and now.

Hear your Father say, “I am opening your eyes. This is a double encampment. Right here, is Heaven on earth”.

Angels are Here…God is Near

When Jacob meets angels at Mahanaim, the “double encampment”, he is on the way to Jabbok, a place that means “emptying” (Strong’s H2999). His self-will is about to be challenged and broken, in a wrestling match with God.

In the meantime, his mind is loaded with concern.
He is formulating strategies, to protect his family from his brother Esau (Gen 32:7-8).
He is in “risk management” mode.

He has failed to pick up the clues. “Angels are here; therefore, God is near.”

Jacob is about to have a life-changing encounter with God.

This is Your Spiritual Reality

Jacob passed through Mahanaim, “the double encampment”.
For him, it was a brief sojourn. The township endured, and Mahanaim was mentioned in later accounts of Israel.

Like Bethel—another of Jacob’s stopovers—”Mahanaim” is also symbolic of a spiritual reality we have today in Christ.

Right here, right now. This is Mahanaim.
You can be assured that angels are camped at your current location. It is a double encampment.
The “Heavenly”—that which is of Heaven—is already here with you!

• You have the Holy Spirit—God Himself with you (2 Cor 1:22)
  • You are a son, a daughter, a citizen of Heaven (Phil 3:20, Eph 3:19)
  • Angels surround you—sent from God’s throne (Heb 1:7,14, Ps 91:11)

Your Prayer Releases Angels

You may have a “Jacob” in your life. Someone who is on a journey, struggling, and needs to encounter God.
The Lord wants you to know, your prayers are powerful.

As you pray, angels are being released. the Holy Spirit is setting up “Mahanaim moments” for others.

These are the prayers God answers, the ones Jesus taught us to pray—not for God to send angels—but for God’s Kingdom to come!
For His will to be done (Matt 6:10)

The presence and activity of angels is God answering the prayers of those whose eyes are fixed on Him. Who delight in His Presence.
The ones who submit to His rule.

Mahanaim Is Your Constant Reality

We also read in the Bible of a prophet called Elisha.

“Mahanaim” was not just a place Elisha passed through; it was a zone he walked in.

Elisha knew, because he was completely surrendered to God’s will, that he was at the epicenter of Heaven’s angelic army.
Wherever he traveled, angels accompanied him. [1]

But it’s important to note that Elisha’s focus was always on God and what was on God’s agenda. He was never distracted by angels, and he did not communicate with them.

• Elisha’s example reminds us that angels are to be kept in the periphery, not the focus of our gaze.

Peripheral vision is what you can see surrounding you, “out of the corner of your eyes”, not what you are directly looking at.

Angelic Power Against the Enemy

One day, Israel’s enemies sent a strong army, with horses and chariots, to capture a single man—the Prophet Elisha!

Elisha assured his distressed servant, “Those that are with us are greater than those who are against us” and prayed, “Lord open his eyes.”

• The servant’s eyes were opened to see the chariots and horses of fire up in the hillside (2 Kings 6:17)

Elisha already knew that contingent of angels was there.
He knew that the camp of the Lord—”Mahanaim”—was mobile, and traveled with him.

So if you are struggling today. If the spiritual battle against you has been fierce, this is also God’s word to you:

“Those that are with you are greater than those who are against you.”

And, “You, dear child, are from God and have overcome them, because the ONE WHO IS IN YOU is greater than the one who is in the world” (1 John 4:4).

Related posts:

Angels: 5 Powerful Reasons to Test Angelic Encounters

An Open Heaven is Your Inheritance (Jacob and Bethel. What is an Open Heaven, and what is available through it?)

[1] Bible references linking Elisha with angels: 2 Kings 2:11, 2 Kings 6:17, 2 Kings 7:6) This account of Elisha is from 2 Kings 6.

Thanks to Prophet David McCracken for the word “epicenter”. He says, “Their [the angels’] central point of focus, their epicenter, was Elisha! They were “around” Elisha. Their geography was determined by Elisha’s geography. Where he was, they were!”

Discernment can Propel You Into an Encounter with God’s Glory

The gift of discernment of spirits is a powerful weapon in times of spiritual warfare, and can be of great assistance when ministering freedom to individuals.

• And those with a gift of discernment have the extraordinary privilege of being able to perceive the Spirit’s anointing!

Yet many who have the gift of discernment have difficulty knowing what to do with what they are feeling or sensing.

In this recently updated third edition, I have added a chapter on five specific spiritual attacks discerners face and how to overcome each one. I have revised other chapters, added new content and finished with an inspirational chapter on how the gift of discernment can propel you into an encounter with God’s glory.

‘Unlocking The Gift Of Discernment’ incorporates wisdom from Enliven Blog as well as additional valuable material on how to be protected as a discerner in times of spiritual warfare.

To view and purchase the eBook ‘Unlocking The Gift Of Discernment’ in our e-store, click here

Note: All transactions are secure and we do not pass your information on to third parties. Our store will convert to your currency.

Enliven Ministries Courses

My online courses now include the School of Prophecy and Discernment, Spiritual Warfare Course, and School of Intimacy and Prayer.

You can find the Enliven Ministries courses page here.

© 2019 Helen Calder Enliven Blog – Prophetic Teaching

68 thoughts on “Prophetic Word: God Has Assigned Angels To You

1. dee ren

Amen!
    I recently had cataract surgery and my vision has been out of focus. And my daily prayer for this year has been Thy will be done here as it is in heaven. And I have been asking Father God to open the eyes and hearts of all Believers so that we see what is truly going on and put an end to all the deception. So this word has come right on time!
    Thank you, God bless you.

I’m praying for you right now, for your eyesight to be fully restored, in Jesus’ Name!
      Oh yes Lord, open our eyes to see, sensitize our hearts to know you and to know truth.

2. Jill Langtrer

Well Helen you sure are accurate. I’m battling eye disease big time, my vision getting a beating in spirit and body. Hanging into God’s promises but the Mexico insists it’s getting worse. “Who’s report shall I believe?”
    John Mellor has prayed for me a month ago..but I so needed encouragement today. Thank you so much
    Jilly

Jilly, I’m praying for your faith to be uplifted and for God’s power to be released into your eyes right now, for reversal of the disease, in Jesus’ Name.
      You are His beloved!

3. Stella

Thank you so much for the word of prophecy. I am really blessed by the word of God. May God increase you and your ministry in Jesus mighty name.

4. Daniel Onyinah

This word is mine , am really in a moment of distress not knowing what to do .As thou my prayers has reached yet before God .I have been praying and trusting God for a financial breakthrough to start (7th sept.) college but there has been some delay .I believe this word in for me .
    Father, I thank you .

Daniel, I’m praying for you right now, that you will have wisdom from God and see clearly what He is doing

5. Kathy

Helen,
    This word is soooo cmforting we know Holy Spirit is with us yet this creates a picture in our mind that God’s Heavenly army is always with us. Thank you

6. RIES

Hi Helen.. a very timely and encouraging word.
    2 years ago as i started formal ministry you ministered in my church over the staff and spoke of Aaron’s rod and spiritual authority on my life. Last month that role finished (unexpectedly) and i completed working this week.
    Next week i am having a 5 hour spinal operation..(unexpectedly brought forward so i feel like i am in a whirlwind instead of ‘resting’) and i have problems with both hips that worry my recovery.. so in the natural.. yes! Transition, change and the unknown…at the door with a few sore hips thrown in for good measure as well as crippling back and nerve pain which hopwfully will be healed permanantly..
    I have been praying for new vision (His) and for new eyes to see. I am a worship intercessor and am hoping to rest in this time just with my Jesus. Pain is a horrible controlling distractor though… and the Holy Spirit can feel so far away.
    Re reading Jacobs story is a clear reminder God is closest to Jacob at that moment AND he is met by angels along the way! Oh i want to see where God is with me in this!
    But when your word said we can pray for those Mahanaim moments for others my heart broke open.. one of our sons is wrestling desperately having lost his faith and has invited strongholds into his life.. gambling, drugs, alcohol, love of money etc creating terrible anger and depression…He has moved home with us 6 months ago. He is 20.
    Whatever my new situation becomes, your word has reminded me i can fight spiritually for Him in this time in prayer until the battle is won as he is called of God! And that his moment with the sovreign Lord is coming! And that wether i can see or feel the Holy spirit in this new and sudden wilderness… He is right here now. Please pray for the eyes of my heart and for my son.And Thank you so much for the word!

Hi Ries, I’m sorry to hear of the issues you are facing and pray for a powerful touch from God before you go into the op and during for absolute mastery of skill in the hands of the Holy Spirit, for it to be a success. And for your son and family situation. I pray that the same move of God my husband and I are experiencing, a sense of being in an environment that is saturated with God’s Presence and activity, a Mahanaim, will be yours! May he encounter Jesus’ personal love for him and never be the same!

7. Isheika paisley

This message is mine I am in that season every word you speak about it’s about me I was lift and I think I’m in the Wright track

8. Fungayi Matara

Yet another word which I receive with gladness.I am facing a move,into an area my husband and I are inexperienced,farming.We have invested so much financially,physically and spiritually.I now believe God has assigned angels to help us farm and to help us build our family which was almost broken.I also declare that angels have been assigned to help me in my ministry for I know not how to move foward,having tried all I could and faced intense warfare and resistance,

God bless you Helen

9. Josphat Idaya Ondego

I love prophetic word and encouragement from Enliven ministries. I am blessed and encouraged. Regards and blessings. Thank you so much for the word of prophecy. I am really blessed by this WORD of God. May God visit, bless and increase you and your ministry in Jesus Christ. I love you all.

Josphat

1. Bafana Mkwanazi

Thank you for this prophetic word. Been struggling a lot recently. My wife suffered minor stroke and she is attending occupational therapy. She was also diagnosed with TB. I’m trusting God because He is greater than my problems.

Hi Bafana, I am praying for you and your wife right now, may the Lord infuse you with His mighty word and bring accelerated healing for your wife, in Jesus’ Name

10. Elizabeth

Thank you dear Sister for your prophetic word the battle is intense I have totally surrendered the situation to my Lord. My husband sent a court order for his share of our matrimonial home. I settled him last in January. Now I owe the Bank $$$$ so much in January 2020. I am in my latter years on so much medication. I have no place to live and it is going to be winter soon. I have so much peace because I know who holds my future. As a daughter of the King Lord will lead me and I am so safe in His mighty arms.
    God bless you

Hi Elizabeth, I am praying the Holy Spirit releases a gift of faith right now,
      and you will know the Father’s arms are around you,
      and for the breakthrough you need, in Jesus’ Name

2 Cor 1:3-5, TPT
      3 All praises belong to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. For he is the Father of tender mercy and the God of endless comfort. 4 He always comes alongside us to comfort us in every suffering so that we can come alongside those who are in any painful trial. We can bring them this same comfort that God has poured out upon us. 5 And just as we experience the abundance of Christ’s own sufferings, even more of God’s comfort will cascade upon us through our union with Christ.

1. Ncane

Good morning Helen thanks for the word of God is been so powerful. I believe God has call me for great and wonderful things in his Mighty name. Please pray for me to step out in faith and have confidence in Jesus name.

11. Eno Udoh

Thank you again for this amaz ing word of reassurance of God’s presence with me! Just what I needed.
    God bless you
    Eno Udoh

12. Rebecca Mabuse

Thank you for the Prophetich word for this month.I pray let it be in my life & so ad my family as we face death so ophen around us especially each year.Also our ministry is facing chalendges of emptyness people just staying @ home & not coming to church,finance is also the Problem.Business going slow as iam selling food supplements with no drugs can my business grow please Lord.I thank you.

13. Souvenir

Thank you so much for the on time prophetic word I was struggling so much not knowing if I was coming or going I was struggling because I need a job Finance to pay bills my son need a job he did healing in the back of his eyes I was walking with unforgiveness resentment in the church because the things that took place but reading apathetic word touch my heart and I receive please pray for myself and my son need a home I need for my son and I to be debt-free please pray for my son to totally give his life to the Lord thank you so much please pray for both of our eyes to be open God will open our eyes to see in the Supernatural and to be used by God to lay hands on the sick on the broken into be led by the Holy Spirit I want to be you so I want my son to be used by the almighty God end the season.

14. Geoffrey Lule

Hi Helen.
    Thanks alot for today’s message. I am in the same situation as Jacob. In May this year I lost my job. I was thrown in prison for 9 days for a crime I didn’t commit. While there I preached God’s word & many repented & accepted Jesus Christ.
    I was released on police bond. Am in search of a job but all seems to be in vain. It’s seems that God doesn’t even answer my prayers. For 3 months praying to get something to do but am failing to see God’s righteous hand coming to my rescue.
    I have a family, wife & 3 kids. I need to pay for house rent, school fees, feeding them etc. But it seems God is simply quiet on.
    Miraculously, this morning I receive this message from you. Oh how true this prophetic message is meant for me. Throughout all this struggle God has been hearing my prayers. I feel blessed.
    Now I know for sure that God hasn’t forgotten me. He is simply preparing me to do His Will.
    Thanks Helen & God bless u abundantly.
    Geoffrey

15. Rebecca Legg

This really spoke to me, especially following on from prayer yesterday with a friend where she felt God was speaking about Elisha and eyes being opened to see the army with us.

I love that, Rebecca, these are the kinds of “God-incidences” that assure us He’s speaking and at work in our personal lives!

16. john thikaro

Dear Helen Calder.

Shalom i great you with the wonderful name of jesus christ. yes let me do the confirm about the prophetic word over my life. yes last night i wake up and start praying around 03:00 in the morning i pray to God, God to open my spiritual eyes i may see the hidden treasure and to give the message to the dry bones. when i was praying i can feel that am with the holy spirit. the angels are on assignment for my battle. i surrender all to God to rule my life. i put myself to have 3 days fasting till this coming Sunday to break my fasting. i only ask one things God to open my eyes. Now i know God answered my prayer He really open my spiritual eyes. He change my name from john to jeremiah. thanks Helen God be with you. shalom.

17. EMMANUEL TASUN

Thank you, Helen, for this timely message. I thank God for using you to speak so directly to me in this moment of anxiety, uncertainty and waiting. I am strengthened to hold on fast and trust God to work things out for me to get funding for my education. Please remember me in prayer as I await a life-changing decision to be made by a scholarship board concerning my scholarship application. I pray for God’s favor and intervention so that the board will decide in my favor. Thank you once again for today’s motivational word and for your prayers.

18. Asobo Linsky

May God continue to bless you. Iam in the war striken part of Southern Cameroons as I write. We have been indoors now for about 2 weeks and asked to stay for another one week again indoors. Its like we are in a cage of permanent oppression and no one to rescue us. Children for the forth year not in school. Just nothing to survive on. Gun shots and fear grip our whole hearts.
    I ask myself several times where is God? Your prophetic word has given me greater assurance of God’s angels already on assignment. Hope my people get this same faithful relief.
    Thanks and thanks. God bless you and the ministry.

Everyone who reads this, please join us in prayer for Asobo, for safety, angelic visitation and for change to come in this region of Cameroon <3

Hi Asobo, I’m praying for you now, and we cry out, “Holy Spirit come!” Lord, bring transformation to this region. Turn the hearts of those who cause terror to repentance and desire to bring good and to build, not tear down! Bring faith to the hearts of your people. Bring freedom to the children. Bring comfort and Godly government decisions and Divine angelic visitation that will be talked about for generations to come. We declare, “Father, Your Kingdom come, Your will be done in this southern area – and indeed all of Cameroon, in Jesus’ Name.

19. Denson Changwe Sinzumwa

This is very encouraging and transforming. I praise God for this truth.
    The enlightenment from this prophetic word makes feel as those I am in a prophetic school. May the almighty God continue to bless you and family, in Jesus’s name!

20. MARTINS AKINBODE

Helen thanks,
    Jacob saw his angel, held him, demanded from him. delayed him!
    How will I see my own Angel, I have a lot of questions. I need clearance on many things, I love my Savior so much, for He first love me. Can it be possible today to to do the same thing Jacob did to his assigned Angels. I count on your answer Helen.
    Martins

Hi Martins, my understanding is that the one Jacob wrestled with was not an ‘ordinary’ angel but the Lord Himself appearing in human form, which happens on occasion in the Old Testament (we know it as a “Theophany” and you can look that up).
      For us today, that is symbolic of us praying, and “wrestling in prayer” directly with God. Not of interacting with an angel, but the Lord Himself. I encourage you to read Gen 32 through again with this in mind

21. Martha Smith

Thank you Helen for your on time encouragement! Prior to your email, the Lord gave me His word: Deut.31:6 “Be strong and of good courage; do not fear nor be afraid of them, for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you, He will not leave you or forsake you.” And He told me very clear that He had sent an army of angels to rescue me, for His will to be done!
    Yes! Sometimes, fear and certainty surrounds but, it takes a minute to acknowledge the Almighty, our God. The moment we enter into the realm of the Spirit, and truly know the Spiritual reality, that is where we found confidence in this place. True, exactly my situation is similar to Jacob’s.
    Everything you say in this message lined up with where i am right now.
    I am experiencing a season of gazing; i don’t have the answer, but, He does. And, I’m few steps away to the gate entrance He has open for me.
    Please, pray!

Thank you Helen!
    Sincerely,

22. Daniel Macha

This word is speaking to me right now. I’m facing a lot of spiritual battles for the past 2 years. Its a daily thing and now i just take it as normal but i dont have peace. I always ask is it because of the call of God upon my life but againg i dont know what it is i’m supposed to do. There’s so much confusion in my life right now and i pray God reveal himself to me. Thank you Lord for the encouraging words. Amen

23. Esther Weiss

Your prophetic words always minister to my spirit. May God`s anointing on you be used in His Kingdom for His glory.
    Shalom

24. Richard Njine

Two days a go I read the same scripture, I thank you for the revelation and yes I am in that situation. Let me now study the prophetic revelation

25. Sue Caley

I prayed for Asabo Linsky from the
    Cameroon’s as you asked us to Helen.I
    prayed that the Lord would send his Angela to protect Asabo,that he would release his angels to fight the spiritual
    battle over Cameroon’s and bring peace.
    The words’swords and shields kept going
    through my mind.I prayed that we would remember to put on our shiel of faith and fight,using the sword of the spirit,God’s mighty word.The Victory belongs to the Lord!May His kingdom come and his will be done in the Cameroon’s.

26. Lesley Lennon

Thankyou Helen, I so needed this word of encouragement. I believe God is increasing the seer anointing upon me IAM seeing more and more visions in the spirit and it is very encouraging to know IAM surrounded by the angelic host. God gave me a vision recently with angels in it and an open portal. It was awesome. Things have not been easy, even though I’m doing my best to tithe I’m struggling quite a bit financially and just trusting God that he will bring break through so I can pay all bills and step into my calling of going on missions he’s called me to do. IV recently download your e-book on discernment and am learning a lot from it. Also your book on prophecy and spiritual warfare. As soon as I’m able will join your course online for discernment. I have been blessed to meet you and talk and you have prophecied over me several times. I am declaring my prophecys and trusting God to bring them to pass. Looking forward to when you come back to our church Equipp, in Leongatha. Hope it’s soon.!! God bless you and thankyou.

27. Antony Suneel

I appreciate you for sending me a timely encouraging message from the Word of God. I believe this is from the Holy Spirit. I humbly thank God, the Father of our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ and you for sending this prophetic word.

28. Zoleka Lusiti Ms

Wow, once again Helen, you have read my heart and put my restless mind at ease. Thank you so much for I have been battling with myself trying to find answers and clues of how do I pass through when I am surrounded by storms and battles. May God continue to use you, though I don’t know how I am certain that I will for greater is He that is with me than the one in the world ???

29. Testimony

Always timely prophetic messages from you. I am assured that those that are with me are greater than those who are against me. I have this consolation in the Holy Spirit.

30. DR.DIKE FELIX

Thank you for the Powerful massage on the Angeles Assigned to us. I am so blessed , I Believe God for manisfestation

31. Eric

From the time I joined this online ministry I have found a spiritual partner to face situation. I am currently praying for a job and things seems impossible but I trust in God, Eric

1. Susan Caley

Hi Eric,I started to pray that the Lord would bring you the job that you need
      and a word came into my mind which was ‘breakthrough’and I saw a picture of
      a door opening ,in my mind.Prayed that the Lord would bring a breakthrough in
      your situation and that God would open
      that door which has been closed and
      that your situation would change.A verse
      from Isaiah 41came into my mind’So do
      not fear,for I am with you,do not be
      disamayed,for I am yourGod.I will strengthen you and help you,;I will
      uphold you with my righteous right hand’
      V10.I claimed this verse for you Eric,
      and I pray the Lord would enable you to
      keep your eyes on Him and his power,
      and his love for you as you wait for him to act.’ This verse from proverbs 3 also
      came into my mind’Trust in the Lord
      with all your heart and lean not on your
      own understanding;In all your ways acknowledge him,and he will make your paths straight’v5.

32. Kathy

Helen thank you so much for this word and for your book Prophetic People in a Changing Church. You are an answer to prayer for me. I have served for almost 30 years on staff at a church that is making the intentional change to go after the lost. I am the pastor of prophetic ministry and the transition has been hard sometimes. When I found and read your book, I felt like I found a friend who know what I was going through and who could help me navigate the change with a pure heart and a right spirit. Thank you for your honesty. Please pray that I can help navigate others through the changing church and help facilitate a new type of prophetic ministry for our church. I’ll be looking at your training information. God bless.

33. Destina Morgan

Dear Ellen,

Good day and thanks for your constant messages. I am most grateful. Please I would like you to support me in prayers to identify my divine calling and the purpose of the Lord for my life on this earth. I have prayed this prayer for long and I need clarity from the Lord. Thank you and God richly bless you!