3 Keys to Anointed Faith (It’s Time to Oil the Shield!)

I believe God is saying, ‘I have a fresh anointing ready to release upon your faith! That enemy that has been resisting you will not hold you back any longer. Instead, that enemy is about to get knocked back.’

A few days ago, I was worshipping in our church when a picture came to my mind’s eye. I saw someone crouched over a shield, with a container of oil and a cloth. The person was using the cloth to rub the oil into the shield.

When I looked up a Bible dictionary, I learned that ancient shields were made either of several thicknesses of leather, or of wood covered in leather. They were cared for by the application of oil, which kept them supple. [1,2]

In Isaiah 21, for example, the prophet is sounding an alarm to Babylon and he cries out, ‘Get up, you officers, oil the shields!’ (Is 21:5b, NIV)

Right now is the time to apply the Spirit’s anointing to our faith.

Are you facing a battle?
Be encouraged today. It’s time to oil your shield.

You can have anointed faith; faith that has been in contact with the Presence of God.

The Bible has much to say about the importance of our faith. Here are some keys I believe our Father is bringing to our attention, as we seek freshly anointed faith:

1. Take Time Aside with God

Oiling a shield was done aside, away from the battlefront. It was done in the place of preparation.

Preparation means separation. Hear Jesus say, ‘Come away with Me!’ It’s time to come aside to spend time in the secret place, with God and His Word.

There is greater value in this, and more at stake, than you have been aware of.

The Greek word translated anointed, ‘chrio’, means to rub or smear with oil (Strongs G5548). The word’s imagery speaks of the physical act of anointing. It is used metaphorically of being anointed with the Holy Spirit.

In Acts, the religious leaders were amazed by the faith and courage displayed by the Apostles. We read: ‘When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus.’

When we take time to be with Jesus, then His faith, His Spirit will be imparted to us. What is on Him will ‘rub off’ onto us. Our faith will be anointed.

2. Meditate on The Power of Jesus’ Shed Blood

‘Surely, Lord, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield.’ (Psalm 5:12 NIV)

God has a shield of protection for us that completely surrounds us! It is the favor of God. Favor and faith go together. But we will never experience this grace as long as we are trying to earn it. We must simply receive it.

‘And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.’ (Rev 12:11)

When you confess and declare what the blood of Jesus has done for you, your faith is anointed. It becomes unshakeable.

You grow bold in faith, because you realize that your right-standing with God is not as a result of anything you have done or deserve.

3. Be Intentional About Strengthening Your Faith

The Apostle Paul wrote

‘…above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.’ (Eph 6:16, NKJV)

The Roman soldiers of Paul’s time knew how to care for their shields. They knew how to look after them, how to bear their weight, and how to hold them for maximum protection.

Paul reminds us that faith has to be ‘taken’ in order to be used. The Greek word is analambano (Strongs G353) and means to take up, to raise up in order to use.

Receive a fresh anointing as you declare today:

‘I am not wavering in unbelief regarding the promise of God, but I am strengthened in my faith. I am giving glory to God! I am fully persuaded that God has power to do what He has promised.’ [3]

4. Make Your Prophetic Declaration

As I continued watching the vision of the shield, the picture changed:

I saw that person in the battle, in close engagement with an enemy. Suddenly, that anointed shield shone so brightly it turned into a mirror.

Now, that enemy was facing a mirror image of himself in that shield. And what he saw dismayed him—for right behind him was an angel of the Lord; larger and stronger than he was and about to take him down!

As I prayed about this, I felt the mirrored shield was symbolic of the spoken declaration of our faith, prophesying the enemy’s downfall. I was reminded of the story of David and Goliath (1 Sam 17).

~Fear is when we listen to the enemy’s intended outcome for us
~Faith is when we declare to the enemy God’s intended outcome for him!

Your Faith is About to Knock the Enemy Back

Whatever you are facing, you can do this, because God has got this.

Today, you can be like David. When David stepped forward to fight the giant Goliath, the only shield he had was the shield of faith. In stark contrast, Goliath had a massive shield, carried before him by an armor bearer (1 Sam 17:7)

When David stepped out onto the battlefield, Goliath mocked and cursed him. But David was undaunted. He didn’t believe Goliath for a moment.

Instead, he declared God’s outcome for that battle.

That young shepherd boy prophesied Goliath’s downfall. And then, he unleashed his slingshot and cast that stone. Too quick for the enemy’s shield-bearer, David’s stone found its mark right in Goliath’s forehead.

Hear your Father saying:

‘I have a fresh anointing ready to release upon your faith! That enemy that has been resisting you will no longer hold you back. Instead, that enemy is about to get knocked back.’

Notes

[1] When we’re not out traveling or ministering, my husband and I love worshipping at our home church, which is Planetshakers Church here in Melbourne, Australia.

[2] DAVIS, J.G. Davis Dictionary Of The Bible. 1972. London: Pickering & Inglis

[3] Declaration based on Romans 4:21 ~ concerning Abraham’s faith

Related Post:

How to Receive Your Fresh Anointing

The Script: Choose Your Prophetic Story, Change Your Life ~ 2nd Edition

• Have you ever felt as though your life is stuck in a pattern?
  • Would you like a clear, simple message to help yourself—and others—break free of limitations and live your God-appointed destiny?
  • Are you seeking to understand your prophetic calling?

In ‘The Script: Choose Your Story Change Your Life’ , discover how God has a story for your life. It is the story of an abundant life—a life full of faith and purpose.

‘The script’ is any story-line that is at work in your life, that is not in accordance with God’s Word—and what He says about you.

But God has a prophetic story for your life. It includes a calling and destiny that no one else can fulfil. You do not have to put up with that old script any longer! It’s time to break out, discover and walk in your prophetic destiny.

In ‘The Script: Choose Your Story Change Your Life’ you will learn:

• What a script is, and five ways it can come into operation
  • How to identify and defeat a counterfeit script
  • How to identify and break a generational storyline (curse)
  • How to replace the script with God’s story for your life
  • Key questions that will help you identify your prophetic calling

I share my own testimony of breaking free from personal and generational scripts, and encourage you to live a life empowered by the Word of God.

View and purchase this book on our eStore here.
Note: prices are listed in Australian dollars but convert to your own currency: all payments are secure and we keep your details private.

Has today’s word spoken to you? Leave a comment below, or on our Facebook page to share with others how this teaching is meaningful to you this week.

© 2018 Helen Calder Enliven Blog – Prophetic Teaching

61 thoughts on “3 Keys to Anointed Faith (It’s Time to Oil the Shield!)

1. Tracy Lynn Johnson

This word has touched me so…the tears began to fall as I immediately knew this word was for me. I am continually amazed at how God speaks to me and truly does love me despite it all. On the outside looking in, the situation looks hopeless and I’m standing on faith not to give into the sadness and fear of this change. I am stepping out in faith and on faith in my Lord and Savior JChrist Jesus. I thank you for your obedience to Our God. I am encouraged and strengthened and I accept and receive this prophetic word for my life. Be blessed and continue to be a blessing.

Hi Tracy, may His faith rise
          I’m also praying right now His hope overflows for you today
          May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. (Rom 15:13)

1. Morne

Yes, today’s word has brought confirmation to me.
    Last NITE I’ve decided to put out my sackcloth and ashes to lay before the Lord KING, till I fall asleep. I was in worshipping with a soft worship song in the background and when I have tapped into that Awesome presence of God, I could only weep, Because I have instantly realized, how dependent I am of GOD and how nothing and small I am.
    I was so aware of what He has done for me and how He has send His Begotten SON CHRIST to take my place.
    To my astonishment is when I read how you spoke about a fresh new anointing and about the disciples courage in Acts, and the Spirit led me to read in Acts lastnite about the courage of Peter John and Paul.

Im now so blessed by the unity and oneness of the Spirit.

God bless your ministry

That is such a significant time, Morne, be encouraged that His favor is shielding you all about. Something powerful happens when we let down our guard in His Presence. He becomes our shield. Just as He said to Abraham, “Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your exceedingly great reward.” (Gen 15:1)

2. Hilda

Greetings Helen.THANK YOU AGAIN.I agree with you,it’s time for the enemy to be knocked back.I couldn’t agree more with you on that one.THANK YOU.

3. derick

Good Day Helen
    Thank you for a word from the throne room. I am at a crossroad, and need to choose which way to go. I am calling out to the Lord for direction. Todays word has given me a answer.
    You blessed.
    Derick Gideon

Hi Derick, I’m praying for you right now, may you know His wisdom for your journey and decisions

4. Martha

Am always blessed by the word from from God through you Helen. All the way from Uganda. I always look forward to what the Lord has to say through you. Thank you

5. Ruth Nyandoro

This word has brought confirmation on an issue I was battling with, regarding dreams and visions I believe God has released to prepare me for the future. On the other hand, the enemy has been questioning if it would at all be possible and even making reference to disappointment from the past but yesterday, the Lord called me to worship and I found myself shouting “I believe, I believe” during the time of prayer and intimacy. I am feeling led to release quite a lot of my relationships, with people I love and people I know love me and this has been very confusing, but now I understand, it is because God is calling me to “come away’ and b with Him and Him alone for a season. Thank you Helen and may God continue to send you and may you continue in obedience as you are touching more lives than you can ever imagine. Love and Regards from Zimbabwe

Hi Ruth from Australia 🙂 I love that, yes ‘I believe I believe!’ That’s very inspiring, thank you

6. Jill

Greetings from South Florida in the U.S. I found your site a couple months ago and have been so encouraged by it! Thank you for glorifying our God and encouraging the Body of Christ to live out their calling!

7. NOLO

Dear Helen..ever since I signed up here I have felt God move with me and reveal things to me as I receive your messages..i feel like he talks to me and guides me through your words because everything that you post seems to be relevant at that moment..i feel he moves with me in my warfare through you in the prophetic..i just wanted to let you know that you are making a huge difference in my life and every word you say speaks to me. I find myself impatiently waiting for the next email just so I can be encouraged once again..thank you and stay blessed

Thank you Nolo, I’m glad the posts are helping you and thanks for letting me know, as there are plenty of battles here too.

8. Kortney Jones

Hi Helen! This is really on time. The enemy has really been trying take me back to having a fearful mindset but I declare and decree that he is about to get knocked back in the name of Jesus! Thank you!

9. Scotti

Thank you again and again for being Faithful in Christ to release such powerful and impacting teachings of our identity as sons and daughters of the Most extraordinary God we can’t even begin to fathom.
    This is a now word and God is showing His beloved bride more and more visions of the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus as the days shorten and the acceleration is at hand.
    Helen, I am praying that God would increase such divine advantage in your life and MORE supernatural doors of favour and goodness open up to you and your ministry. Thank you for all you release in the Spirit.
    Our God is so inexhaustible in supply. Praise the LORD! Let everything that has breath Praise Him.

I love that, inexhaustible supply (that has just inspired me) and thank you for the prayer. I’m praying for you right now too, may more and more you see people’s eyes opened to Jesus’ glory through your life and ministry

10. Grace

Dear Helen, what A Rhema word!! Thank you for sharing because I know in my Spirit that it is time to prepare for battle. God also speaks to me through dreams and always have since I was a young child and it is not until I became an adult that I understood that. It sometimes is challenging to speak with others about things of the spirit because they don’t understand. Again, thank you for your obedience and offering a forum where others like myself have a way to connect with like-minded individuals. Wishing you Peace and Prosperity!!

Hi Grace and thank you.
      Operating in the realm of dreams is very significant and I pray you are strengthened in that area!

11. Laura Junio

I am at the spiritual maturity finally where I can put my trust in the Lord for everything. It took a lot of years for it to sink in though I have always sought out his Word and worshipped him in praise, prayer, serving and in many other areas, I know that I am only not a filthy rag because of Jesus, and I know that I am not living in the world for myself but to fulfill the needs that he created me for and put me here to do. Now instead of freaking out and stressing out when a problem presents itself, I can tell the Lord that I do not know how he is going to change or help me but I trust that he will and he always does. My husband and I signed up to do a short term mission next year in Kenya Africa. I really enjoy reading the Word daily because it helps me keep Christ minded instead of getting involved in worldly thoughts and ways. I am praying for us all at all levels in our walks with God to seek him and to be like him as much as we can. I also pray that all who read this realize that we cannot come to God but through Jesus who sacrificed himself instead of us to go through a major torture, humiliation, emotional trauma, and abandoned and all for us because he wants to love us and be with us though he does not need us. I am thankful for all that he has done for me and I hope you all realize that he loves each and everyone of you in a personal way. That means that you matter to him. He loves and cares about you. I will be praying for us all as we go through these end times that you and I will keep growing in our relationship with him and that we will learn to love others more than ourselves. Someday it will be like that. Praise God!!!

12. Kenneth Shergold Weston

Gooday Helen thanks for your email. About oiling the shields. As a Messianic Jew which we know is a modern name from the 1960’s, for a Nazarene or a Jew who has excepted their Meshiach, kinsmen redeemer Yeshua (Jesus). I am sure you know this already Helen but I must share with you, just before I read your email on oiling the leather. I had been rubbing penetrating oil into my leather jacket, getting it ready for the English stormy winter ahead. And I remembered way back when? I had been delivered from curses which were on a mother of pearl present, given to me by an Aborigine tribes leader whilst invited to their bush party, and working in the bush out of Queensland. The deliverance team of international Christians then pored the oil of anointing over my head. After leaving the deep see net fishing in the Ocean. And North Sea of Scotland. I am now a sculptor artist and author on my first manuscript, to help my kinsmen the lost sheep of the House of Israel, to come into our Olive Tree in Romans, through our Meshiach Yeshua ( Jesus).
    Bless you Helen for sharing your gift.
    Shalom always Kenneth Shergold Weston

Hi Kenneth, wow that’s very significant thank you for that – and I pray you will touch many appointed by God through your work

Thanks Baron, for some reason you just reminded me of the different metaphors for faith – Jesus spoke of faith as a mustard seed and Paul of a massive shield. Faith protects and faith works. That mustard seed is powerful to work and move mountains.

13. Beloved- Ezeh

This is a timeless message for a timely season. Tremendously blessed, and
    is a confirmation of what the Lord ministered to my heart. Thank you, Helen.

14. Melissa Johnson

Hello , Mrs. Calder

I really enjoy your message on It’s time to oil your shield thank you so much it really blessed my soul.

15. Bondo

What you send me is what is happening ,,, I can prophecy now,, but I feel myself to go through the Bible again as you said prophetess. Now I have anap shot of he big the Church I will form will be,, its name is Centre of Good News,,, Bondo ministries,,, u can find me on Facebook now,, things have started but I don’t know he can I start to gather people amf also where.

Hi Bondo, praying for you and your ministry right now. May you receive the clarity you need
      Psalm 121

16. Kimberly Lowe

Helen i love your teaching style! You lay everything out so organized and easily understood! I love it! Just as an aside, my brither met and married a melbourne girl but they finally moved to the gold coast last year. My brother loves austrailia, which im glad he does but i rarely get to see him now, ugh! Keep up your anointed work, Helen you are such a blessing! Love, Kim

Hi Kimberly, thanks so much! Gold Coast is great, wonderful beaches and warmer than here 🙂

17. EMMANUEL

Hi Helen
    please. how can i get your prophetic training/teaching video in either downloadable format or dvd
    thanks in anticipation
    Emmanuel

18. Marvine Davis

This word is a confirmation for me. The Lord has been speaking to me for months about taking time off aside with him. I actually keep putting off going away for a personal retreat with the Lord, but after reading your post, I must confess that I will definitely make my reservation tomorrow, by the grace of God.
    Thanks so much for sharing.
    God bless you.
    Marvine

Hello Marvine, that’s sooo good! I pray you encounter Him in a powerful and life-changing way, pressed down, shaken together, running over may His Word and Spirit be poured in and through you.

19. Jay Calder

Wow. Thank you for this timely confirmation and encouragement!
    I believe there are many who are about to enter a time of unprecedented, off-the-scale, supernatural fruitfulness…and it will all come out of the four points you’ve described so well. Especially #1…Mary of Bethany had such a high calling…and we’re all invited to share it. We get to play hooky with Jesus.

~Jay (distant cousin?…probably through Noah:0)

Hello Jay Calder! Love that surname… my husband’s family line of Calders arrived in the South of New Zealand from Scotland a few generations ago. 🙂
      I say yes and amen to that and I love the way you put it, an ‘unprecedented, off-the-scale, supernatural fruitfulness’. Let it be Lord.

20. Dixon Raj

Shalom Helen. My name is Dixon from South Africa, Richards Bay. I am so grateful to God for connecting me to you. The word of life that flows out of you really inspires me all the time. I am a Pastor in Shalom Christian fellowship and truly what I receive from you is causing me to grow more deeper into God. My desire is to operate in the prophetic and allow God to use me to build peoples lives.
    God bless you and your family.

Hi Dixon, hi from Australia, it’s great to hear from you! I’m glad to hear the teaching has been empowering for you and I pray you will grow in faith, boldness in your prophetic gift. I sense God is stirring you to speak words of life and prophesy over your area. May you know what it means to have in your region and church the fountain of life springing up and touching many. Psalm 36:7-9 God’s grace touching families, business, government, endeavours of all kinds, significant growth, even new inventions! Amen

21. Charles

Hi Helen, I say Amen to the prophetic word its time for my enemies to be knocked down..and I thank God for the fresh anointing on my faith.. God bless you Helen and. I pray next time I write it will be on my testimonies in Jesus name..

Hi Charles, amen to the enemies being knocked down, I’ve just been meditating on the Egyptian chariots being overtaken by the waters of the Red Sea (Numbers) so I figure a theme is happening. Can’t get more knocked down than that!
      Yes your testimony is being released, I say yes and amen, in Jesus’ Name

22. Kathryn Newton

Only got to read this today – but as usual it is always spot on for me! I have been in a very turbulent time with both my adult daughters and I was starting to believe they hated me as there is a connstant round of accusation and blame (and anger) -the one in England refuses to communicate! I love intimacy with Jesus and know I have a mantle to carry, yet somehow I have allowed the enemies arrows to penetrate. I love your picture of oiling the shield Helen and taking it up. The thought was that either we don’t recognise we are in a battle (so see no need for the shield of faith), or we carelessly (arrogantly?) leave our shields at home – neither of which is good!
    Love your words favour and blessing continue on you

23. Molins

Hi,
    I always feel that God is really saying through you to me, because in which situation I am going through I really need these prophetic words because I always feel its for me as my situation is right now. I get comfort by your prophetic explanation. thank you very much Helen, Lord Jesus bless you more and use you more and more for His glory. I am requesting you if you can please pray for me, I really need it.
    Thanking you,