While You are Waiting, God is Working + Declaration

While you are waitingA few days ago, I was standing in a long queue at an airport in New Zealand.
My passport was rejected by the computer system, the Australian border was closed, and I didn’t know whether I was going to get back home to my family or not—except, for trusting in God.

• That the miracle He had started, he would complete

My iPad had some battery charge left, so I opened my Strong’s concordance App. When you hold your finger down on the word, a pop-up box appears, that gives insights into the meaning of the Hebrew word.

There I was, looking at Psalm 91, standing in a check-in queue, utterly exhausted.

“He who dwells in the shelter of the most high shall abide in the shadow of the Almighty.” (Ps 91:1)

I selected the word “dwells”.
What immediately struck me, is that it also means to sit down. To be seated.

The image I had in that moment, was of sitting in a strong, rocky place, under a ledge.
In a storm, with a battle all around.
I was aware of vibrant green moss, that clung to the rock around me.

You Have a Hiding Place

In that moment at the airport, that single word, “dwells” , or “sits” confounded me, because of its simplicity.

You may be in this very situation right now.
It may be a time when you’ve got nothing left, and it feels like there’s nothing you can do.
You’ve run out, and all you can do is trust.

Everything may be roaring around you, and the enemy may be coming at you full force.
But there is a hiding place.

A Message: You Will Flourish in the Trial

“I was aware of vibrant green moss, that clung to the rock around me.”

I didn’t pay attention to the detail of the moss, until I began to write this post—and I believe this is a word for someone reading this:

“Beloved, see how the moss flourishes, as it clings to the rock it grows from.
I am with you, and my mercy is abundant towards you.
In the hard place; in the time of trouble, this is your time to shine and grow richly.
Simply by clinging to me, by leaning upon Me,  your life is a testimony to many.
And those who have said, “It is impossible to flourish under such circumstances” will be amazed by you.
Know that in Me, you are unshakeable”, says the Lord.

Watch as God Moves on Your Behalf

Your Father wants you to know that you may have run out of answers, but He is never out of options.

He says, “Beloved, sit. Dwell.”

What does this mean? He is talking about having an attitude of trust. Of dependency. Hear God say,
“While you are waiting, I am working.
While you are trusting, I am moving.”

“This is your gift from Me.
Child, be seated, and watch as I move on your behalf.”

Hi from Isolation in Australia 🙂

P.S. Yes, I did make it home and am currently on day 4 of a 14 day self-isolation period, in Melbourne, Australia.
Right now, I’m praying for you, wherever you are in the world; receive courage and peace, my friend.
You are not alone.

Leave a Comment:

Are you in isolation, lockdown or quarantine also? Let us know how you’re going. Share your experiences and prayer requests, and I’d love to hear what Scriptures you’re meditating on.

Declaration from Psalm 91

(Based on Psalm 91:1-6, 9-16, NKJV)

“I dwell in the secret place of the Most High and I abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
I say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress; my God, in Him I trust!”
Surely He is delivering me from the snare of the fowler and from the perilous pestilence.
He covers me with His feathers and under His wings I take refuge.
His truth is my shield and buckler.
I am not afraid of the terror by night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor the destruction that lays waste at noon day.

Because I have made the Lord, who is my refuge, even the Most High, my dwelling place, no evil shall befall me, nor shall any plague come near my dwelling!
For He gives His angels charge over me, to keep me in all my ways. In their hands they bear me up, lest I dash my foot against a stone.

I tread upon the lion and the cobra, the young lion and the serpent (every demonic power [2] ), I trample underfoot.
Because I have set my love upon God, He delivers me. He sets me on high, because I have known His name.
I call upon God, and He answers me; He is with me in trouble; He delivers me and honors me.
With long life, He satisfies me, and shows me His salvation.”

Print or Download a PDF of the Psalm 91 Declaration

Psalm 91 DeclarationTo view, print or download a PDF of the Psalm 91 Declaration for your personal use, click here.

Alternatively, click on the thumbnail image.

[1] Strong’s H3427
[2] See Luke 10:19

See Related Post: God Says, “While You Are Wondering, I am Working”

Spiritual Warfare Online Course:

More than ever, we need the Holy Spirit to stir faith within us!
I’ve just enabled a 50% discount (to end of April) to enable more people to join me on my online course, ‘Spiritual Warfare 101: How to Identify and Overcome Spiritual Attack’

• Are you interested in an approach to spiritual warfare that always leads you back to an attitude of worship?
  • Would you like practical and actionable steps to combat spiritual warfare?
  • Would you like Biblical tools to help yourself and others identify and overturn spiritual attack?
  • Have you experienced oppression or pressure that you believe is from a spiritual source?

If your answer is ‘yes’ to any of the above, and you’d like a faith-based approach to spiritual warfare that is focused more on worship and God’s supremacy than on the demonic realm, this course is for you.

This course includes around 30 mini lectures on video, and is full of Biblical wisdom and faith-filled strategies to help you overcome in time of battle.

Use the course discussion board to ask questions and share stories.

There is also a downloadable full transcript in PDF version.
Once you’re in the course, there is no expiry date.

Find out more about the course, ‘Spiritual Warfare 101: How to Identify and Overcome Spiritual Attack’ here. Scroll down to see the complete list of lessons and PDFs.

© 2020 Helen Calder Enliven Blog – Prophetic Teaching

69 thoughts on “While You are Waiting, God is Working + Declaration

1. Patricia Howitt

Thank you so much for this post, Helen: I believe that the Lord will work mightily in people’s lives during this crisis. Having to stay home may be hard for some, but here at last is an enforced respite from the unending rush-rush pressures put on folk by the enemy. I am sure the Lord will make use of this to turn people’s thoughts and hearts back to Him, and those things that are really important (“where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” Matt 6:21) .

As a retiree, living alone with a 10 acre block to manage, being by myself is no hardship. But NZ is moving into lockdown at 11.59pm tonight, and I broke ‘the rules’ and went out this morning getting supplies for myself, my flock of rare breeds sheep, my chickens and my cat (sounds crazy, but they are my family). Shelves are emptying everywhere (including the stock feed stores: we have drought up here in the Far North), yet somehow I managed to buy enough to carry on with. I keep thinking of Joseph’s words in Genesis 50:20: “As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today.” I’m thinking of course of ‘alive’ primarily in the spiritual sense: we none of us know what the future holds.

This post is a wonderful reminder to press into the Lord, and have no fear. Personally, dealing with anxiety about shortage over the next 4 weeks is going to be a wonderful exercise in FAITH!
    Bless you!
    Patricia

Hi Patricia, What a blessing your animal family is and I pray you continue experience supernatural supply for each one. Yes what an exercise in faith and the wind and the waves are sometimes as much internal as external.
      We are Kiwis and have close family in New Zealand. I returned from there on Friday night, it was a miracle trip…you are all close to my heart.

2. Nicola

Greetings Enliven,
    Thank you for delivering the word of God makes me know he is close by. Indeed we serve a great, wise and awesome God. He knows our needs but tell us to come to him for our daily bread, which will fill our hunger and thirsty spirit and strengthen us for the journey and challenges that lies ahead, glory to the Almighty God our Father , savior and soon coming King. Hallelujah to the lamb of God forever more.

Shalom

3. Abi Assefa

I am reading this from USA Maryland . Locked for five days now however I use the time to talk to the father(God) and to update my self. I should tell you that I just start reading one of your book the title is “Unlocking the Gift of Discernment”.
    Most of the time your blog posts are associate with my situations so I am very excited whenever I see a new post from you.
    I need to encourage you to carry on the good fight and Empower God children .
    God bless you more

Hi Abi, thank you! I’m glad the book on discernment as being an encouragement to you. It is certainly a gift for such a time as this!

2. Tracy

Praise Jesus,
      We bless the Lord for the prophetic word he has used you to share.
      The word of God is spirit and life and in this season Jesus says “be still and know that iam God, I will be exalted among the nation’s I will be exalted in the earth” Psalms 46:10. The song still by Hillsong has been ringing in my head all morning as I was in my closet time with Jesus and it has ministered power, trust in the Lord and is connected to Psalms 46:10.
      Also numbers 21: 4-9 teaches about Israelites being in the wilderness as they journeyed to the promised Land began complaining with unbelief of God’s deliverance, they were attacked and beaten by snakes and cried out to Moses, Moses called into the Lord and he told him to make a bronze serpent and lift it up for all afflicted to see and receive healing.
      John 3:14-15 says “and Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the son of man be lifted up that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.”
      We are praying for you and your family and the whole world in this season that Jesus has complete control over.
      In Jesus mighty name we pray and believe.
      AMEN

4. Joy

AWWWW THANKS SO MUCH!!!! I read your emails daily. God words always touches and speak to me. Psalms 91 is definitely one of my fav. And yes I’m on lockdown but, I’ve been seeking God and worship GOD IS AMAZING AND UNDESCRIBABLE GOD BLESS LOVE

5. Adelinah

Hi

woman of God yesterday I was so worried about the lockdown but after reading the book of Isaiah 26:20 which says go, my people, enter your rooms and shut the doors behind you ,hide yourselves for a little while until his wrath has passed by . So Saints it is time to go and seek the face of the Lord by prayer and fasting for this period of locking down.

6. Douglas DeBellevue

HalleluJah.. Praise The Lord Jesus Christ for His exceeding great and precious promises…! God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
    Psa 46:2 Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
    Psa 46:3 Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.
    We, as His children are hidden in the hollow of His hand..!! 🙂

7. Alex

Thank you so much for the wonderful message and the assurance we have in our Lord Jesus. This too shall pass in the mighty name of our Lord. I do believe that the Lord will work mightily in people’s lives during this crisis.
    We are in Riyadh and the cases are increasing daily. the country is almost locked down and the Govt is doing great things. Please uphold this country and peoples in your prayers. May God bless and keep you safe.

8. Elle

I just want to thank you for all your words of encouragement all these past months. Your words have been timely and have encouraged me as I wait on Jesus. Life has been full of challenges. Thank you also for teaching me more about the gift of prophecy. My husband and I are waiting on the Lord for the fulfillment of His promise that he gave us in the summer of 2007.

“In the waiting/ The same God who’s never late/ Is working all things out/ You’re working all things out”… (from the song “Yes I Will” by Vertical Worship)

Staying at home and social distancing has been mandated here. I have kids aged 15, 13, 8 and 6 ½. Lately, some days are more challenging than others as we all stay inside a small apartment for most of the day. It’s been busy and chaotic a lot of times. My husband has also started working from home starting on Monday since there was a mandate from our government to close all non-essential businesses. It’s been more challenging for my oldest son and my youngest daughter who get a bit naughty at times when they get bored.

Please pray that each member of our family will draw near to Jesus during this time and that we will not get distracted by the unimportant things. May we all enjoy this (forced) Sabbath and extended family time. Please pray for strength, resilience, extra grace and peace for my husband and me as we take care of our family and for the kids, to all live at peace with each other.

“Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers” – 3 John 2

Much thanks,

9. Naomi Testimony

I have already printed my Psalm 91 declaration and it is on my desk where can see it every day. Thank you Helen.
    I am in Kenya and we are trusting God for a turn around of things. I choose to focus on Him as Jehoshaphat said in 2 Chronicles 20:12b…”We do not know what to do but our eyes are on You.”
    I believe that we will flourish in the trial.

He is Lord, He is Lord
    He has risen from the dead He is Lord.
    Every knee shall bow, every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

My heart is filled with worship to the Creator of the Universe; our Maker.

10. Chalet Johnson

Hi Helen. Chalet’ from Florida. Friday we will be going a nightly curfew. Social distancing is in full effect. Since I have been receiving your emails and meditating on information from your courses my life has taken a tremendous turn! It’s as if the heavens opened and smiled upon me. I have SO much to share however the scripture I’m meditating on is Psalm 18:2. The Lord is my Rock, my Deliverer; my God, my keen and firm Strength in Whom I will trust and take refuge, my Shield, and the Horn of my salvation, my High Tower.
    Like the green moss that clings to the rock so shall I all the days of my life.