Watershed: Something New is On the Way (Prophetic Insight)

Naomi experienced it when she set out on the road to Bethlehem (Ruth 1).
Moses faced it at the burning bush (Exodus 3).
The Apostle Paul experienced it when he was arrested in Jerusalem (Acts 21).

There are moments in life when everything changes.

We use the word ‘watershed’ to describe pivotal moments of life-change—but it is also a geographic term. [1]

A watershed is a location. And I believe this is a prophetic picture the Holy Spirit is using to encourage many of us today.

What is a Watershed?

Imagine you are sitting on a crest—a high point on a mountain or hill—and on one side of that ridge, the river runs one way, and on the other side, due to the direction of the slope, water flows the other way.

Now, the river you were following has split in two.

• Perhaps, you can choose between the two directions
  • Maybe you are forced—due to the environment—to take a different direction to that which you anticipated

This is a type of watershed.

And it’s a picture of pivotal moments in life, where up until now, your life has moved in one direction. But now, you find yourself at a critical juncture.

Perhaps, change came suddenly. It may have been caused by something that was out of your control. Or, you may have seen change coming for some time.

Part of your future may be held in mystery, but your Father, who is the Author of your story, knows what is up ahead.

And He is good.

At the Watershed: Release and Move Onwards

In life, just because something comes to a natural end, doesn’t make it any less painful. Or the brokenness any less real.

A watershed can happen simply because there is a change in your stage of life—or that of others around you.

Brokenness occurs when two or more parts that were once together, are no longer joined. Change has taken place and things will never be the same again:

• What was once harmonious, is now incompatible

Taking time in God’s Presence to acknowledge what you have lost, may be the most powerful thing you can do right now.

There are times to give ourselves permission (because our Father does) to grieve over what will never be the same.

• It positions you to receive God’s comfort (2 Cor 1:3-4)
  • In that place of truth, you receive courage from Him to embrace the journey ahead

As David wrote,
‘…weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning’ (Psalm 30:5b, NIV)

It is your watershed moment.

Take Hold of Your Father’s Promise at the Watershed

At the watershed, God gives you a promise:

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jer 29:11, NIV)

Your Father hasn’t forgotten you, or His promises towards you. And He hasn’t been taken by surprise.

The watershed heralds the new move of God for your life. You are assured He has given you a hope and a future.

At the watershed, you are receiving courage to dream again.

Power is Released as You Begin to Reach Forwards

Any journey of faith requires two actions. And you will find these at the place of watershed:

• One action is to leave behind the things of the past
  • And the second is to reach forward to what is to come

‘Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?’ (Isaiah 43:18-19, NIV)

At the Watershed, You are Invited to go Deeper

‘…where the river flows everything will live.’ (Ezek 47:9b)

During the Prophet Ezekiel’s time, many of the Jews are in exile. Back in their homeland, Solomon’s temple has been ransacked, then destroyed—leaving them without their place of worship.

In a watershed encounter with God, the Holy Spirit enables Ezekiel to see from a different perspective. A Heavenly perspective.

He sees a new temple, filled with the glory of God, and a river of life flowing from God’s Presence (Ezek 47).

As the river goes further, it goes deeper.

Today, at whatever your watershed may be, hear your Father’s invitation to go deeper with Him.

No matter what turn your life has taken, the River of His Spirit is available to you. There is life. There is wonder. Healing and fruitfulness is up ahead.

And many people are going to encounter God because at the watershed, you said ‘yes’ to Him.

[1] See_https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/watershed

Enliven Prophetic School

View and sign up to my self-paced video lecture series in the Enliven Prophetic School here. Choose between a small monthly subscription, or a one-off payment with no expiry date.

© 2018 Helen Calder Enliven Blog – Prophetic Teaching

49 thoughts on “Watershed: Something New is On the Way (Prophetic Insight)

1. Ji

Our God is the God of hope! I love that in the river of His Spirit, there is life, wonder, healing and fruitfulness. Thank you Helen for the insight!

1. Melford Morris

I want to specially thank you for your timely encouragements they come at a time when i am in need of direction and answers . I must add that the tone of the letters are that of Holy Spirit and makes it more readily for one to recieve . May our God continue to bless you and keep you close to Him .

2. Wendy Widjaja

Hi Helen, Going through a difficult time with our daughter at the moment. This gives me SUCH HOPE in the midst of a transitional sifting of my heart and hers. I look to my God from where my help comes from! Only He has the answers to these changes.

3. Ncedeka

I certainly relate… and this has lifted my spirit and increased my faith. Its a confirmation from God that I chose right. I’m 32 years old and I was in a relationship with a man who’s ways was pulling me away from the presence of God. He was born again but still stongly believed in doing the zulu culture, which included ancestors etc. It became so heavy on me. He started speaking of marriage. That was so heavy on me because I knew that marrying him would mean that I also perform all those rituals. I loved him alot.. and only ever imagined having a family with him. It was hard. The hardest thing I ever had to do..
      I had to break it off with him. Its been six months now since we broke off. I’ve never felt such peace, my relationship with God has been restored and so much closer to Him. I feel the presence of the Holy Spirit. I love and laugh more. This walk is what I wouldn’t trade for the world. I love Jesus with all my heart so much. I love the Holy spirit and I had missed Him so much. I wish I could tell all the young people to guard against defiling the covenant they have with God. Everyday I thank God for His mercy on my life.. I fear living without God.

2. Bernice

Helen, this spoke to me. I’m in a season where I feel like I’m no longer finding a lot of common ground with the people around me because we are on different stages of our life journeys. Was really sad about it for a while but this word gave me so much hope. Thank you and God bless you sister! 🙂

3. Ashley

Good morning Helen. This is not just a message of encouragement to me but a Prophetic Word…THANK YOU!!! It is a confirmation of what has been spoken to me by GOD. The past few months has been challenging to my family and me to say the least, but this divine comfort confirmation gives me a renewed comfort. I believe this is a Watershed Word. I look forward to sharing our testimony with you. Keep us in prayer. You are in ours.

GOD BLESS

4. Erica Ainley

Many times I read your blogs and I am truly amazed at how God uses you to speak directly to me. The “Watershed” was speaking to me right now for this season of my life. It makes me realize God truly sees me and wants to bring some understanding to me where I am today. I lost my mother about a year and a half ago. I have spent the time since her death settling her estate. It was a very difficult task due to her owning a few businesses. Now I have found myself on the other side of it all not fully knowing how to feel and what to do. This blog gave me some answers I needed. Thank you for your obedience to share what God gives you.

5. Cody

Such wonderful prophetic words. It’s so cool how this is literally going on in my life right now. I’ve been seeing the change nesiscary for a better life for me. I’ve already started embracing the water shed moment. So happy to have this to confirm and comfort.

6. AYEH EMMANUEL

I thank you for your inspirational messages which strengthens my Faith any time I read them… I pray hope God leads me to the right path when there Is a WATERSHED in my life…

7. Frankwell Mwila

Ever since I began reading your prophetic insights I have come to realize how much more I need to draw closer to the LORD , see what He is doing, hear what He is saying by His Holy Spirit and be tuned to move in the Lord’s direction. I know for sure I am at the watershed waiting to hear his voice and take the right route. The Word comes alive each time I read your postings.
    How I wish you could come over here in part of Zambia and minister prophetically or run a prophetic school.
    May the Lord keep enriching you with fresh prophetic revelation.

8. Andrea

So awesome that this is the third confirmation within a week that God is doing a new thing it is so exciting! And I know I also have a part to pay of letting go of the past and forgetting former things. My prayer is that the Lord will guide me to remember things I need to remember (memory stones) and to forget things that I need to forget to be ready for the new thing He is going to do.

9. Patrick

Timely and applicable. I am in a place of absolutely no direction and little hope. Something I was believing a long time for seems to have been ripped out of my hands, and my heart. I know not the way to take. I can only trust the Lord.

10. Judith

Thank you very much. This word is so relevant to me right now. Thank God for the Holy Spirit’s leading. Being at the watershed for me is painful but I’m thankful for God’s reminder that something new is coming.
    Blessings to you

11. Abner Chavez

God never fails to warn us what’s coming towards us. This word sure speaks my current season. Praise the Lord!

12. Rowena

Yes I’m in the Watershed! This message is really for me. Father GOD always give me a sign when it’s from HIM and when I’m about to embark something big in my life or an confirmation! One of the Scripture here in your message is the one- HIS assurance for me to move forward!
    Thank you so much ms Helen!

13. Wanda

God bless you. I am going through a water shed experience right now. Oh how amazing it is to be reminded that God has not forgotten me. Got on my knees to pray early this morning and the Holy Spirit with ? came upon me. Thank God for your encouraging prophetic insight.

14. Tonya

This word is right on time as I am going through this right now!!!!! I am so glad to have opened my email and find this there because I was really struggling! GOD bless you!

15. Robinson

Am thankful for all your teachings,am encouraged,inspired and built up spiritually.

I am requesting to be prayed for, for a financial break through and my wife also to get a better paying job.

Thank you.
    Robinson

16. Christy

Thank you for this word! I have felt lately in the Spirit that this type of “watershed” turning and change and new direction is coming into my life very soon – something God prophesied over me four years ago is now coming to fulfillment, but the sense I have in the Spirit is “bittersweet” – there is much joy over what is coming, but also a sense of grieving over what is lost – or has moved on. This word is an encouraging confirmation of what I believe is coming to me in the next few weeks/months.

Thank you for your faithfulness in hearing Him!

17. Mandlenkosi Moses Buthelezi

Hi Prophetess Helen
    I want to thank You about the prophecy that you are giving to me.These days I am in the financial constraints due to the New Car I bought in December last year, on May it has been smashed badly by someone I do not know because I have been told about it I did not see it myself as from there I have been exposed to huge debts I cannot manage until to date. after that I met someone Here who is calling herself an Angels Medium and she claims that she can make me to communicate with my Guardian Angel and after that I will win the Huge amount in whatever competition may take place as long as I follow her Instructions but I never worn anything till to date but I was scared to do as she was instructed me to do her Rituals and those Rituals were involving needles, candles ,green sewing threads and other fearful things. Prophetess tell me is this still things from God?
    but now I remembered that there is something God invested that are coming for me as you said.

Moses

18. HILDA

Hi Helen.Thank you very much for another encouraging words.I believe you are talking to me again.I am the one who experiencing the watershed right now.It’s not easy for one to forget what someone did to you for the past three years,but our father in heaven is saying that we should forgive those who’ve hurt us so that he can also forgive us.I know his plans for me is not to hurt me but to prosper me.I choose to forgive and forget and see what is these new thing that is coming.HILDA MOKHELE

19. Danica J. Johnson

Helen,
    Thank you for your prophetic ministry. I am blessed and encoraged each time I read your Enliven blog. I am currently experiencing a Watershed moment. I have left my hometown and recently moved to a new city. I was lead by God to leave behind the old/familiar and invited to go deeper in my faith with God on this new journey. Your words are in line with what my Pastor is preahing. Thank you. I pray that God will continue to use you mightily for his kingdom and for his glory.

20. MARTINS

Thanks Helen, I am following every cross of “t” and dots of “i” in this prophetic exposition. I have never thought of “watershed” before, but looking it up in my dictionary, I am scared to the marrow! This is what I found out:

A critical turning point in time where everything changes that will never be the same as before.

just as you put it. What scare me is most is; if one doesn’t know this, doesn’t have knowledge of it, but KEEP ON PRAYING TO CHANGE IT, WHAT A TERRIBLE IGNORANCE WILL THAT BE! Now my question Helen, How long should a christian, or prophet-in-making pray before knowing, or hearing God’s directives on matters?
    Thanks very much. You are a blessing to souls.

21. Gabrielle

Thank you so much for sharing enliven. I have been experiencing this watershed, but only I had never heard the word before. I have been feeling lately as if God has been up to something new. Today while praying I saw what appeared to be some sort of chess board or checkers board and I saw pieces being moved to different spots. I believe that God is indeed in the process of moving people in different directions and ushering them in the new.

22. Charlene J Stevens

God called it “my double-back detour” before it happened so I didn’t lose anything in this. I understand what it means as my family took car trips most of my life when I was a child. I learned how to read maps. It’s actually when you have to double-back to a place you have been before. It looks like it’s going to take longer to get to your destination, but actually; it’s shorter and it’s really not a waste of time because you will get there quicker than the way you were going in the first place. Quite refreshing if you let it be……

23. Rochelle

Honor and glory to God! Every time I read the Helen Calder Enliven Blog – Prophetic Teaching I glean and learn… May the King bless you even the greater…Time of refreshing at my personal “Watershed”

24. Marilyn

Thank you Helen..I feel truly blessed and my spirit is elated after reading the watershed prophetic word from you. I am struggling with the death of my young son, I am looking down at those rivers going in different diections and not knowing where to go or what to do going forward. I am so grateful to the Lord for having people like you who somehow just know when to send the right message at the time it is most needed. God Bless you and keep encouraging us to keep moving on by staying focused on the promise of GOD. THANK YOU

25. Marisa

This is amazingly on Time for me!!! I recently had a change happen that was out of my control and it left me brokenhearted. This Word has given me hope and excitement for what God has in store for me and what He will do with my YES!!!

26. Josefina Romero

God greatly bless you Helen. Whenever I start wavering on the purpose of a very critical decision I’ve made , GOD has used you through your prophetic insight to minister to me and to confirm and reaffirm me that I’m in the right direction.It hasn’t been easy but I keep trusting that God is leading the way . In obedience to His promptings ,I’ve felt both joy and grief because it’s never easy to leave family .But one thing I am sure .Jesus is the way,the truth and life.Glory be to God.Alleluia!

27. Natasha

This is really a prophetic word for me, at one time I thought you were talking to me personally. Thank God for his word, I will hold on to it in Jesus name.
    Thanks Helen.

Hi everyone, I’m away ministering at the moment and not able to answer individually, but I’m reading each one and praying with you all. May you know Heaven is breaking loose over your place of watershed. Our Father is never short of a plan or provision and I’m believing with you for the revelation of what – and where – these are for you.

29. Denise

Thank you for giving what I am going through a name “Watershed “. I asked God to remove from me whatever is not of Him. He has taken me back through my past hurts and I have relieved them, then He removes them from me. I no longer remember the hurt. I no longer have the hate, the anger, the bitterness. He has washed me clean. It was a turnaround time a watershed moment in my life. I am set free and greave no more over my past, but now look to my future. Praise be to God!

30. Cheryl

Thank you for giving what I have just gone through a name. I asked God to take from me anything that was not of Him. He had me relive my past hurts then He healed me of them. I am no longer bitter, angry or filled with hate. He washed me clean. Now my life is going in a new direction and I am able to walk in my purpose. I have shed my past and live for the present and future He has planned for me.

31. Dineo

Thank you for this message it really came on the right time I needed to hear a godly message speaking directly to my situation…. It’s been a year since me and my family lost our mother and my family is not the same anymore its like we drifting apart but in all this thank you for reminding me that my father who is the author of my life nd destiny is a good God nd knows what is ahead nd I believe he will change this situation for his glory

32. mike

Thanks for the Watershed message. It has really inspired me so much. Now i know that God is still on my case and His promises will come to pass

1. PAUL ADEKUNLE

Hello Helen,
      I just want to say thank you for being there, walking with me on my journey into the light.Thank you Thank you Thank you.

33. Michael Samaro Ekum

Thanks so much for this… I’m really at this point in my life . And every word spoke to my spirit.. I’m so grateful.. Thank you..

34. Ajunwa Stanley Chigozie

I’m so blessed reading this excerpt. God bless you Helen. I undoubtedly just got this spiritual WiFi, and I connected. Thanks a million, I just got lifted. Weeping may endure for the night, but JOY comes in the morning. Hallelujah

35. Susan Caley

Thank you for your post on a watershed.
    Everything you said in it applies to what’s
    happening in my life at the moment.
    The Holy Spirit is drawing me into a deeper intimacy with Jesus,at the same time I feel that I am at the end of myself as regards the call on my life,I have
    consecrated myself to the Lord,I want to
    go on with him into whatever he has for me.I feel on the threshold of new things.