How to Make the Most of Your Mantle from God

“I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.” (Luke 24:49 NIV)

I have always imagined being ‘clothed in the Spirit’s power’ to be like wearing a physical garment, for example:

• Elisha had a mantle (cloak) that formerly belong to Elijah
  • People reached to touch Jesus’ physical garments and were healed

However, a physical item of clothing is limited. Its fabric can be felt and touched; it can be pulled at, or torn. Its properties cannot be transferred to another person. In order to be given to another person, the wearer must remove it first.

In Luke 24, Jesus is not speaking of physical garments, but a spiritual mantling.

Vision of a Mantle

A few days ago, I had a vision of a mantle that challenged and intrigued me.

I saw a person clothed in a garment of many colors. These were not set in distinguishable patterns; instead, the mantle shimmered with various colors at once. And it was translucent, filled with light.

This mantle did not have the properties of physical clothing but appeared to be fluid, as though made of liquid.

I saw people reach to touch the garment, and the substance of that robe flowed out like water to those who stretched towards it.

It was dynamic, full of life and power.

What I saw challenged my perspective and—as all prophetic insights should do—sent me back to God’s Word.

7 Ways to Make the Most of Your Mantle from God

Jesus is speaking of a spiritual clothing of power that is available to each of us through the baptism of the Holy Spirit (Luke 24:49). [1]

• A ‘mantle’ is also a Scriptural symbol for a particular calling, ministry and anointing, given to individuals by God. [2]

Here are some Biblical insights I’ve been meditating on over the past few days. If you believe God is stirring you about your own ‘mantle’, I encourage you to take time to study and pray further over each of these:

1. Know Your Mantle is Personal and Unique

The father in Jesus’ story of the prodigal son ordered his servants to clothe the son in the best robe (Luke 15:22). It was a long-fitting gown of great distinction.

What God has for you is a gift of His grace; the very best He has to give.

Just as Jacob gave his son Joseph a coat of many colors, your Father has given you unique and colorful gifts.

Peter wrote, ‘As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God’ (1 Pet 4:10, NKJV). That word translated manifold, which is poikilos in the Greek, means various or diverse colors (Strongs G4164). [3]

Don’t be intimidated by another person’s gift or calling, and don’t let your light be dimmed.

Embrace and honor the unique spiritual gifts God has given to you; wear them and shine brightly.

2. Be a Steward of Your Spiritual Gifts

‘As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.’ (1 Pet 4:10, NKJV)

The Greek word translated ‘steward’ is oikonomos (Strongs G3623).[4] It means the manager of a household affairs, who has the power to distribute the owner’s resources as needed.

What a powerful truth!

You are the ‘manager’ of your gifts from God and can choose to release the spiritual gifts God has entrusted to you.

You have the power to develop and grow those gifts, and faithfully distribute them, in the context of the church body (1 Cor 12) as well as your everyday life. [5]

3. Walk in Qualities that Release the Spirit’s Anointing

‘She said to herself, “If I only touch his cloak, I will be healed” (Matt 9:21, NIV).
‘Then Peter said, “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.” Taking him by the right hand, he helped him up, and instantly the man’s feet and ankles became strong’ (Acts 3:6-7, NIV)

The power of the Spirit is released through faith on the part of the receiver, the giver, or both. Faith is intentional. Faith acts. The power of the Spirit can be released in a word of declaration, through prayer, a touch or an act of obedience.

Compassion is also related to the release of God’s power. ‘When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them and healed their sick’. (Matt 14:14)

So, foster the qualities of compassion, love and faith in your life. By faith, receive these from the Holy Spirit and practice walking in them.

4. Have a Vision of Walking in Increasing Power

‘As a result, people brought the sick into the streets and laid them on beds and mats so that at least Peter’s shadow might fall on some of them as he passed by.’ (Acts 5:15 NIV)

Peter walked and his shadow healed the sick. The mantling of the Spirit was upon him in a powerful way, surrounding him in a wide area.

May you ever desire to grow and the fullness of what God has for you.

With the eye of faith, see the Spirit upon you and surrounding you. See God’s power touching others wherever you go.

No atmosphere is untouched or immune to God’s power upon your life.

5. Highly Value Commissioning

‘They presented these men to the apostles, who prayed and laid their hands on them…Now Stephen, a man full of God’s grace and power, performed great wonders and signs among the people.’ (Acts 6:6,8, NIV)

Something powerful takes place in commissioning.

After the apostles laid hands on the deacons, this new band of leaders operated in great power with signs and wonders. Timothy also received gifts of the Spirit through the laying on of the Apostle Paul’s hands (2 Tim 1:6) and through a time of presbytery (1 Tim 4:14).

Be positioned in faithful service to others.

Recognize the power of having the gift and call of God on your life affirmed by leaders, both personally and as part of a group or church body (1 Cor 12).

6. Stay Full of the Holy Spirit

‘And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit’ (Eph 5:18, NKJV)

The Apostle Paul exhorts us to ‘be filled with the Spirit’, using the present continuous tense of the Greek verb pleroo, ‘to be filled’ [6].

On one hand, the Bible tells us that we are filled with all the fullness of God (Eph 1:17-23, 3:18-19) and that He gives the Spirit ‘without measure’ (John 3:34). But we also learn in Scripture that God wants us to pursue encounters with Him, and to seek more of His Spirit and His power. [7]

Both are true!

So rejoice in the fullness of the Spirit that you already have—and stay positioned for fresh encounters with Him.

Your Father is a God of liberality, and ‘without measure’ means there is no end to the supply of His Spirit to you.

7. Choose a Wardrobe that Honors God Every Day

‘…put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness’ (Eph 4:24b, NIV)

In receiving the baptism of the Holy Spirit, God has supernaturally clothed us with His power (Acts 2).

The New Testament also makes clear that we have a responsibility to cast off our ‘old self’ with its sinful ways and to wear (put on) our new life in Christ (Eph 4:20-32, Rom 13:12).

When we operate in the gifts and power of the Spirit, people are receiving from God through us, so walking in integrity is vital.

Make it your heart’s desire to be sensitive to the person of the Holy Spirit and to live a lifestyle that is compatible with His holiness.

This is not through your own strength, but through the grace which He freely supplies (Rom 8).

See yourself walking in that colorful and powerful garment that is the Person and Presence of the Holy Spirit and His anointing on your life.

And choose a wardrobe that honors Jesus every day.

Related Articles:
If this topic is of particular interest to you, I encourage you to read the following posts:

[1]The Greek word translated ‘clothed’ or ‘endued’ (NKJV) in the Holy Spirit is endyo (G1746). It is used in other parts of the New Testament to describe putting on physical clothing, including the story of the prodigal son, and is also used in the symbolic sense. Matt 6:24, 27:31, Mark 1:6, 6:9. Luke 15:22. For more examples, see https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G1746&t=KJV

[2] See ‘How to Receive the Mantle God Has Destined for You’ for more on this

[3] Strongs G4164 (I recall learning this from John Paul Jackson)

[4] Strongs G3623

[5] In 1 Tim 4:14-15 and 2 Tim 1:6-7, Paul holds Timothy personally responsible for the growth and stewardship of his gifts and ministry. See the article ‘Break Out of Limitations and Grow Your Spiritual Gifts’

[6] Strongs G4137

[7] Acts 4 is an example of this. See ‘Pentecost and the Language of Hunger for God’

© 2018 Helen Calder Enliven Blog – Prophetic Teaching

41 thoughts on “How to Make the Most of Your Mantle from God

1. Adis

Hi Helen, your writing is powerful as usual. I had a similar message days ago, only in a dream. I saw a shiny purple garment, that looked like it has water reflection on it. But I’ve no idea what the dream meant 🙂

2. Jacob Sichilima

Hi
    Am thankful to God for the prophetic insights you post each time. Each time I read them am lifted in spirit. Right now ever since am never the same Helen Calder.

3. Denise

Hi Helen. Thank you for your posts. Very encouraging and informative. I was wondering if you are, at any time, going to publish a book on Discerning of spirits. I for one, would certainly buy it?. GOD BLESS you and keep up the great work.

4. Yohana Puji Dyah Utami

Shalom
    I am so blessed reading this message. Two words from the message that attracted me are ‘oikonomos’ and ‘manager’. Those two words encourage me enough right now because I am on my path of destiny. The path I walk on is related strongly with managerial and economic (from the word: oikonomos) things. Several times ago, I had questions about God’s calling for my life, especially for the path of career or work I do. (Am I called to be a clinician, manager, or both?). Now, I take my graduate program of hospital managerial. It is not easy but by the grace of The Lord, I am enabled to do what I should do. Thanks for sharing this powerful message. God bless you.

5. Novis Ngosa

lts a great encouragement on how to make use of mantles in our spiritual growth, by focusing more on the spiritual impartation of the Holy Spirit without measure.
    Thank you and God bless you.

6. Veronica Guerrero

That brings me joy one day i was ministering to one of my sisters and i was going threw a battle she was looking at me and said wow i never seen this before she said i was lit up and my armor was covered in different color jems we were out side in the dark after church in the natural i have been wearing bright colors it helps me to feel im glorifying the heavens i have had two trans visions of Jesus and each these colors i cant explain there bright and not of this world

7. Yohana Puji Dyah Utami

Shalom
    I am so blessed with this powerful message. Two words that attract me are ‘oikonomos’ and manager. Those two words give me assurance about my destiny. Several times ago, I asked God about my destiny (am I called to be a clinician, manager, or both?). Now, I am taking my graduate degree of hospital manager at university. Not by my strength but by His Spirit, I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. It is grace upon grace for my life. Thanks for sharing. God bless you.

8. Godwin-Isaac

Greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
    Honestly, this message has come to me at the very right time. I am now in the University, still holding on to the work of God and believing God to help me raise some workers (youths) like me for His own kingdom expansion.
    I really appreciate God for His Grace upon you. Remain blessed.

9. Wilson Mutundi

Thank you for the powerful word of God.

Indeed my life is changing from today after reading through.

May you post more and may the Lord Bless you.

10. Emmanuel

Glory be to God and His Son Jesus Christ for this word of confirmation. Yesterday I was praying and Joseph came to my mind. All of this message is a confirmation to me even scriptures I thank God.

11. RoShanda

MS. Helen,

Your encouraging words are always on time. This ministers greatly with what is happening right now in my life. To move forward with the holy spirit in what he is calling me to do. Thank you so much and God bless you

12. Judith Thompson

Good day it’s always such a pleasure to hear from you. Somehow the Holy Spirit always use you to minister to my situations. Some would say coincidence but I know it is God’s Holy Spirit that always connects you with my situations. Thanks for always being in touch. As soon as I am more financially sound I would love to purchase some of your books and register for some of your courses. Until then please keep praying for God to to teach me how to bring out the vision of prophetic evangelism that he has placed in my heart and that I may continue to grow in Him.

Hi Judith, I’m happy to hear you’re finding the posts timely – that’s Holy Spirit at work, I love how He ministers that way.
      Praying for you right now re the prophetic evangelism, may you grow and bear much fruit through this powerful gift

13. Bethany Johnston

Thank you Helen for this word. This is so true and timely for me. Prior to being baptised in the Spirit about 50 yrs ago, Holy Spirit gave me Luke 24.49 telling me to go to a city…. so today in your email, it really spoke to me. Also I’m soon to go to overseas for a prophetic leaders conference. I have read and am applying all your teaching in this subject . I have so much to learn and I’m so grateful, Serving Jesus with a grateful heart

Hi Bethany, I loved hearing some of your story, thank you for sharing! Have a blessed time at the conference!

14. William Munthali

Hello Helen,
    Thank you very much for this wonderful and impacting teaching! I am absolutely blessed and I really wish that I had known your work earlier. You are truly blessing the entire body of Christ. May the Lord continue to bless you abundantly for your great encouragement and empowerment to the body of Christ.

15. pedro pondoc

God talk in different ways,God confirm me the status of my plans in this wonderful insight of His Word,,bless His Holy Name..Thank you Holy Spirit of the Living God. more power in the Name of our Lord Jesus.

16. Rebecca Wellington

Hello, Anointed Woman of God, am so glad to have found the comment box today. I read, learn and make notes on all the emails you send to me. God speaks to me through each topics you send to me. I believe I have the prophetic anointing. Signs have been following the messages, dreams and visions God is been sending through me. Am a little confused because I have had few attacks from two places of where I used to worship. I feel the call, gift and anointing upon me strongly but I don’t know how to go about it. I was baptized and confirmed in the Methodist Church but in the past years I have been in the Charistimatic Churches from Ghana to the United States of America where am residing now. I believe I have to come out and use the Mantles of God upon me but how I don’t know. I read your first posting to me with the topic “The Signs of Prophetic Calling” that was when I had a clear confirmation from God that His hand is upon me. Am still seeking His face to how, when and where He wants me to begin and use these gifts useful for His kingdom. Thanks and believing to hear from you soon. May the Lord give you guidance, directions, and answers for me as you seek His face on my behalf in Jesus name, amen. I have so many times desired to take some of your online classes which pertains to my calling but because of financial hardships, due to medical reasons, I always pause at the payment page, very sad isn’t it. But am trusting God for His own time and breakthrough for the physical certifications and licensing. God bless you prophetess Helen, I believe you are a true blessing to both the new and old servants of God.

17. Martha Smith

Hi Helen!
    Its just amazing how we get connected to each other! Your emails are so powerful every time i ponder! I sense that God is preparing me through you for bigger things! Even though i felt I’m weak and not worthy! I thank God for You!
    Thank you Helen!

18. James

Wow, thank you for this insight, it was this morning when i was telling a friend how possible one can turn out to be a prophet of God i told him that when the spirit of God put a word into your heart to tell some one that word can be a prophetic massage to them so you need not to keep quiet with it but speak it out to help save, lift and exalt that person so am not surprise to see this powerful one, i can only say thank you

19. Priya Wilson

Hi Helan,

Thank you for the message from GOD. I found your emails very timely, for whatever situation i am going through. Today I Saw your prophetic message I am praising GOD because of this message. I was particularly asking God about my calling. This message just confirmed. Thank you

20. Geraldine

Hi there. I have been waiting on the Lord to connect with people like you. Thank you so much. Thank you Father! What amazes me constantly is how our Father constantly confirms His Word. I have been spending too much time, for too long on my bed, learning and now is the time for the fig tree to blossom. I have many fleshly sins to overcome. This past week, He has been telling me to start taking better care of myself. Praise God for sending me new friends, His friends. A great big God Bless you all.

21. Prudence Myeni

Helen
    Thank you for the message, there are signs of the mantle . dreams that I had, things that happened when I am praying at church or at home. sometimes I see , sometimes I hear a clear voice, sometimes I feel. The gift of healing is already manifested.

Thank you Helen I will pray.