Novices in the New: God Has A ‘New Normal’ For You

‘See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?’ (Isa 43:19a, NIV)

When God says, “I am doing a new thing”, He is saying this:

“I have a new normal for you; life as you know it, is going to change.”

A Problem and an Unusual Coincidence

Prophetic Word, A New NormalAs February 1st, 2017 approached, my husband Malcolm and I were facing a crisis.

We had just launched Enliven Ministries, and I opened the new bank account with a deposit of $50.

The new ministry came with a lot of monthly website-related expenses.

Then, completely unforeseen by us, Malcolm’s work contract came to an end. And his pay ceased on the same day my former salary stopped!

When an unusual ‘coincidence’ intersects with the timing of God, or a message from Him, the Holy Spirit is at work.

It is a God-incidence that heralds a miracle, or Divine intervention.

And even though it was a tough time, we knew that somehow, our Father was going to provide for us.

An Unusual Object in a Vision

A few days before the end of January 2017, we were attending our home church, Planetshakers, and during the worship I had a clear impression from the Holy Spirit.
I saw a silver shoehorn.

It was an object I’d never seen before in a vision, and it mystified me. [1] So, I was looking at the shoehorn and thinking, ‘Lord, what is this all about? What are you saying?’

And I sensed Him say to me,
‘What I have for you in this season is going to be such a good fit, that you are going to need the shoehorn to get into it.
And it is not going to be something you can do in your own strength. This is a gift of My grace.’ [2]

An Hour Later, This Happened

After church, we walked into our home and sat in our front room chatting. And Malcolm started to talk about the suit and shoes he was going to wear to a job interview the following morning.

Shoehorn, Novices in the New Prophetic WordHe went to get the shoes, which were a birthday gift from our son that he hadn’t worn before.

As Malcolm opened the box to retrieve the brand-new shoes, I suddenly remembered the prophetic picture I had that morning, of the silver shoehorn.

So, I was telling Malcolm about the vision of the shoehorn and what the Holy Spirit was saying.

After loosening the laces, he reached into the box for the second shoe, and pulled out…a dark grey, metallic shoehorn.

We were utterly astounded and knew we were in a moment of confirmation of the Lord’s word to us:

‘What is about to take place is a gift of My grace’

More ‘Coincidences’ and a Breakthrough

The next morning, Malcolm was in a boardroom of a company, making a PowerPoint presentation. And I was also in a boardroom—of a different company—sharing the word of the Lord with them.

• Melbourne is a huge city, but we happened to be in exactly the same suburb at the same time

On the laptop Malcolm was using, the image of a lion appeared on the overhead screen first—on the desktop wallpaper.
That morning, I walked into another boardroom, where a painting in the room depicted a magnificent lion.

Within two weeks, Malcolm had a new job and I had sufficient funds in the Enliven Ministries account to pay my first month’s expenses.

God has a ‘New Normal’ for You

If you’re like me, and are prophetic, you love to hear about major encounters, and Heavenly visitations.

• But what if God simply wanted to take you into a lifestyle of walking with Him in a new way—encountering Him in a different way than you had before?

You discover God has a ‘new normal’ for you, in your journey of intimacy with Him.

Since the silver shoehorn incident, we have experienced many similar ‘coincidences’ that have clearly been God-incidences.
Divine appointments.
And unusual events.

By January this year, these signs were accelerating. God was doing something in our lives that we had no frame of reference for.
Not just every now and then, but we were walking in it (or into it) constantly.

And one of the unusual things about this, is that these encounters are happening to Malcolm and I both, simultaneously (even if we’re on opposite sides of the world), or as 2 connecting pieces we each have.

Now I have to be honest—I have been way out of my prophetic ‘comfort zone’. As Prophet David McCracken [2] said recently:

‘God wants to gate-crash our momentum with an encounter.’

Novices in the New

One evening a few months back, Malcolm and I phoned our brother-in-law, Stuart Allan, just had to say, ‘HELP! We don’t know what God’s doing!’

Stuart and Lynley pastor CTF Auckland, and are not only family to us, we’ve been journeying together in the move of the Spirit for 25 years. [3]

And Stuart, in his wise way, shared a word the Lord had spoken to him and Lynley once:

‘I want you to be novices in the new, not experts in the old’.

And Stuart went on to explain, ‘The Kingdom’s always advancing…and our Father wants us to live in dependency upon Him, so that what we minister is of Him.’

‘I want you to be novices in the new, not experts in the old’.

That word struck me like a thunderbolt, because every week, I have thousands of visitors seeking answers to questions on discernment and prophecy.
I’ve been journeying in the prophetic for over 40 years, and Enliven Blog is nearly ten years old.

And yet right now, when it comes to the realm of hearing from God, I’m feeling like a child starting school. [4]

Be a Learner in God’s Kingdom

‘And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.’ (Matt 13:18, NIV)

Novices in the new.
What does this mean for you today?

It’s not about a particular gift, or type of prophetic encounter.

This is about an attitude of being a learner and a child in God’s Kingdom.

Having room to grow.

It’s going to cost us our comfort, because to be a ‘novice in the new’ means admitting we don’t know much.
That we don’t have it all together.

It’s about having a relationship with Jesus. It’s about growing in intimacy with God.

What Malcolm and I have been experiencing, has been like a ‘spontaneous combustion’.

We find ourselves in a move of God we longed for, and yet at the same time, never expected. It’s spilling over onto people around us.

Our conversation every day—even through tough times—is about what God is doing and saying.

Countless times, we look at each other and say, ‘Did that just happen?’ We’re living in a sense of wonder.

Your Own Awakening and Encounters

If what I’ve shared stirs you, I want to agree with and believe with you, for your own awakening and encounters.

Leave a note in the comments section below, or on our Facebook page.

Right now, the Holy Spirit may be bringing something to mind for you, and He’s saying, ‘Surrender your life; your gifts, skills, ministry and work over to Me. Give Me your family and relationships.

Whatever your personal area of ‘expertise’ is, take off the lid. Be a novice in the new.

And remember, you have your own personal relationship with God, and your encounters with Him will be unique to you.

As you can imagine, there is a lot more to the ‘shoehorn’ story, and I’ve shared some of it on the School of Intimacy and Prayer here.

[1] I mostly receive visions via an image (still, moving, or a series of images) that comes to mind. Usually when I see an object that is silver, God is speaking to me about His grace, as silver represents redemption in the Bible.
I believe all prophetic insights should be weighed up.

[2] Prophet David McCracken is a spiritual father to us, and apostolic oversight to our ministry. He is at www.davidmccracken.org

[3] Lynley Allan is Malcolm’s sister. Stuart and Lynley are a part of John Arnott’s movement. You can see them at www.ctfauckland.com/team

[4] Jesus has a lot to say about having the attitude of children in the Kingdom of God—I will be sharing on this more in the next few weeks.

Prophetic School News: More on ‘The Seer Gift’

Have you ever seen repeated numbers—or had a color stand out in a dream or vision?

I’ve just uploaded a PDF with 10 of my personal tips, along with some stories, to help you interpret numbers and colors.

You can find it in the Master Class on ‘The Seer Gift: Grow in Pictures and Visions’.

The best mentoring and teaching I can give you is now rolled into this one place, on the Enliven School of Prophecy and Discernment.

Journey with me as I continue to add new content in the future.

Classes include: ‘How to hear God’s voice’ ,‘How to Begin and Grow in Prophecy’, ‘The Seer Gift: How to Grow in Pictures and Visions’, ‘Prophetic Discernment, ‘Discernment and Prophetic Warnings’ and the ‘Prophetic Guidance Master Class’.

You can view and sign up to my self-paced video lecture series in the Enliven Prophetic School here. Choose between a small monthly subscription, or a one-off payment with no expiry date.

© 2019 Helen Calder Enliven Blog – Prophetic Teaching

110 thoughts on “Novices in the New: God Has A ‘New Normal’ For You

1. Fungayi Matara

Thank you Helen,just within the last hour I was thinking how I was always encouraged in my gifts and was never discipled in my walk with Jesus.I went on a gift discovery spree and now I feel like I am in a space I just want to get to know more of the Lord and everything else will follow.I was even thinking how I just want to be in a new church that will not see me as a leader but will see me as a person who is wanting to learn more about their walk with the Lord.I was also thinking this morning how I have probably been trying my hardest to open doors.I am exhausted and want to walk through only the doors God will open.My prayer is for new beginnings for me!

Hello Fungayi,
      God has been preparing your heart for new encounters with Him. I pray you are encouraged and filled and find a new release and freedom in the Holy Spirit.
      Stand in your open Heaven, lift up your hands and rejoice! God is coming through for you.

2. Remi Ojo

I receive this message in Jesus name and I agree with it for my own awakenings and encounters in Jesus name.

1. Karen Shanklin

Hello Minister Helen, It has been such an honor getting to know you and the awesome work of God in your ministry. I can’t begin to tell you how blessed I been since joining you. My God, it just what the Lord order from the time I signed up for the class I can’t begin to tell you the amazing move of God that has been on me. My understanding getting clear and clear. I’m excited as to what our Lord and Savior is doing in my life. I getting stirred up even more, as you share the prophetic wisdom of God removing all of me and allow the great I AM to move in and upon me. How great is our GOD! Your information is so on point it ministers to me right where I am spiritual. I love you and can’t wait when the day comes that I will meet you. I already see it my sister in Christ. Amen. God is doing great work in me.

3. Erica Ainley

Thankful for this word. Excited to see what’s next for my husband and myself. I’ve experienced “new normals” before but they have been in a negative sense. Looking for God’s direction.

Hi Erica, I’m praying right now that what we’ve been experienced will be your portion too – a new sense of intimacy with God, and wonder at all He is doing

4. Velma Blake

I have been asking God for directions as I seem to have been in a maze for over a year. I know He is not through with me but I just need His direction

Hi Velma, Psalm 23 just came to mind for you.
      I’m praying that your maze will give way to a-maze-ment at the power and beauty of what Jesus has done in and through you

5. Ethel Polite

I had just finished praying, picked up my phone to check my email and your email popped right in God has a new normal for you. I got excited, because I am always asking God to speak to me or show something I need to move forward. I see numbers all the time (111,1111,1212,222,333,444,555) when I look at the clock or other places. I have have such a desire to move in my gift without hesitation or reservation. I usually will have dreams, but have not had any in a while. My last dream that I clearly can remember is that I went to the bank to withdraw some money. The teller said my account was on hold because they needed to know where to put some money. The teller showed me a piece of paper and it showed I received $31,000. My husband and I are trying to build a home. We need $63,000 for our 20% of the house and we are believing God will provide the finance. I had that dream before we knew how much we were going to need to put down. Your emails always come at the right time for encouragement. Thank you so much for your service for the Lord.

Hi Ethel, I’m praying with you right now, for your financial breakthrough, and may you be refreshed with more dreams of the Spirit

6. Tina

Thank you for this timely post!! I’ve been asking for God’s wisdom, grace, and favor as I am truly experiencing several new normals (naturally and spiritually) since moving away from home to a new city and state.

Hi Tina, that’s a big move. May you know His grace overflowing, wisdom and favor pressed down, shaken together and running over, in your new season.

7. Gloria A Copeland

Just had dream where I had a realisation that I had nothing to feed others on
    Then I listened to an Evangelist talk about God wanting his people to invest in themselves
    I remember that this verse Isaiah 43:19 about doing a new thing, has come up several times concerning me. And a recent word of knowledge I received said the Lord was getting ready to reveal a new version of me after I taken a sabbatical of rest and taking care of myself

That sounds very good Gloria, I pray you are fully replenished.
      You are so right – our Father provides rest for us, but we need to participate with that rest

8. Elizabeth Renou

Helen, I am so encouraged to sign up for School of Prophecy and Discernment
    In the dreams the Lord has been giving me, a brilliant color of orange has stood out a few times. From the time I was a small child I have always said orange is my favourite color.
    Repeatedly, I see 333, 444, 555,
    616, (my B’day June 16) and I repeatedly see 414. On occasion only at my work place I will see 777. Thank you for your encouragement!
    Elizabeth R.

I have seen orange in a recent dream too, Elizabeth! In my dream, it signified God’s Presence (glory)

9. Nano Da Silva

Thank you for the encouragement. Your words on the other side of the globe are great encouragement to me and often fit closely with what Holy Spirit is doing in my life. This winter has been a time of deep trials and testing in my life. I have learned to depend on God more than people. Some people let me down in devastating ways and then God highlighted people in my life that he could work through to help carry me through the trials. This new season for me started with pangs like childbirth but the tangible presence of God came to give me strength when I had none left of my own. I discovered that people will let me down and I can forgive them with the same grace that Jesus had for his own accusers. God however has provided so many surprises in between the tests that I have never felt his love this deep. My husband and I where blessed with our first grandson this January. I am seeing my world with new eyes and I look forward to the challenges ahead as I become more childlike laughing at adversity and armed with new found favor.

Hi Nano, I’m praying for you now – may that love you’ve experienced overflow – and congratulations on your new grandson

10. Goodwill

Greetings sister Helen Cedar.
    I am believing God for a career in Gospel music once a prophecy came through by missionary who were visiting our country , while praying for us they said I would right new songs and my voice has a frequency that the evil cannot stand against.
    Sometime later I started receiving melodies and words , that’s when I began writing songs .
    So I am novices in the new , I don’t have funds to finish recording of songs at studios I don’t have experience in in the Industry but I a. Trusting God he will bring guide and bring it to pass.
    “Novices in the new” you talking about me today

Hi Goodwill, if God can do it for young David, he can do it for you – a shepherd boy playing music in the fields and God took him to the palace – it was the anointing and skill he had, and an encouragement for all of us and you too.

11. Nano Pennefather

God is so good. Your message fits what I have gone through this winter. Enormous trials followed by great blessings and divine insight. I am being transformed and prepared for this new season. Thank you for your ministry

Hi Nano, may the spring season herald the new move of God for you (Song of Songs 2:10-12)

12. Ann Muthoni

I would like to be consistent in prophet gift because I am going through a session of silence form God, I don’t know why this is happening and still be confident in this gift because am just getting started and I have been told that the Lord will use me in great supernatural but am not yet there .Would you please mentor me in this.
    Thanks.

13. Linda Kopetsky

Oh, my yes, yes, yes! God told me at the beginning of the year that He is doing a new thing, will I be aware of it? Over and over He has reminded me and again today this blog gives me insight and the yes to new wonders and adventures.

14. Jaclyn Dahl

Helen,

Thank you for your teachings and posts! They have spoken to me so much! Recently God was showing me bald eagles wherever I went, including one of your Instagram posts. I’ve learned so much about what they represent and what God is wanting me to do in this new season. I started an Instagram page called Soar Through The Valley to step out in faith and share what God is saying to me. Thank you for helping me grow in my prophetic gift and my intimacy with God!

Jaclyn Dahl

Thank you and that’s wonderful about the Instagram page, Jaclyn! I was just being reminded of the eagle today myself. I just found and followed your Instagram 🙂

15. Lita

Thank you, Helen, for this Spirit-filled article.
    I got the same Scripture passage on Isaiah 43:19 last year and this became our prayer group’s theme for our 25th anniversary!
    Indeed, God is doing something new and is moving.
    As we were in our intercessory prayers, I saw a key (an old one) and heard, “turn the key”…. I do not know what this meant and still praying what this key is about? I am still praying for a confirmation from the Holy Spirit as I do not know what to do and how to go about the order “turn the key”.

Hi Lita, that’s really interesting because I’ve been praying over how to share the next article in this series about entering and accessing God’s Kingdom as a child (Mark 10:15 etc) and its been coming to mind that this is like a ‘key’ of entry, so your insight has helped me too 🙂

16. Yolanda

Hi Helen, on April 30, 2019 I dreamed of a silver woman’s shoe. And when I had awaken I begin to search the Bible hoping to find a silver shoe. However I did not find anything in the Bible concerning a silver shoe. However that day I left and went to the doctor to have some labs done while waiting in the doctor’s office, a man walked past me and spoke to me and I noticed he had on a silver wedding ring. Then when I went in the back to have my labs done the man that Drew my blood had on the same silver wedding ring. Then later on that night I prayed for an hour before I went to sleep and I had a dream I was working with two men and in the dream they both each had on the same silver ring in the dream. The first dream I had I don’t really know if it was really about the shoe, I believe now it was more about silver. In the last week I have felt in my spirit like something has been redeemed. Please keep me in your prayers.
    Yolanda.

Hi Yolanda, yes I’m learning to pay attention to those details that stand out too as Holy Spirit is often speaking through them. I’m praying for you now for the revelation of His abundant grace towards you to bring delight and freedom

17. Langton

Thank you for the word novice of the new it really stirred me up and I really need this may God continue blessing you with wisdom

18. Veronica Guerrero

That is a timely word things have been happening with me and my husband and God put us back together when I want to through him out he told me I couldn’t and I laughed God your funny ok I surrender everything I only have your promises even when I don’t see it and he’s been talking to me in new ways all around me the visions have slowed down but I believe it’s just for a season for me to learn new I told him I don’t want to be the same person anymore I’m learning to walk in faith it’s hard when I just want to cry I’m broken and tired but all I have is the Lord Almighty my husband will be delivered in Jesus name thank you for confirmation means alot new new new

Hi Veronica, I’m praying for you and your husband right now, may you know His rest and joy and freedom

19. Brunel

Thank You so much,I’m tremendously blessed by what you’ve shared. I’m Grateful! Glory to God!

20. Scotti Coles

Good morning from Canada my sister,

This word resonates so greatly in my heart. Last night we were leading worship at our congregation. It was the first night of an event of God called Heaven Made Visible. The speaker play an incredible Holy Spirit taught flute in fact he was supernaturally taught 9 instruments by divine instruction. We ended up completely revising our worship and moving into a complete spontaneous time of worship and adoration in our Fathers rooms. At that moment I realized ” I know nothing of God and yet I love Him dearly and felt like a sponge of my Father?” I absolutely love this word and I am already declaring I am a novice of the NEW and I love the learning by my Teacher the Spirit of truth.
    Thanks for the true anointed prophetic teaching and apostolic ministry you represent.
    Bless you in the glorious name of Jesus Christ!

Hi Scotti, I stayed up late last night to answer comments but had to leave them eventually, it’s hard to be on the opposite side of the world from most of my readers!
      Wow what an awesome worship time and yes definitely that theme of letting go and discovering the MORE of our Father. I have been feeling the last few days it’s like being in a library, and I’ve been familiar with and accessing one shelf of understanding and knowledge, one section, but He’s stepped me back and I realize there’s this whole massive library of all there is to know of God and I know comparatively nothing! Yet Holy Spirit knows all and it’s the Father’s delight to share with us! (1 Cor 2:10) And like the shelves, the ‘framework’ of the Scriptures helps us stay on track as we explore with Him.
      That’s the joy of being a ‘novice in the new’ and I pray this overflow for you and team in the worship.

21. Lisa

Thank you for your very timely word, Helen! I feel like I’ve been on the cusp of something new about to break forth for a long time. It’s been a long season of waiting. Just yesterday, a friend and I sent messages to each other at the same time about the same thing. It was not a coincidence to both be on the same page at the same time for some clarification. It is as you said–when an unusual ‘coincidence’ intersects with the timing of God, the Holy Spirit is at work! I had just surrendered some things to the Lord a few hours earlier, and the timing of that on the same day is no coincidence, either! He makes all things new <3 I had so many 'new' things happen last year–adjusting to being divorced after 26 years, Lyme disease finally in remission after 15 years, going back to college in my 50s for a completely new career. All of these events were huge, and yet God doesn't leave me there to be an expert in the old, but He keeps bringing me into even more NEW thing!!! Getting my first novel published soon 🙂 Thank you for your encouragement! I'm excited to be a novice in the new!

Wow Lisa what an extraordinary journey and testimony. Remember Elizabeth (mother of John the Baptist) – being older qualifies us for revealing the works of God and being used of Him to bring forth the new works He is doing. Congrats on the new novel too <3

22. Ronell

Thank you for the work you do. I truly enjoy what you share from the Spirit of the Living God and at most times your blog confirms what has been happening around us. I have had quite a number of God-instances. Even when I at times seem to loose focus God still proves me wrong by these instances.

I am however at the space between where I was and where I am going… the picture of the man leaping between two mountain peaks on your Facebook page, I just love it. That is me right now!
    I must admit that the space in between feels dreadfully long… and I am eagerly waiting to see God’s Glory manifest in various areas of my life, one major area is finances. I know God is going to shock and surprise me, His going to knock me off my feet.

Waiting is painful though… and the silence is loud!

Loving what you do and hopefully I will soon be able to make a financial donation to the site.

Much love,

Ronell.

Hi Ronell, yes I remember I used the image of the leaping man in my prophetic post about ‘the miracle is in your gap’ and I pray that for you too. That you will know what He’s doing NOW and that the Holy Spirit will both put that joy in your step and also lift you into the new He has for you

23. Ambani Sandani

Hi Helen thank you for the email and indeed I am agree with you for the past few months my focus is on having an encounter with God, I am believing God for the encounters. Also as I was reading this email God reminded me of the word HE said to me last night. HE said I will rebuild the walls. I still don’t have a clue on what but I believe.

24. Adrianne Johnson

This has been my heart’s cry for the last few months! I would like for you all to be in agreement for my own awakening and encounters with God and His Word!
    Blessings

25. Jack Hibbs

Hi
    1997 I felt the Holy Spirit laid the Healing gift on me, but I did not grow, last year in a new city the church we are attending got a new pastor who believes healings still happen today and spoke on it at bible studies, this year we had a lady at our church from “our fathers healing centre, “ My wife and I felt we needed to take their course, about a month before I seen a tweet about the 25PWC in Calgary Canada Spirit Now conference and felt a strong desire to attend , God made that happen that was two months ago and yesterday I found out there are subthemes at the conference and one is
    “Come as Oil” to bring healing to the nations.
    God is amazing he had this all planned out for my wife (Emmy)
    and myself (Jack)
    Praise God, Thank You Jesus

Hi Jack and Emmy, I love that how wonderful that God has themes for our lives and He threads it all together, you will see Him pour as life-giving oil through you, and you will be vessels to bring His healing to many.

26. Balwanyi isaac

Hi, Hellen
    Thanks so much for obeying the Holy Spirit to work in you. I must say that am so much humbled by the messages receive in my email, for they come in the right time when iIneed God to speak to me, well something happened today and I feel like sharing it to you and the people visiting this site. God gave gifts to all of us but few realize it and learn how to operate in them to help others. Today evening as i was alone sitting on a Verlander, the spirit started speaking to me about the life of a Christian, I don’t have a platform to share this message to the rest but hope it reaches out to as many Christians as possible so as to uplift their spiritual lives. He said these word, “U wanna know the truth?, fine, the truth is your life is not like theirs right now, you can’t be like them, can’t do the same things, cant go the same places, you just can’t be like them even a little bit, because u were once them but not anymore. U used to enjoy clubbing just like them, drink just like them and u used to hung around them a lot but something supernaturally unexplainable happened to you not them. And it all happened when you were around them and they didn’t seem to notice it because it didn’t happen in the physical realm but in the spirit. U later realized a voice calling you and u didn’t seem to give it much attention so it stopped. It came again saying: you are mine and my own, you are special to me and to the world, in me you are blessed, in me you are wise and you are strong and it said: before you were born, I knew you, I sanctified you and ordained you.. Then a sense of belonging started to alarm in your ears then later on to your heart.. Questions started to pile in your mind and felt the need to answer them but you still didn’t get to know who you are or where you came from or what your life is turning to be like, then things started shifting, making turns was the order of the day, you started to do things differently, u started handling your life gently but why?? Because a voice came to you and said: ‘ YOU ARE MINE”, So the truth now is you are a child of God and the royal blood of heaven runs through your veins, you live for him, act like him, and to some point you will die because of him then live with him again in the heavenly places. So now your life has nothing to do with them,because they don’t own you, before you were formed in your mother’s womb, he says, ‘I knew you, he created you, literally he gave you a life, he is your father and your God and that’s why your life is not like theirs.”
    My Email is [email protected] incase you want to reach out to me…
    God bless you Hellen and rest of you here.

Yes Balwanyi, what a powerful message, to be born again is to carry His royal DNA and forever changed.

27. Carrie Braun

Hi. I am encouraged by the thought of a new normal in the Lord.
    I am encouraged by the thought of being a novice of the new.
    Thank you for sharing.

Thank you Carrie, amen to that for you…Father’s goodness being manifested in new ways in your life

28. Amanda ( and Dan) Kuykendall

My husband and I both appreciate the writings on your website. We are former pastors and missionaries who have been out of the loop for several years due to life changes and several surgeries. Despite this, we were able to attend a conference which opened our eyes regarding reaching Muslims and sparked something that is beginning to burn brighter daily. We have lots of experience in varied fields, but this is totally new to us- and we do feel like we are starting over- or maybe as you put it- novices in the new. We have had a few things that keep “popping up” for both of us like you mention; including a very specific dream. We recognize the Lord is up to something. We can see the vision forming, yet not the way there yet- probably because He is asking us to be certain to follow and make this journey “with” Him in this new way. Thank you for your ministry of encouragement.

Hi Amanda and Dan, we were many years involved with a mission agency, and when Father shifted us out of that season we found it very hard at first! Looking back, we can see Him at work positioning us for greater things than we could have imagined. And that’s my prayer for you, you will know this is what He’s up to right now
      ‘Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.’ (Eph 3:20-21)

29. Shinua morris

Helen sister too true I say father u provided then I just give thanks sometimes no info i just say how he provides some probably just too beautiful he definately taught how too explain with patience not get offended and much more sometimes dont understand that part of u we must remain novice in God anyway bless and the ministry Glory to God

Hi Shinua, yes many times the way He provides is a mystery, but He is so faithful!

30. Jenny Wake

Amazing revelation Helen – I could sense something rising in me as I read your words. Seems a bit of an ‘oxymoron’ – getting older, yet being a novice! Thanks for sharing – I’m sure this will resonate with many prophetic people . Exciting to see what God is up to!

Yes that’s us, Jenny – living ‘oxymorons’ for the Kingdom of God! Sending love and hugs up North to you!

31. Kim

This word is so fitting for where I am right now. I have been operating in intercessory ministry for the past 7 years or so and I feel as if I am new to prayer. It is not comfortable at all. I know there’s more, so perhaps I am walking in this place of more and God is requiring a new and deeper level of dependence. The same thing is occurring with my vocation. I am a teacher and I have moved up to another level of instruction. I am definitely walking in being a novice to the new. I am totally dependent on God, whereas I don’t think I realized that to some degree, I was depending on myself. Wow!

Oh Kim, I can so identify with that! <3 Get ready to see the wonders, victory comes through vulnerability.

32. Paapa Abekah

Thank you for such a beautiful word. It really resonates with what I’ve been sensing and as always your prophetic words are confirming for my walk with the Lord. The Lord has confirmed the new chapter or new page, as well as “Auckland” New Zealand, and “did that just happen”. Thanks once again for using your gift to encourage us. Many blessings,

Paapa

Hi Paapa, yes may it be. Thank you for including your website link, I followed through and have just found your album ‘His Glory’ on Spotify and created a new playlist with it. Love the title track and your style, definitely going to have that one on repeat!! 🙂

33. Andrea Belmore (Richardson)

Wow!!! Thank you Helen. This speaks deeply into my heart as God has called me out of my normal and called me.to write a book, which l see will open doors for so much more but l have no idea where to start and l’m on a journey to learn and God is opening me up to the tools to learn.

Hi Andrea, that is wonderful! I’m praying for you right now to be immersed in His Presence as you move forward in the new things He has for you, and discover the help and tools to move forward.

34. Deb

Hi Helen!
    I was so happy to come upon your site! The word you share always speaks to me. Pray for me and my husband. He needs to get out of a toxic work environment and I am working on a book about when I was kidnapped as a teenager. I need to finish it and get it published. Pray it is blessed and that it is good! The new normal?

Hi Deb, I’m praying for you and your husband right now, may you both experience anointed progress and may your lives touch many

35. Maria

Sitting at the laundromatmat, grateful I have the funds to do so and at the same time missing my house with the convenience of a washer and dryer in it. But right before the new year of 2019
    I was in prayer and specifically asked my Father what is the word that you have for me for the year 2019. The Holy Spirit spoke to me and said, “Renewed.” Ever since then everything has changed around me. I have been following His instructions. The house is sold and I moved into an apartment. Moving forward with the instructions in regards to my finances. All this came after about 4 years of the toughest time in my life filled with betrayal,lies,and hurt most coming from church, ministry and a relationship that was leading to marriage. I hear my Father clear to leave it all amd I obeyed. But no matter what I won’t Let go as my Abba! So in that process I learned a whole new level of forgiveness and loving your enemies and intimacy in a deeper way with the Lord! I am so grateful I’m not bitter my heart hasn’t hardened. I’m not resentful but I actually feel free! I say all of that to say that while I was sitting here in the laundromat, I opened up your email it is so on time! Thank you so much and may the Lord continue to bless you and your husband all the days of your lives! Keep me in prayer as I continue to move forward in obedience not necessarily knowing whats next but trusting Abba with all my heart and leaning not unto my own understanding! Thank you!

36. Nomathamsanqa Clark

Hi Helen,l am so glad to have found this site. Thanks for all the efforts you do to empower us. I am concerned about the question always coming up in my mind,it is ,is what you are doing what God wants you to do,is it in His schedule and is it in His own time. I wish l know what God wants me to do at this moment and time because how can l know the answers to those questions Helen? Please help.

37. David

Epic Helen,

I could write so many things but will keep it short.
    In the last few months I have been seeing child’s sandals. While out running I turned the corner to see a child’s sandal on the path, while out riding my bike, I nearly ran over a pair of small sandals on the side of the road, and a few days ago I got into my car at the super market car park and as I looked up there was a pair of child’s sandals sitting on top of a post by my door. I am convinced an angel is following me around and putting them in my path, this has happened about 7 times now. I sense this is about child like faith and taking small steps in this new era in God, maybe one is coming, who’s sandals I’m not worthy to untie.
    Blessings Helen.

38. Tess

I am feeling humbled, like a child starting school.

I had never considered myself to be prophetic or particularly discerning until around 2 years ago when I was drawn into an emotionally abusive situation at a local church.

For some reason, I began to be picked on and bullied by a clique of ladies who seemed to be jealous of me.

I was puzzled as this had never happened to me before (after following Jesus for 60 years).

The intimidation and abuse lasted 2 years until I was forced to ask my Pastor for help.The Pastor was not keen to get involved and accused me of being judgemental…….he seemed quite unconcerned that I was obviously suffering emotional abuse and that my mental health was being affected…….he did not seem to believe me.

I found another church where I was warmly received and encouraged as having g a prophetic gift .

It was then that I realised that I had been rejected and overlooked at .my last church, I was looked down on, not taken seriously and didn’t recognise it.

At my new church, as time has gone on (1 year already), I am respected as someone with a prophetic gift of encouragement and discernment. I had no idea that I had these gifts in spite of instinctively knowing that I could sense things that weren’t right.

As I have grown in my gifting, several people have turned against me. This has never happened before. I can see through a false mask of spirituality which is at times most uncomfortable. Mostly I keep these negative vibes to myself and just pray about it.

Is it usual to suddenly find oneself in a season of hurt and rejection and to then find that the Lord has out of the blue blessed .me with these new gifts – it’s almost as if they have been birthed through pain!!!

I don’t want to sound prideful but this seems to be what has happened.

I would greatly value your opinion.

Thank you.

39. Elaine

The message on intimacy and the scripture Isaiah 43: 18-19 is a series being ministered at the church I attend. The title is “The Key To Intimacy”. I have a hunger and thirst for righteousness. I sometimes feel like the gifts that has been given to me has been lost. But I know the word of God says the gifts and callings of God are without repentance. More important to me is that I continue to let the Potter be the Potter and I will be the clay. I need the wisdom of God.

40. Martha Smith

Hi Helen!
    Thank you, on time message always…its for me. I have been praying for a passion! Praying to present myself for His divine appointment he have for me and I sensed his awakening moments for me the last two weeks ago, and he spoke to me through pictures and revelation but i do not perceive it!
    He has been good to me, the church we go to has embraced us with a new love and miraculously doors are open to us to participate in the church activities freely. I am also offered a part time job in the church.
    Thank you for this prophetic message.
    Please continue to pray for me.

God bless!

41. Trish

Hi Helen.
    Thank you for sharing your walk, I’m definitely encouraged. November 1, 2017 the Lord told me he was beginning a new thing, new within the realm of my imagination and new outside the realm of my imagination. That included my business shrivelling up, being literally uprooted from the city I’d lived in for over a decade and moving back to my parents, to joining a new church. I’ve always been financially independent and I’ve had to learn to wait and trust for His provision. The new church is evangelical whereas I’m coming from an apostolic-prophetic church so I’ve been struggling. At times it may seem as though all this new season has brought me are negatives but I choose to encourage myself in the Lord knowing full well no wilderness season lasts forever. Recently the Holy Spirit reminded me that all this is a part of the new as well as a part of the preparation. Lately I’ve been having visions of springs bubbling up in the desert and then gushing out into rivers and the Lord keeps pointing me to Isaiah 43:19a which you shared in the blog. Please pray for me to keep trusting and that my faith won’t wane because this past week has been very heavy on me emotionally and mentally. Kingdom blessings.x

42. David

Your posts always bring such comfort. I feel like I’ve been in a place of heightened discernment where it feels like a game of hide and seek. It’s a very interesting but sometimes painful place to be but all I have to do is trust. I know this but I often wonder if it will ever end or I should expect this to be the new normal. Will appreciate your thoughts and prayers. Thank you.

43. Ambrose Abasu

All I have to say, is, thank you Lord. I have now found a mentor for my spiritual direction and growth. I dream alot of positive and negative situations but none has ever come to past. On the negative side, I particularly dream alot of seeing myself in a filty environment and being financially very poor while on the positive, I see myself in aeroplanes and interacting with the mighty, like Presidents and Governors of my country, Nigeria. Thank you.

44. Deborah A Benford

Good morning, Helen,
    I have no idea how I started receiving your emails, but I am eternally thankful to God. I decided to finally post today because I am overwhelmed with the word on God having a new normal for me (I take it personally). I have felt that change for sometime now and was seeking understanding about what was going on. Your word today became perfectly clear to me that all of the seemingly negative circumstances occurring in my life was simply God moving me into His new normal for me. It was His way of pushing me from the comforts of the old wine skins I had been living in into the new ones He is placing me in. Just yesterday, I was thinking why did it seem I did not know very much these days. Your word encouraged me that because God has changed my normal, I don’t know this and I must start afresh in this new place with Him with the same intrigue and thirst for him as I did when I was a child teaching Sunday School at age 9. Though I am 65 years old now, I am elated to become like a child and learn what He is teaching in this new place of normal. I am grateful. I thank God for you and for your obedience to His guidance.

45. Zoleka Lusiti

Thank you for reminding us that in Christ we need to be like children, eager to learn and trust in Him. I so much desire to know God more intimately than ever, I feel so thirsty of His Spirit. I have had a tough year so far, but it has not caused me to slow down in worshipping and praising Him, instead is giving me this feeling that beyond my unfortunate encounters there is something God is reshaping and moulding me for. Your emails at all times I feel like you know what is going on in my life, cause you just come with a message that touches me and revive the spirit in me.

May God bless you and continue to use you for His kingdom.

46. Christopher B. Durden

Helen,
    Please pray in agreement with me as my wife and I are moving into a new area of ministry. I do feel that a new move of the Holy Spirit is imminent in our lives. I have these great longings, a seemingly insatiable hunger and thirst, for prayer and and the word of God, and I know this is a new normal leading me to a greater intimacy with God. I’m expecting the manifestation of it in my ministry in a prophetic way. i also feel that I am developing a strong spirit of discernment, again, that will be instrumental the ministry.

Thank you for your prayers!

47. Dinah Iribagiza

Hello Helen,
    Thank you for your the great work done in allowing God to use you in such a way, i appreciate. Actually to me it most excites when i go check my emails and i find a new post from your ministry because it raises my faith and mostly it speaks to me!!!! These days i need to know the Lord more, coz deep inside my heart i sense a big call (ministry) and sometimes i pray and it’s like i’ve not prayed enough my heart longs to see God and also to hear Him speak to me clearly!!! Oh how i need Him more and more!!!!