Knock, For The Door Is About To Open! (Prophetic Insight)

Prophetic Word: Knock as if the Door is About to be OpenedI believe God is encouraging many who have shelved prayer requests. He says, “It is time to recall those prayers. It’s time to knock again.”

• Your prayer may be about a personal need or promise
  • It may be prayer on behalf of others

Be assured that your continued prayer, when it is your assignment from God, is going to result in a great harvest.

There are leaders who are standing at the door knocking, and behind you is a great crowd.

Hear your Father saying, “There is more going on right now than you are aware of.”

God is Removing the Shame that has Hindered Your Prayers

He is breaking shame off prayer!
He is releasing faith for the answers.

This is the time for shameless, audacious prayer.

Do you remember the parable Jesus told, about a man calling out and knocking on his neighbor’s door? It was late at night.
That neighbor was reluctant to get up and answer—yet he would, because of the shameless audacity of the man knocking. (Luke 11:8)

There are many ways the enemy tries to throw a blanket of shame over our prayer requests.
You may relate to some of these signs today:

1. Other people have expressed doubt about your prayer, or discouraged you in it
  2. You have been tempted to believe God’s answer has been “no” because of delay
  3. You have been assailed with doubt that your prayer has made a difference
  4. Your prayer request was made publicly, and there was some form of embarrassment in the event itself—or, what appears to be a lack of answer to prayer
  5. You feel the long wait for the prayer being answered reflects negatively on your faith

Today, you are loosed from the power of shame, in Jesus’ Name.

You are free to rise up and pray, with shameless audacity! You are confident in your Father’s favor.

Knock: It’s Time to Release the Sound of Prayer

Jesus said of prayer:
“So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.” (Luke 11:9, NKJV)

In the Greek, it reads,
“Ask and keep on asking; seek and keep on seeking; knock and keep on knocking.” [1]

You begin, by asking—and you continue to ask.
You are hungry, and so you seek. To seek is to be active, moving towards God and looking for Him to answer.

Finally, you begin to knock. The Greek word translated “knock” means “rap” [2]. You are now making a noise to gain attention.

• Now, you are calling out, asking, seeking and knocking all at once

Your desire has reached its fullness—and that need, expressed in fervent prayer, gives birth to the promise of God.

4 Reasons Knocking in Prayer is Powerful

We know our Father is willing, and that Heaven is open. So then:

• Why does God prescribe a type of prayer, where we approach Heaven as though a door stands between us and our Father who has the answer?

1. Knocking in Prayer Demonstrates Your Faith

Our knocking brings our Father pleasure.
It is the audacity of a child, who continues to ask a parent.
We are confident of our Father’s willingness to answer. And so we persist in prayer.

“But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.” (Heb 11:6, NKJV)

We know there is no reluctance on God’s part. We are assured that Heaven is open to us.

In “knocking prayer”, you are continuously calling out to your Father for His answers.

• You are responding in obedience to Him

In the meantime, God is rejoicing in your declaration of His faithfulness. And the trial of your faith will bring forth gold.

2. Knocking in Prayer is a Powerful Act of Warfare

Daniel persisted in prayer. He asked, he sought, he knocked. He continued praying and fasting.

The angel that eventually showed up, told Daniel God began to answer his prayers from the moment he started praying.

Daniel didn’t know it, but behind the scenes, there was spiritual warfare taking place on an immense scale. (Dan 10:12-13)

Just as Daniel’s prayer did, your persistence in prayer has power to overcome the enemy!

Your persistent knocking in prayer, brings strongholds down.

3. Knocking in Prayer Obtains the Answer

Daniel’s example reminds us that with every knock, something is happening. Power is being released, the angels are at work.

The answer to our prayer may not have physically manifested, but it in motion. And our insistent prayer fuels the process.

Your knocking in prayer accesses the resources of Heaven. Consider the nature of the House you are knocking on:

Hear the Lord saying, “Expect Kingdom-sized answers!”

“Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us” (Eph 3:20, NKJV)

4. As You Knock in Prayer, Justice is Being Released

Another time, Jesus told a parable about a persistent widow and a corrupt judge. When that woman kept on pursuing him for justice, the judge said, “because this woman keeps bothering me I will answer”.

• Jesus was illustrating His point that we should keep on praying and not give up

He then contrasted the corrupt judge with our Heavenly Father.

“And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off?” (Luke 18:7, NIV)

Justice is needed when wrongdoing has been done against us, or others we are praying for.

We have been robbed of what is rightly ours.
There has been inequity.

• It may have been through the attitudes, actions or decisions of people
  • It may be generational issues
  • It may have been a spiritual attack

This is the grace of God—Jesus makes obtaining justice from God so simple, that even a child could follow His instructions.

1. Know your Father God is willing. Believe He is good and kind!
  2. See Him as the Righteous Judge, Who is releasing justice on your behalf
  3. Then, lift up your voice and cry to Him—and do not stop (Luke 18:1-8)

God is Reviving You in the Knocking

We know that when God calls us to action, He is anoints us for that obedience.

So, if you feel as though you have lost the capacity to pray, lift up your hands.

Just when you thought you were at your last gasp, go again to the Throne. You are being revived.

“It’s time to knock again.
Knock as if the door is about to be opened.”

[1] His words are recorded in the Greek present continuous tense. See Luke 11:9 and onwards in the Amplified Version.

[2] Strong’s G2925

[3] Quoted from “Prophecy: How to Birth God’s Promise For Your Life”

Related Posts:

The (Number 1) Key to Praying With Faith

The Tipping Point of Prayer: God’s Answer is on the Way

Do you have a prayer request you would like others to agree with you in prayer about? Leave a comment using the comments box below. Or, follow and join the conversation on our Facebook page, Twitter, or the Enliven Blog Instagram account to share it with us.

Join the Enliven School of Intimacy and Prayer

Would you like to gain confidence in the area of prophetic prayer? I invite you to join me on the Enliven School of Intimacy and Prayer.

The Prayer School contains more of my personal stories than other courses, and I am excited to share these with you.

Currently on the Enliven School of Intimacy and Prayer are self-paced video lessons (complete in your own time), along with PDF transcripts, exercises and eBooks on:

• Introducing Prophetic Prayer
  • Praying the Mysteries of Heaven
  • Intimacy with the Holy Spirit
  • The Travail of the Holy Spirit
  • The Gift and Ministry of Prophetic Intercession
  • Angels and Encounters…and more!

You can find out more or join the School of Intimacy and Prayer here. Alternatively, you can view all online courses, including the Prophetic School, here.

Note: The 50% discount on the Spiritual Warfare Course (How to Identify and Overcome Spiritual Warfare) is in place until 30th July and can be found here.

© 2019 Helen Calder, Enliven Blog

Enliven Ministries: In the David McCracken Ministries family

75 thoughts on “Knock, For The Door Is About To Open! (Prophetic Insight)

1. Deon Louza

Thanks for the word. May Gid bless you richly and expand you ministry.
    Please help me pray for my two sons that they may yeild to God’s purpose for their lives.

2. Naomi Testimony

My o my. I pray to God that one day I will meet you. You are truly blessed Helen Calder. I love the way the Holy Spirit uses you to minister to so many souls as it has done to mine this moment.
    I am assured that my continued prayer, when it is my assignment from God, is going to result in a great harvest. Hallelujah.

I’m glad this has ministered to you, Naomi. May His rich anointing for prayer flow through you!

3. Lauren

On time per usual. Thank you, Helen. I needed this kick in the seat. I’ve stopped believing for myself. It seems harder as we age. Maybe it’s because in our youth we are more hopeful- “Whole life ahead of us” type of thinking, or maybe the tests just become more difficult as we grow.

Going off to quiet time to pray now. Here’s hoping I can get the words out.

Hi Lauren, I’m praying with you right now for the release of the prayer flow. May you have the joy Jesus spoke of, “Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.” John 6:24.

4. Cassandra

Hi Helen, My name is Cassandra, I went blind after giving birth 29 years ago. I have a little of my sight back but over the years I have gotten at least 5 prophecies about me getting my sight back. When i go to church sometimes I get really sad because I have been waiting so long. I just started back really praying and seeking God for my healing and also confirmation that I am called to be a prophet to the nations. I have always had prophetic dreams as a child and they have always come to past when I tell someone what I have dreamedand God has also used me to lay hands on the sick and they did recover.Please pray for me that this will be the time that my sight will return or for God to reveal to me why I haven’t recieved it yet.Thank You

Hi Cassandra, I’m praying for you right now <3
      Keep dreaming the dreams and don't let your struggles stop you from stepping out in the gifts and ministry God has put on your heart. There's so many of us (me included) who are battling for physical healing. I just keep saying, "God has given me everything I need today and tomorrow to do what He wants me to do, regardless of this physical issue." He's a good Father. He is healing the deep inner recesses of your heart, and releasing joy.

1. Cassandra

Thank You Helen and I will be praying for Full restoration for God to heal you. It’s already done in Jesus name.

5. Michelle King

I am believing God for an 83 acre ranch for a ministry for broken hearted women. I am usually very faith filled but right now I feel like I am in a dry and weary land. Prayers would be greatly appreciated

Oh that is such a great vision Michelle. I’m praying with you right now, may He fill and “inflate” your life and dreams again.

6. Elizabeth

My sweet Sis Helen it is a timely word for me. I have been knocking for 30 months for my marriage to be restored. This morning Lord brought to my memory Eph 3:20. I am expecting a Kingdom size answer. I am persistent never will I give up my miracle will be manifested soon. People have given up not God.
    Blessings

1. Cassandra

Hi Elizabeth,I will be praying for God to restore your marriage. I heard on Rob Parsley show a woman who gave a testimony about a woman who prayed persistently for God to restore her marriage and God did. I had a break up and God did bring him back, but because of my grown son still living with me, it caused problems between us and we broke up again. But I still believe God because I though he wasn’t coming back before and God did send him back, so I will be intercede with you. God Bless

2. Karen Stuckey

Heavenly Father, we thank you for this couple. We ask for your miraculous hand to move in this relationship and renew this marriage. May they both see clearly and hear what you are saying to them. Thank you Lord for what you are going to do. Amen.

1. Karen Stuckey

Thank you Father for Elsa and for her heart for you. We ask that you will hear her desire and bring along a Godly man, that is firm in Your word. Amen.

7. Sandy

Please keep my 8 year old grand daughter in your prayers to be healed. She has autism with severe aggression. I keep praying, and I know God our father can heal her in the name of his son Jesus. Thank you and God Bless.

1. Karen Stuckey

Heavenly Father we thank you for this praying Grandparent and we thank you for this amazing young girl. We ask that you will touch her and heal her, renew her mind and make her whole. In Jesus Name we pray. Amen.

8. Sonia

Hi Helen this is like God is talking to me. It made me emotional; I’m believing and Praying for A miracle for my son he got results from doctor and now ( hiv) status.. I’m not sure where we go from here it hurts me as a mother but I’m praying for a miracle, deliverance salvation and healing.i know God is making a way in the wilderness in Jesus name Amen! Praying for family Generational pattens to broken in Jesus name Amen

1. Karen Stuckey

Lord Jesus we thank you for Sonia and for what you are saying to her. Please give her clarity and peace as she goes through this season. We also pray for healing within her sons body. We stand with her and believe for a miracle, salvation and healing. within his body. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.

9. Michelle

I will not give up and keep knocking! This brought me some confirmation! God bless! Hopeful and not hopeless!

1. [email protected]

Please pray for me to know God’s word clearly
        To follow God
        To increase my faith
        to know how to receive from God
        the blind eyes to be removed from me
        To allow God my deliver to change me
        To humble before God almighty in Jesus name

1. cassandra L swindall

Hi, I also am visually impaired. Hold on to God as hard as you can no matter what God will always be there for you. I speak to every part of your eyes right now and command them to be healed right now in the name of Jesus. never give up. It is God’s will for us to be healed. Blessings always

2. Karen Stuckey

Heavenly Father, we stand together and ask that your clarity and wisdom will stir this heart. Open the eyes and the ears to your voice and your way. In Jesus Name we pray. Amen

10. Elizabeth

Dear Cassandra thanks for interceding on behalf of me. It is a very painful journey we are both in our latter years. I cry for all marriages and will be praying for healing for you and Helen. This affected my heart/brain praise God the MRI results were not what the Dr’s thought. We are God’s beautiful daughters created for his Glory!! Blessings and prayers

11. Irene Kyriacou

Dear Helen, I am forever grateful and thankful for your Teaching and Ministry, it is a constant source of encouragement and inspiration to me. I have recently been so encouraged on your Teaching about “Travailing in Prayer with the Holy Spirit”, I felt such a fresh impartation of Strength being released over me as you Prayed.
    I wrote a little poem during the week called “Prevailing and Travailing in Prayer.

Prevailing and Travailing in Prayer

HE Breathes New Life into me
    And Opens up my eyes to See
    My GOD is Great, and HE is Strong
    HE fills my Heart with a New Melody
    HE fills my Mouth with a New Song

Poem by Irene Kyriacou

I truly believe that persistent, fervent, prevailing, travailing prayer is so powerful and effective. Through such prayer and many, many tears I have seen lost loved ones COME HOME TO JESUS, and I am forever Thankful to my GOD for HIS listening EAR, and HIS Heart of Love, Grace, Mercy and Compassion, HE truly is a GOOD, GOOD FATHER.

That is so powerful Irene, as always. You are a treasure to the Lord and your poetry always ministers to me and I pray many others.
      Yes and amen.

12. Jan

Great and informative info. I have been interceding for my boyfriend. Our relationship is going through many changes. I’ve known him for 16 years. The first time we were together for two years. He broke up with me, I moved on. Always, in the back of my mind, I knew we were to be together. Time passed, we’ve both been through numerous changes and now we’ve been dating for the last year. Unfortunately, I’m the one who has been too much – we haven’t broken up but the relationship has changed. We live 1400 miles from one another. I know beyond any shadow of doubt that we’re to be together. We are believing for abundant finances for a film project that he is doing. I’ve been able to pray for him and he’s been very receptive. There is an anointing on him and his film project. Without giving too much away, he does need deliverance from being involved in scientology for over 25 years. God has already started the process and now it needs to be completed. I am so blessed to have this person in my life. Thank you and God Bless.

Hi Jan,
      Praying for you and your boyfriend right now. Praying also that God will give you the words to pray for when you do not know what to pray.
      Believing with you.

13. Elizabeth

Helen, your message today really touched me.
    I felt shame when I would reach out to other women asking for prayer for marriage.
    I received dirty looks, horrible comments: why do you want a husband? Spend your time with the Lord. Appreciate this time being single. And on and on….
    These women were all married.
    I have been single for 7 yrs now
    from going thru a devastating divorce. I made very sure that all of this time being single that I would heal, get very close with the Lord in my relationship with
    Him and remain pure.
    I stopped completely asking for prayer for marriage because I was feeling shame.
    Thank you Helen, you gave me hope!
    Elizabeth

1. Karen Stuckey

Thank you Father for releasing Elizabeth from all shame that has been upon her over the years and release your faith within her. Give her boldness and the keys as she goes through this season. Amen.

14. Lutendo

Thank you for this encouraging post!
    As I was reading this I just felt a strong sense to encourage someone that prayer is all about surrendering to God and acknowledging that He can do it and He’s faithful to His word!

I’m trusting the Lord for a job in this season. Saints please pray with me.

1. Karen Stuckey

Yes! Thank you Lord for Lutendo and for what you have placed on his heart. We ask that you will provide him with a great job in the perfect location for him. Amen.

15. Bonnie

Pray with me for my son who is drifting away from the ways of God. I believe God for his come back, and closer walk with our Heavenly Father.

1. Karen Stuckey

Lord, we pray for Bonnie’s son. We ask that you will draw him to you and restore his relationship with you Lord. Give him a knowing of who You really are and may he be awakened and know the truth of who he really is. Amen.

16. Idia

Pray for God’s spirit of breakthrough for my family regarding our finances. For healing for my daughter and husband. For the holy spirit to dwell in us and for God’s direction for me.
    Pray with me for a complete turn around for all my brothers, that there be a Saul to Paul situation in their lives. For the grace and peace of God to fill them and all the negative habits and influences in their lives become repugnant to them.

1. Karen Stuckey

Thank you Lord for Idia and for her family. We lift each one of them up to You Lord and ask for breakthrough to be sown into each family member. Meet their needs and restore their bodies from head to toe. Give them each clear direction and peace during this season. Fill them and make them each anew. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.

17. Lyrsa Garcia

I have been following your post and have been greatly blessed and encouraged by them. It’s like hearing the Lord speak to me and the situation I am in. Your post shows me that I have a God that knows me to a tee and is always nurturing my growth. My prayer is to step be obedient to my God. Thanks for being a blessing in my life.
    Lyrsa

1. Karen Stuckey

Thank you Lord for Lyrsa and for her heart that she has for You. Give her wisdom and keys to living an obedient life with you God. We thank you God for all you are going to do. Amen.

18. Daisy

Your posts are always about topics I have questions on and you answer them very well. The Holy Spirit definitely speaks to me through your posts. May the good Lord continue blessing you richly and continue strengthening you for His works. I am trusting God for a job, I had started giving up since its been years, from the teaching I sure will not give up praying. Amen.

1. Karen Stuckey

Heavenly Father, we thank you for Daisy and for her love that she has for you. We ask that you will supply all her needs, including a job that is matched with the gifts and skills that you have given her. We thank you for providing for her. Amen.

19. Patrick

Thank you for this…I think you wrote it just for me! I have been praying for a friend for a long time, that she would return to the LORD. I am at the point I feel like my prayers have been ineffective, and that I should just let her go completely. And then I read this, and I feel like “one more round”. Thank you. Please agree with me in prayer that Vera would be healed from her backsliding. Thank you.

1. Karen Stuckey

Lord Jesus, we pray with Patrick that you will her the cries of the heart. We ask for Vera to be awakened to the truth and saved, back into relationship with you Lord. May she have an encounter that will make her know that you are the one true living God. Amen.

20. Akosua korkor gyekye

Hello Helen,

God Bless you for this word. I will not give up I have been praying to God to restore my marriage with the father of my son. I know God is faithful and this will be my testimony and through this marriage restoration other women will also stand in the gap for their marriages and family. Please bare me in your prayers.
    Akosua from Ghana.

1. Karen Stuckey

Lord Jesus, we pray for this couple and ask for restoration within this marriage. May they know the truth that will set them free. May you provide them with keys and wisdom as they see the truth come to light. Thank you Lord. Amen.

21. Teresa Gelant

Hi Helen, thank you so much for blessing us with this beautiful encouraging word. I look forward to receiving an email from your blog with expectancy. Everytime spot on.
    Will you stand in prayer with me please for my personal growth in the prophetic. I want to hear more from God. Please also pray for my finances.

Have a blessed day.
    Agape
    Teresa

22. Teresia Waithira

I thank God for how He is using you Woman of God Helen Calder. I have a testimony, and all Glory and Honour unto our God. I have been knocking, knocking and knocking….without an answer to my prayer requests. But as I write to you now am dancing because of answered prayers this week… For sure as you have shared “Be assured that your continued prayer, when it is your assignment from God, is going to result in a great harvest” For sure mine is a great harvest. “today am loosed from the power of shame.”
    God continually bless and use you.

Yes Teresia may there be even more dancing too! He ‘turns our mourning into dancing’

23. Zoleka Lusiti Ms

Thank you Helen, is like you have been in my prayer room listening. This was exactly what I have been asking the Almighty Father, revival in me and members of our church. Thanks even for pointing to the scriptures I have been sharing with my son. May God bless you and continue to use you!
    Zoleka, Pretoria, RSA

24. Zizipho

Hi thank you for the powerful message. Can you please pray for me I need a miracle and breakthrough in my financial life and health. I also pray that all the plans,desires and the purpose God has for my life be fulfilled in the name of Jesus Christ.

Yes, Zizipho,
      Am praying for the release in your finances and health right now, in Jesus’ Name

25. Zizipho

Dear Helen thank you for the powerful message its very inspiring. Can you please pray for me I would like a miracle and a breakthrough in my health and in my financial life this month my financial life is not improving I don’t see growth or gain in everything I do, I pray that the Lord may open doors in my finances. May you also please pray for me to grow and mature in my spiritual life may the plans, desires and the purpose of God be fulfilled in my life in Jesus name I ask and pray. Regards Zizipho

Yes amen to that
      Ephesians 2:10 NIV
      [10] For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

26. Althea

This sounds exactly like me. I’ve come to a place where I don’t even want or have the desire to pray anymore. Thank you so much for this post Helen. I really needed this.

1. Karen Stuckey

Heavenly Father, we thank you for Althea. We ask that you will continue to stir the desire to pray. Give words when words are needed. Give wisdom when wisdom is needed. May there be new ways of praying, dropped into Althea’s heart. Amen.

27. IP Great

Helen how you teach the word have greatly minister to my situation.. I asked you pray for me that gifts of God will have expression in my life. I will like to starts your online courses soon. Thanks

28. Gillian

Than you Helen for the word.
    I have been praying so long for my sister Dawn who has been under depression for years and it’s like I can’t pray anymore. Pray God will deliver her and revive me

1. Karen Stuckey

Lord You are our healer and our deliverer. We ask for total healing and release over Dawn. Renew her mind and draw her out of depression. In Jesus Name we pray. Amen

1. Karen Stuckey

Thank you Father for Rita. Thank you for her trust in you. As she looks for a permanent job, we ask that you will open doors for her and lead her in the direction that you want her to go. Give her the job that is accessible to her and convenient for her. Thank you Lord. Amen

29. Ejemen

Thank you for this post. I have felt so much shame and doubt because I have prayed and prayed for my immigration application to be approved and nothing has happened till now. I do know that it will be approved because God has showed it to me in a dream and also confirmed it through several people.
    Also God told me about a spirit of intercession but I still need a lot of direction in that area and how to activate the gift.

30. selestine

Thanks for the message,Am blessed. I,m praying that God use me as a vessel of honor and be a blessing to others.

31. Ndifreke

thank you very much for taking time to pray for me. please i need God special anointing to lead in the ministries and how to be like you