4 Signs Your Trial Is Producing Great Faith (Prophetic Insight)

I believe God is speaking to those who have been struggling to stay in a position of faith.

You may have had trials or delays in relation to your prophetic calling, destiny, or promise from God.

Hear your Father say, “Do not give up! Lean upon Me, for I am faithful to My promises and My grace is abundant towards you”.

4 Signs Your Trial Is Producing Great Faith

1. Issues in Your Life Have Been Surfacing

The same promise that Jesus gave to Peter, He gives to you.
“But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. (Luke 22:32 NIV, see also Heb 7:25)

Jesus is praying for you, that your faith may not fail.

Peter had just boasted of his faith and ability to follow Jesus. He didn’t understand that as long as his trust was in his own strength, he was in a vulnerable position.

Peter later emerged, forgiven and restored, with a different kind of faith.

• A faith that trusted in Jesus alone for sufficiency

Gold Tried by Fire

Years later, as an apostle, Peter wrote: ‘These [trials] have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.’ (1 Peter 1:7 NIV)

Be assured that if a trial has brought a personal problem to the surface, it has become visible to be removed. Hear God saying:

‘Give that doubt, fear or discouragement to Me. Confess that sin and turn to Me. Receive My resurrection power.’

You are not struck down. You are not without hope. You are not stuck!

Your Faith has Not Failed!

Real faith, gritty faith, is not having an unblemished record. It is picking yourself up, after stumbling and falling over.

It is not the absence of ‘baggage’, but the casting aside of it (Heb 12:1)

And maybe there were days when you failed to show up at the roll call of faith.
But those are the times Jesus is seeking you out.
Personally.

As He did with Peter, Jesus is inviting you to step back into His grace.

He wants you to know that your faith has not failed.

2. You Have Struggled to Maintain Feelings of Faith in Adversity

‘In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials.’ (1 Peter 1:6 NIV)

• The Greek word translated ‘suffer grief’ is lypeo (Strongs G3076), and means to be sorrowful, in heaviness, distressed.

These are feelings and experiences that seem to be in contrast to feelings generally associated with faith!

Being weak, or feeling sad, are not symptoms you are lacking in faith!

They may be signs your faith is in the process of being tested.
They are a reminder that you have a Comforter to lean on.

Faith is not a feeling. Faith is when you still say ‘yes’ to Jesus, no matter what you feel like.

Hear Him say, ‘I’ve got this. I am the Author and Finisher of your faith’ (Heb 12:2)

3. You Wonder Why Your Journey is Different to Others

The writer to the Hebrews recalls those who demonstrated great faith in the Old Testament (Heb 11).

And none were alike.
Each one of them had a unique promise to pursue. A different calling. And individual challenges.

They each struggled with weakness and made mistakes along the way.

When Peter wrote, ‘…for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials, the Greek word translated ‘all kinds’ is poikos, (Strongs G4164), meaning ‘of many colors’, ‘various’, or ‘manifold’.

No one else has the same combination of problems, or physical and emotional challenges you do.

So, don’t compare your faith journey to someone else’s.

• But do be encouraged by what you have in common.

You have the same God.

You have the same opportunity to obey—to continue saying ‘yes’ to Jesus in the face of great opposition.

4. You Don’t Deserve the Breakthrough (Jesus Does)

God commended Abraham and Sarah for their faith (Heb 11:8-11).

Yet an examination of Genesis reveals that the couple did not always respond in a faith-like attitude.

• Sarah laughed in mocking unbelief, before she laughed for joy at the fulfilment of the promise (Gen 18)
  • When bearing a child personally seemed impossible, she presented her maid to her husband—an act of rebellion and unbelief (Gen 16)

And Abraham did not have an untarnished history, either:

• He received Sarah’s maid (Gen 16)
  • When put under pressure, he placed his wife in a compromising position. Without God’s intervention, Sarah could have borne the son of a heathen king! (Gen 12, 20)

Abraham and Sarah did not walk perfectly, but they had a perfect God. And they trusted Him.

They kept following God and His purposes.
And ultimately, God pronounced their faith pleasing to Him.

So if, when a breakthrough finally happens, instead of the sense of personal triumph you anticipated, you battle feelings of unworthiness—stop right there.

The triumph of genuine faith is not that you have run the race perfectly. It is not that you have maintained an attitude of faith in your own strength.

Your faith is proved genuine when you have learned, through trial, to depend only upon Jesus.

That is great faith.

And after the great struggle—the one in which you stumbled and fell over, but still, you said ‘yes!’

Limping, then growing stronger, as you run towards the finish line of your promise, you realize that Jesus’ has taken your imperfect score card.

You are astounded by favor. And you know you’ve come home.

Pass on the gift of grace to others

Now, realize the gift God gives to you, He also gives to others. So, if you see others around you who are struggling in their own faith journeys, extend them grace. Do not judge them. Take them by the hand and help them get back on their feet.

And cheer them on.

Prayer Warriors! The School of Intimacy and Prayer is Open

When I began to experience a significant anointing of the Holy Spirit for prayer 20 years ago, I did not know how to navigate many of the encounters with God I was having.

I saw miracles and breakthrough in answer to prayer, but I also made mistakes, and had a lot of growth pain as a prophetic intercessor.

Since then I have been a prayer leader, have been a minister on a prophetic team, and by God’s grace have developed in ministry as a prophetic writer and teacher.

Now I’m passionate about helping others on the same journey I’ve been on. And this week, a long-held dream has come to reality.

I’ve just launched the Enliven School of Intimacy and Prayer with the first series of topics, and I extend you a warm welcome to join me!

Currently on the Prayer School are self-paced video lessons on:

• Intimacy with the Holy Spirit
  • Introducing Prophetic Prayer
  • Praying the Mysteries of Heaven
  • The Gift and Ministry of Prophetic Intercession
  • Angels and Encounters (started)

Also included are bonus e-Books and downloadable PDFs and worksheets.

Over the next few weeks I will be adding more lessons on: intimacy with the Holy Spirit, the prayer of travail, angelic intervention, the power (and how to’s) of weighing up encounters and prophetic insights received in prayer.

You can find out more or enroll in the School of Intimacy and Prayer here. Alternatively, you can view all online courses here.

Which of these signs do you most relate to right now? Share it with us in the blog comments section below so we can agree with you in prayer, or on Facebook or Instagram.

© 2018 Helen Calder Enliven Blog – Prophetic Teaching

34 thoughts on “4 Signs Your Trial Is Producing Great Faith (Prophetic Insight)

1. Jessie Jones

Hello! Im so elated with this word. I am presently in the fire.. My faith in God is being tested along aside my husband isn’t a believer.. Been going through so much with my adult children and of course believing Father for Husbands and there salvation.. I’m need you to touch and agree with me that my Landlord let me pay the rest of my rent next Thursday morning I have never been late she told me over the phone the 10th. I got a letter the next day that said the 9th.. I was hurtso i got to have it by the 9th. Im getting changed $10 a day for late fees all i neec is $300.00 and i still need money for food and gas. My husband is disabled and he’s got over $500 taken for child support. And what hr gives to me he takes back because he has a drinking problem and smokes. So please please please!! Woman of God Pray Along with me.My name is Jessie

Hi Jessie,
        Sorry I missed your comment in the feed until now. I’m praying for you right now, that Holy Spirit will work on the hearts of people around you and bring you relief and help and salvation for your loved ones.

1. Simon Chege

Thanks my dear sister in Jesus Christ. Am humbled by your prophetic messages to me. I thought am nothing and I can’t be accepted back to christ but I have known I can make it again. Am in Africa and my country is Kenya. I feel to share with you my private life. I have been born again since 2001 and I have been serving God faithfully. It came a time and I was tortally discouraged by salvation life bcz spiritual leaders who were responsible to teach and direct me. I feel I need to be refuel to continue. I have sinned before God and I need to be prayed for again. Please pray for me. I need to serve God faithfully. Thanks and God bless you.

2. Vanessa

This prophetic message definitely addresses my present situation. I have been (though i am trying not to) struggling with sadness, guilt, and self-disappointment as I felt I haven’t been being faithful to the calling the Lord has given me. And so I feel that the Lord might take it away from me. Your message was a soothing and sweet reminder to me from Jesus that all I need is to trust Him alone, even in my failures or setbacks in my journey to obeying His will for my life. Thank you so much and God bless you more!

3. SGBL

Hi Helen God bless you for your words of encouragement,thank you for this message it was st the right time.I am part of the choir and have been feeling a bit left out and lost.

I know that God wants me to sing to His glory but apart from that not still not sure what my calling is…

My spiritual life keeps on going like a rollercoaster up and down,I am disappointed on myself and a bit frustrated as I have my life to Jesus Christ when I was 17 now I am 22 and I still feel like my relationship with Him still not where it suppose to be..

I have been having some dreams that I don’t really understand either,I really don’t want to be a liability in the house of God neither a disgrace to Hil but not sure where to take it from now…

Sorry I need it to let it out.

God bless you and your family for your hard work.

Am praying for you to have a revelation of just how much He loves you…right now, as you are, for who you are. It’s OK not to see the whole picture. Singing for His glory is priceless, sing with your whole heart, you bring Him pleasure. <3

4. Andre Rose

Hi Helen, Hope all is well. Thank you for this timely word. My faith has really been challenged these past couple of months, as I have been struggling with health issues. I have been experiencing severe burning type pins and needles all over my body, I can’t laugh, or be in a warm place as this triggers and episode of pains. The doctors are currently investigating and have done some tests recently and I’m currently waiting for results. This is a very debilitating issue. But I’m hopeful and I trust The LORD to bring me through this. I would really appreciate your prayers and the prayers of my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ during this time. Thank you so much Helen for being such a blessing. GOD Bless.

Hi Andre, I’m so sorry to hear this. I’m praying for you right now… Father release healing to Andre, in Jesus’ Name! Let the anointing of Your Spirit flow right to the very cause of this issue and bring relief. May he be free to laugh, dance and celebrate once more!

5. Sharon

This was wonderful to read. Thanks for the encouragement. I am struggling with trusting God completely and with getting closer to Him. It’s almost like I trust Gim for everybody else but not for myself. I am working on this through prayer and studying the word. Also, I have a prophetic gifting but have shied away from stepping out in faith. Learning to realize that my gifting and all that I do operates out of His strength and not my own. Please pray for me that I come to a better understanding of who He is and of who I am in Him. Thank you very much for this post.

Hi Sharon, I’m praying for you now. (Sounds very much like my own journey)
      Father, may Sharon have such a revelation of your favor, approval and acceptance towards her that all the uncertainties will dissipate. May this next season be one of stepping out with joy in her gift and may 2019 be a significant year of shift for her, in Jesus’ Name

6. Prophet Yoel

Heavenly Father I thank you for the Gift of Exhortation in Mrs Helen Calder very timely and always a bullseye on target for the season, expand her territories of operation amongst your people and lavish in her more resources and partnerships that’ll grow her work for you Amen……I greatly appreciate and Honor your work

7. jansen

I am in great need of a miracle; a breakthrough in my faith. I have been in duress, distress, and aloneness for 10 years. The losses and trials are too many to share, but have left me depleted, alone, and depressed, wondering how to get where I need to go with the Lord. I want to be healed emotionally, spiritually, and in my identity. I am older and need a touch of God as never before; and He has ALWAYS given me personal breakthrough in any situation. I feel unloved, uncared for, and without a future and hope.
    Please, please pray for me

1. Lisa L larry

I am being challenged in many ways, but definitely in FAITH, because I have grown weak and extremely exhausted because I was so so tired and not reading or praying.
      However I just like to ask for prayer.
      Thanks

8. Gifty

God bless you Helen. You’re truly a Woman of God. I always receive a word in season from you. Your emails are like the “beautiful feet of those who bring good news”. At each turn of events in my life whether it is trials or triumph, as I seek the Lord, He sends Rhema through you either as additional confirmation, a cheer, encouragement, prophetic prayer, etc. This past week has been a real struggle of faith and it seems I’m on the verge of failing. I just didn’t feel like ‘showing up for the faith roll call’ but I thank God for His word today. I’ve learnt a lot from reading your articles and books. I pray that I stand strong and give hope to others as you do. God richly bless you.

Hi Gifty, I’m so happy to hear the messages have been timely for you. Our Father knows just what we need. I’m praying for you right now for boldness and confidence to be released even more in you through His Spirit, overturning the pressure of the enemy and bringing enthusiasm and strength.
      This is from the Passion Translation
      ‘We all experience times of testing, which is normal for every human being. But God will be faithful to you. He will screen and filter the severity, nature, and timing of every test or trial you face so that you can bear it. And each test is an opportunity to trust him more, for along with every trial God has provided for you a way of escape that will bring you out of it victoriously.’ (1 Cor 10:13, TPT)

Hi Jansen, I’m sorry to hear of the loss and pain you have been enduring. Am praying right now for you to have a special touch from the Lord, for you to be aware of His personal Presence manifest like never before bringing comfort and awakening joy. I pray for the release of resources and kindness and people to surround you, in Jesus’ Name

10. Femi Adegboye

Thank you so much for these Mrs Helen. An so blessed. This was just the message I needed at this time. Am encouraged. I was beginning to even question God asking Him if indeed I didn’t imagine the revelations HE SHOWED me but this post has encouraged me. Thanks again.

11. Jadien

Dear Sister Helen, God is so faithful. His word always hold us up in the time of trouble. Yes our faith must be tested, in order for us to move to the next level. I desire to pass every test so I do. not have to go around the same mountain time and time again. I am wearing a smile on my face even though I need a Miracle, which I have faith to believe. I am currently being tested in every area of my life. But I know God will never leave me nor forsake me.
    I was read the comments on this teaching. There is a comment for Sister Jessie Jones , I did not see a resond from you. But I wants. Mrs.Jones to know God knows every situation she is facing and God can solve every one of them. God can save her husband and turn the heart of the Landlord around. Pray the 23rd chapter of Psalm and the 91st Psalm, and see God move in Jesus’ name. As we are true to God, He is true to us. Amen
    I thank God for you Sister Helen. Your teaching which come straight from God, always helps me. Be bless and stay bless.

Hi Jadien, thank you for your comment and your comforting message to Jessie Jones.
      The Scripture about not going around the mountain – that’s one of my prophetic insights re 2019, so that was a timely comment! I pray you will indeed know the release of the Lord to bring you into your new season and to see the miracle you have been waiting for

12. Dee

Hello Helen, I have been going through different trials and test. I am a true believer iin Jesus Christ who is my personal savior. The enemy is coming at me hard, but I know there is victory close. When ministry, children, finances and I fell 4-6ft and hit my head not even an inch from my temple. Dnt know how long I was unconscious, but iawaken seeing lighting with dizziness and head in excruciating pain. I got up layed my hand on my head and told the enemy he was a lie and I would live and if I died I would reign with my Father in Heaven.
    Things ive been waiting and praying for have not manifested yet, but im waiting for the manifestion of His word to come to pass. There are a few times ive gotten discouraged and my faith level dropped, but I know God is not void on His promises. Thank you for the word it was right on point and at the right time! Be blessed WOG!

Hi Dee, I’m praying with your right now for the manifestation of God’s promise to be revealed and for you to be lifted in your heart today.

13. Beniam Abrha

Drear Prophetess Helen Calder thank you for encouraging word. I was like far country according to Proverbs 25:25 (NKJV) “25 As cold water to a weary soul, So is good news from a far country.” I believe this word is direct from the lord addressing my life and situation. I have received many prophetic word and prophetic dream but I have struggle for breakthrough, I am not stop studying the word yet I have struggling for prayer because of discouragement. please pray for me!!!!

14. Leanette

My dearest Helen
    Praise God for the message about Faith .I beleive that many people will be encourage and believe that in God Nothing is Impossible.
    Thank you so much for your life your God’ beautiful gift to me.

Pastor Leanette Jabano