Prophetic Word: That “Pressing” Is Turning To Joy

Have you felt as though you have been pressed in some way?
Or, do you believe God is calling you to press in closer to Him, for a breakthrough or intimacy?

Receive encouragement from Heaven today:

• That “pressing” is giving way to joy, because it is God’s time to birth new things in your life

The Power of Pressing and Being Pressed

Peter said, “Master, the people are crowding and pressing against you.” But Jesus said:

“Someone touched me; I know that power has gone out from me.”

This past week, I was preaching about the woman who made her way through a crowd, to touch Jesus’ robe.

As she touched the hem of Jesus’ garment, she was miraculously healed. [1]

The Day of the Crushing Crowd

Today, you may feel as though you are up against obstacles, or impossibilities.
There may be challenges standing between you and your miracle.

Be assured that you have the strength that you need to press into Jesus.

To understand the determination of this woman, Luke tells us,

• ‘As Jesus was on his way, the crowds almost crushed him (Luke 8:42, NIV)

The Greek word translated ‘crushed’ or ‘thronged’, means to choke utterly. [2]  It reminds me of a time my family visited Melbourne’s CBD for the New Year’s Eve celebrations.

As we walked towards the venue, we found ourselves in narrow city streets. They were jammed with people, wall-to-wall, standing room only.
It was suffocating.

That this woman was able to move towards Jesus—the One at the centre of the crowd’s attention—and to touch Him…

It was no less than a feat.
How could she do it?

You Have the Ability to Press Towards Jesus

The reason that sick woman was able to press, was that she was being pulled:

• By a vision of what was on the other side of an encounter with Jesus
  • By the grace of God
  • By God’s destiny for her life

And like her, your destiny is to be a testimony.

So, if getting close to Jesus requires you to press hard against some things right now, don’t give up!

You can press, because you are being pulled by God.

Your Father’s mercy is abundant towards you.
Make this your confession today:

‘I am pressing in. I am touching Jesus like I have never touched him before!’

It’s Time for the New Wine and Fresh Oil

The day after I shared this message, I heard the Holy Spirit say,
‘New wine is pressed!
The oil is pressed!’

‘The threshing floors will be filled with grain; the vats will overflow with new wine and oil.’ (Joel 2:24, NIV)

The new wine speaks of the move of the Holy Spirit, and the fresh oil speaks of His anointing.
Both speak of harvest and inheritance. [2]

New wine and fresh oil have this in common: both are produced through the fruit being pressed and crushed.

You sense God has been moving to bring change and adjustment in your heart.
He is wooing you into repentance; into conformity with Him.

• Your Father has an end-view in mind—that you will bear Jesus’ likeness

What you have seen up until now is the beginning of fruitfulness.

You may have felt as though you are being squeezed.
But now, through this season of pressing, you will see the fresh oil and the new wine.

Say ‘yes!’ to the press. There is power in your surrender.

A new move of the Holy Spirit is being unleashed in your life.

The Pressing of Bringing to Birth

“Sing, O barren,
You who have not borne!
Break forth into singing, and cry aloud,
You who have not labored with child!” (Isaiah 54:1a, NKJV)

When a woman is bringing a child to birth, her whole being is swept up in the contractions of labor.

Pressure is a sign that the new birth is imminent. Pain will soon give way to joy (John 16:21).

So, if God is bringing a new move of His Spirit—or a new season or ministry to birth in your life, say ‘yes!’ to the press.

Submit to God and let Him bring forth joy and praise.

Say ‘Yes!’ to the Press of the Holy Spirit

Today, hear the calling and wooing of the Holy Spirit: ‘It’s time to press in!’

Push against fear. Push back against any demonic pressure.
Say ‘no more!’ to excuses.
But press towards Jesus.

Be like the woman who pressed through the crowd—she saw what an encounter with Jesus could do for her.

One touch of Jesus’ robe released her miracle healing.

Her testimony was recorded in Scripture, for our benefit.

Say ‘yes!’ to the press—and your testimony will stand for generations to come.

[1] This is the story of the ‘woman with the issue of blood’. You can read it in Mark 5:24-34 and Luke 8:42-48

The quote is from Luke 8:45-46, NIV

[2] In other contexts, it can mean to strangle completely, or to drown (Strong’s G4846).

[3] Find out about the prophetic meaning of new wine here: ‘What is the Prophetic Meaning of New Wine?’

The Lord said to Moses, “Command the Israelites to bring you clear oil of pressed olives for the light so that the lamps may be kept burning continually.’ (Lev 24:1-2)

See the article, ‘How to Receive Your Fresh Anointing’

Your Invitation to Join the Enliven Prophetic School

The best mentoring and teaching I can give you is now rolled into this one place, on the Enliven School of Prophecy and Discernment.

Classes include: ‘How to hear God’s voice’ ,‘How to Begin and Grow in Prophecy’, ‘The Seer Gift: How to Grow in Pictures and Visions’, ‘Prophetic Discernment, ‘Discernment and Prophetic Warnings’ and the ‘Prophetic Guidance Master Class’.

Recent addition: Tips for interpreting numbers and colors.

You can view and sign up to my self-paced video lecture series in the Enliven Prophetic School here. Choose between a small monthly subscription, or a one-off payment with no expiry date.

Welcome Karen!

Please join me in warmly welcoming Karen Stuckey to the Enliven Ministries team!

Karen has been assisting me with my social media posts and some emails. You will also receive a note back from Karen if you reply to the Enliven Blog emails.

One of the things I love about Karen is that she carries the same heart and DNA as me. So if you do hear from her, I know you will be encouraged and helped!

• It has become increasingly hard for me to answer every online request. The best way to receive a response from me personally is to leave a comment on the blog soon after it’s posted, or via public comment on social media. For more information, my FAQ sheet is here.

We’d Love You to Partner with Us!

Up until now, I’ve resisted putting ads here on Enliven Blog. This is the main way people raise the money for the costs of running a busy website.

The website and email list hosting is costing us more than ever. So, if you’ve been fed by Enliven Blog, I invite you to help us by making a donation. You can also choose to partner monthly with us!

You can find our donation page here.

© 2019 Helen Calder Enliven Blog – Prophetic Teaching

51 thoughts on “Prophetic Word: That “Pressing” Is Turning To Joy

1. Rachel

Helen, This message was along the same line as my devotion today and the dreams (getting a baby, being pregnant, seeing a 8-10 month old baby left by someone? sitting on the outside of our car, seeing a new house, building a house) that I have been getting these days. This is confirmation. Today’s devotion was from Lev 24: 2
    “”Command the people of Israel to bring you pure oil from beaten olives for the lamp, that a light may be kept burning regularly.”
    Leviticus 24:2
    I was meditating on beaten olives and pure or clear oil. Pressed oil like you said. Like I wrote to you some days ago, our church plant is closing this weekend. Please pray God will birth new things as we press into him in intimacy.

Hi Rachel, that’s very significant about the pressed oil. I’m praying for you, that pressing into Jesus would bring great joy, and that you’d find the right fit and God’s provision for you in this next season

2. NkosinathiFrancisca Banda

What a powerful word ‘ the word in season ,i was so encouraged thank you very very much.

2. Grant Ross

Oh my golly this is incredibly on point for me today. Im so so so grateful. Wow im speechless. Today I had my breakthrough and Joy is here. Praise God for you guys. Thank you thank you thank you!!!

3. Teresia

I believe the Holy Spirit led me to your blog. I have a prophetic gift and I was searching for somewhere I can learn how to operate in the gift through someone who has been there. This is the right place for me and every time I read your messages it addresses me. This particular one for “the Pressing is turning to joy” has encouraged me. For the last two days The Holy Spirit has awakened me at night to pray for certain issues which were revealed too in the physical. It is amazing to listen to what God’s Heart is saying. I believe my breakthrough in this gift is coming in Jesus Mighty Name. I believe it’s God’s time for me to birth new things in my life. I am ready to be used of God. God bless you.

The Holy Spirit’s gift of prophetic intercession is powerful, Teresia ~ be encouraged

4. Jim

Yes, true word, but I also keep hearing, ‘you need new wineskins’. The old wineskins will not be able to contain this fuller expression of the Lord.

5. Stephanie Quartey

Oh wow, I feel calling me higher with HIM but there have been some obstacles, I know for sure I’m moving into a new season, Praise be to GOD for this word, I will not give up, I will press into GOD, amen. GOD bless you Helen.

6. Moira Shole

Thank you so much, yesterday I used these words ” THE GOD THAT I SERVE WILL DELIVER ME, IF NOT I WILL STILL NOT BOW TO YOU SATAN ” this is how was this week, thanks for hearing from God about my situation.

7. james Polk

Praise the Lord,
    Thank you for those powerful words of encouragement .
    Continue to be the blessing God has anointed you to be.

Your Brother in His Holy Service,

James W. Polk

8. Prudence Myeni

Thank for this message it came in the right time . I need to hear those words right now as I am in the season of pressing hard in my life.
    Good keep you

9. AKPOKURERIE ISRAEL OTHUKE

Hi Helen. You have been a most blessing mostly as I am in the studio for my second album. It has been pressing hardly on me. But thank God I coming forth with the testimony of this music album a global blessing. I receive every word spoken today. Also please agree with us in prayer for a most blissful impactful and recording that we turn many to Jesus around the world

10. Ike

This prophetic write up is awesome and it has birthed a new me in Christ Jesus. I am a prophet that needs more grace from above. Praise be to God in highest. I pray that God of all fresh will keep His light burning in this ministry as it was designed by God to touch lives.

11. Pam

Hallelujah! Today’s message is truly on point…….I have received and read it twice. My soul is rejoicing to answers that I have longed to hear. I have prayed asking God why so many times and for years, yet today I am with renewed hope. Thank you a trillion times for enlightening me. Peace and Blessings to you.

12. Martha Smith

Hi Helen, Amen! Thank you for that confirmation! Always on time. Truly God watches over his people.
    Thank you for this great, encouraging prophesy.
    Few days ago, the LORD said to me, I’m opening doors for you. You know, because I struggle my jobs-Finances; But the Lord opened a door for me in my church and gave me a job. so,one of the associate Pastors told me he is giving me more hours this week. i knew this is God’s mercy on me.
    But, i sense an attack to that! But i have decided to stand on the promises of my heavenly father: For our spiritual warfare is not canal but mighty in God….
    I believe its freely given to us, and you’re freely giving to many of us.
    It truly depend on who receive it with obedience.
    Please, pray for me.
    Thank you for your obedience to God!
    Best wishes!
    The Memorial Day.
    Thank you Helen!

13. Bukeka Guda

Our Dearest Helen

What a Wonderful God we serve for giving unto us a special gift in you. I say a big AMEN to all the Lord has said to me just now through this message. I am free, I am looking forward to yielding more as I have been hard pressed from all sides. I surrender and embrace the New that He is watching to perform through me. Yesterday a prophetic intercessor called me and told me the Lord has spoken to her about a prayer meeting with Traditional and Political Leaders. She said she knew it was my assignment and I had to prepare to minister to them. I was amazed at the mercy of God who didn’t look down upon me, while I knew I was down n out, weaker in faith. The pressing is going to produce a big harvest for His Kingdom. Hallelujah!
    Bless you mightily Woman of God.

14. Rebecca Mabuse

Thank you so much about this revelation.As my country was going thrue election time, the Holy Spirit was using me to encourage people to pray for Peace in everything hapening.I was praying for solutions.I even asked people to pray for the elect President even if we never knew who will it be.After the winning party.He led me to pray for the Parliament to be opened by prayer & not just bow their head.To my supriced whatever I asked for or prayed for they all happened according to how I asked. Thank you Lord for the fresh oil anointing.Iam pressing on.Amen

1. Eunice Cherono

Praise the Lord Jesus, the prophecy is in line with what is going on in my life now, I say yes to the pressing because I didn’t understand why, I gave birth two weeks ago and the househelp left, am all alone doing all this and that I have cried to God for His mercies asking Him not to put me off, after reading your prophetic word I Now understand why I am going through all this, I have stopped questing God and ask for His favor and Grace to press on. Amen

15. Testimony

Thank you so much Helen. Your message from God always speaks to me. Yesterday I was under so much pressure but now I receive the strength that I need to press into Jesus. I believe the pressing is turning to joy.
    Karen Stuckey, welcome on board :). The Lord Jesus Christ use you immensely to minister to His flock.
    God bless you for walking with the woman of God. The grace is sufficient.

16. Isaiah

Oh, Glory to God, I am impress by the words, empower, I thanks you so much for building my life with the words, from the day I started reading your message I began to see myself in dream an also like a very clear imagination preaching in a great congregation and church preaching and healing people, I feel my faith rising every day through the words v, thank you once again and God bless you more.

17. Maria Aleth Mendoza

Helen,
    I praise God for your life and for the ministry He has given you. I felt and I know that God is speaking to me, one on on,e through you. I am very much encouraged by how God affirmed me through this prophetic word. Thank you so much for obeying God. I know a lot of people are being blessed too through you. It is an amazing experience. I am in awe.

Thank you again. God is blessing you more and more with good health, joy and peace, and more of Him, as you do what He has called you to do.

18. Tawanda Berkley

I just want you to know that God has blessed me so much through this ministry. I glorify my Father in heaven for using a wide variety to people, tools, Himself and angels to minister unto me. It truly is a blessing to have God as my Father. I don’t understand everything all the time but what I do understand is that there is no other place I’d rather be than in the house of the Lord/bloodline of the Lord. I look forward to hearing God every time you email subscription hits my inbox. I truly pray that God pours you and all others in connection to this ministry out a blessing that you guys will receive but don’t have enough room to contain it. Blessing upon blessings for you in Jesus name. Amen

19. Chidinma

Thank you very much. I saw this message but I wasn’t able to read it until now. It vividly describes what I’m going through right now. There are so many challenges I’m dealing with and all I’ve been doing is stretching forth and reaching out to the Holy Spirit. Sometimes it may be frustrating because it may seem like no one is listening but with faith I know God had always seen me through and is still. I know He is there with me. Please pray for me.

20. Kathryn

So in keeping with the song “Jesus bring new wine out of me ……in the crushing, in the pressing You are making new wine. So the cry of my heart. I was given a prophetic word about 2 years that I would birth an elephant. As neither of my adult girls is serving or loving Jesus and the younger one in England refuses to speak to me, God has been so gracious in guarding my heart…… Jesus bring new wine in the pressing toward You.
    Blessing on your ministry Helen and on you too Karen

21. Esther Burgess

Woman of God the words that have been said are true. I was tell the Lord that I am tired of starting and stopping. Moving forward and falling backwards. There are times when I can feel the anointing to go forward in prayer and praise and worship, then all of a sudden the opposition of the enemy can be felt. The presence of slumber, tired, and distractions. It’s as if I got so caught up in things I have to do which takes time away from my purpose for the kingdom.

22. Elizabeth Frempong

Thank you for this message . My life’s story is still unknown to me because of what I’ve gone through in life and am still battling with my purpose in life. Confusion has now limited my intimacy with God because I don’t understand what’s going on in my life. Please help me in prayer to identity myself for I still see myself in the wilderness
    Thank you very much.

23. Molins

Glory to Jesus.
    Thank you Helen.
    sometimes its very difficult for me, I have hope in Jesus only.
    God bless you.

24. RISPER AMOLO

Dear Helen

I am grateful to have found your contact. After reading some of your articles, I have come to conclusion that I have a calling in prophetic ministry. As soon as I get some resources I will enroll for the online courses. And at a later date, as God wills, I will visit your school for further impartation.

Thanks and Best Regards

Risper Amolo

25. Joel Judicael

Thanks a lot Dear Helen Calder,
    Your ministry has been a great blessing for me since. This mail titled “pressing is turning to joy” time was right on time. Thanks again and may the Lord continue to use your ministry to fufill his purpose in our lives.