Prophetic Word: God’s Power is Over You

42 Comments on Prophetic Word: God’s Power is Over You

There is a word of life going out!
The Holy Spirit is breathing resurrection power into God’s people.

If this causes your heart to lift, hear your Father say, “I am turning your limitations into expectations!”

That which has tried to restrict you, will no longer have power over you.

You realize instead, that God’s power is overshadowing you.

The One God Helps

Your Weakness is the Resting Place of God's PowerJesus stands outside of the tomb of His friend Lazarus.
He weeps, and then, looking up, prays to His Father.
Then, He cries out in a loud voice, “Lazarus come out!” (John 11:41-43)

Lazarus’ name means, “whom God helps” (Strong’s G2976).

Today, know that you are the one God helps!
Your life is filled with purpose, far beyond that which you can see.
As Lazarus did, you are rising, and your life will be a sign, seen by many—giving glory to Jesus.

“He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear the Lord and put their trust in him.”
(Psalm 40:2-3 NIV)

“Beloved, Come Forth!”

Jesus stands outside our hiding places, our enclosed spaces of limitation and loss. And He declares, “I am the Author of life. I am the Resurrection and the Life.”

Now, the One who is life speaks.
Jesus calls you by name.
Today, hear His cry, issued forth from his Throne. “Beloved, come forth!”

“I am here—right now—to give you life!”
Now, at His word, God’s power is released.

That which tried to hold you back, is powerless against your Deliverer, Jesus.

“He sent from above, He took me; He drew me out of many waters.” (Psalm 18:16, NKJV)

The Landing Strip of Grace

Know that your limitations are not a contradiction to the call of God. Your personal weakness is not the cancellation of grace; it is the landing strip of grace.

In fact, the Bible says that your weakness is the resting place of God’s power.
God’s power is overshadowing you!

“But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.” (2 Corinthians 12:9 NIV)

So if today, you feel as though you are without options—as though you have been left out, shut in, or closed off in some way—your Help is here.

You are not without options.
Sin doesn’t disqualify you, when the blood of Jesus covers you.

The story of Lazarus can be your testimony too.
You are the one God helps.

The Truth that Sets You Free

In the chapter immediately preceding Lazarus’ story, Jesus says, “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.” (John 10:10 NKJV)

“…to steal, and to kill, and to destroy.”
It’s the clue to a pattern—the enemy repeatedly tells us, that our weakness will lead to the death of something. He whispers:
That project—you won’t finish it.
That ministry, that relationship (or something else)—it won’t last.
That calling won’t come to pass.

But Jesus says, “I have come to give you life and life abundantly.”
Hear Him declare over you, “I am the resurrection and the life.”

The Spirit who is in you, is greater than that which has tried to stifle you.

This is the truth that sets you free.
Those old grave clothes, those limitations, are being loosed off you.

The Dawning in Your Heart

A new realization of God’s personal love for you is dawning in your heart.
For in the story of Lazarus, you are looking into the mirror of God’s Word.
Suddenly, you see it—that you are the one God helps.

“Now when He had said these things, He cried with a loud voice, “Lazarus, come forth!” And he who had died came out bound hand and foot with graveclothes, and his face was wrapped with a cloth. Jesus said to them, “Loose him, and let him go.” (John 11:43-44, NKJV)

Related Posts:

8 Keys to Breaking Free from the Python Spirit

Is there a situation this word is speaking into, or a testimony you’d like to share?
I’d love to hear from you. Share with us in the comments box to share with us, or follow and join the conversation on our Facebook page, Twitter, or the Enliven Blog Instagram account to share it with us.

Spiritual Warfare Online Course:

“Because of early traumas I had with the demonic realm, there was once a distortion in my thinking.

Now, I am grateful for those who have instilled the truth of God’s Word into my life; a truth that has set me free, and given me a different perspective.
And whether or not you can relate to my experiences, I can tell you that you do not have to put up with demonic pressure, however it comes. You are not helpless, you are not a victim, but you are more than a Conqueror in Christ.”
The article found in Enliven Blog, ‘8 Keys to Breaking Free from a Python Spirit’ is an excerpt from my online course, ‘Spiritual Warfare: How to Identify and Overcome Spiritual Attack’.

This course includes around 30 mini-lectures on video, and is full of Biblical wisdom and faith-filled strategies to help you overcome in time of oppression or spiritual battle.

If you prefer a faith-based approach to spiritual warfare that is focused more on God’s supremacy than on the demonic realm, this course is for you.

I give you clear guidelines and step by step points on how to recognize and combat spiritual attack. There is also a downloadable full transcript in PDF version.

Find out more about the course, ‘Spiritual Warfare: How to Identify and Overcome Spiritual Attack’ here.
Alternatively, you can view all online courses here.

© 2020 Helen Calder   Enliven Blog
Enliven Ministries: in the David McCracken Ministries family

42 thoughts on “Prophetic Word: God’s Power is Over You

1. Mariela Whyte

Helen, last weekend I read your book Prophetic People in a Changing Church. I’ve been reading your books and material for years and I still marvel at the impact that your journey to learn submission to the church leadership and guidance has had in my life. I needed guidance about the gift of discernment of spirits, I was so lost and confused when I found your website! I found what I needed, and yet, what you teach in that book has been a solid foundation to it all. I knew some of the story through other postings, but not all the details until now. I believe that your sharing of that painful story is a prime example of today’s message: “God’s power is made perfect in our weakness”.
    Honestly, I think the name of the book may accidentally conceal the richness of what can be learned from it.
    Thank you for your faithful service to the Lord, may He richly bless you, your family and ministry. Mariela

Thank you Mariela, I’m so blessed to hear that, and you’ve brought up an important point, I’d love to refresh and retitle the book, but not sure how to proceed, so any suggestions (and prayer) are welcome!

2. Zoleka

Thank you Helen, I had a grave feeling, I have been feeling like I am bound hands and feet. Hope has just been pumped back to my heart again as I was reading this post. Thank you so much, I really needed this, may God bless you and continue to use you in touching more lives, in Christ Jesus.

Oh, that’s so good, Zoleka, you’re free! We declare together, you are unbound and free to take steps forward, in Jesus’ Name!

3. Jahfas Victor Ahua

Goodevening Helen, You are such a gift to the body of Christ. The exact day this word came to me was the day I was being taught by the Holy Ghost 2 Cor..12:8-10. This is timely and a word for me!. God bless you more

That’s so awesome, Jahfas, I love the ways the Holy Spirit moves like that.
      Psalm 107:20 ‘He sent His word and healed them’

4. Andre Rose

Wow Praise The name of The LORD! Thank you sister Helen for another timely message. I’ve been going through so much healthwise and so much pain that it has impacted me physically, mentally and emotionally. I have felt often alone during this season of trial due to lack of understanding from others. But i know that the truth is, i am not alone..The LORD is truly with me, He promised that He would never leave me or forsake me. The LORD is truly my strength in my weakness…all i can do is cry out to Him most days…And His Grace really does get me through. This message was very encouraging for me to read. I may be going through the valley of the shadow of death, but i am still on the path of righteousness for His name sake…I believe that The LORD will get all the glory out of what I’m personally going through…That’s all that matters to me. Thank you and GOD Bless you always Helen.

5. Moipone

Hello Helen,
    Lately I have been struggling with keeping focus on my studies. I am busy trying to upgrade my Maths and Sciences for University entry. My exams are between May/June and I haven’t started with my preparations, I have been praying to God asking Him to help set my heart on fire and to stay motivated and I must say that after reading your email, I am full of hope that My God has heard my plea. These exams are very important for me. Passing them won’t only give me University entry but will be a testimony to my siblings that with God anything is possible. I know I am going to use the time left wisely and He will be there with as I get ready to nail them. Thank you Helen, this is revelation for me. I am looking forward to my exams……… Please also pray for me…. love you.

6. Mardun Godfrey

Good day Helen
    My name is Mardun and I am from Worcester in South Africa. Thank you for the prophetic words and your teaching on a number of topics.
    I want to tell you what happened to me the evening of 20 December 2019.
    As a born again believer I am not experienced as I am just saved for 5 and a bit years.
    Here is what happened.
    And this was not a DREAM!!!!!
    My wife had a girls night out and when I returned home after dropping her off, I decided to run a bath.
    As I waited for the tub to be filled I stood at my front door and looked out over our neighborhood.
    And as I stood there I noticed that something was flying towards me, and the closer it got I could make out that it was a bird of some sort.
    It was flying very low and when it was just about to fly over my house I saw that it was an owl…a WHITE OWL!!!!!
    Before it passed over my house it looked at me and flew over. I was in shock and at the same time afraid and excited.
    I googled “white owls” and if any white owls are found in South Africa. According to google no white owls are found in the Southern Hemisphere.
    Earlier that evening as my wife was getting ready I asked Pappa God for a word for 2020…and this just dropped in my spirit. Habakkuk 2 v2-3
    What is you take on this?
    God bless you.

7. jacob mponezya

Helen, I salute you in the name of Jesus Christ, thank you for your prayer to me and our Ministries, the Voice of God of Israel Ministries. I have to admit that we are now seeing God power outpouring when we ministered the sicks and those oppressed by devils. We thank you for your teaching materials and your blog posts We need to learn more about the gifts of discerning spirits, word of knowledge, wisdom and prophecy God bless you

8. INYA onyekachi modesta

Oh this is a timely word for me.I have been crying to God concerning my limitations , in achieving his plan for my life.this is a answer to my prayers. Thank you woman of god.which to apply for the online course…

9. Roland Marchman

Hi Helen when you get ready to share more on personal weakness please let me know because I will love to here more about it this has been working me thanks

10. Naomi Testimony

At His word, God’s power is released. That which tried to hold me back, is powerless against my Deliverer, Jesus.

Thank you for this timely word Helen Calder. Much more grace to you.