Prophetic Calling: Do You Hear the Sound?

There is a prophetic sound going out to many; it is a call of the Holy Spirit.

You may hear it through a report or message that stirs your heart. It may come through something you read or see. It could come in a dream, or an encounter with God.

And in that moment, you experience a Divine collision.

The sound of the destiny God has created you for, has reached you. It has touched your heart and you will never be the same.

The Prophetic Sound of a Disturbing Report

Nehemiah was serving at the king’s palace in a privileged position as cupbearer. When relatives came to visit, they brought firsthand reports from the city of Jerusalem (Neh 1).

As Nehemiah heard the story of Jerusalem’s broken walls, the truth about the condition of the people and place he loved struck him forcefully.

That report was a prophetic sound that touched Nehemiah’s heart and he began to weep, pray and intercede.

Within a short space of time, Nehemiah was launched into a mission that would change the landscape of history.

There will be times when a report or story intersects with your prophetic calling.

God may use the voices of others, or stories that are being shared.

And like Nehemiah, God has called you to be the solution to a problem. He has called you to be the answer to someone’s cry for help.

You are about to discover what your experience and history has been all about.

When Esther Heard a Distressing Report

Queen Esther received a report from her cousin Mordecai (Esther 4). The verbal account of the edict made by Haman—an enemy who wanted to destroy her people—touched Esther’s heart. That news set in motion a series of events through which God used Esther and Mordecai to save the Jews.

Like Esther, there is something you are created for that only you can do. It is your prophetic purpose.

No cost, no risk will be too great. For the greatest prize of your life and calling lies ahead.

The Prophetic Sound of a Move of God

For Naomi, the report that moved her towards her destiny was an uplifting one that brought hope in the midst of her pain. (see Ruth 1)

• Naomi heard stories that God had visited his people in Bethlehem by giving them bread

The rumour of God’s goodness awoke her heart. Naomi’s destiny and calling, and that of her daughter-in-law Ruth, was ahead in Bethlehem, Judah.

As happened with Naomi, it may be a report of a work of the Holy Spirit that draws your attention.

You hear of a move of God and in that moment, you know you are meant to be a part of it. Fire is ignited in your heart.

The trajectory of your life is set before you.

In a moment ordained by God, your heart is stirred to action. It is a move of the Holy Spirit and nothing can hold you back.

A Prayer Movement

There are moments in our lives, when our heart is awakened by a prophetic sound.

Our prophetic calling lies ahead. But first, it must be prepared through prayer and intercession.

• Nehemiah prayed and then he was ready to be a part of the answer
  • Esther called for a community fast—only then, was she ready to risk her life

A great door of favor and influence was about to swing wide open.

The Prophetic Sound in a Dream or Vision

The Apostle Paul had a vision in the night—and heard a man from Macedonia calling to him, ‘Come over and help us!’

It may not have been a physical sound, but it was, nonetheless, a cry for help. It was being released from the very heart of God on behalf of people who needed to hear the Gospel.

And that sound determined the direction of Paul’s missionary team. It changed history.

There is a cry that is heard in heaven, a plea for help. It is converging with your calling and it echoes in the very chambers of heaven.

All of heavens resources are being brought to bear.

Receive Your Heavenly Awakening

We are at an appointed time when God is awakening prophetic callings, dreams and destinies.

It is also time to recall to mind past encounters with God—and in particular, those moments you have been impacted by a prophetic sound.

You may not be near a throne, as Esther and Nehemiah were. But know this for sure: In God’s kingdom, there are no small people and no small places.

You are loved and called by God.

[1] Your identity is the answer to the question, ‘Who has God called me created me to be?’ Your destiny is the answer to the question, ‘What has God called me to do?’ Read more on this post: Your Identity and Destiny: 3 Keys from the Life of Gideon

Learn About Prophecy on the Enliven Prophetic School

• Would you like clear and easy to understand Biblical teaching on the prophetic gift and ministry?
  • Do you need some straightforward keys to get you on track as you learn and develop in prophecy?

You can view and sign up to my self-paced video lecture series in the Enliven Prophetic School here. Choose between a small monthly subscription, or a one-off payment with no expiry date.

Modules on the School currently include: ‘How to hear God’s voice’,‘How to Begin and Grow in Prophecy’, ‘The Seer Gift: How to Grow in Pictures and Visions’, ‘Prophetic Discernment, ‘Discernment and Prophetic Warnings’ and the ‘Prophetic Guidance Master Class’

Course content also includes:

• Intimacy with the Holy Spirit
  • Being a Clean Vessel for the Holy Spirit to Minister Through
  • Developing a Lifestyle of Sensitivity to the Spirit

I would love to hear from you! Leave me a note in the comments section below or on our Facebook page to share how this teaching is meaningful to you this week.

© 2018 Helen Calder Enliven Blog – Prophetic Teaching
A part of the David McCracken Ministries family

33 thoughts on “Prophetic Calling: Do You Hear the Sound?

1. modesto talavera

Helen, Thank you for that word. I believe that is a word from God but I am in a place of losing hope of waiting so long and just going through things that I wonder now if this will ever happen. Thank you!

I am praying for you right now, Modesto, be strengthened and encouraged today, in Jesus’ Name

2. Juliet

Thank you for your anointed mails dear Helen. I lreally love to receive them. I believe I am part of an end time move of the Holy Spirit. I’ve had many dreams telling me this especially dreams where oil is poured on my head and flowing down my entire body and just this morning, i was being laid hands on and imparted upon in a church. I am eagerly trusting and praying for an open door and confirmation from God on what He wants me to do and how…

Thanks again for your mail. May our Heavenly Father keep upholding and lifting you and yours in Jesus name. Amen.

PS: I am due for delivery any moment from now. Please say a prayer for me. Thank you and much love from Nigeria!

Hi Juliet, all of that is very significant, I pray it all goes well for you and your ‘special delivery’ let me know how you go! <3 <3

3. Stacie

Hello Hello Helen- I can tell that you have graduated to a new level of anointing and I feel soooo blessed to be able to sense and feel this! You know I have been struggling since I first found you but the Almoghty Heavenly Host has held me up by His Grace! I know you speak the Truth and I thank God for your fresh anointing! Bless you Helen!! All the best-Stacie

4. Patience lwejivwe

thank you so much Helen. God is really speaking through. My heart is still up to start my ministry. lies want you to join me I’m prayers as I’m waiting on God for the location. And I really want the prophetic (Holy Spirit) to manifest in my ministry.

Hello Patience, yes praying for you right now, for that clarity and His timing, and the fresh anointing you hunger for

5. John Dike

You are speaking from the throne of God.
    Your message is wonderful and very correct
    Helen, I pray for more inspiration to be review more you, Thanks you and more grace.

6. Kirstin Plunkett

That was truly a word fresh from God! I have been dealing with underatanding the prophetic calling on my life as I am training before I actually start preaching. I have never seen pushback by The Church,my family,neighbors and co-workers for the past 2 years….But, everything in their mind is well when I was not wanting to serve God and stop running from my call to preach! But, I know it is not so because Rahab is the great-great-great grandmother of Jesus Christ and who God chooses to train me and how he does it is God’s business!

Thank you for this Word of God, Ms.Calder,

Sis./Min. Kirstin Plunkett

Hello Sis. Kirsten, I am praying for you right now, may you know His powerful directing flow in your life.

7. Bethanny A. Mast

Once I had a word for our church and it was an encouraging word about God’s love and how it was incomparable
    to anything else. Someone later told me a lady had thought it was meant just for her as her husband had died and her friends had brought her to church that day. She was contemplating suicide. You never know when a small word for the Lord at the right time can affect someone’s life.

That is SO true Bethanny and I love it when that happens! May you be filled to overflowing and have many more such words

8. Zamile Zulu

Thank you so much for such as special massage directed to my life. The holy spirit has been altering those word in my prayer will be like thank you Lord for ushering me to my destiny, and the movement of the holy spirity is so amazing to me this days. Thank you God bless you

9. William L O'Dell

Helen
    Our pastor told me he was going to call the sick to come down for prayer and healing this Sunday (the 15th)
    He ask me to be available to pray for them. I am pursuing the gift of healing and I know the Holy Spirit is
    directing my pursuit. I have been listening to Keith Moore’s teaching on healing, and he encourages me to
    ask for signs and miracles in the name of Jesus. I am being cautious as to allowing the Holy Spirit to do His thing
    instead of it being a “Bill O’Dell” thing.

Comments and recommendations would be appreciated.
    Bill

That is so good, Bill! It is great to listen to faith-building teaching when we are called on to minister. Believe that as you have soaked in what God’s Word says about healing, your own faith has been lifted, as you’ve received that impartation by faith see God using you to release it to others. Don’t hold back, this is your time!

10. Cjsjw

This is JUST INCREDIBLE I’m so glad you’ve had a breakthrough of revelation and are able to impart it upon us! Praying for more for you ! More time and resources and hearing from him in GREAT ways so as to be able to continue his calling upon your life!!
    It has blessed us and encouraged us- it is true you cannot help but cry when the spirit overtakes you!!
    God is calling so many- search his heart not his hands and gifts this is an important part of what jesus was slain so we could have so freely! We should be so grateful no matter what season or no matter how long our wait!! Blessings and prayer for father to bless you

Thank you for the encouragement, how good is our God! Yes He is calling so many, may you also know the overflow.

11. Li Li

I’m still waiting on God. I’m still do not know how to hear from him. I have many questions to ask God. My youngest son William has a lip inflammation for years, been to the hospital 2 years and they don’t know how to help him. 4 years ago I used to take him to church and ask pastors who supposed to be miracle healer but still waiting for miracle. Now my son lost trust and will not want to be prayed for. Just wondering when will God answer our prayers and let my son get instant healing and experience miracles. I wish I have the healing touch of God. When I touch, William will be healed instantly. I have also been praying for his salvation and my daughter Caroline and her fiance salvation. I really hope I can hear from God and experience his presence. Then I can talk to God my other issues as well. Im still learning and hope God will talk to me soon.

Hello LiLi, I am praying with you right now for your children, oh how He loves your family! Know that Holy Spirit is at work even though you do not see outward signs. I also agree with you for your son’s healing, in Jesus’ Name.

12. Des Taylor

Hi! What an awesome word! Your blog and videos on YouTube are always so enlightening and empowering! God is speaking! I believe a Divine shift is taking place and His true sons and daughters as described in Romans 8 are coming forth! It is time to fly and embrace the call! God bless you woman of God!

13. Sherry Boyd

Hi Hele
    Thank you so much ch for the way you pour yourself into the Kingdom and let God use you in such a special way. Could you please pray for me as I step out into a new season where God has planted me and my husband. We feel His calling to draw the broken to the Fathers heart and into their true identities as sins and daughters as He has done for us. He is stretching and challenging us into greater ministry and places we haven’t walked before. It’s exciting but we need to be obedient and faithful and just take the next step in faith. I’m praying for a double portion of faith and grace and anointing and blessing. I honour you and bless you today. Sherry

14. Thokozani mbowela

Thank you Enliven. Your messages gives direction to many dilemmas we meet in serving the Lord. May God reward you for your good work.

15. Stephen

There is a mountain standing before me I am in debt pray for me Helen to find ways and means to overcome this giant I am very much encouraged by this prophetic teaching about Gedion because I was looking down upon myself thinking that because I have no education back. ground how can I be called. Now I am inspired because God is using my lack of education as a stepping stone to take me to a higher level . Pray for me for spiritual growth and clear vision .Amen

16. Jade

Thank you for your encouraging post. It has been a confirmation for me. God is calling me to something greater than myself. My prayer is to be bold enough listen and follow through with what He needs me to do.
    May the Lord continue to use you for His glory!

Blessings
    Jade

17. OBRIAN

Glory!!! I would like to confess that this has been so helpful and encouraging, I may not know the right words to use in order for me to express my gratitudes. Thank you so much and may God Almighty keep blessing you and the ministry in Jesus Christ’s Name. I am Blessed and Uplifted in Jesus Christ’s name. Keep remembering me and the ministry in prayers.

18. Akinkuotu D.O

I really appreciate the work of the holy spirit in you.l pray for more grace in your life I just woke up today and the spirit ask me to check my mail,what I met really meet my spiritual need