Prophetic Word: God is Using Delays for His Glory

Prophetic Word: God says, "I am using the Delays and Detours"I heard God say, “I am using detours and delays for My glory! I am in charge of twists and turns! I am working all things together for good.”

• Have you ever had a vision, or an assignment you believed was from God—but it didn’t go according to plan?

Sometimes, we envisage a direct path leading to God’s promise. But instead, for a time, we find ourselves headed in an unforeseen direction!
We may even be knocked back, slowed down, or sidelined for a season.

If you can relate to that, be encouraged, for your Heavenly Father knows the end from the beginning, and His timing is perfect.

Life may take twists and turns, but nothing comes as a surprise to God.

You Are His Arrow

As things slow down, we say, “Father, what is happening? I expected a quick outcome”.

When God gives us a promise, we imagine being propelled into its fulfillment, like an arrow released from a bow!
Yet, what often happens is this:

• We find ourselves moving at a slow pace
  • There may be complications, frustrations and delays
  • We are stalled in a waiting time we didn’t expect

But He says, “Beloved one, you are still My arrow.

Though you have been hidden for a season, you won’t miss your timing, or your target. For your trust is in Me—and you are in My hand.”

“Before I was born the Lord called me; from my mother’s womb he has spoken my name.
He made my mouth like a sharpened sword, in the shadow of his hand he hid me; he made me into a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver. He said to me, “You are my servant, Israel, in whom I will display my splendor.” (Isaiah 49:1-3, NIV)

The Paper Clip

This is the heart of God! He says, “I am turning the circumstances around, of those who have been turned-aside! The delay is subject to My design. You will see the greater glory!”

As I was praying about this, I was perceiving an arrow.
But it changed shape! It turned into a paper clip.
This was no ordinary paper clip, however. It was glorious—both silver and gold at once, as it moved in the light.

• That clip held documents: messages, handwritten by God

And I knew that mysteriously, the arrow and paper clip were one and the same.

Maybe that life-direction, which you thought would be straight as an arrow, has instead, taken twists and turns.

Just as a paper clip, with its particular shape, is designed to hold documents, your pathway is shaping you to carry a message.

God says, “Beloved, you are My messenger!

While you see the mystery, I am seeing a vessel being prepared for my glory. For you are not only going to carry My message, you are becoming My message.

Becoming God’s message is a journey.
Receiving the imprint of His Word, His heart, takes time.

• It is revealed through trials and testing
  • Through the twists and turns, it shines like gold

He says, “I have more to give you—greater things to entrust to you”.

“You show that you are a letter from Christ, delivered by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.” (2 Cor 3:3, AMP)

God Uses Detours and Delays

Sarah’s Promise

Sarah endured decades of barrenness, long journeys, and was taken into custody by foreign rulers who desired her beauty.
Both she and her husband Abraham made mistakes. But none of these halted God’s purpose, and Isaac—their son of destiny—was born in Sarah’s old age.

Joseph’s Destiny

No twist or turn—not even abuse, slavery, slander or imprisonment—could hold back the fulfillment of God’s destiny for Joseph’s life. What people meant for evil, God used for good.

Peter’s Leadership

Peter saw a straight line towards leadership. He was called, He was chosen, He was destined. But Jesus allowed a spiritual attack, that led to Peter’s denial of Him.

Jesus had the bigger picture in mind—His Father’s image of who Peter was becoming.

After those twists and turns, a humbler Peter emerged, who now had the character for God’s assignment.
Peter not only carried a message. He became that message.
God’s redeeming grace, was now his personal testimony.
And Peter was equipped to carry the spiritual authority God assigned to him, throughout the years ahead.

Your Father has not forgotten you.

And even when it seems the opposite of your destiny seems to be happening, He is faithful.
God’s promise to you holds power.
And He will use every detour and delay to fulfill his promise and bring Him glory.

Prophetic School: Grow in Visions, Prophecy and More

• Could you benefit from teaching and practical steps to help you grow in prophecy?

The best mentoring and teaching I can give you is now rolled into this one place, on the Enliven School of Prophecy and Discernment.

I am making a discount of 20% available until the end of October (single time payment only)

Classes include: How to hear God’s voice , How to Begin and Grow in Prophecy, The Seer Gift: How to Grow in Pictures and Visions, Prophetic Discernment, Discernment and Prophetic Warnings and the Prophetic Guidance Master Class.

You can view and sign up to my self-paced video lecture series in the Enliven Prophetic School here. Choose between a small monthly subscription, or a one-off payment with no expiry date.

Enliven Blog

Thank you to all my readers, for being a part of Enliven Blog’s journey.

We are a faith-based ministry, and it’s our delight to share the bulk of our teaching and training materials on the blog, free of charge.
However, the website and email list hosting costs us a significant amount each month. So, if you’ve been fed by Enliven Blog, I invite you to help us by making a donation. You can also choose to partner monthly with us!

You can find our donation page here.

© 2019 Helen Calder Enliven Blog – Prophetic Teaching

95 thoughts on “Prophetic Word: God is Using Delays for His Glory

1. Naomi Testimony

Helen Calder at it again by the power of the Holy Spirit. You always minister to me right on time. This gives me much strength to keep waiting, trusting and believing in God. Above all, I know that God is faithful. All glory to His name.
    God bless you mum.

Hi Naomi, He is faithful, He loves you and He has a plan. I’m praying for you to have a fresh encounter with His goodness today <3

2. Annette Kelley

As the tears stream down my face, all I can say is that there has never been a time when prophetic words from you were not accurate for that moment in my life. Each prophecy has given me strength and has brought peace to every situation and emotional feeling. I’m giving God praise. “Thank you Jesus!” Thank you for this powerful on time word Helen and your obedience to the Father. I don’t have any income to make a donation or sow into your ministry but I speak the blessings of the Lord in abundance over your life. God bless you!

He is so good, and thank you Annette <3
      I'm praying right now for you, that you be filled with hope to overflowing and will have a fresh anticipation of His goodness

3. Samuel Lawalata

I just want thank to you that through this massage I got a strengthen to continue to walk in His divine purpose. Jesus Christ bless you.

Thanks and thanks Elisha! I took out the question marks for you, WordPress hasn’t learned some of the emojis yet 🙂

4. Felecia M Johnson

This is an on time message just as the previous have been. I thank God for using you to encourage and uplift those that are in need. May God continue to richly bless.

5. Heather

Someone just spoke something similar over me last Sunday at homechurch! Wow, thank You Jesus! Like pulling back the arrow, and backing up to run up a steep mountain, set backs are just set ups! Thank you for well balanced teachings on the prophetic, it’s so refreshing!

6. David Burnet

Several years ago I was following what I expected to be God’s leading through a dream, towards a dream I believed he had given me. I invested in that dream-goal, following what I expected was God’s leading. Then the market crashed, it was 2008.

So I thought I had probably been mistaken. And maybe I was.

Today, seeing your message, I realized: maybe I did not make a mistake. Maybe there are simply delays before that community is built. And maybe I did make a mistake. I will ask for more clarity about this.

With your message, though, I realize: our Lord will use this all for his glory, however well or poorly I did. I will learn. I will follow better. I have been humbled and surprised. (And I have long wanted to be more like Joseph.)

God is good, and will use delays and changes of direction to instruct me, to help me become a bit more like Jesus. To learn to follow better. And I fully expect that other as yet unknown blessings will come out of this that will be very, very good to see.

May God be praised! In the morning. In certain times. In uncertainty. In clarity. In confusion. And I know that such situations for myself and for others God will use for greater good, glory, and blessings for many people – more than I have yet dared to believe in.

Whether my mistake turned to good or blessings he planned from the start – with delays and twists and turns – matters not. God is good. Blessings will come for many, and no matter how it turns out I will have been wonderfully blessed and led, regardless of how well I was doing or how poorly.

God is this good. Amazing. No wonder he is called Wonderful!

Thank you for your good message, Helen Calder. God is speaking to me through it. It is alive and Holy Spirit is guiding, and has comforted.

Hi David, I can identify with your story, as at times my husband and I have followed God’s leadings only to have an unexpected ending. Yet we have seen the resurrection and it brings Him glory. It’s an unfolding mystery, and I pray the seeds of faith and obedience you’ve sown will bring you encouragement and you will see those resurrection stirrings begin.

7. David Goodwin

What a timely word Helen. I know these things to be true, however at times my heart wonders and asks God, “How long Father. This was so encouraging for me to read for the times and challenges I have been in. My faith has certainly been growing. The father of lies loves to mock. Where is your God, where is His answer. I know my identity in Him and I know His word and promises are true. Proverbs 3:5-6; James 1:2-4

Hi David, amen to identity in Him! I am praying for you now, may you be strengthened even more in your confidence to walk boldly with God!

8. Liz

Dear sweet Sister thank you for delivering God’s message. Lord is taking me on a long journey\detour not to punish me because He loves me very much. It took me years to realize His goodness
    For 32 months I have been standing for marriage restoration. This year, had to settle my husband’s share of our home fell into debt. I was in the process of getting another loan to settle the existing loan. Lord said “No”. It is up for sale. Lord gave me strength to overcome my emotions. When Christians ask me where are you going to live, I respond “moving in w/my Covenant husband”. I do not know what, where and when but I know my God will get the glory. I will be His message to my unbelieving family. God bless

That’s a big journey to be on Liz, how comforting it is to know our loving Father God has His arms around us every step. He’s got you in His embrace.
      I’m praying for you now

9. Tova Mason

Shalom and Blessings Thank you for imparting the word of Yeshua ( Jesus Christ ) thru the Holy Spirit in my life : Agape

10. Tanisha

What a delightfully confirming post! I asked Abba Father to give me a business idea as timeless as the paper clip and her you post a different “dimension” of that prayer being answered. I appreciate your posts so very much

Wow as timeless as the paper clip! I love it!
      I pray you receive a Holy Spirit inspiration over that business idea, Tanisha! 🙂

11. Nakia

Helen! This is such an on time message. I truly needed this word of encouragement. Thank you for also being God’s messenger. ~Nakia

12. Maureen

Helen,would you pray for me for a peace of mind and clarity in my situation please? Im sleepless and restless and now your message just hits what im dealing with right now,i feel lost and confused and find it hard to pray as things just go the opposite direction of how i was expecting they would be.

1. Karen Stuckey

Lord we thank you for Maureen and we ask that your precious peace will comfort her and you will give her clear wisdom in her situation. May she know who she is in you and be confident in this. Amen

~Karen Stuckey
      Enliven Ministries Team

13. Joseph

Praise God for this word! Thank you for sharing. I’ve been deeply troubled lately, wondering why the delay. I feel encouraged by this. So timely. Many blessings

14. Timothy

Many times I have felt I was behind schedule in life. I have tried assessing my life and it is full if twists and turns. I don’t seem to make any headway but today I believe that God is with me and He’s got everything figured out for His own glory. I choose to trust Him all through.
    Thank you Helen. Keep doing what you are doing!

15. Rosemarie Lichti

I greatly needed this word today! It is the first time that I have read any of your prophetic words. Thank you for forwarding.

16. cyrus mutuku

What an accurate prophesy? It is only yesterday I was in despair and actually told God I am tired of delays. Helen, God bless you. Indeed, we are all one in Spirit. Thank you.

17. Joy Lucas

Thank you so much for allowing the Holy Spirit to speak through you Helen. I have being trying to sell my house and move for nearly 2 years as I believe the Lord is leading me on to a new place after losing my husband nearly 3 years ago. It has been very frustrating and depressing but every time I feel low the Lord so wonderfully picks me up again and your messages have been so encouraging.
    We are so privileged to have a precious Saviour who cares for us so much!

18. Felicia

Thank you woman of God,as I was reading this prophetic word tears are flowing this message speaks to me directly,I once had a vision and It was like its from God,dates signes,amount signed seeing dreams coming to life but all is delay in my life,please pray for me im emotionally hurt disturbed physically and spiritually down as I trusted a man of God who put my life to porverty,he came with a vision as if it was from God and I believed until I become destroyed by this vision,please pray for me I feel like God is far away from me.

1. Nakia

Hi Felicia! I can definitely relate to what you are going through. Satan always sends imitations or counterfeits of what God has for us. Be encouraged to know that you will get through this. You are not alone. This is a trial for many. You will be able to help someone else out in the future that will go through the very same thing. We actually just finished a book study called “The Sacred Search” by Gary Thomas. It helps to point out some things to look for in relationships. Things we may never even think of. Thanks for your transparency. It’s going to lead to your healing. I pray you get everything you lost back 7 fold. Beauty for ashes my sister. Take Care!

2. Karen Stuckey

Heavenly Father, Thank you for Felicia and for her heart for you. We pray for healing and renewing of her heart and her soul. Draw her close to you and be her guide. May she feel you near and hear your voice. Amen.

Karen Stuckey
      Enliven Ministries Team

19. Julie Thomas

Wow Helen thankyou for this timely word it describes everything that is going on right now.

I was literally feeling like my visions meant nothing and God totally forgot about me, this has really encouraged me.

God bless you and keep doing what you’re doing,you’re blessed to be a blessing??

20. Allan

Good morning South African Port Elizabeth time now is 09:40am my name is Allan Rudolph and i just want to comment that i have been watching and waiting and praying for a Word from my Father to what is currently happening in my life and walk with my Savior Jesus Christ and when i received your email post this morning i believe it was a Word from Him through the prophetic voice of you my sister in Christ and my spirit am so much encouraged amen…speaks directly into wherr im currently at with Abba…amen and amen.

21. OJC

Thank you so much ma.am truly bless with this.indeed it seem there is a kind of delayed,yet God has spoken through you to me.more Grace ma.

22. Jerome

Thanks Helen, this was quite timely and soul lifting. May the lord lift you up above every challenges and fill you with greater Grace.

23. Mashudu Bidzha

I need to convey my humble gratitude to you and Almighty God for your spirituality realm revelations about my Prophetic and Discernment God calling. You are highly spot on. Kindly please advise me on which Prophetic and Discernment course I should pursue for me to be greatly empowered with the proper and supplement spiritual divine knowledge apart from biblical one.

Kindly please forward me the Free Prophetic and Discernment electronic books if you have. I love reading and creativity writing flair is my passion and legacy manifested in the Bible scripture, 1 Corinicles 28:19 God Prophetic Revelation.

MY greatest appreciation,

Mashudu Bidzha

24. Christina

Helen, thank you so much for being used by God to send such a word of encouragement to you during this season. I have been asking God about the meaning of what my son is going through. My son applied for a permit to continue working in the US for two years. He received communication that the permit was granted, but did not receive the card. When he followed up he was told that the card was posted to him, but was returned to government offices for non delivery. Since then I have been praying for that card to be delivered, with no joy at all. I was beggining to lose hope and faith. Thank you so much for lifting me up again.

25. Steven

Thank you for that message my Sister, The job I had, all of a sudden came to a halt and in the very small town that I live here in Georgia there is nothing available, So I am trusting God the Father Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour to put me where he needs me..So please pray for me..Thank you again and God Bless…Steven

1. Karen Stuckey

Lord, you know the plan you have for Steven. We ask that you will guide him and lead him clearly. Give him peace and wisdom on his journey. Amen.

Karen Stuckey
      Enliven Ministries Team

26. Mary Manning

Dear Helen, once again you have posted a very timely prophetic word. It definitely ministers to me right where I am on my journey. I can relate to some of the things you spoke about and I am very much encouraged! Thank you for hearing from God and and putting into words what you heard from Him. It is DEFINITELY making a difference in my situation ?.

1. Mashudu Bidzha

Out of inquisitive Spirituality Mind Powe r I have this burning ? question:

Is Telepathic power from the occultism demonic power or Spirituality God Power?

Thanks

Mashudu Bidzha

27. Vasiti Lungu

Thanks for this encouragement, I needed to hear this. And now I totally understand what is happening. I relate to this message 100% because this is exactly what is happening in my life right now, even as I write this comment, after hearing God giving me direction and things got in motion, suddenly there is confusion happening around me. But I have declared that it is well and I will stand on God’s promise. God bless you.

28. Veronica

Hi Helen may God keep using u upon my life always after receiving your prophetic messages I’m becoming strengthened and u always on time to deliver ,when I’m in the real need of comfort and strength to move forward u r a blessing to me thanx a lot

29. Rosanne

Pastor Helen Calder this message is just for me in the perfect time. This message encourages me so much more motivation and strength to keep waiting, trusting and believing in HIM. I know that my God is faithful and I will await my blessings even though at times I am very frustrated and fed up. All glory, honor and praise to His Holy Name. I wait for my increase and promotion in my job for it is long overdue and I decree and declare it is coming and is already done.

30. John

About a year ago, I was walking in the woods and I had an impression that I was like an arrow for God. I had no idea what this could really mean. About a month or so later, I received a word from someone who was bringing a message at a meeting I was at and she pointed me out and said that I was like an arrow for the Lord. Now this blog from you about the arrow…the paper clip..wow..it is so encouraging, In my life, I have had many detours, twists, hurts, and disappointments as far as serving God goes and it seems hard to hang and hope sometimes. But this message, now sure hits home with me. Thank you so much for sharing this word! BTW, I truly am enjoying the Prophetic school course. It is a real blessing to me to have had such a great and extended resource available. Your prayers here and there during the course are wonderful to here and receive. I am grateful to you and God for your ministry! God Bless, John from Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada

1. Karen Stuckey

Lord Jesus, You know the situation here. We pray that you will guide this couple as they approach marriage. Let them hear your voice and know you more. Amen.

Karen Stuckey
      Enliven Ministries Team

31. Jacquie

I’m thankful for this Word that God revealed to you and for you sharing. It encourages me to know that God has not forgotten me and He will fulfill His promise in my life. It’s one thing to wait a year or two. But when you’ve been waiting for over eight years, you get weary and disheartened. However, the word you gave that I’m not only carrying the message, I AM the message, it really ignited something in me! I’ll keep pressing, serving and trusting.

32. Paula Hardin

Thank you for the word it has really helped me understand and see why God does what he does. Detours and delays can be difficult to understand but it’s all in God’s timing and plan.

33. Ally

Amen! Yesterday I saw a paperclip and hadn’t seen one in ages.. it stood out to me so much that I put it in my pocket… and then I got your email and read this blog! Definitely, resonate with this word. Thank you Helen!

34. Nomathamsanqa Clark

Thank you so much Helen,you have been a useful tool in my life for moments l never knew what to do. You are a real messenger of God my sister and l bless you and your family. Thank you for for guiding me and directing when l had multiple dilemmas and confusion due to circumstances,l agree to the Word ,my God will supply all my needs according to the riches in glory of Jesus Christ. Always l praise God to have such a blessed soul in my life .God is really in control and works in quite miraculous Devine ways. l cannot thank you enough Helen.

35. Lemlem Gebru

I understand that “His timing is perfect.” to fulfill his promise. May God Bless you abundantly.

36. Kingsley

God Bless greatly ma…

I really need a word from God now… I need you to help me pray for direction on what step to take in Mr ministry and calling now…..
    Am about being ordained in a ministry but I feel strong in spirit not to accept it…with revelations I see both physically and spiritually

..pls help me before it will be too late..

Blessings..

1. Karen Stuckey

Thank you Father for Kingsley. Thank you for his heart for you and his desire to serve you. Give him clear wisdom and clear direction on the steps to take as he walks with you. May he know clearly who he is in you Lord. Amen.
      Karen Stuckey
      Enliven Ministries Team

37. Bonnie

Hallelujah for this timely Word. It’s to me confirmation of the Prayer that just flowed out of me this morning. The prayer was centred around three statements;
    ~ Crying is, but for the night. Laughter comes in the morning.
    ~ The Sun of Righteousness is rising upon all aspects of my life with healing in its wings…
    ~ I shall laugh last.

Now I learn that all the turns and twists I have endured serve a divine purpose in my life. Oh, thank you Lord for your favour and faithfulness. May nothing in me come onto the way of your glory as it shines through my life. Help me Lord to be your humble yet clear message to all you send me to.
    May you keep enlarging the territory of this your servant, Helen Calder, as she continues to minister to our lives, in Jesus’s name. AMEN

38. Kobena Awotwe

Thanks Hellen and Team for this timely message from our loving Heavenly Father.This prohetic word has really lifted me up after encountering numerous episodes of intense suffering after being led by God into a hospital project. It is heart warming to know that God is in absolute control and that He has it all worked out.
    To Him alone be all glory,honour and adoration.
    Thanks Hellen for availing yourself as a vessel of honour for God to use.