Prophetic Word for 2018: The Spirit is Coming to Your ‘Waiting Room’

‘Then he said to me, “Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to it, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Come, breath, from the four winds and breathe into these slain, that they may live.”’ (Ezekiel 37:9 NIV)

Prophetic Word for 2018When God called on the Prophet Ezekiel to participate with Him in calling forth a mighty army from scattered dry bones, there came a moment when God directed, ‘Prophesy to the breath!’

As the wind of the Spirit came, life came. God’s resurrection power was unleashed.

As 2018 opens, we can prophesy over many things as God leads us: people and circumstances; doors, dreams and destinies. But let’s continue to pay attention, for the moment will arrive when we hear Him say, ‘Prophesy to the Breath!’

Prophesy to the Breath!

In the southeast of Australia, our New Year occurs at the height of summer. During this time, hot winds blow towards us from inland. As gusts build up speed and temperatures soar over 35C (95F), these winds carry a fierce, wilting heat.

• A ‘cool change’ is our expression for a longed-for swing in wind direction.

Suddenly, instead of carrying heat from the land, the wind is now blowing from the direction of the sea. It brings cool air and along with it, a sudden drop of temperature.

It is a wind of relief and refreshing. When bush fires rage, the wind change brings deliverance, as flames turn and dwindle.

The Prophet Ezekiel looked and ‘saw a windstorm coming out of the North’ (Ezek 1:4). The glorious Throne of God—His Presence—was moving in the land.

Hear God say, ‘Lift up your eyes! Listen for the sound! My Spirit is moving.’

Your Hunger is the Landing Strip

The word for Spirit, pneuma in the New Testament Greek, and ruach in the Old Testament, means ‘breath’, or ‘movement of air’. [1]

The Spirit of God is wind by Name and nature.

‘Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting.’ (Acts 2:2, NIV)

The Greek word ‘filled’ also means to cram! [2]

On the Day of Pentecost, in a moment of Divine command, Heaven opened and the Holy Spirit rushed into earth’s atmosphere and filled God’s people.

The room was crammed with the Heavenly wind, the atmosphere of Heaven, thick with the glory and Presence of God—the Person of the Holy Spirit.

The science of weather tells us that wind occurs when air flows from a high-pressure atmosphere, towards a low-pressure atmosphere. [3] The closer these high and low-pressure areas are together, and the sharper the contrast between them, the stronger the wind.

This could be seen as a prophetic analogy:

• Just as air flows from high to low pressure systems, God sends His Spirit—along with His gifts, anointing and power—to those who are exerting a pull on Heaven (Luke 11:5-13).

Have you felt unsatisfied lately? Are you longing for more—for yourself and others?

In 2018, your hunger for God will be the landing strip of the Holy Spirit.

Prophetic Word for 2018: The Spirit is Coming to Your ‘Waiting Room’

In the book of Acts, there are several times in which the Holy Spirit moves upon roomfuls of people. [4]

These were not indiscriminate outpourings.

In each case, the Spirit came to a prepared atmosphere, to a particular room, and to a group of hungry, waiting, believing people. From there, He moved outwards. Whole localities, regions and nations were touched by the Gospel and the power of God as the Spirit moved through God’s people.

See with the eye of faith, a visitation of the Holy Spirit, as He comes to your ‘waiting room’.

Perhaps today, ‘waiting room’ has a personal meaning for you. Hear your Father saying, “I am visiting your waiting room in 2018”

Your ‘waiting room’ may be a home, a workplace, a church, a studio or stadium—or something else. Your God is not limited by brick and mortar. He will use today’s technology—including online—to move in those spaces and through those networks where He is anticipated and welcomed.

‘For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord as the waters cover the sea.’ (Habakkuk 2:14, NIV)

He is Awakening Your Desire for Him

God is shifting the focus of His people—beyond ministries, the supernatural, the prophetic and spiritual gifts—back to the Source.

It will be as on the Day of Pentecost. The believers were not waiting for an impersonal power. They were waiting for a Person! The power, the anointing, the glory, the gifts, the supernatural came with the Holy Spirit.

As 2018 opens, honor the One who is the breath of life. ‘We have no life apart from you! We can do nothing, unless you move us!’

Truly, it is ‘Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the Lord Almighty’ (Zech 4:6).

A New Sound of the Spirit is Being Heard Through You

On the Day of Pentecost, the first sign of the Spirit’s arrival was a sound.

As the Holy Spirit filled the believers, their voices became the Holy Spirit’s instrument.

The sound released on their breath went out and it reached the ears of Jewish pilgrims, gathered from the nations. It was the sound of declarations of praise to God in their own languages! (Acts 2:4-6)

As it was then, so it is today; God is releasing a new sound.

In 2018, be someone who is a ‘wind instrument’ for God – let the breath and sound of the Spirit flow through you.

Let Him speak through your voice, your passion, creativity and work.

Prophetic Word for 2018: Receive Your Harvest

Are you longing to see people’s hearts turn to God? Prophesy to the breath! Cry out, ‘Come Holy Spirit!’

On the Day of Pentecost, as the Spirit’s wind flowed outwards in the shouts of believers, another sound rent the air. It was the cries of people whose hearts were pierced by the Spirit’s conviction.

• The Holy Spirit is the only Person on the earth today, Who was and is, a first-hand witness of Christ’s birth, crucifixion and resurrection (Acts 5:32)

In an instant, the Spirit can attest to the Gospel’s truth and convict a heart.

‘Oh Lord! Our hearts cry out, we desperately need You as we seek to lead people to Jesus and the cross! We cannot fulfil Your commission apart from You.’

Get ready, for the wind of the Spirit is blowing across your harvest. An awakening is on the way, and you will see the Holy Spirit, the great Harvester, move in 2018 and beyond.

For He is coming to your ‘waiting room.’

Notes

[1] Strongs refs G4151, H7307

[2] Strongs ref G4137

[3] The science of weather is meteorology. Wind science has more variables than I’ve mentioned in this article. For more info see:

[4] Acts 2:1-2, Acts 4:31, Acts 10:27,44

Enliven Prophetic School and Courses Update

You can find the Enliven Prophetic School here.

Modules currently include:

• Foundations of prophetic ministry
  • How to hear God’s voice, begin and grow in prophecy
  • The Seer gift: how to grow in pictures and visions
  • Discernment and prophetic warnings: how to respond and share a prophetic warning
  • Prophetic Guidance Master Class
  • Additional resources and eBooks

And the course, Spiritual Warfare: How to Identify and Overcome Spiritual Attack here.

Happy New Year

Thank you for being a part of Enliven Blog and Enliven Ministries’ miracle year!
Malcolm and I are about to take our Australian vacation time and so I will be taking a break from publishing Enliven Blog for a few weeks. Note: I will not be answering emails or comments during this period.

If you would like further reading or encouragement, browse the Enliven Blog archives, where there are over 400 articles (use the categories buttons on the home page).
We pray you are refreshed and encouraged as 2018 unfolds.

~ Helen Calder, Enliven Ministries

Prophetic Word for 2018: Receive Your Own Insights

As always, I encourage you, my reader, to stir up the gift within you and ask the Father for your own personal insight for the coming year.
Here is an article to help you do that: How to Seek a Prophetic Word for the New Year

© 2017 Helen Calder Enliven Blog – Prophetic Teaching
A part of the David McCracken Ministries family

37 thoughts on “Prophetic Word for 2018: The Spirit is Coming to Your ‘Waiting Room’

1. Tanika

Thank you so much Prophetess Helen for this amazing prophetic word. I have never been more hungrier to experience God. The Lord spoke to me about December being the month of transformation. It is time to renew our minds in the word of God and be refreshed by the Spirit of God. Helen, Thank you for all of your hardwork and sacrifice. I love this blog and the prophetic school. God is good, and is worthy to be praised!!! Glory be to God!!! Have a great vacation and Happy New Year!!!

Thank you Tanika!
      Thank you for your feedback and being so hungry, you are a joy to me and most of all to your Heavenly Father! I pray you will experience encounters with Jesus in this season that will take you ‘from glory to glory’. Transformation is such a great word. I’ve certainly been experiencing that myself in surprising ways.
      Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. <3

2. Martine

Thank you very much woman of God. I Love you so much because each time a read something from you, the there is a new feeling in my spirit, soul and body. I enjoyed everything from you this year.

It’s my greatest wish, desire and prayer to see God pouring His spirit on me throughout 2018 that I can exercise the authority he has give me to win souls and turn hearts to him.

I want to see more, hear more and speak more in the spirit.

My heart is ready, the door of my house which is my spirit is open for the breath of God to come in for 2018.

Come Holy Spirit. In Jesus name.

Merry Christmas to you and your family
      God bless you.
      Martin

Hello Martin, that is such a great desire and prayer, I say amen to all of that. Come Holy Spirit!
        Merry Christmas to you also

2. BENNY MATHEW

Dear Prophetess Helen,
    Greetings from India!
    From the core of my heart I express my sincere thanks to you for the magnificent Word. Yes, I am the one among those hungry souls who have been waiting for Holy Spirit’s life-changing breath. My life’s different phases are stories of waiting. I waiting 10 years for my marriage, then another 5 years to receive a child from the Lord; for several years for my first vehicle and so on…
    Yes, I believe that Holy Spirit WILL come to my waiting room in 2018 – to my Christian discipleship, to my ministry, to my witnessing, to my calling of as a Teacher.

Thank you once again for those precious words.

Come Holy Spirit, fill these waiting rooms with your Presence, do a great work in Felicia’s life in 2018 and beyond!

3. Jenni

The waiting room to me: my husband and I stand in prayer for a child. I believe and receive that 2018 will bring us a child!

4. Noncedo

Hi Helen
    Thank you for your word for 2018 I am hungry and thirsty for the Spirit of God.I need peace and joy in my soul.
    Can you pray for me for doors to be open I have a blocked money i m waiting for long time.
    I need doors to be open in my love life. I receive dissapointment everytime. I need prayer for way out I m stuck in my spiritual life.
    Thank you.

Hello Noncedo, yes and amen, praying for you right now.

Here’s some teaching that may help re the challenges you’ve been having with ‘doors’

5. Stuart Hatchard

one night at a 24 hour prayer meeting everyone feel a sleep. I went out side leaning against the fence (i’m the pastor) I said “God what do You want me to do” He replied “build Me a house of prayer, you build Me the house of prayer I’ll build the church” I’ve been working on it ever since. numbers have drop to 6 but My Dad has meet all our needs and some and confirmed His word.

Hello Stuart, it’s amazing what our Father can do with a small group of praying sons and daughters. Jesus said, ‘where two or three are gathered..’ I pray you are refreshed and have a new sense of encounter with God as a group and your church also

6. Alice Kofa

Hello, Helen.
    Many thanks for the Prophetic Course, I wish to let you know, it was a blessing. I am grateful and do appreciate the lessons taught by you through the videos.
    Thank you for the Prophetic word for 2018; what a blessing others who love to
    have, I am eagerly waiting to welcome the Holy Spirit in my living room, and to receive all that he has for me. Praise be to God, for His wonderful Love.
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Hello Alice, thank you it’s great to hear that!
      First stage of school complete, I’m now currently praying about where to take the prophetic school beginning next year 🙂
      I pray you will experience a powerful encounter there in your living room Alice! <3

1. Alice Kofa

I just can’t wait, for His presence and the fullness of his glory, the beauty of his holiness. Holy Spirit, please open my eyes to see, and take all of me, in Jesus name. Do it in my living room.
        Helen, I am still waiting for this, 2018.

7. Rozanne

Helen I love that WORD “The Spirit is Coming to Your Waiting Room” there is such a resonating in my spirit: much like I imagine Elizabeth experienced with the arrival of Mary who was pregnant with Jesus, and her own babe, (we know as John the Baptist) leapt in her womb.

The “Waiting Room” is pregnant with expectation and desire for Him (and who He is) that’s our heart – my heart!

Thank you Lord for Your longing for the fullness of our expectation and anticipation…oh how that delights You Abba!

Thanks Helen have a wonder Christmas with your family and friends and enjoy the refreshing coming your way!

Hello Rozanne, ooh yes I love that!
      The story of Elizabeth has been very meaningful to me over the last couple of years.
      Have a wonderful Christmas too Rozanne and be refreshed as well <3

8. Busie

Hi,
    Thank you so much prophetess for this prophetic word
    My waiting room in 2018 will be for God to use me as his vessel
    To use me without limits
    To anoint my head with oil until it overflows
    Enjoy your vacation may the Lord visit you there
    To win more souls
    For my prophetic ministry to grow
    If we can touch and agree on that ,I will bless the Lord

9. Daniel

Thanks so much woman of God for being an instrument of blessing in my personal life and in ministry as well.Your teachings are profound and gives much insight in the prophetic.God richly bless you and happy new year to you and your family.

10. Patricia Usher

Hi Helen
    I got this Prophetic Word this morning about the Wind of the Spirit that going to blowing I for 2018
    I got so excited when I saw your Blog I would like order song of your material for teaching purpose
    I would like hear you comment

That’s awesome, Patricia! I love the way the Spirit works to encourage and confirm.
      Re teaching material, let me know what kinds of things you’re looking for.

11. Peter Gross

Hi. Circular winds like cyclones blow in all directions. Australia holds the record for the world’s fastest non-tornadic wind speed: Cyclone Olivia was 408 kilometres per hour (254 mph). The name ‘Olivia’ is significant.

12. Linda Tvo

This past October a local pastor here in Fresno, CA asked our prayer group to characterize what they related to the term “revival”. Not a word I personally use much so nothing particular came to mind from the Lord until we began to pray relative to the thoughts shared. Then the Holy Spirit placed in my mind’s eye the picture of creation – God breathing into man the breath of life & how man became a living soul. My inward petition simply became “breathe”. My thoughts were then turned to the same event you opened this prophetic word for 2018 with in Ez 37, the dry bones being “revived”. The following morning the Spirit expanded on the theme even further.
    What struck me when I 1st read your blog was the number of touch points in common – the breath of God & life through His breath, resurrection power, the nature of wind & the Holy Spirit as the wind, God Himself as the focus & the Source of life. But what brought it home even more personally was your reference to the “wind instrument”. A couple Sundays after that prayer meeting, while in a service, the Lord drew my attention to the “wind instruments” on the worship team, one man in particular, giving me the sense that “I want to ‘breathe’ through that man”. I so love that out of the mouth of 2 or 3 witnesses God establishes His word. Your faithfulness to bear witness has encouraged my faith & caused expectation to rise for 2018. Thank you also for the lovely insight of the Holy Spirit’s first-hand witness & His ability to attest to & convict one of the truth in Christ Jesus. Blessings to you & those whose lives you touch in the year ahead.

13. Munyaradzi Mugombi

Waiting room is whereby one wait for God’s time (patient )
    Whoever is patient has great understanding but one who is quick tempered display folly
    I am in did hungry for God to know more of him.
    God bless you

14. Connie McEldowney

Helen,
    I was wondering if you could help me with understanding the word I received from the Lord for this year?
    The word is revolution. I looked up the definition but can’t seem to understand how it would fit spiritual. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Connie McEldowney

Connie, when your comment came through I thought WOW! Because I received that word about this year too – and my initial response was the same – I didn’t understand how it could fit.
      Definitions include ‘involving or causing a complete or dramatic change’ (that’s easy to grasp) and ‘engaged in or promoting political revolution.’ That second was what I didn’t understand – overthrowing one political system (government) and bringing in another. Until I realised it had to do with overthrowing the MINDSET and LAWS of this kingdom of this world/darkness and bringing in the government of the Kingdom of God. Now that has me in a whole lot of food for thought! You may find something in there too! <3

15. Felix

Hi Helen, really good to have you back. I want to apologize firstly that my comment has got nothing to do with the content of this post. But I have this deep thing on my heart and I’d really appreciate an answer. So about five years ago i received a prophecy that i had been called into the prophetic office, basically called to be a prophet of God. I know most of the ways God speaks to his prophet are through visions. Up until this point, i have never had a vision before. But i can tell you that i dream A LOT. Sometimes I don’t remember, mostly i do. And some of the dreams i have just don’t make any sense. I try so hard to find an interpretation from books and even from God but I don’t seem to get one. Firstly, it is possible that God could speak to his prophets ONLY through dreams? If not then why am i not seeing visions? Cos sometimes i wake up in the morning and I don’t remember the dream, then i get frustrated and begin asking God why He doesn’t just give me a visions during the day that way i may never forget it.? Also, sometimes i have dreams that seem to be prophetic, usually supposed to manifest in a few days time, but it never does, and when i have “prophetic” dreams about other people, i cant tell if its indeed prophetic or not since even my own prophetic dreams are not manifesting. I am confused Helen, what do i do? I have prayed to God about this but it keeps happening, its as if God is not speaking. To be honest, I’m even beginning to doubt if the prophecy was really true, cos apart from the basic things I do as a Christian, there’s nothing that can set me apart and classify me as a called prophet with. And this really bothers me.

16. Ndumy

Thank you Mam Helen, the prophetic word for 2018 is almost similar to that of my pastor. His is 2018 a year of harvest (harvest of souls and blessings ) . May the Holy Spirit come into my waiting room. I was prophecied to take care of those in need and may the Lord help to continue doing it even through financial wilderness. The Lord put a desire in my heart to dine with those in need this year , I’m praying that the owner of silver and gold will meet the desire of my heart and supply all resources needed. I felt it deeply to fulfil this desire after my husband showed me this verse in Lukewarm 14:12-14. I thank God for finding your blog and I will invite many to it.