“Mowed Down” – A Season of Unusual Encounters with God

If you’ve been having some deep dealings with God recently, you are not alone! Right now, it is a season of unusual encounters with God for many of us. [1]
And if you can relate to that—or it stirs hunger in you—be encouraged by your Father today, to fully receive all He has intended for you.

“Mowed Down” by God

Prophetic Word, Mowed Down by GodThis past week, a quote from Smith Wigglesworth has kept returning to me:

“Before God could bring me to a place of power, He has broken me a thousand times. I have wept, I have groaned, I have travailed many a night until God broke me.
It seems to me that until God has mowed you down you never can have this long-suffering for others.
We can never have the gifts of healing and the working of miracles in continual operation until we stand in the divine power that God gives us, and we stand believing God, and having done all we still stand believing.”

Smith Wigglesworth [2]

The Spirit’s Call to Attention

When I first came across it, the phrase, “mowed you down” clanged in my mind. It sounded strange—awkward and archaic.

On one hand, “mowed down” is an expression of violence. On the other, it is reminiscent of a lawn-mower!

But this is not about a lawn-mower, not even a combine harvester—it is Almighty God coming to His people in an encounter.

And I believe in this short phrase, right now the Holy Spirit is saying, “Pay attention!”

Unusual Encounters

We’re in a season of unusual encounters with God, especially in relation to His destiny call on our lives.

• It’s a time when the Holy Spirit is bringing shifts and adjustments.

Jesus is offering us a new way of seeing, of living, of being more closely aligned to His heart.

For Smith Wigglesworth, the context of being “mowed down” by God was to do with his ministry of healing and miracles.

And what that mowing down will look like, is unique to all of us. It will be different according to the gifts and calling we each have.

Why God Comes to Refine Us

Why does God come at times, to crush, sift and refine us?

His supreme purpose is that of Divine passion.
Holy love.

• He longs for nothing to come between us

“Or do you think that the Scripture says in vain, “The Spirit who dwells in us yearns jealously?” (James 4:5, NKJV)

He also comes to rescue us from our pride, and to cut away our self-dependence, so that we rely on Him alone.

What God has for you to do, can only be accomplished in the power of His Holy Spirit.

God is preparing you, so that you in turn can mow down the works of darkness, and see a great harvest for God’s Kingdom.

From Shame to Glory

Being “mowed down” by God may include a call to repentance.
But it is not about us being left aware of ourselves and our shortcomings.
Instead, it is about us being left in awe of Him—and His Almighty Presence.

• Being mowed down by God is not about shame, but all about GLORY
  • It’s a move of the Spirit that doesn’t leave us in death, but lifts us into resurrection life

Being “mowed down” frees us to walk humbly, but boldly with our God.

Your Invitation to Join the Dance

Paul—then Saul—was mowed down by God when Jesus appeared to him on the road to Damascus.
That work was completed a few days later, when he was baptized in water and the Holy Spirit, and rose a new man. (Acts 9:1-19)

This is not a place or time to get stuck.
But to follow the convicting power of the Holy Spirit all the way through to your Father’s desired outcome.

Know this: The deep dealings of God in your life are good news!

This is God’s Heavenly invitation, to join the dance and reap the harvest with Him.

“Sow for yourselves righteousness;
Reap in mercy;
Break up your fallow ground,
For it is time to seek the Lord,
Till He comes and rains righteousness on you.” (Hosea 10:12, NKJV)

[1] I recount one of mine here: Novices in the New: God has a New Normal for You

[2] My source for this quote is a YouTube video by Robert Pears entitled, “Smith Wigglesworth On Being Mowed Down So God Can Use You”. Or you can find the full transcript of Wigglesworth’s original sermon here: http://smithwigglesworth.com/sermons/eif15.htm

Can you identify with being “mowed down by God”? I’d love to hear from you. Leave a note in the blog comments to share your experience or prayer request.

Prophetic School: Grow in Visions, Prophecy and More

• Could you benefit from teaching and practical steps to help you grow in prophecy?

The best mentoring and teaching I can give you is now rolled into this one place, on the Enliven School of Prophecy and Discernment.

I am making a discount of 25% available until 31st October (single time payment only)

Classes include: How to hear God’s voice , How to Begin and Grow in Prophecy, The Seer Gift: How to Grow in Pictures and Visions, Prophetic Discernment, Discernment and Prophetic Warnings and the Prophetic Guidance Master Class.

You can view and sign up to my self-paced video lecture series in the Enliven Prophetic School here. Choose between a small monthly subscription, or a one-off payment with no expiry date.

6 Benefits of Prophetic Prayer

This is my latest video uploaded to YouTube:

© 2019 Helen Calder Enliven Blog – Prophetic Teaching

62 thoughts on ““Mowed Down” – A Season of Unusual Encounters with God

1. Kathy Bruxvoort

Hi, Thank you for being spot on, I was just reminded the other day, stay aware!! When the Holy Spirit tells you something, be aware, you should listen. Holy then repeated himself, stay aware, you should pay particular attention. Then Holy shared a third time, be very, very aware!, you should really really pay attention and listen to what Holy Spirit is attempting to impart. I got those three messages with in a short amount of time and I was vigilantly aware of what I was seeing and hearing for weeks, until I could come into alignment and respond accordingly. This happened last spring and brought me great affirmation for my path.
    Just the other day I was told again, be aware, and it served me well as a reminder that God is about to show me something.

Thank you Kathy, and that is such an important word for us all, “stay aware!”
      May you continue to grow in sensitivity to Him.

1. vasso

Hi HELEN,
        WOWWWWWWWW , i’m reading this…crying,touched I’m blown everytime you send me a prophetic word,HELEN, it Is exactly what GOD is stirring me up for… more (confirmation after confirmatiopn ), I’ve been asking for more supernatural encounters with the LORD,the last weeks, i’m waiting with expectations & Daddy GOD’s perfect timing.
        thank you soooo much HELEN for encouraging us,the body of CHRIST, we need each other,the body of CHRIST and He is the head.
        May GOD use mightily for His awesome GLORYYYYYY,more blessings to you,ur family &ministry
        love in CHRIST.
        VASSO.

2. Minister Florence C. Johnson

Mrs. Calder:
    I have been following you for many years. I thank God for your ministry look for to your weekly prophetic word. I have been in a place of testing and trials for several years, it has had me on an emotional roller coaster. There have been times of wanting to give up…of course I don’t and cannot. It is not God’s will, I know this right well.
    I was in my storage today (I am currently without a permanent place to live, staying with relatives.) I found something I had written in 2014. “Satan is trying to keep you where you are because of the direct effect your anointing has and will have against him and his kingdom. You must daughter at all cost keep your temple wholly and holy unto me. I have not forgotten you, allow my anointing to flow through you.

Then I read your word today regarding being mowed down by God. It is your prophetic word and The Word, that has kept me focused and moving forward. I believe with all my heart I am moving into God’s next level for me. When I was laid off from my job earlier this year, I launched out into the deep and self-published my first fiction novel, it is due to come out in December. I see God’s hand in and through your ministry, that has kept me standing, believing, trusting looking to the author and finisher of my faith to take me through to the next level.

Thank you Mrs. Calder for your obedience, to the Lord’s calling, Respectfully, Minister Florence Johnson

I’m praying for you right now, Minister Florence. There is such immense power in your trust in Him.

3. Lianna

This word is timely for me
    “This is not a place or time to get stuck.” That really jumped out to me. For a long time I have felt God calling me to move to a certain city. The time of the move is coming much closer, and I’ve been doubting if I should go through with it, not feeling the consolation that I was feeling before. I know that I must hold on to what He has told me and walk in faith, in order that He may accomplish whatever He desires through this! Thank you for sharing.

4. carl frye

I love your site,and what you offer people to learn about prophetic ministry.I am physically disabled,but i can still learn..Do you have any free courses i can take.i wish i could take the pay ones,but living on disability is hard especially when your money does not go far.please email me any free courses,God bless you.!

5. Minnie Durham

Hello, this is a timely word. I am a student now being mowed down by God. I see him shaking everything and everyone away so he is the only one I depend on. I was laid off at the beginning of the year and have yet to find permanent employment. I began to worry because as humans we have natural obligations. But God is showing me how to trust him more than I ever have. This position is very uncomfortable for me
    because I am self dependent. God told me I would heal people too so Mr Smigglesworth’s words stirred me as well. I’m glad I opened this email as it is right on time for me to read. God bless you for your ministry.

Hi Minnie, I’m praying with you right now for the opportunities you need to open up, and God’s provision to manifest in your situation.

6. ANTONY SUNEEL

Dear Beloved Prophet of the Most High God, Helen Calder,
    Greetings In the Most Precious Name of our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ!
    I thank you for praying for me and bringing a powerful message/word of encouragement from the Holy Spirit. It is true that these days, God has stirred up my heart to seek His Presence more intimately like never before. Please do uphold me in your prayers continually.
    With Love & Faith which are in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    Antony Suneel

7. James

Peace and Goodwill
    I read. I understand. I agree. I am literally mowed down… my 3rd day suffering with no pulse, just a fibrillation. At 76 I am really and truly mowed down. I am indeed 76, but not ending up… starting out. And I don’t need the stars foretell, since my God foretold: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jerm 29:11. Thank you for caring. – James

James, I’m praying for you right now, and invite everyone reading this to join in too.
      Father, release your comforting and healing power and grace upon James right now. Thank you for his powerful testimony of commitment and love. Be his strength and be wisdom all around him. Manifest your life giving and resurrection power, we ask in Jesus’ Name

8. Tracy

Praise king Jesus Helen,
    I bless the Lord for using you mightily and your response to the call. I’m personally blessed by the message mowing down as it is happening in my ministry, finances, marriage,family. The holy spirit reminded me of the nature of a cockroach and snake in a certain season peels of the old skin and births to a new skin miraculously.there were times I could serve with alot of flesh and it was hard, Zechariah 4:6 says “not by might not by power but by the holy spirit.im anxiously waiting for the unusual encounters with the holy spirit in this season.

Blessings
    Tracy

9. Minnie Durham

Oh I apologize as I’ve misspelled Mr Smith Wigglesworth name in my comment. So sorry about that.
    Thanks

1. James

I just have to share this…
      The King is Coming
      “It will come about after this that I will pour out My Spirit on all mankind; And your sons and daughters will prophesy, Your old men will dream dreams, Your young men will see visions.” Joel 2:28-29
      I, as an old man of 76, dreamt recently that I was walking on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem (I last walked there in 1973 during the Yom Kippur War) when in the dream I picked up a silver coin. On its tail end stood “Nil 0 Value”
      I was stunned. Where in the history of the world did anyone ever strike a coin with Nil value? Even in days gone by the old quarter penny had a value.
      In the dream I showed the strange coin to The Jerusalem Post and the Times of Israel. They have never seen such a coin and had no explanation for it.
      Both newspapers took photos and published it together with a story asking its readers whether anyone could shed any light on the said coin.
      The only reply they got was from collectors making offers to purchase the coin for their collections. The last offer just before I woke up, was $200 million
      I did not want to sell the coin. To me it had some greater value.
      It was an End-time warning… “Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but He revealeth His secret unto his servants the prophets.” Amos 3:7
      The Lord has always warned the world of coming judgement… so Noah was warned of the coming flood: So God said to Noah, “I am going to put an end to all people, for the earth is filled with violence because of them. I am surely going to destroy both them and the earth.” Gen 6:13
      Abraham and Lot were warned about the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. (Gen 18:17; 19:14), Moses and the ten plagues (Ex 7:1), Amos and the fall of Syria, Philistia, Tirus, Ammon, Moab, Judah and Israel (Amos 1 & 2).
      In Ezekiel 7:3 the Lord says: “The end is now upon you, and I will unleash my anger against you. I will judge you according to your conduct and repay you for all your detestable practices.”
      Across the world, people’s trust in God has faded. Their trust is now in silver and gold.
      The coin with Nil Value is God’s message that time is up. We are in the last hour.
      “‘They will throw their silver into the streets, and their gold will be treated as a thing unclean. Their silver and gold will not be able to deliver them in the day of the LORD’s wrath. It will not satisfy their hunger or fill their stomachs, for it has caused them to stumble into sin” Ezek 7:19
      Why would so many collectors wanted to purchase the coin with Nil Value?
      “And I will give it into the hands of the strangers for a prey, and to the wicked of the earth for a spoil; and they shall pollute it. My face will I turn also from them, and they shall pollute my secret place: for the robbers shall enter into it, and defile it.” Ezek 7:21-22
      God allowed it. That which had become their idol, is now the well they are falling into.
      Even the leaders and the nations of the world will soon be helpless.
      The Lord said that before His return we would be living like in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah.
      There are wars in 69 countries of the world. All in all 824 armies and militant terrorist groups are involved. It is already by far worse compared to the days of Sodom and Gomorrah.
      Christians are being brutally persecuted in 50 countries. More than 29 million people mostly woman and children, have been abducted and sold as sex slaves across the world.
      Millions of people are fleeing across the world to what they hope will be places of safety and hopefully new beginnings.
      Israel is encircled by warring parties and anti-Semitism is on the increase.
      The dream that I had took place on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem, the city which is regarded by many as the barometer in End-time prophecies.
      We will soon experience a Great Awakening (Revival) as God’s people are gathering themselves together for the Rapture.
      The King is coming. Time is of the essence.

10. Emmanuel opade

Wonderful, piz keep me encouraged with the words of prophecy that comfort my soul.I love you all God bless you as you lead my ministry in to change in realities.

11. KAZIPINDE TEMBO

This word is speaking direct into my situation. I am really encouraged.
    My prayer request is that God direct me into His will and cause me to do what is His will

Yes amen to that Kazipinde, the greatest prayer and the one Jesus prayed, “Father not my will but yours”

12. Sheila Burton

Yes, I have been in the mowed down process for quite some time now. Also, I have been laid off from my and seeking employment for over a year! I received the word of the Lord, that increase was coming but I’m still waiting and praying for this to manifest. I have felt stuck and shamed not being able to contribute to the ministry or my home. I even felt as though God was allowing me to die in this situation. Thank you for sharing this News Letter, as it met me right where I am, being “Mowed Down by God”.

Hi Sheila, I’m praying with your right now for the employment you’re seeking and God’s courage and comfort being released to you, in Jesus’ Name

13. Sibongile

Wow! This is a word in season & I can relate to it in its entirety. I feel so mowed down and I had an encounter with the Lord this week.
    May God continue to use and bless you more and more in Jesus’ name.
    Shalom.

14. Naomi Testimony

So timely..it is time for divine shift. I agree with what God is doing in my life. I won’t miss it. I can’t resist it. I must NOT fight it. I am at peace and ready to receive from Him.
    God bless you mum. Long healthy life to you and your family.

15. Ruth J. Nyandoro

Yesterday I spend the day in my room, weeping throughout the day. I almost convinced myself that I was getting depressed. I was trying to study, I could not. What triggered this was a sister helping out in a financial situation I was so sure I should have been able to handle by myself. I felt shamed and I just broke off and began to ‘petition’ God for my breakthrough but my heart was broken. Needless to say, I did not study at all and I spend the whole day in great agony, the agony was so great it made no sense (still makes no sense). I later slept on Psalms 46 verse 10, in such spiritual agony and all I could hear my spirit say was ‘mandikuvadza’ (you have broken me). I woke up today, rethinking ‘the faith’, ‘the Kingdom’, relationship with God’ and told myself that from now onwards, I needed to drop this thing of hearing from God and use more of my common sense – it’s a battle. I know deep down, I do not want to be without God, but I am so broken inside I wonder and at the same time also have a strange knowledge that if God is going to make a vessel, this is the best place to be – a place where nothing depends on my abilities and goodness, but total brokenness in Him. Pray with me, pray for me and for my nation and that the Kingdom of God would come on earth as it is in Heaven. I have been contending a lot about that for my life and for my nation and yet today I feel undone…

16. Yolanda

Greetings Helen, since July 2019 I have had some very unusual encounters with God. And It felt very strange at first, but at the same time It felt like I was being refined. Believing that, I was doing good at the present time, in the sight of God, evil was present, and I thought, what is going on. Over and over again, I ask God, had I done anything to displease him. He said to me, no, just stand, this has to do with your destiny, and I am with you. I must admit, I had some frustrating moments, which caused me to stay in constant prayer, praise, and worship. During this time of refining /preparation, I seen God do the miraculous in my life, like never before, and He’s still doing it. And he has enhanced my spiritual gifts, and the best is yet to come, because he still has to reveal his glory through my God-given destiny and purpose for my life. So I continue to stand, and stay watchful through these unusual encounters with God knowing that, all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28
    God bless you Helen, and thank you for this on time prophecy.

17. Polly Sanford

I love this ministry! But several times when I thought about joining, the same scripture comes to me, I john 2:27 that says we need no man to teach us, but God’s Spirit will teach us. We should not rely on another man’s anointing but our own. Looking across biblical history, doesn’t our ignorance come from listening to the interpretations of the past, who (also) believed they were inspired by God in killing and oppressing?

Don’t we need to work out our own salvation and do the relational / scriptural exploration ourself thru the Spirit? This can be confusing – when prophets speak to God but cautions us to rely upon Him and maybe not the many ministries like this. Don’t mean to offend, please discuss further- thanks

18. Roland Marchman

I had a vision I was on a lawnmower with a apostle and a person I could not recognize had a book in his hand and I heard a voice saying be humble and in the vision I was drilling a screw and I said I got it in the vision and woke up

19. Noel

Thanks I am touched.it is just what I have been going through too.I have been having so many dreams about Jesus and the power that is in His mame

20. Work Kebede

When I read your messages, I sometimes think that you know what is going on in my mind because most of the time they are on target. This morning I ordered Smith Wigglesworth’s book “Healing”. It was only recently that I had heard about him. It is the first of his books that I have ordered. After I did that, I opened my email and there you are with your message quoting Wigglesworth. That is amazing. Thank you.

21. Daniel Macha

Wow….what a word of prophecy for us. Immediately i read this word i started shaking. This was confirmation if this word upon my life.
    This is my time. Thank you sister Helen.
    Plis pray for me as i’m waiting for my supernatural encounter with the Almighty God. Amen

22. Martha Smith

Yes! That’s true I felt something strange in me, something over powering, i felt overwhelmed because i know He is with me! Something about to break out! His purpose and plans are becoming real, i looked back, and saw His word and His encounters are becoming real like a puzzle! The realty of His word is like a puzzle if we don’t lose hope!
    In all these, i felt overwhelmed with His coming Glory that is about to be revealed. (“mowed down” “some more”) maybe is the right word; i felt unusual, overwhelmed. At the same time there i see some delays in twists and turns! That He may use it for His glory.
    Hellen! You’re a true vessel of God! He told you to sent to me a word of encouragement! I receive it! Its powerful prophetic, a word direct from Him through you to me! Its real! Lining up with the things that are happening to me right now, the delays in twists and turns.
    I think that you might have noticed something in me, I’ve not been responding to some of your messages sometimes, that because they are not for me, no, but instead they deeply lined up with where i am! And I’m just “mowed down!” overwhelmed. What impresses me is you continue to send the messages God gave you anyway. Your obedience is unique Helen!
    Please, continue to pray for me and my family. Until then i will keep testimonies for my mentors!

Thank you!
    Sincerely,
    Martha Smith
    [email protected]
    602-705-2178

23. Dominique Miantezila

Je suis un français d’origine africaine. Je vis en France depuis plus 45 ans. Je ne parle pas du tout anglais et ne le comprend pas. C’est mon ordinateur qui traduit tout.
    Depuis presque un an, je lis votre blog d’enseignements et de messages prophétiques.
    Je vous écris parce que je me suis identifié dans le message de l’article que vous venez de publier : ” Fauché ” Une saison de rencontres insolites avec Dieu.
    Tout ce que je vis actuellement va à contre temps ; le contraire de ce que j’espère. En lisant votre article j’ai commencé à comprendre. Mais être brisé n’est pas facile à vivre; je demande que la main de Dieu soit sur moi.
    Merci beaucoup pour ce message. Puisse le Seigneur vous inonder de plus en plus de sa présence.

24. Innocrnt

Helen, just pray for me to wait on God.Iam presently going through changes unknown to me.Just as you said ,may God’s mowing bring me Glory and Revelation knowledge of him ,in Jesus name -Amen!

25. Thokozani Mbowera

This is just amazingly prophetic. It’s right rocked up on what I am experiencing. God bless you the more for your amazing seasonal Word.

26. Kathy

Hello,
    Your prophecies always on time. Lately I have been asking God for an encounter with Him, I want to flow in His anointing, to walk with the Holy Spirit always, I feel very encouraged by this prophecy and I am waiting for my encounter with Jesus.

27. Jay

Thank you Helen for this wonderful message, it came at the right time,I am experiencing being mowed presently,it’s really a difficult time for me, I know God wants me to trust him more,he is really changing a lot of things in me, please pray with me even as I ask for strength and more trust in God.

28. Dennis

Dear Ms Calder, I have been receiving powerful messages from the Lord through your e-mails for some years now. I love reading them early morning at my office. I’ve even shared some of the messages to fellow Church members, here in Papua New Guinea. This Word is unique to me and is really for me. After a successful school life and into university, I worked as journalist for about 7 years. After that, I believe God ‘mowed me down’ for something greater later on. In fact, six weeks ago, after I shared at a Prayer Meeting at my local Church, which included the Word you shared at that time about receiving God’s presence as in the experience of Obed-Edom, that very night I received a message from a local newspaper company that I had a news reporter job and would start immediately. And so I am in that job right now and God is so good! God is doing great things through His servants here in PNG and as we are ‘resurrected’, we will fulfill His will for this nation. I thank God for your life and what He is doing through you. Every message from you that comes through my e-mail always makes my heart smile as it really brings out what I go through at that particular point in time. Glory to God in the highest!

29. Kathy

Beautiful !!! He desires close intimacy with us helping us grow in Him desiring us to choose Him. In laying down all that is not Him we become all that He wants us to be more than we could ever imagine. We have a wonderful adventure with the greatest love we will ever encounter. So much to be thankful for. Thank you Holy Spirit,

30. Malcolm Calder

I am completely challenged and stirred by this post Helen. It’s given me a deeper hunger to live in the “Encounter” and, be brave enough to say yes and accept all that God has for me and for us!!! Thank you so much!!!

31. Mildred Uwachi

Thank you for this message. Im also entangled between this situation when I’m seeking God. even at times, I doubt my self whether I’m in the right direction because I see nothing moving forward. I reply need this encouragement ane your prayer to make me persist. Also if I could get enough insight into your teaching in school, perhaps it would help to move on. but I do not have sound finance to do that.

32. Christina

Helen
    I am so thankful to God for using you in this season. Every message that you post comes to me at the right time. I have been going through a season which only God can take me out of. Its like a valley which I have always ask myself, “when will I come out of this”. Thank you so much for encouraging me.

33. Ansdreas Andoh

You always speak to me at the right time, God bless you.
    I am being mowed by God. But the journey is done

34. Kathy C

I couldn’t agree more!! I was just commenting with a fellow believer that I need to be careful what I ask for. I had been asking Father to give me His heart for people, to make me more compassionate, to see people the way He sees them and this past weekend I had to laugh because I forgot to include the words “gently and slowly please”. I have felt like He’s taken a meat tenderizers and pounded my heart with it. : ) but it is all good !!! He is so good!!

35. Felicitas Sibanda

thank you so much, its my word. i have been praying for a deeper fellowship with God, the manifestation of God’s presence in my life and in my ministry!!
    so expectant!!!

36. Arlene Ionie Fisher

I was mowed down several times, but the latest is when my husband died in 2017, was a sad moment, and the demons tried to destroy me on every side. I basically lost a lot of things.

But thanks be to God I’m here today more powerful than ever, ready to work for the Master than ever before. My mowing down is a blessings

37. Roland Marchman

Hi helen I had a prophetic vision I saw gaints knocking down electric poles and I move a big tree and a bishop gave me a wallet with money in it I believe that God creating jobs for his people want to no more about the vision