Prophetic Word: God is Using Delays for His Glory

Prophetic Word: God says, "I am using the Delays and Detours"I heard God say, “I am using detours and delays for My glory! I am in charge of twists and turns! I am working all things together for good.”

• Have you ever had a vision, or an assignment you believed was from God—but it didn’t go according to plan?

Sometimes, we envisage a direct path leading to God’s promise. But instead, for a time, we find ourselves headed in an unforeseen direction!
We may even be knocked back, slowed down, or sidelined for a season.

If you can relate to that, be encouraged, for your Heavenly Father knows the end from the beginning, and His timing is perfect.

Life may take twists and turns, but nothing comes as a surprise to God.

You Are His Arrow

As things slow down, we say, “Father, what is happening? I expected a quick outcome”.

When God gives us a promise, we imagine being propelled into its fulfillment, like an arrow released from a bow!
Yet, what often happens is this:

• We find ourselves moving at a slow pace
  • There may be complications, frustrations and delays
  • We are stalled in a waiting time we didn’t expect

But He says, “Beloved one, you are still My arrow.

Though you have been hidden for a season, you won’t miss your timing, or your target. For your trust is in Me—and you are in My hand.”

“Before I was born the Lord called me; from my mother’s womb he has spoken my name.
He made my mouth like a sharpened sword, in the shadow of his hand he hid me; he made me into a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver. He said to me, “You are my servant, Israel, in whom I will display my splendor.” (Isaiah 49:1-3, NIV)

The Paper Clip

This is the heart of God! He says, “I am turning the circumstances around, of those who have been turned-aside! The delay is subject to My design. You will see the greater glory!”

As I was praying about this, I was perceiving an arrow.
But it changed shape! It turned into a paper clip.
This was no ordinary paper clip, however. It was glorious—both silver and gold at once, as it moved in the light.

• That clip held documents: messages, handwritten by God

And I knew that mysteriously, the arrow and paper clip were one and the same.

Maybe that life-direction, which you thought would be straight as an arrow, has instead, taken twists and turns.

God says, “Beloved, you are My messenger!

Becoming God’s message is a journey.
Receiving the imprint of His Word, His heart, takes time.

• It is revealed through trials and testing
  • Through the twists and turns, it shines like gold

He says, “I have more to give you—greater things to entrust to you”.

“You show that you are a letter from Christ, delivered by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.” (2 Cor 3:3, AMP)

God Uses Detours and Delays

Sarah’s Promise

Sarah endured decades of barrenness, long journeys, and was taken into custody by foreign rulers who desired her beauty.
Both she and her husband Abraham made mistakes. But none of these halted God’s purpose, and Isaac—their son of destiny—was born in Sarah’s old age.

Joseph’s Destiny

No twist or turn—not even abuse, slavery, slander or imprisonment—could hold back the fulfillment of God’s destiny for Joseph’s life. What people meant for evil, God used for good.

Peter’s Leadership

Peter saw a straight line towards leadership. He was called, He was chosen, He was destined. But Jesus allowed a spiritual attack, that led to Peter’s denial of Him.

Jesus had the bigger picture in mind—His Father’s image of who Peter was becoming.

After those twists and turns, a humbler Peter emerged, who now had the character for God’s assignment.
Peter not only carried a message. He became that message.
God’s redeeming grace, was now his personal testimony.
And Peter was equipped to carry the spiritual authority God assigned to him, throughout the years ahead.

Your Father has not forgotten you.

And even when it seems the opposite of your destiny seems to be happening, He is faithful.
God’s promise to you holds power.
And He will use every detour and delay to fulfill his promise and bring Him glory.

Prophetic School: Grow in Visions, Prophecy and More

• Could you benefit from teaching and practical steps to help you grow in prophecy?

The best mentoring and teaching I can give you is now rolled into this one place, on the Enliven School of Prophecy and Discernment.

I am making a discount of 20% available until the end of October (single time payment only)

Classes include: How to hear God’s voice , How to Begin and Grow in Prophecy, The Seer Gift: How to Grow in Pictures and Visions, Prophetic Discernment, Discernment and Prophetic Warnings and the Prophetic Guidance Master Class.

You can view and sign up to my self-paced video lecture series in the Enliven Prophetic School here. Choose between a small monthly subscription, or a one-off payment with no expiry date.

Enliven Blog

Thank you to all my readers, for being a part of Enliven Blog’s journey.

We are a faith-based ministry, and it’s our delight to share the bulk of our teaching and training materials on the blog, free of charge.
However, the website and email list hosting costs us a significant amount each month. So, if you’ve been fed by Enliven Blog, I invite you to help us by making a donation. You can also choose to partner monthly with us!

You can find our donation page here.

© 2019 Helen Calder Enliven Blog – Prophetic Teaching

95 thoughts on “Prophetic Word: God is Using Delays for His Glory

1. Andre

Hi Helen!
    GOD Bless you! this message was right on time! I so needed to read this today. I have been feeling discouraged regarding health, and other situations that seem to be holding me back at times… during this wilderness season the spiritual attacks have been so intense where the enemy has been bombarding my mind, all i can do is cry out to The LORD! JESUS PLEASE HELP ME TO GET THROUGH THIS! So i am definitely encouraged by this message.

GOD BLESS

2. Zoe

This word came to me right when I needed it. It came with so much reassurance that God is still with me even in the midst of delays, praise God!!!

3. Leanne Bowie

The humble paperclip. Bent. You are very useful as you are.
    Prophecy and encouragement, linked like paperclips.
    Thankyou Helen.
    Leanne Bowie

4. Arnester White

Good Evening Helen,

This prophecy was on point and confirmation for me in regards to a conversation I had with God to the “T”.

And today during a luncheon I had with a friend about my first newly published book, A Call To Intercession: Praying for Others, the Time is Now, we shared some of the exact words in this prophecy that I related to what had been spoken to me. This has truly blessed me!

I hope you have a great weekend with family and friends.

5. Tracy

Praise king Jesus,
    May God increase and enlarge your territory as you minister to his people with power and grace.
    The word you have shared has given me strength to wait on the Lord and trust completely in him.
    Delays and detours have been in my life, ministry, family, marriage, finances and sometimes as flesh I could get weary of when change is happening.
    Thank you for the timely communication that brings encouragement, complete rest in God.
    I have been persecuted, hated, rejected and abused for following Jesus and I’m waiting for the new season he is ushering me into.
    Blessings Helen

6. Michael

I was pondering whether to give up taking the assignment God has shown me or not because of the delays and detours. I grateful for your word of encouragement. Please keep on praying for me.

7. Lesibana Jan Katjedi

This prophetic word found me in the midst of self-doubt. wondering whether or not I am really called. What an assurance that I am indeed His messenger. Thank you Father for this assurance I will hide it in my heart.

8. Thabang Dlaimini

when we don’t know God, we tend to think that prophecies like yours are a coincidence of life. But when we get to know Him, then we get to understand that He is speaking to us. What an exciting experience. All the Glory to the Almighty. As you, Helen, are the vessel of His Messages, may His blessings locate you in your lifetime. Amen

9. Stephanie Brock

Maybe that life-direction, which you thought would be straight as an arrow, has instead taken twists and turns. Just as a paper clip, with its particular shape, is designed to hold documents, your pathway is shaping you to carry a message.

God says, “Beloved, you are My messenger! While you see the mystery, I am seeing a vessel being prepared for my glory. For you are not only going to carry My message, you are becoming My message.”
    He says, “I have more to give you—greater things to entrust you with”.

I know this is a direct word from God, you have confirmed what has been spoken to me several times.
    I know that I am messenger, and the messages are getting stronger.

10. Nnamdi OKWUDIBA

I am up lifted by your message! I felt like you were talking to me personally. The Spirit of God is TOO MUCH

11. Mavis

This message has been so clear to me that I found myself shading tears none stop. I don’t know what to say,but i know God is speaking to me. The detours and delays I’ve been in,to me seemed like God has given up on me. I’m actually feeling like I’m just a disappointment to Him.

12. Elle

Thank you, Helen, for this encouraging and timely word. My husband and I have been waiting on the Lord–it hasn’t been an easy journey, it still isn’t easy. I wrote this poem in August about the waiting and the delays…..

Waiting

You– calling
    Us– Obeying,
    Leaving, Risking.
    The future not knowing,
    Loved ones criticizing
    Seemingly useless explaining
    The crazy decision-making

You, promising
    Us- believing
    Earthly treasure releasing
    Our lives to You entrusting

Now, years of waiting,
    Still struggling, weary & wondering,
    When is the promise coming?

Drowning, sinking
    Arms flailing
    Chaos surrounding

Barriers unmoving
    Resources dwindling
    Earthly possessions breaking

Bodies ailing
    Offsprings’ squabbling
    Situations discouraging

So overwhelming
    My heart breaking
    How long until your timing?

Depression overtaking
    Daily tasks–daunting
    Life still stinging
    So slow in healing,
    Tears overflowing
    My heart wondering–when is help coming?

Human hands are failing
    Frail and unredeeming
    For a bigger rescue–I’m longing
    Your supernatural saving
    Help me
    In believing, though not seeing
    That for the good You are working,
    And More like You, I’m becoming—
    Through the pain and the hurting

Help me in remembering:

Your strengthening, refining
    Healing, guiding and providing
    All the years of waiting

You are filling,
    my heart’s longing
    Though tears are flowing,
    I’m certain that joy is coming

Let my faith be unceasing
    My prayers unwavering
    May I continue praising
    Through every season, trusting.
    Even when there is nothing
    Even when, I’m still longing

Some days are trying. tiring
    Jesus,
    Renew my joy in waiting
    be my joy unfailing,
    my hope unending
    My strength, my all,
    As I look on You, waiting

13. Ric Taylor

Greetings Beloved. Hoping this finds You in Excellent Health, filled by HIS HOLY SPIRIT. This Message is Exactly what I needed to hear. GOD Bless You and This Ministry! Please, Keep Looking Up!

14. JOSEPH TAJEU KOISAMOU

Greetings to you Helen God bless you so much for the faith lifting message that has inspired me greatly.your message is timely word against self doubt & frustrations caused by delays.GOD bless you so much,

15. Anne Irvine

This was absolutely timely for me. I have been zipping along in my walk and, suddenly, I found myself saying, “What now?” It’s frustrating but I just keep telling myself to have faith and BELIEVE God still has something ahead for me. This message gave me confidence in my waiting period. Have a blessed ay!

16. Chane

I have been diagnosed wiith schizoaffective with psychosis with bipolar I am tried of living with this mental illness.

17. Molins

HI Helen,
    Glory to Jesus Christ. I give thanks to the Lord Jesus Christ for you because I know that God is talking to us through you that I am sure and He is sending His precious words through you that I strongly believe. Many things are very similar I am going through. I am worried how will I go in such tough and crooked path? I need your prayers I hope Lord will have mercy on me and help me in such difficult situations, when I red your letter I can see there is always hope in Jesus Christ.
    I am always very much thankful to Jesus that He has given His beautiful and powerful very true living words and you too.
    God bless you and your ministry, use you mightily for His glory and for His kingdom in Jesus mighty name I pray Amen.

18. Jessy Roque

I was just asking that same question to the Lord this morning. “Lord what is happening?”
    And this message which i read just now made me teary eyed. God is answering my questions, turning my worries into hope. Thank you Helen for this wonderful message from the Lord.
    All Glory to God!

19. Jeanette

Shalom!
    This prophecy is addressing my situation … Glory be unto God who answers prayers .
    Thank you Precious Child of God.