Roll Call: It’s Your Time to Rise! (Prophetic Word)

Prophetic Word Roll CallListen! There’s a sound from Heaven right now—it is a roll call. Hear God say, “Arise beloved!”

• A “roll call” is an attendance call. It is when a list of names is called out, to establish who is present
  • It may be a group of people who have a specific purpose, at a certain time and place

At the moment your name is called during a roll call, you are the focus of attention.

God’s call is personal. His gaze is upon you. He calls you by name.

It is a pivotal moment.

Called in Your Humanity and Destiny

“But now, thus says the Lord, who created you, O Jacob, and He who formed you, O Israel:
“Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by your name; you are Mine.” (Is 43:1, NKJV)

Beloved! I call you by name.
And I know you in your weakness and humanity—as I did the stumbling Jacob. I know you in your strength and destiny—as I did Israel. [1]

Yes, you are in the process of being formed. But do not be afraid. I have redeemed and restored you.

You are covered by my grace.

The Roll Call of the Least Likely

It was an unusual roll call. Those we know today as David’s “mighty men” started as a motley group of castaways.

They joined David’s band and became loyal to him, before he was king.
At that time, he was an outlaw on the run from King Saul.
But David was anointed by the Holy Spirit.

As the group gathered to David—as they aligned to him and served him—the kingly anointing upon David transformed them.

“David left Gath and escaped to the cave of Adullam. When his brothers and his father’s household heard about it, they went down to him there. All those who were in distress or in debt or discontented gathered around him, and he became their commander. About four hundred men were with him.” (1 Sam 22:1-2 NIV)

These are the ones who became David’s army, his leaders, his mighty warriors; those who would go on to do great exploits.

• It doesn’t say, “those who were successful, those who were perfect, who had it all together, who had everything lined up”
  • It doesn’t say, “those who were the most spiritual”

The beginnings of his army, were those who were “in distress, debt, or discontented.” (1 Sam 22:2) [2]
Their journey to greatness began in the wilderness.

So, if you have experienced pain, if you have felt ripped off, if you have been discouraged.
If you are tired of the status quo.
If you feel like a has-been.
Or never-been-seen.

If you are hungry for something you haven’t yet experienced, this roll call is for you.

Flawed Yet Chosen

As it has often been said, “God doesn’t call the qualified, He qualifies the called”.

Paul writes,
“Brothers and sisters, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.”
(1 Cor 1:26-28 NIV)

You are chosen!
You are included. Invited personally by God to be a part of His plan.

This roll call is for the authentic.
Not a “photoshopped” version of you, but the genuine you.
As you are, flawed and weak, but amazing. You are handpicked!

Jesus spoke of Himself as the Good Shepherd, who calls His sheep out by name (John 10:3). He says, “Come! I have room for you. I have space for you to grow.
You are safe with Me!”

He is Your Sufficiency

The enemy will try to make you feel unqualified, disqualified, or left out. When in fact, Jesus has something for you to do, that nobody else can do.

Today, hear God say, “I choose you!’ ‘I’m calling you!”

So, don’t turn aside, as He calls your name. Instead:

Own up to your weakness, own up to your failure, own up to your hunger and that you can’t live without Him.

Stripped bare, with nothing to recommend you but the grace of God.
Trusting in the blood of Jesus.
Knowing He alone is your sufficiency.

Now, feel His strength and breath flow into you.

Called in Weakness, Gathered to Greatness

Those who gathered to David, went to him at the cave. It was the place they escaped to in the wilderness (1 Sam 22).

Here is the glory. The wilderness in Scripture is not only a place of testing, it is a place of birthing.

So, if you feel as though you have been in a wilderness in some way, you are in the right place at the right time for a miracle.

You matter—you count.
You are significant.
You are His beloved.
And God says, “This is your roll call.”

[1] For further study see Gen 32:28 where God renamed Jacob “Israel”.

[2] See 2 Samuel 23:8-39 for a summary list of David’s “Mighty Men” and their exploits.

Related Posts:

4 Signs You are in Transition in Your Gift or Ministry

Discernment can Propel You Into an Encounter with God’s Glory

The gift of discernment of spirits is a powerful weapon in times of spiritual warfare, and can be of great assistance when ministering freedom to individuals.

• And those with a gift of discernment have the extraordinary privilege of being able to perceive the Spirit’s anointing!

Yet many who have the gift of discernment have difficulty knowing what to do with what they are feeling or sensing.

In this recently updated third edition, I have added a chapter on five specific spiritual attacks discerners face and how to overcome each one. I have revised other chapters, added new content and finished with an inspirational chapter on how the gift of discernment can propel you into an encounter with God’s glory.

‘Unlocking The Gift Of Discernment’ incorporates wisdom from Enliven Blog as well as additional valuable material on how to be protected as a discerner in times of spiritual warfare.

To view and purchase the eBook ‘Unlocking The Gift Of Discernment’ in our e-store, click here

Note: All transactions are secure and we do not pass your information on to third parties. Our store will convert to your currency.

Enliven Blog is on Instagram, Facebook and YouTube

Thank you for visiting Enliven Blog. I would love you to join me on my other platforms too:

My online courses now include the School of Prophecy and Discernment, Spiritual Warfare Course, and School of Intimacy and Prayer.

You can find the Enliven Ministries courses page here.

© 2019 Helen Calder Enliven Blog – Prophetic Teaching

45 thoughts on “Roll Call: It’s Your Time to Rise! (Prophetic Word)

1. Prudence Myeni

Thank you Helen . The message arrived just on time, those are the words I need to here right now. The message go straight to me, its like you know exactly what I am going through. I thank God for your anointing. Your are amazing!

2. Tesfaye Tessema Gintamo

I always receive the right messages at the right time. God speaking to me.
    God bless you Helen

3. Stella

Thank you so much for the word of prophecy. I receive the word of God in Jesus mighty name. May God increase you and your ministry in Jesus mighty name.

4. David Tan

Hi Helen Calder. Your “roll call” post and your quoting David mighty army – I never received zny prophetic counsel, nor read any prophetic word that is more accurate than your post here. It is magnificently accurate in my present moment. I had been pressed from within and outside since 2016. Since this year however things took a turn. It has been miraculous tho not in way (our human mind) expected. Three months now, I sense I come to a crossroad. It seems to me I am not making decision into which path I am to walk in; it seems evidently clear He made the decision. Only that it is “hard” if I have to forego somethings which there is emotional attachment. I identify clearly with the contents of this post. It Is as tho God talking to me thru you. God bless you being His chosen instrument. I I give thanks to God. Indeed He has been so faithful and true. Thank you

Hi David, I love the way Holy Spirit anoints certain words and messages in season. I’m praying for you right now, for the wisdom and discernment you need for every decision.
      He is with you.

5. Ntombizamazizi

Wow Helen, what a word in season, a word in need indeed. Truly this word is an encouragement from God specially for me.
    I want a revelation of Christ the Healer. I want an encounter and deeper intimacy with the Holy Spirit. I want to see the manifest power of God flowing into my life and through my life.
    Really was feeling so discouraged, like this is almost so unattainable, or just so draining and tiring to pursue, grasp or even sometimes truly just simply rest, believe and receive it. Sometimes my agenda and motives are so prideful and self-centered which would sometimes make me feel so unworthy and almost tempted to disqualify myself. I repent of them and ask Him to purify them. I know the truth, of His grace and love despite my flaws, of how much He wants this for me more than I do but my thoughts sometimes can just do the things to me. So this word was truly encouraging, this is truly from God, every word hit the nail on the head, in my struggles, discouragement, flaws/imperfections and doubts of my call and even of His gaze on me.

Hi Ntombizamazizi,
      I’m praying for you right now…this is your turnaround, that just as David’s men left their former status behind them, you will see the new you, the one who is in the King’s Presence, His anointing on your life, you favored by God, walking in freedom.
      I’m glad the word was an encouragement for you Ntombizamazizi. God is so good!

6. Ndifreke

your word of encourage always affect my situation my time may The Almighty God perfect His promise in my life and also bless you more in Jesus Mighty name

7. molins

Glory to Jesus Christ.
    Thank you very much for the true message from God the Father Almighty. I want to give thanks for you to Him that He is using you amazingly for His glory and to reach others through you, Thank you Jesus.
    I am touched by this precious message from Him through you, very similar situation I am going through, I hope I can go how He wants me to walk because so many challenges or u can say trials I am facing right now and its very very difficult for me but I know only because of His grace and His mercy I can walk but very slowly, I need your prayers, some times I feel lost.
    God bless you and your ministry.

8. Zechariah

A mighty vessel of God. Once again thank you so much for all your labour. This is the bread of work of righteousness, the perfect will of God. You have always been a glorious beacon of LIGHT especially when hopes dwindle/fade from this end. Whenever I open up my mails my heart yawns for your prophetic words then the rest of the mail follows. As always “SPOT-ON “. What more can I say of mighty woman of war successfully drawing directly from the throne…..as usual those words surely are healing waters of Meribah at Horeb that quenches thirty souls as these in the wilderness of perplexing and despairing tests & trials. Thank you.

Please pray for my personal ministry in the Lord as well as a marriage partner that perfectly complement this ministry, the saying that two is better than one…ummmm…when I’m kind of drowsy or worn out in the midst of prayer battle she keeps it going. It’s been a tough & prolonged lonely road to glory especially in this restorative season of pruning. Who says that life on this side with Jesus will be a smooth ride when it’ll rattle our very comfort zone but thankfully we are not alone when we are being part of this celestial body which is of heaven that comforts each other as these.

We are your crown in the Lord in as much as Asia Minor was for Paul. We follow in their stead.

Thank you so much for your anointed teaching resources by mail & YouTube …have a copy of them. Keeping the Ephesian 4:11 mandate alive and on fire….Amen!. In this last lap of our earthly journey the Body of Christ desperately needs such rare tenacious, passionate & zealous breed as you to awake & enliven her from slumber amidst these ever increasing moral darkness.

Much love and grace on behalf of all creation to you, family and the Enliven blog team.

Br. Zechariah