God says, ‘While You are Wondering, I am Working’

Have you ever wondered about the meaning of a prophetic insight, vision or dream from God?

It may be a particular Bible verse He has brought to your attention.

You know the Holy Spirit is conveying an important message to you.

But you don’t yet have clarity as to what it means—or how you should respond.

Hear your Father say, ‘While you are wondering, I am working.’

A Vision Left Peter Perplexed

One day, God gave Peter a powerful vision that left him confused. We read:

“Now while Peter wondered within himself what this vision which he had seen meant, behold, the men who had been sent from Cornelius had made inquiry for Simon’s house, and stood before the gate.”
(Acts 10:17, NKJV)

That Greek word translated ‘wondered’ is diapore (Strongs G1280) and could be translated to be much perplexed, in doubt, puzzled, thoroughly nonplussed, or entirely at a loss! [1]

There are going to be times when, like Peter, we are perplexed by a prophetic insight.

The meaning of what our Father is saying and doing is still in the process of unfolding

When Mysteries Leave us Mystified

The Holy Spirit often speaks in mysteries, such as symbolic visions, dreams or parables. He gives us fragments, or ‘snapshots’ of God’s plans. He is giving us a small window into what our Father is up to.

Why does He do this? One of the reasons is, our Father is drawing us after Him. God wants us to seek for answers in our relationship with Him.

• It may be time for you to pray
  • Or, this may be part of an ongoing conversation your Father wants to have with you

Let the mystery draw you into intimacy.

Mysteries leave us mystified, and a wonder will make us wonder, until the meaning is revealed.

This may be for a short time, like Peter, or during a longer season.

• Joseph must have wondered for years what the dreams he received from God as a young man meant, and how they would be outworked.

If you find yourself perplexed, confused or troubled over what the Holy Spirit is saying, you are not alone.

Even the great men and women in Scripture had times when they struggled to comprehend what God was saying. And catch up with what God was doing.

Sometimes, that confusion was in others around them.

The Disciples Thought the Message Given by Angels was Nonsense

Mary Magdalene, Joanna, and others in a group of women returned from a visit to Jesus’ tomb with a message they received first-hand from angels (Luke 24).

‘Jesus is risen!’

Instead of rejoicing at this revelation, Jesus’ disciples expressed unbelief.

‘But they did not believe the women, because their words seemed to them like nonsense.’ (Luke 24:11 NIV)

The Greek word translated ‘nonsense’, leros (Strongs G3026) means idle tales, an incredible, unbelievable story. ‘Twaddle’! [2]

The revelation was true. It was real. It came with a heavenly visitation.

But for a time, the disciples were perplexed. They thought the women were speaking utter nonsense.

• They were yet to catch up with what God had already done

Sometimes Others Around Us Don’t Understand

At times, we are in the position of the women. We ‘know that we know’ what God has revealed to us. But there are significant others in our world, who do not see as we do. Yet.

For a season, people around us are perplexed, and our faith and patience is tested.

But God is at work in the background, bringing things to pass.

He has a way of bringing everything into alignment in His perfect timing.

The Answer was Already at His Door

While Peter was still confounded and perplexed about the vision God gave him, the answer was about to knock at his door (Acts 10:17).

Already, God had been speaking to and directing other people. Peter was just catching up with what God was doing.

A mystery may leave you mystified for a season, but be assured that your Father is already at work.

You can anticipate Him revealing what he is up to, in His perfect timing.

[1] See_https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G1280&t=KJV

[2] See_https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G3026&t=KJV

Enliven Prophetic School News

I have uploaded a new video lecture on ’10 Ways You Can Grow in Sensitivity to the Holy Spirit in Prophecy’. In it, I share personal examples from my own journey with the Holy Spirit.

Recent course content also includes:

• Intimacy with the Holy Spirit
  • Being a Clean Vessel for the Holy Spirit to Minister Through
  • Developing a Lifestyle of Sensitivity to the Spirit

You can view and sign up to my self-paced video lecture series inthe Enliven Prophetic School here. Choose between a small monthly subscription, or a one-off payment with no expiry date.

Has God been speaking to you but you’ve had a journey where what He is up to is in the realm of mystery? Leave me a note in the comments section below or on our Facebook page to share how this teaching is meaningful to you this week.

New YouTube Video

In this video, I share that one of the greatest lessons I have learned is to love local church and honor oversight. But it hasn’t always been that way. And I understand that many now are like I once was; feeling hurt and misunderstood. If you can relate to that, the last part of this video is for you.

‘No matter what you’ve done, no matter what anyone has done to you, there is a release to you through forgiveness…God is healing people from hurts they have carried for years.’
This is the story that launched Enliven Blog. (Watch to end for prayer)

© 2018 Helen Calder Enliven Blog – Prophetic Teaching

27 thoughts on “God says, ‘While You are Wondering, I am Working’

1. Malcolm Calder

I love that, I so appreciate that insight Helen. This is something I am learning to comprehend and live in amongst the amazing things God is doing right now! Thank you!

1. DUNCAN SHAMENDA

Helen, thanks for such a timely word. It has come at such a crucial time when really need divine direction in my ministry and walk with God.

2. Thuliswa

Thanks so much, for three weeks now when you write, is like you see me
    Thank you I got answers that I needed .

3. martha malepe

hi Helen thank you, i have heard what i believe was voice from God not once not twice, but the truth is even now i dont understand what is God saying to me and it burns me,it now makes sense i thought its only a mere Martha Malepe who doesnt understand,i am standing in HOPE . God’s love to you

Be encouraged Martha, it’s a part of our faith journey to have times, sometimes long seasons where we’re not fully understanding what God is saying. May hope overflow and clarity increase as you continue to wait on Him.

4. Jinka Julius

Hello Helen, I am so grateful for having you in my life. Everything about me is now upgraded because of those powerful inside you kept giving me.
    I am here to say a big THANK YOU. Blessings

5. Sylvia

Ambassador Woman of God! Helen Calder.. I’ve been having dreams well I called them visions lately. & Truly not understanding them. But here is a lil bit of my story. I’m currently HOMELESS! ME & SEEDS ( CHILDREN’S/GRAND) WHY!? is that it’s been since 2013? I’m so mad bc I thought I seen in vision a Home? Just don’t know where or address I’ve seen a vehicle? And much to my surprise I haven’t received what I seen! Now I took it as Father God! Was saying I’m getting those things ? But hmm. Maybe it means something else or it’s for another! Who? But I’m not working was attacked on job in 2015 and been off since 2016! I’ve slept in my wrecked up car shelters motels when I could pay until my account deployed! Out. Why and what could be intimacy that Father God is saying. Bc it hasn’t felt good body hurts & painful in every stich of my body stays in pain to walk move? I have thyroid and lossing my hair daily ugh? Nails and I’ve gain so much weight! From this I’m extremely tired all day long! I ask am I being punished!! Father God! Bc this has been unbelievable and unbearable to me! My Oldest Ambassador Daughter is out their on ? Only Father God knows what I’ve prayed for deliverance? Nothing then my Ambassador Son whom name came out from Bible Father God said is a King& Pastor? He isn’t healed or been deliverance? So I haven’t! And I have my oldest Ambassador Grandson! Whom is considered intellectual individual ( special needs) and I keep asking for him to be? I’m 53yrs daughter 35yrs Son 21yrs Grandson 15yrs! What is this I want to work just not doing what I was b4 CNA which I keep getting attacks on jobs ? Now I applied for Disability Social security was turned down. So I took it as Father God was saying I’m not? But I keep seeing a Big house and my children’s faces so I thought it meant we would be Delivered and Healed! Thee other day. My oldest Brother came in Vision! And we was talking as if He was still here! & He said it’s a test I know it’s harder? But your going get thee House? Hmm he showed me a Home! Where don’t know? I’m in Texas now! My brother passed away when I was 18yrs age. He has never came and held a conversation with me before! So I said Father God what is this? But I’m tired of not having a car a career job! Or a place to live of my own! In 2013 we gotten kicked out our apartment bc my son( seed)at thee time was doing so much stuff! But it’s 2018! I’m like why so long really things been torn messed up since 2009! And still I’m still going thru daily I’ve never gotten Breakthrough’s! So hmm what is this Ambassador Helen Calder! Thanks for allowing me to vent a lil bit of my pains hurts disappointments and much more… Enjoy your blessings! I wonder at times if it is Really A Heavenly Father God Yeshua bc this isn’t a good feeling or times! Plus I can’t stand to see other’s homeless or go thru that I can’t help out!

1. Staci

Sylvia,

You said that your brother, who passed away at 18, came and visited you and talked with you. The Bible says that we are not supposed to talk to the dead. God would not send your deceased brother to talk to you. I would seriously pray about this and ask God to cause that spirit to leave or, if God presses upon you to do so, rebuke the spirit in Jesus name and plead the blood over yourself.

Please check out Deuteronomy 18:10-13 , which says not to speak to the dead (necromancy) and 1 John 4: 1, which says not to believe every sprit but to test them to know if they are from God. (as per the testing maybe Helen could clarify about that).

God bless you!

6. Mulugeta

Just i wanba saythank you for being with me in this divine journey and for showing my future clearly.
    Mulugeta

7. Rita S.

God has used your words so many times in the past and I have often considered writing to tell you so. It seems that your posts speak exactly as confirmation to what God is speaking and they have truly been such a blessing. I just wanted to let you know and to say thank-you. Kind Regards, Rita S.

8. Ebirim

I have been having dream where after praying I will dream where a face in my family will fall down and will be begging me not to kill her that I have killed so many people. And I also will dream or have a trance where a man told me that I eat too much for that am a thief. And sometimes I have dream and it came to pass in the physical world. My dearest dream is for god to pour his sport on me.

9. Justene

Thanks very much, so grateful.
    But I have this problem. How to distinguish between God’ voice and other voices, it’s really a serious problem because I hear voice always

10. Amanda

I had a dream in which somebody told me that my son is gay,my only child and he later confirmed it but later I had another dream where he was having 3 kids .This worries me a lot.What I would like to understand is; was I being told in the second dream that I shouldn’t worry everything will be normal or what ?

Hi Amanda, bear in mind that while an occasional dream may be literal, they are usually symbolic. Be encouraged, pray and watch what God unfolds.

11. Chidimma

Thank you prophetess, you are God sent. Actually battling with my spiritual life, I can’t understand, sometimes I began to ask questions whether God has turned his back on me. If I want to inquire from God abt some certain things there will be no reply, my dreams are discouraging me, sometimes became confused.

12. Ji

Hi Helen!

Thank you for this insight! I have just started thinking about all the amazing things that God is working on and will be doing in my life after I encountered the Isaiah 43:19 verse three times from three different sources in 4 days. I am going through my first season of wilderness (no job, broken marriage) but God is giving me hope through that verse! I have been asking God if He can claify the message. Not entirely sure what His plans are yet, but as you said while I am wondering, He is working!! All glory to God who wants to give me hope and a future! (Jeremiah 29:11)

13. Mucha

Yes, I had a fleeting vision in a dream last week and I thought and wondered what that was all about. I will keep praying for revelation or more information. Thank you. The word was on time.

14. Yolanda

Hi Sister Helen,
    I have been following you for about five months now. And recently I ask God to reveal what’s going on with what he had PROMISE me and another person I’m to do ministry with. I ask God this question because i am absolutely sure it’s my season to go forth with this person in ministry but God had become very silent and the person I’m to do ministry with seems like there procrastinating. So recently God gives me this vision of me and thee other person in my home together, that person was sweeping while I was washing dishes, and that was it. So I had been wondering what was God revealing to me. I know it’s not anything bad because sweeping in the bible to me always represented out with the old and in with the new, new blessings that is. I was just wondering why the cleaning happened in my home. Then i received this email from you Sister Helen titled, While you are wondering I am working. God is extremely good to me he sent this word through you Sister Helen to tell me to relax, and stop wondering why he revealed the vision taking place in my home. He wants me to know whatever it is, he’s working everything out for my good. Sister Helen he gave insight through you that what he has started he will finish.
    GOD BLESS You Sister Helen.

15. Cynthia Johnson

Thanks for this timely word. Woman of God. I’ve been having some confusing dreams also. God will reveal in His timing.

16. Jimmy

Hellen,
    All the questions I’ve been asking about the prophetic have been answered. I’m greatly helped.
    However, it’s been hard to fast each time the Lord instructs me.
    What can I do to break that limit?
    Also how can I unlock visions, dreams, and the gift of discerning of spirits? Thanks.

17. Felicia

I appreciate you emails and I’m learning more about my own prophetic gift. I pray you continue to be blessing to God people and that the good Lord renew your strength. While reading this email it bared witness to a dream God gave me the other night

18. Molins

Greetings in the name of Jesus to you. Thank you so much for your guidance through the Holy Spirit, I always eager to see that your email is there in my mail box or not because I have always hope from Jesus that what next He is going to speak through you, for you I give thanks to the Lord Almighty Jesus Christ.
    Please keep me in prayers.
    God bless you and your ministry.

19. Gee

Just seeing your message today. I’ve been searching for answers, this is it. I’ve been wondering for a while BUT I know God is in control just never knew He would lead as He has been leading me. Thank you.