Prophetic Word: God Is Turning That ‘No’ Into A ‘Yes!’

I believe God is speaking to those who are experiencing a contradiction in their life or calling right now.

There is a conflict between what you believe God has promised, and what is actually happening.

Hear your Father saying, ‘I am releasing my Spirit of faith to you! I am enabling you to declare My will in the face of everything that is contrary.’

• You are not limited by that contradiction

Some Whisper, and Others Shout

Our English word ‘contradiction’ is derived from two Latin words, meaning ‘speak against’.

And in our journey of faith, there is a certain kind of contradiction that ‘speaks against’ what God has promised us. It may include:

• A weakness
  • A financial or physical limitation
  • A closed door or circumstance

Some contradictions whisper, while others shout: ‘That’s impossible! You cannot go that way!’

The Backdrop of God’s Glory

A contradiction ‘speaks against’.
And it may sound logical; it may even make a powerful argument.

But faith declares:
‘Nevertheless, God!’ My Father is turning that ‘no’ into a ‘yes’!

Faith thrives in the midst of a paradox.

That contradiction will become the backdrop for God’s glory to be revealed.

They Tried to Dim Your Light

Your contradiction may be an opinion, spoken by others.

‘But the inhabitants of Jebus said to David, “You shall not come in here!” Nevertheless David took the stronghold of Zion (that is, the City of David).’ (1 Chron 11:5, NKJV)

Nevertheless.

In the Bible, a ‘no’ is often a setup, allowed by God, that will result in a turnaround.

One that will bring Him glory.

Others may have tried to dim your light.
People may have tried to stand in your way.
But you can declare today, ‘Nevertheless, with God I can and I will!’

Her Misery Defined Her

Sometimes, a contradiction can strike at the heart of our very identity.

Naomi’s name meant ‘my delight’, or ‘pleasant’—but tragedy struck her family, leaving her bereaved of her husband and sons.

• We know Naomi was a woman of faith, because she inspired her daughter in law Ruth to turn to God (Ruth 1:16, NIV).

And yet for a season, Naomi allowed her misery, not her identity, to define her:

“Do not call me Naomi (pleasant); call me Mara (bitter), for the Almighty has dealt very bitterly with me…” (Ruth 1:20-21, NKJV) [1]

Naomi was in pain, but that was not the end of her story.
It was the beginning of the turnaround.

Today, hear your Father say:
‘No matter what has happened to you, no matter what others have done to you. No matter what you have lost, this is your identity:

You are my delight!’

That contradiction doesn’t define you.
That life’s experience doesn’t define you.

• Your spiritual heritage defines you
  • Your identity in Christ defines you

God says, ‘Who you are as My daughter, My son, defines you.’

Another Chapter is On the Way

Hear Jesus say, ‘I am the Author and the Finisher of your faith’ (Heb 12:1).

A contradiction can be like a conflicting storyline.
But the Master Storyteller has declared, ‘This is My great plan for you!’

• Those ‘facts’ may speak one thing
  • But your Father says another

And as a great Author, God is the master of plot twists and turns.

That contradiction serves as a signpost, indicating you’re on the right track.

Another chapter is about to open.

Activation: Declare, Nevertheless!’

That contradiction is not your limitation.
But yes, it does exist for now.

So, be honest.
Be like the Psalmists, who turned pain into praise.

Speak out that contradiction, and what it declares.
Then, speak out what your Father says.
‘Nevertheless! My Father says…’

Pause. Let the words of God’s intention hang in the air around you.
Feel the strength of those words. Sense the Presence of the Holy Spirit with you.

He is filling you now with joy.

Note:
[1] Strongs H5281, H4755

Is it Your Time to Enroll in the Prophetic School?

The best mentoring and teaching I can give you is now rolled into this one place, on the Enliven School of Prophecy and Discernment.

Discount until the end of April:
I’m making it easier for you to join, by reducing the once-only price to $34.95 USD.

Classes include: ‘How to hear God’s voice’ ,‘How to Begin and Grow in Prophecy’, ‘The Seer Gift: How to Grow in Pictures and Visions’, ‘Prophetic Discernment, ‘Discernment and Prophetic Warnings’ and the ‘Prophetic Guidance Master Class’.

You can view and sign up to my self-paced video lecture series in the Enliven Prophetic School here. Choose between a small monthly subscription, or a one-off payment with no expiry date.

Enliven Blog is Taking a Break

I’m about to take time out for a family reunion. The next Enliven Blog post will be after Easter, on 26th April.
I pray you encounter God’s love and power, as you contemplate Jesus’ crucifixion and celebrate His resurrection.

We’d Love You to Partner with Us!

Up until now, I’ve resisted putting ads here on Enliven Blog. This is the main way people raise the money for the costs of running a busy website.

The website and email list hosting is costing us more than ever. So, if you’ve been fed by Enliven Blog, I invite you to help us by making a donation. You can also choose to partner monthly with us!

You can find our donation page here.

© 2019 Helen Calder Enliven Blog – Prophetic Teaching

45 thoughts on “Prophetic Word: God Is Turning That ‘No’ Into A ‘Yes!’

1. Pst Joseph

Hi Helen I am a South African… really experiencing what you have declared in your word. But I am holding on to faith to receive breakthrough…. amen

2. Anne

Thank you Helen. I am refreshed as always when I read what the Lord has spoken through you. This is a timely message for where I am right now. I prepare now for a new chapter in my life. Blessings Anne

A new chapter, a new season for you Anne
      ‘He brought me to the banqueting house,
      And his banner over me was love.’ (SOS 2:4)

3. MsChimwe

When I first joined to be receiving alerts, I simply wanted to know more about the prophetic gift because I had neglected it for so long with everything that happened in my life. My fiance and I were no longer together after 5 years. I was labelled and rejected because I was the loud one and he was the quiet one. No one cared about my side of the story because in the eyes on man, only I could be wrong.
    During this time, I had seen visions of accidents and helped prevent them and I had seen visions about my future and at the time I was still bent on getting my fiance back because all I could hear was the word “wait” from the Holy Spirit. It was crazy but hard. I was directed to how God spoke to Sarah and how he kept his promise to her just like he did with the children of Israel. At first I thought I was blessed because of him until I re read the scripture that day to understand that the blessing given to Sarah was despite her bad counsel to her husband about them having a child.
    God kept his word. This gave me strength to push forward and sadly after taking this step, I lost my younger sister. By this time, I was also being cyber bullied by people so much that I left social media and the only place a person could get hold of me was either by email or actually calling me.
    It was a bad time but let me tell you something that happens every time something bad happens to me; I get an email from you telling me how to manage about that particular thing. I thought at first it was just me trying to make sense until it happened with the last email and then this one.
    Last night my dad told me to move out of his house. It been barely a year since my younger sister moved out and died after being forced to move and now he is doing the same with me. He has been emotionally harsh by indicating that its a “favor” to keep me but I kept quiet and cried to God. I remember last night making plans on where I could go because I do not earn enough to stay somewhere plus go to work and be paying transport fees. I remember telling God that I am tired and enough is enough to keep suffering injustice and that he needed to do something me. I barely slept and I woke up to the email you sent.
    Just like Naomi, I was able to encourage people about God yet I myself was in a lot of pain. I felt lost and each time I got your word, I got encouraged.Thank you. Its amazing how God uses you each time to remind me that He is there.
    I do not know what else to say because like you said the situation is there and I am really trying to declare that ‘Nevertheless’ just that sometimes the pain gets too much.

Hi Ms Chimwe, I’m sorry to hear it’s been so tough for you and grateful the blog emails have been so timely. May you know the Father’s strengthening arms around you, I’m praying for you right now

4. Tess Dexter

Thank you so much for publishing this Word.
    My gift has been pushed aside for many years…..at my last church, I was actively ignored, discouraged and scapegoated.
    Many seemed to be jealous.
    Persecution and rejection became the norm……NEVERTHELESS at my new church I have been accepted and my gift embraced….an amazing turnaround!!!
    I feel very humbled.

That’s wonderful, Tess, yes and amen to the turnaround. I’d love to share the PDF of my book, ‘Prophetic People in a Changing Church’ with you sometime

5. fidele

Thankful to this powerful message. My fears turns into a powerful yes and authoritative to enemy against my progress in spiritual and healthy growth. I resist fear and depression as well failure in faiths

Hi Fidele, yes and amen to that… ‘For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.’ (2 Tim 1:7)

6. ATINUKE BABALOLA

Thank you for this! It’s as though you knew what was going on with me in the moment and sent this to me just in the nick of time. I was so discouraged by my situation and the contradiction that my life is at present and your post gave me the perspective and hope I needed and encouraged me to stay strong and have faith in God.
    May God continue to pour into you and your ministry and expand your territory. May you always find wisdom and help when you need it.

7. David

Thank you so much. I look forward to your words because they are always relatable and bring comfort. I pray you continue to stay close to the Fathers heart and that nothing will shake you. Please say a prayer for me too.

8. Tom Gannaway

Hello Helen,

Your e-mail was extremely relevant! On the day I received it, I had been told by a potential employer that I was “not a fit” for a position for which I had applied. This baffled me, because in the middle of the night a few days before, I had a light, fleeting impression that this company was going to offer me the job (which I interpreted to be the Holy Spirit). When I returned home from work, there were (2) messages on our phone. In a nutshell, the number (1) pick for the job and taken another opportunity, and so they were offering me the position. Then I received your e-mail! Powerful confirmation to say the least! God used your prophetic word in my life at a crucial time. My “No” became a “Yes.”

Blessings,