Have you ever noticed the Holy Spirit recalling to your mind Bible verses, stories, or illustrations from Scripture when you are praying or ministering?
If you desire to grow in your revelatory gift of prophecy, discernment, wisdom, or prophetic encouragement, you must be aware of this.
The Holy Spirit reminds you of what Jesus has said and made available to you. He will not only give you fresh revelation; He will also draw on:
- Things God has spoken to you in the past
- What you have learned through encounters with Him
- Wisdom and insights you have been taught
- Scriptures, Bible stories, Bible symbols, and Scriptural principles.
You partner with the Holy Spirit in your ministry. You provide the storehouse He draws from, by positioning for encounters with God, choosing wisely who to learn from, and by studying the Bible.
Your Bible Study is a Storehouse the Holy Spirit Draws From
Here are 4 reasons why the study of Scripture is vital to your ministry of prophecy, wisdom, or discernment:
- The Bible is the most significant source of revelation from the Holy Spirit. It is the primary way God speaks to us.
- Scripture is also the primary means by which we weigh up every prophetic insight or discernment.
- Studying and meditating upon God’s Word helps us to grow personally and in our gifts and ministries.
- The Bible is a significant source of prophetic symbolism. It aids our comprehension of symbols and is the first place we turn to for interpretation of prophetic words, visions or dreams.