Prepare to Cross the Threshold (Prophetic Word)

A threshold is a crossover point—a transition—an entranceway into something new. It can be a place, a moment or a season in time.

And right now, I believe God is speaking to many about being at a threshold:

“Behold, the former things have come to pass, and new things I declare; Before they spring forth I tell you of them.” (Isaiah 42:9, NKJV)

During a threshold season, you may have a sense of anticipation, but it is also a challenging time.

What lies ahead for you is significant, and you are aware God is preparing you.

A deep work may be taking place in your life.

Signs You are at a Threshold

At a threshold, you may relate to some of the following signs:

• You have recently been experiencing the call of God to greater intimacy with Him
  • There are signs and stirrings around you. You can identify with the feeling, ‘change is in the air!’
  • You may sense a new opportunity is going to open up
  • You may have come to the end of your own resources in fulfilling the call of God
  • Or, you find yourself facing an unavoidable change of circumstances in your life
  • As you look towards the future, your faith is being tested by what you see [1]
  • A threshold is not always situational. You may feel drawn to a move of the Holy Spirit you believe lies just ahead, in your current circumstances

The Spirit’s Anointing is Moving You Forwards

“When you see the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God, and the Levitical priests carrying it, you are to move out from your positions and follow it. Then you will know which way to go, since you have never been this way before…” Joshua 3:3-4 NIV

At the threshold, there is something to leave behind and an obedience to embrace.

It may even seem as though God’s Presence and anointing has lifted from where you’ve been, and is moving onwards.

• At the threshold, you may be uncomfortable
  • Your future may be in mystery

But your Father, who loves you, has a plan.

3 Responses to Make at the Threshold

Today, be inspired by these 3 people from Scripture who experienced threshold moments—and lessons we can learn from them:

1. The Threshold is a Time to Pray

There was a moment in time when Esther stood at the threshold of the King’s Court.

‘Now it happened on the third day that Esther put on her royal robes and stood in the inner court of the king’s palace, across from the king’s house, while the king sat on his royal throne in the royal house…’ (Esther 5:1)

During the days leading up to that moment, Esther had taken time to fast and call on others to do so. She knew that her life was at risk, as she prepared to intercede for her people, the Jews.

At your threshold, turn your heart and life over fully to God.

Surrender the outcome to your Heavenly Father and acknowledge your dependency upon Him.

Pray, and receive the support and prayers of others around you.

As you pray, know that circumstances are being lined up.
Favor is being released to you for what lies ahead.

2. The Threshold is a Time to Release the Past

Naomi told her daughter-in-law Ruth, “Boaz…is winnowing barley tonight at the threshing floor. Therefore wash yourself and anoint yourself, put on your best garment and go down to the threshing floor…”

At this threshold, it was time for Ruth to leave her past behind.

Ruth honored Naomi, following her instructions. She washed, anointed herself with oil and prepared to commit herself to her future with a new bridegroom.

At the threshold, just as Ruth served Naomi, God calls on us to continue to serve faithfully and to finish well. [2]

At your threshold, receive God’s healing from grief over that which has been lost and shall never be recovered.

Trust your Father to provide for you and take care of your future.

Now, receive your fresh anointing and put on the garments of praise.
Step humbly, but boldly into what He has ahead for you.

3. The Threshold is a Time to Consecrate Your Life to God

‘Now when Joshua was near Jericho, he looked up and saw a man standing in front of him with a drawn sword in his hand…’ (Josh 5:13a, NIV)

On the verge of the Promised Land—Jericho—Joshua faced the biggest battle of his life to date.

But there, right on that ground, he had a visitation from the Captain of the Lord of Hosts.

At the threshold, you may be facing the biggest battle of your life. But your Father is far greater than your enemy, and He has a plan.

Now is the time to consecrate your life to God.
This is a time to encounter His Presence and to listen, so you can hear and follow His instructions.

At the threshold, take off your shoes, for this is holy ground.

[1] For more posts where I’ve written on these topics:

[2] More on finishing well here:

7 Ways to Prepare for Your Prophetic Calling

Birth Your Prophecy in Prayer: Prayer School News

I’ve just opened a new chapter in the School of Intimacy and Prayer, with Bible examples, inspiration and ideas on how to birth your prophecy, or prophetic promise, through prayer.

This may be for yourself, or as you pray and intercede on behalf of others.

It has inspired me to look back on our own collection of personal prophecies, and reflect and pray about these.

If you have not yet joined us on the Enliven School of Intimacy and Prayer I warmly invite you to join me.

Low Price for a Short Time Only

I am currently holding the price at a low $19.95 USD, so as many as would like to can get on board ~ until I reach 30 videos, which is coming up (I’m up to 27!)

Have a blessed week, and be encouraged with God’s Presence and His Word as you stand on the threshold of the ‘more’ your Father has for you.

~ Helen

© 2019 Helen Calder Enliven Blog – Prophetic Teaching

67 thoughts on “Prepare to Cross the Threshold (Prophetic Word)

1. Theresa

Thanks Helen. I have recently been having a push from the Holy spirit to work boldly in my calling. I lost my brother 3months ago to cancer and I have been asking myself so many questions about why he died and all. But your words this morning are a confirmation that it is time to let go and let God!

Oh Theresa…more grace and glory. I’m so sorry to hear of your brother’s passing – may our Father’s loving arms be so very real and tangible to you and your family. And yes may this be a launching time for you into the ‘greater works’ and intimacy He has for you.

2. Tanika Lowery

Praying for Enliven ministries and your family prophetess Helen. This is right on time, thank you!!! I relate to this article truly. God told me, “Apart from me you will die”. From that point on, intimacy with God has been number one in my life. I now live totally for Him like never before. There is an urgency to approach the threshold; He wishes to reveal Himself to His sons like never before. Stay blessed

Your thoughts immediately draw me to the story of Ruth and Boaz, intimacy and inheritance go together

3. Marvin Larkin

WOW SO So True I was at a men’s retreat a few weeks ago and at our table we were talking about trusting Our Father in Heaven and some said I do but I would like Him to show me a miracle. I said I’ve asked the Father for Hearts that need prayer or what ever the Father wants me to do I will, I will !! You see when I pray and ask our Father He always says yes !!

4. Chris

Thank you for this, my work has unexpectedly been torn in two with one partner taking all his clients and leaving, I recently purchased my first home 6 months ago, it took everything I had so this was a worry for me having an income. The partner who stayed has offered me a job and will be starting off in a new way at the 1st of April. God has done something in my heart during this time, where I have been memorizing all the psalms so far up to 14 out of 150. And have been getting up in the mornings at 5.30am going for runs, this has previously been impossible for me my whole life no matter how I struggled. I feel dangerous I don’t know what has happened to me. I’m so excited for what’s coming, thank you again.

5. Mary

Hi Helen, I just want to let you know that this prophetic word about Prepare To Cross The Threshold, is very, very timely for me. I feel that I really am at a threshold and the Holy Spirit is drawing me closer to Him. I have been sensing something new is in the works and God is preparing me for it. Wow, what a prophetic word; so timely!!! Thank you for being so in tune with the Holy Spirit that you can actually push us forward to what God has for us!!! God bless you!!!

Thank you Mary, and yes intimacy is so precious, there are places God has for us, we can only get to on our knees…or faces <3

6. CL

Thank you Helen! Right on again for me!

God has been preparing my heart by speaking and confirming His voice that things were going to change in my life. About three months ago He even gave me a picture a veil, a threshold, in front of me and asked me to take the step across. It was scary because, although I didn’t know the specifics, I knew I had to leave something behind.

Good thing it was months of preparation for me, because very quickly this month of February He opened new doors and poured out His love on me as a consecration and confirmation that I have stepped into something new and incredible from Him. . .just starting to see it take place and bear fruit. . .kind of scary, being led 100% by His Spirit with LOTS of confirmation, but I’ve never been here before quite like this, and am walking DAILY by faith, not really knowing where I’m going.

This afternoon doubts were starting to settle in – then I came across your email. Thank you for your timely obedience! Much love –

I can really identify with you on ‘never been here before quite like this, and…not really knowing where I’m going.’ 🙂 What an adventure with the Spirit!

7. Ivan Glory

Hi Helen, praise be to the Lord. Thank you so much for the word, I totally relate with it. This is indeed divine instruction to me. I have really been experiencing this in my life of recent and didn’t know how to go about it. Thank you so much for releasing such a timely word from the Father. God bless you

8. Caroline

Hello Helen thank you for sharing this timely message. I have had dreams and visions since 2016 but I stopped having them recently and I am wondering if this is a sign for me to move into another level that God intends for me. Thank you for shedding more light by the word of God. God bless you and your work.

Yes when it comes to spiritual gifts, a lull in one area can be a signal of increase (or a wave coming) in another!

9. Esther Burgess

I am currently at a place where I feel like I’m wrestling with God like Jacob at the brook Jabbok It’s a place where I feel as if I don’t have the strength to pray, sometimes I don’t even think that I feel the anointing of God. I know that I’m in transition, learning to trust God’s hand where I cannot see him

Ooh thank you for that Esther, you reminded me of something I wrote a long time ago, here’s an excerpt:
      ‘Jabbok’ means emptying.
      At this place called ’emptying’, Jacob has an up close and personal encounter with God; one that is unique to him and not experienced by anyone else in the Bible. He leaves that encounter saying, “I saw God face to face, and yet my life was spared.” (Gen 32:30)
      You may feel as though you have been going through a time of emptying and transition.
      Know that God has called and created you to encounter Him. And right now is a season of encounter as He launches you into a new era. Hear your Father saying:
      “I have been present with you in the emptying. And I have allowed the emptying so that I may fill you, fill your hands and fill your storehouse and provision and in this new season, give you a resurrection harvest.”

The full article is here: https://www.enlivenpublishing.com/blog/2015/08/11/take-the-baton-and-leave-the-baggage/

10. Martha

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Just wow.. This post about the threshold is spot on for exactly what is going on in my life, Thank you for this word, of encouragement and also a huge confirmation. I have been feeling it for a while, sensing it. and now I am beginning to see bits and pieces unfold like steps out in front of me. Thank you Helen for sharing what our response should be during this time. I had sensed that definitely need to be in more prayer, and its also been obvious about the battle part.. largely in my thoughts, and the narrative playing in my head at times. But I am taking strides, and staking my ground ! Thank you again so very much Helen.

11. Michael

Thanks for these timely words.
    May God’s hands continually be mighty upon your life in Jesus name amen

12. Pastor Celestine Ikechukwu Ekeh

I thank God for his grace upon your life and ministry please I need your prayers and advice I am a part time pastor with the Redeemed Christian church of God here in Nigeria last year my branch had accommodation problem because the owner of the building wanted to make use of it so we got another place made advance payment before we could raise the balance the gave it out to another people till now he have paid all that we gave to him our members have are no longer together my business is in good shape am just struggling survive many have Informed me to hat I am called into full time ministry i have been praying for Gods directions and help but I have not received any answer please help me pray and guide me as well thanks

13. Mulugeta Medhin

I would like to say thank you and God Bless you and your Ministry. To speak frankly, your today’s message has something to speak to my heart. I was about to accept feeling of my tiredness on waiting with expectant faith. I am waiting for God on an issue almost for five years. I had a clear prophetic message for it. And I have seen actually clear signs that indicates the truthfulness of the message. However, the delays of the actual execution the promise created frustration. But now thank you again your message is just a call and an alarm!

14. Naomi

Thank you so much Helen Calder. I am at this point and I want to take a leap of faith but I have been filled with so much fear especially of the unknown. I am declaring 2 Timothy 1:7 to counter that. However, through your threshold article I am assured that God loves me and has a plan for me. I just pray that in whatever He wants me to do that He be a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. Thank you so much for allowing the Lord to use you as a vessel to many souls in the world. I have also been desiring to join Enliven school of Intimacy & prayer but I have not been able at the moment. I hope to join soon. I will be back here with a testimony some day.

15. Bill Robertson

Really loved this teaching on Threshold- 3 responses. Recently I was asked to be a team leader with our college and career class at church. Now, being that I am an ordained chaplain and am a part of the altar ministry, intercessors tam and on the board of Kim Kidd Evangelistic Ministries I felt that my plate would be full but I found myself although at a threshold sensing a restlessness in myself and listening to the Holy Spirit’s voice I made the decision to be a part of the lives of these college and career people. Your last words of point 2 were exactly what I have done having embraced this new time for myself. I have received a new anointing and I have not just stepped into it I have jumped in with both feet and expect amazing results because these last three weeks that I have been in the class I have been so blessed by these young people. Just wanted to say thanks for the teaching and the prophetic words that just were another proof of my faith choice. God bless you, Bill Robertson.

Wow that’s awesome Bill. May He continue to fill you, not only a ‘plateful’ but a table laden with food for you and others

16. ROBERT

I’M RIGHT AT THE THRESHOLD IN THIS VERY MOMENT!:-)
    VERY ENCOURAGING POST, AS ALWAYS!
    GREETINGS FROM POLAND,
    ROBERT

Greetings from Australia, Robert!

He who is holy, who is true, who has the key of David, who opens and no one will shut, and who shuts and no one opens, says this:
      ‘I know your deeds. Behold, I have put before you an open door which no one can shut’ (Rev 3:7-8)

17. Elect Great

good morning am gretful to God to receive such a timely prophetic words to me . Really i have sense a move and a very strong impressions in me that I have to prepared for the future ahead of me , often times is not easy with me.I had a vision that I saw a huge man walking, coming from a big ancient like palace very large.He walked and meet me and gave me a bonge of keys then told me go and take of my house am going for a journey I will be coming back some day.Then straight away i could look and see through the wall of the house inside I realised they were many children, babies, wemen many inside so I told him am but a boy I can’t take care of little children talkless of babies.I was sad I told him why could you not hand this keys to one of the ladies in ur house? he never said a word but he replied and said to me go and take care of my house am going for a journey am coming back some day then I walk up

That’s a significant vision, Elect. We are all stewards for the Lord (Matt 24:45)

18. Sonto Mofokeng

Ohhh Helen, I am so exited to be connected with you. I feel much better on understanding my path with Christ, especially during this time where I am herring my prophetic calling. It is not easy but since I had this divine connection with you I have this peace I cant explain.

This morning the prophecy you gave it is so profound and strengthens me.

May God increase you.

That’s wonderful, Sonto. God is so good and He knows what we need, when we need it.

19. Em

I feel like I relate to almost every word of this! I’m definitely in the biggest battle I’ve ever faced (it’s a health one), yet I sense it’s a very real and deliberate stripping back and separation so I’m of better use to Him. I sense fresh anointing and almost feel intimidated by it. I sense the call on my life is bigger than I had thought. I’m keen for more certainty of my calling yet afraid I’m fooling myself or hearing wrong.

Thanks so much for sharing this.

20. Geraldine

Blessings to you and your family dear Helen! The word right on time.

Unity is coming in the Body of Christ. Something is changing in the spiritual realm and we are being taken from glory to glory and to the fullness of Christ. There is a price we have to pay. My prayer at this stage is for peace and joy within the Body. That our minds may be cleansed from all the lies that are in us. Without pain, we cannot gain our salvation! Thank you Jesus!

God bless you,

Geraldine

21. Steven

Praise GOD, yes something is taking place. I can feel it I have never prayed so much in my life and Our Father has opened my eyes and heart to the Holy Precious scripture like never before. We need to march on more than we ever have and never stop and never look back PRAISE GOD and Thank You JESUS…

Yes a spirit of prayer Steven. the Spirit who prays (Rom 8:26) God is at work in you

22. Nana

Hi Helen, all your messages are always on time. I can relate to them very well. I sense a call into the prophetic over my life and I strongly believe it’s time for me to be on board. God bless you so much!

23. Andre

I Helen the Lord called me into obedience relating my calling. Which i did beginning to move, when my marriage was attacked. It let to 1 month fasting and prayer like never before. Where the Lord revealed all the things in your letter. Spot on. I m still blessed by this conformation. God bless you and your family. Wow.

24. Goodwill

Hi greetings in the name of Jesus Christ

Indeed dropping tears there and there but always filled with joy from the LORD Hallelujah, seeking him what I saw is he shows up eventually , now I know he cares and loves us for he sent his son Jesus Christ to die on the cross and rose him up on the third day

I believe I am coming out and entering into a new season it’s been hard but God worked on my faith and doubts . I will wait for the ark of the covenant to move and follow in Jesus name

Old clothes I remove

25. Melissa

Thank you so much Helen Calder this message the Threshold has really blessed my soul thanks for sharing.

26. Sharon

I receive your word that GOD has a plan! I’m putting full faith in him and believing he is in the midst and guiding me. Thank you, thank you thank you for this encouraging word! His power, presence and grace is sufficient for me!

27. Qhezu Sibiya

Hi Helen, this message just came in time. I just resigned from my work of 16 years, for no reason. I told myself I will start a business and that business idea came after resignation. I wonder if God will approve that business, if the idea came from Him or maybe I will lost all and be miserable. But i prayed about it. Thank you, Qhezu

28. Martha Smith

Hi Helen, thank you for the confirmation, I receive it. i sense the move of God in many things. Everything you say are pretty much lining up with what God is doing in me. Recently a door of opportunity is open for me to work with homeless. The spirit of God led me to pray for the homeless people and give them word of encouragement. But few weeks later, i sense the attack of the enemy. But I’m trusting in the Almighty God in all, through it all.
    I felt urgency of the Spirit of God inside of me. I also had a dream, in the dream, there is a wedding ceremony going on, but the ceremony turn out to be my wedding. In the dream i told one of the person, no i cannot have another ceremony i already had one, I’m married. And the person say, you have to marry Martha, that is the most handsome husband you gonna have……
    And i woke. And i say to myself, is the rupture here! Well, i prayed the Lord to give me time to do what he call me to do!
    Please, pray for me that God may open a door for the gospel, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ!

Thank you for being faithful.

29. Kwadjo Agyeman

I thank The Lord Jesus Christ for this timely Word. This speaks accurately to me and the season that I am in. I relate to all three circumstances and all three responses are all instructions from behind the veil.

Wow Charlene, may you know His Divine acceleration propelling you forward ! Only He can open the doors.

30. Nondumiso Bruintjies

Spot on Prophetess. I am kind of like dreaming each and everyday since February, i see myself cooking for many people in my new house. Im in a process of buying a house and my dream and desire have been to dine with those in need, especially those the community have ignored. But i couldn’t do it because of where i am staying now. My heart have been sore even if i got paid at work i always feel like something is short because i haven’t yet started doing what i am called for. I truly believe a new thing is about to happen that can take me directly to the purpose of why i was born. These verses have been troubling my heart since the day i discovered them, James 1:27 and Luke 14:12-35. May the Lord give me strength and direct my steps with my family to fulfill the purpose of our lives.