4 Surprising Keys to Kingdom Authority

“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.” (John 14:12, NKJV)

To those who have longed to see the ‘greater works’ Jesus spoke of.

I believe the Holy Spirit is healing many, through these insights from Jesus’ words and example today.

Inadequacy is being broken off.
Weights of responsibility are being removed.
Faith and joy is being released!

The works, miracles and power Jesus moved in are not far off: they exist in the here and now.

And stepping into them is simpler than we’ve ever imagined.

4 Surprising Keys to Kingdom Authority

1. Be a Novice in the New

“When [Jesus] had stopped speaking, He said to Simon, “Launch out into the deep and let down your nets for a catch.” (Luke 5:4, NKJV)

When it comes to fishing, Peter is an expert.
And yet, when he obeys a new instruction from Jesus—one that contradicts his knowledge and experience—it results in an overflow harvest in his fishing business. (Luke 5:5-7)

Being a ‘novice in the new’ is about the attitude of being a learner in God’s Kingdom. [1]

• Having room to grow.

It’s going to cost us our comfort, because to be a ‘novice in the new’ means admitting we don’t know everything.
That we don’t have it all together.
Realizing that God’s power is released in the realm of the new.

It takes being open to receive and act on new insights from the Holy Spirit. Fresh instructions from Heaven.

Because God’s will has never been done this way before.

Welcome to the learning curve.

2. Be a Child in Your Father’s Kingdom

Jesus sends out seventy followers, with simple instructions.
They are to go out in pairs, with Jesus’ delegated authority to heal the sick and share the good news of the Kingdom.

They return overflowing with excitement!
“Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name.” (Luke 10:17)

Jesus responds,
“I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.
Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do.” (Luke 10:21 NIV).

Jesus rejoices that His Father makes the authority of the Kingdom available to those who are as little children.

And it’s the Father’s pleasure to do this!

The Greek word used here is nepios, and is also translated ‘babes’. It is used symbolically, to mean untaught and unskilled. (Strong’s G3516)

Unprecedented displays of God’s power.
Kingdom authority.

• It doesn’t come to those whose have nothing to learn, but to those who have everything to learn

Children of a generous Father.

Children are Learners

One of the distinctive traits of children is curiosity.

• The ability to imitate without shame [2]
  • Trying new things out, without fear of failure

May this be unleashed in you today.

Be inspired by the group of seventy Jesus sent out to share the Gospel: there is more to discover and learn!

Their simple key to Kingdom exploits was this: Do what Jesus does. Obey what Jesus says. And love as Jesus loves.

3. Stoop Low to Step Up

At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?

‘Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them’

See Jesus with a small child.
Perhaps, He stands with a hand on the boy’s shoulder.
Or maybe He is crouched down, alongside the child.
In the midst of a dozen loud, aspiring men.

Now, Jesus says,

“Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.
Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven…’

(Matt 18:1-5, NKJV)

‘Humble yourself’.
The word Jesus uses means to make low, to bring low. (Strong’s G5013)

In today’s culture, we are used to advancement coming through stepping up:

• Always feeling as though we must raise the bar, personally, in leadership and life, to go to the next level

Sometimes, we think God is raising the bar, when He is actually lowering it.

And we’ve got to get down on our hands and knees.
To humble ourselves to get into that place He is inviting us to occupy.
To get low.

4. Be Both Lamb and Lion

As royal sons and daughters, we are growing in our likeness of the ‘Lion of Judah’. [3]
Yet, there is also something our Father wants to give us, that we cannot receive with the boldness of a lion.

• It will take the humility and simplicity of a lamb

Jesus is calling forth both lion and lamb in us, as we seek the fullness of God’s Kingdom.

Jesus said of Himself,

‘…the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.’ (John 10:3, NKJV)

Jesus knows your name, and He calls you by name!
Right there is the wonder and the glory of God’s Kingdom, in personal relationship.
And willing obedience.

Fear of Missing Out (FOMO) is Gone

It is as ‘Shepherd of the Sheep’ that Jesus says
“Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom.” (Luke 12:32 NKJV)

In this short, simple statement, Jesus reveals this:

• The fear of missing out on God’s Kingdom comes from an orphan mindset
  • The key to receiving the Kingdom is found in simple, child-like, lamb-like, trust

You know that God is your Father, and you are loved,  favored and approved by Him.

And that is enough.

Has this prophetic teaching ministered to you today? I’d love to hear from you, so let me know in the comments below how this message is meaningful to you.

[1] See the earlier article, ‘Novices in the New: God Has a New Normal For You’

[2]Paul wrote: ‘Therefore be imitators of God as dear children. And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us…’ (Eph 5:1-2a, NKJV)

The word translated imitators, or followers in other translations, is mimetes, which comes from a word meaning to mimic, or imitate (Strong’s G3402, G3401).

[3] Jesus is both the ‘Lion of Judah’ and the ‘Lamb of God’. See Revelation 5:5-6

[4] Luke records 2 times the disciples had the ‘who’s the greatest’ argument: Luke 9:46, Luke 22:24

The School of Intimacy and Prayer: The Travail of the Holy Spirit

The Power of Wordless Prayer

I’ve just created a series of short videos that are questions and answers on the topic of ‘The Travail of the Holy Spirit’ (Rom 8:26).

These will be uploaded over the next few days.

Questions answered include:

• Why do some people experience physical manifestations of travail such as groaning, sighing, or weeping in prayer?
  • What is travail in prayer, and what are the benefits of travail?
  • Can I experience this type of prayer if I have no personal feelings about the person or issue I’m praying about? What about if I’m emotionally involved?
  • What can I do if I feel the Holy Spirit leading me into travail, and I’m in a meeting with other people?

I am sharing many personal stories on this course.

Currently on the Enliven School of Intimacy and Prayer are self-paced video lessons, along with PDF’s on:

• Intimacy with the Holy Spirit
  • Introducing Prophetic Prayer
  • Praying the Mysteries of Heaven
  • The Gift and Ministry of Prophetic Intercession
  • Angels and Encounters

You can find out more or join the School of Intimacy and Prayer here. Alternatively, you can view all online courses, including the Prophetic School, here.

© 2019 Helen Calder Enliven Blog – Prophetic Teaching

36 thoughts on “4 Surprising Keys to Kingdom Authority

1. Whitney

Yet ANOTHER timely, Rhema word from God
    I just had this thought and concern about wanting more and to see God’s Glory in my life. Not for fame etc but to feel and know that He’s there with and for me.
    So thankful for this confirmation word. You are a true Woman of God
    Glory to His Name!!!

I’m glad to hear that, Whitney! Processing this word led me to such a place of joy, realizing the heart of the Father and His delight to share His Kingdom with us. Yes glory to Him!

2. Isaac

God bless you so much for timely spiritual food. I’m really blessed
    God bless you and increase his grace upon your life

3. Rachel

Helen, please pray for me. God has allowed to powder me and has humbled me. I am spending more time with God than any other in my life. Please pray for God’s release upon our lives in the area of favor of God in ministry. Enemy had stolen people, reputation, and filled our lives with lies and accusations. We are seeing a Jebusite spirit of oppression and stomping down on authority of leaders. Pray for complete victory.

Hi Rachel, I’m sorry to hear that! Praying for you now.
      Sometimes when it seems as though authority is being stripped away, are the very times He is building authority in you. I pray you are strengthened and encouraged
      ‘I will open rivers in desolate heights,
      And fountains in the midst of the valleys;
      I will make the wilderness a pool of water,
      And the dry land springs of water.’ Is 41:18

4. Crispen m ncube

Yes I really do hear the meaning fully message of this word today. To obey new rules which comes within you is the key to success because Jesus is the gate way of my communication to the Creator who is God. So new commandments comes every day of our living now its up to us to listen to our inner self should I take it or leave it. So if you are in the lord you will overstand the whole system

Hi Crispen yes simply walking in relationship with God.
      ‘The miracles of Scripture take place in the realm of the new—when God’s people obey fresh instructions from Him.’

5. Kamal Kumar

Respected Calderji

First of all I thankyou for sending the article which I read regularly. I just want to make you know that the words used have great impact on thought pattern of individual and may change the life drastically. Moreover I add, the Lord has blessed me with Holy Spirit and although I am doing mundane things I keep on praying unceasingly inside. Further I speak in unknown language which I never learnt like Hebrew Arabic as I understand and sometime sing when alone.

I seek your kind guidance.

6. Tochukwu

Thank you so much Helen, i think this message is for me, because of recent I’m having a serious health challenge which looks strange, and i know that my healing will only come from God, receiving this message today shows me how to receive my healing from God.

Thank you so much and multiplied Grace.

7. Adegoke Adesina

Thanks so much for this great spiritual food, I call it manner from the table of God . God bless you

8. Segomotsi Masinda

Woman of God,I am humbled by what I have just read.U are Godsend,I really believe I can do what Jesus said I can do.

9. Stephanie

This was so encouraging and very timely for me. Im trying to get back to that place, childlike view and really seeing God as my Father, intimately, not just the God of the universe. We cant comprehend Him to begin with so trying to focus on Him as a Father who wants to be with me, its hard to wrap my mind around. We lack power because we dont know Him intimately…thats going to change soon ?

10. Martha Smith

Thank you Helen for this confirmation! Right word and right time. I always worry about being active and powerful in the same power that Jesus operate! i want to see miracles happen especially when i pray over something that need a breakthrough, a miracle, but i have not seen much yet. I also see through discernment spirit that i believe is in me, see people tent to speak truth yet under the truth is demonic, but I want to learn how to approach such kind in the godly manner. i see this kind even in christians!
    I think that i need to seek God more.
    I’m always thankful for Him for using you this much. The enliven prophetic school has strengthen my faith and I’m still learning, I loved.
    Please, pray for me that God may open my spiritual understanding, that l can develop a child like faith!
    Thank you!
    Blessings

Amen! It’s like two sides of the same coin, on one is the child-like faith and on the other is stewarding the authority and maturing. One of the mysteries of like in the Kingdom 🙂

11. Mary

Dear Helen, thank you so much for having your ear open to God’s mouth to share with us what He is saying. This article is very encouraging to me. I am in a place now where God is dealing with me about new things; and a new way of doing things. I am learning to just flow with Him and not feel so inadequate. God bless you!

Hi Mary, yes He’s growing us in confidence and in dependence… another mystery of the Kingdom. God bless you also!

12. Marie

Halleluyah. Amen and Amen.
    This prophetic teaching is manifezted in flesh through our 2 year old niece Grace and indeed the message is meanigful to me and my husband. I have earnestly prayed for the Lord to keep us low and humble at all times and Inow know hat little Grace is answer to that prayer. She is so fond of us both and loves hanging around with us all the time.
    Thank you.

13. Chidi

Thank you so much, I’m blessed by this article, I learnt things I ‘m holding strongly especially being a lion and coming as humble and simple as a lamb. I celebrate you woman of God . Please pray for me to receive the gift of prophecy , it’s my desire.

Hi Chidi, yes amen I’m praying for you now,
      Pursue love, and desire spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy. (1 Cor 14:1)

14. Jato Jacob

Great!!!,
    Just to use this medium to appreciate you, for giving yourself, to serve the Lord, this act have been a pillar for most of us, especially me, when the hope in the walk with God in the ministry is getting lost or that of personal or private matters, He (God) comes to me through you by Hid word which is life. And I am always lifted. I pray the Almighty God to increase his grace and anointing upon your life and ministry. I also pray that both the spiritual and physical blessings/benefits will not elude you.
    I Jesus Christ name. Amen

Thank you Jato, for the encouragement and prayer. And i’m praying for you right now for His wisdom and empowerment to keep moving forward in your situation

15. Israel

Thank you so much for such an inspiring and informative message.
    May God Almighty continue to shine His face upon you and grant you His favor.

16. Zoleka

Once again Helen, you have just confirmed what has been burning inside me, seeing and experiencing more of Jesus works in and around me. I want to learn so much of my Father’s will and wonders! Thank you for this insight Helen, may God continue to use you and bless you, in Jesus name.

17. Isabella

Really blessed by this message. From top to bottom! I can feel the Spirit touching me and ministering to me, beyond the words that I Reed.

1. ndifreke

woman of God thank you very much for your great message pls i want you to be my mentor thanks God bless you