Prophetic Word: The Tiller – ‘You are the One I Have Chosen!’

Recently, I felt the Holy Spirit pull my attention towards an object propped up against a corner of my office wall.

As I looked closer, I noticed it was the tiller from my husband’s small yacht. [1]

A tiller is used to steer a yacht. It is a lever and stick that connects to the rudder, which directs the boat to turn left or right.

Today, I believe God is saying to many, ‘I am calling you back to your life’s central purpose.’

‘When you are secure in My greatest purpose for your life, you will stay on track. I will lead you in ways that will astound and amaze you.’

Don’t Lose Your Purpose

I remembered that a few months ago, when my husband Malcolm went to the yacht club to sail his boat, he saw the tiller was missing.

Without that piece of equipment, he couldn’t sail.

He could get the boat into the sea; he could put up the sails. But without the tiller controlling the steering, that yacht would be at the mercy of the wind, waves and tide.

• With no tiller, the boat could end up anywhere—on the rocks, out to sea, or remaining at the shoreline

Like that tiller, when our core purpose is securely in place, it directs everything we say and do.

When we don’t have a firm grasp on our life’s central purpose, we can be buffeted about by circumstances, our feelings, or the opinions of others.

The Tiller was Restored

Malcolm returned home that day disappointed, because a new tiller could be expensive. He asked around the yacht club and heard nothing.

• But the next time Malcolm went to his yacht, there was another tiller in his boat!

It wasn’t his old one; it was a better, higher quality one. He was grateful for the kindness of an anonymous giver.

The Holy Spirit is at work, revealing the Father’s purpose for your life. And if you feel as though you have lost your heart’s sense of purpose, He is restoring it to you.

Overlooked by People but Chosen by God

In 1 Samuel 16, God sends the prophet Samuel to anoint the next king of Israel, from among Jesse’s sons.

Seven fine looking young men are paraded before Samuel.

Seven—it is the number of completion, of perfection—and yet God speaks to Samuel and says, ‘I haven’t chosen any of these’.

• When Samuel asks Jesse if there another son, he finds out there is one more boy who has been overlooked

David is the eighth son; he is the youngest and is out in the field taking care of the sheep. When he is finally presented, God says to Samuel, ‘Rise and anoint him. This is the one!’ (1 Sam 16:12)

This is God’s word to you today: ‘YOU are the one! I have chosen and anointed you. I call you, ‘Beloved!’

You are Called, ‘Beloved’!

The name David means, ‘beloved’ [2]. And this speaks of the heart of this young man’s purpose and identity:

• He loved God and knew he was loved by Him.

When no one was watching, when nobody cared—as he was doing menial duties in the fields—David was worshipping with all his heart.

Like David, your identity and your purpose, first and foremost, is that you are loved by God and chosen to be His.

And you may wonder why you are stuck in the mundane while you dream of greatness, but your Father says,‘I have not forgotten you! You are the one I have chosen!’

This is Your Security in Life’s Greatest Trials

Just as the yachtsman grasps the tiller—the boat’s steering—you can hold on, no matter how rough life gets. You are secure in your God-given identity and your reason for living.

Before David reached his destiny of kingship, came a terrifying moment when it seemed he had lost everything (1 Samuel 30) [3].

While David had led his men away on a fruitless mission, an enemy had come to their town Ziklag. Their homes were burned, their possessions ransacked and their families stolen away.

The men were so angry, they wanted to kill David.

At that critical moment, stripped of everything, David returned to his single guiding purpose. He turned to God (1 Sam 30:6).

When David had nothing left, he still had his relationship with God. He was able to trust.

And because of that, not only was everything restored to him, he was able to step into his destiny of kingship.

• When trouble comes, and things don’t seem to be working out the way you want or expect, know that you are secure in your central guiding purpose.

The Holy Spirit is at work today ministering to you, healing your heart. Hear the Father say, ‘You are significant. You are chosen. You are my Beloved’.

[1] A photo of the tiller is in the above photo. Malcolm’s yacht is a small one-person (2 max) sailing and racing yacht (or sailing dinghy) called a laser.

[2] Strongs H1732

[3] See my article with more insight on this story of David and Ziklag here: ‘4 Things You Can Do in a Crisis’

3rd Edition of ‘Unlocking the Gift of Discernment’ Now Available

In this third edition of ‘Unlocking the Gift of Discernment’, I have added a chapter on five specific spiritual attacks discerners face and how to overcome each one. I have also added new content and finished with an inspirational chapter on how the gift of discernment can propel you into an encounter with God’s glory!

Here’s the complete chapter list:

1. Introducing the Spiritual Gift of Discernment
2. Signs You may have the Gift of Discernment
3. Your Heart as a Discerner
4. How to Grow Your Gift of Discernment
5. Ministry Areas that Benefit from the Discernment Gift
6. Tips on Exercising Discernment in Church Life
7. Focus on the Spirit, Feed on God’s Word
8. Freedom from Fear of Evil
9. Protection for the Discerner
10. How to Overcome Spiritual Attack
11. Encounter God’s Glory

To view ‘Unlocking The Gift Of Discernment’ in our e-store, click here

Note: All transactions are secure using PayPal and we do not pass your information on to third parties. Our store will convert to your currency. Available for download in PDF (114 pages) and ePub

I pray you receive a fresh anointing, as you pursue God in your personal relationship with Him this coming week

From our home in Melbourne Australia to yours,

Helen Calder

© 2018 Helen Calder Enliven Blog – Prophetic Teaching
A part of the David McCracken Ministries family

51 thoughts on “Prophetic Word: The Tiller – ‘You are the One I Have Chosen!’

1. Trina

Praise the Lord!!!! What a Word to receive on My Birthday. Hallelujah Thank you ABBA. The Lord has been dealing with me on realigning my heart to his purpose and will. Right on time!!! We are his “Beloved” and I know “I am Chosen”. Thank you and God Blessings be multiplied unto you and your ministry. In Jesus Name.

2. Josefina Romero

Beloved sister in Christ,
      Your message to me today is one of affirmation and confirmation. I now know that God is indeed anointing me on this day through your words and presence.I have felt so unloved,neglected and forsaken.I’ve cried out to God for discernment and now I’ve received.Thank you for your impartation as recently I had a vision of the Heavens opening and glorious light emanating from it .It opened in a horizontal position and wow! God’s prophetic vision and word are being fulfilled.I receive it and claim it, dearest daughter of the Most High.Receive Abundant blessings from the Heavenly realm. Praise the Holy Lamb who God who bore all our iniquities .

You are much loved by God, Josefina!
        Awesome vision…Thank you for leaving the note

3. Abibatu Koroma

Helen,
      Thanks so much Helen.
      I had the opportunity today to read through my emails and all posts.
      The message posted was for me as I was in a resolution stage during that time the message was sent.
      I now believed our God still speaks through His people to bring delieverance to His people.
      I can tell you I am on tract as I was in tears in front of others at church because I felt that i have failed God and my pastor because I have not done or focused what was assigned to me.
      Your word was a confirmation.
      Thanks
      God richly bless you.

1. Pam

Good day Helen,
    I am really inspired by the emails you send and they really speak to me they really speak to me through the word of God and today I am in a process of knowing my purpose in life so that I don’t get tossed to and fro.
    Blessings

2. DOMINIQUE WOULLARD

Thank you so much for this inspiring word today it really speaks volume to where I’m at in life I’m very grateful that you allow the Holy Spirit to use you to deliver this message I pray you continue to advance and your ministry and grow in your spiritual walk with God thanks again with much love Dominique

3. sybil

Dear Helen

Your words of encouragement speaks to my heart. Praise the Most High God! I know undoubtedly that the trails and opposition I am facing at work I am well able to handle coz our Heavenly FATHER is with me. I am strong and courageous because He is with me.

4. Lisa Vaughn

Love it! Love it! Love it!
    From God’s mouth to your heart.
    Absolutly confirmation to me! I can’t put words or the tears to what this confirms to me after God just gave this exact same word to me on yesterday through his Holy word and then to get confirmation again on today through you. I must say that “tiller” testimony
    just sent it home and made my year! I am chosen and I am the tiller. Thank you and may God continue to bless you and keep you and your family! Amen

5. Ruth Nyandoro

Woooowwww.

This is spot on. I went through a faith testing period in the last couple of weeks and had moments where I began to wonder if all that I had believed about Jesus and the call on my life were true. I felt insignificant (particularly today) and nothing made sense but somehow felt that I only needed to be positioned in God to move forward. Holy Spirit was downloading a lot of stuff this morning and I got slightly afraid thinking, I had made a plan on how I would go to God in prayer for the next couple of days, but I felt led to something totally different and was assured to follow in the leading of Holy Spirit and not be afraid that what I had wanted to be the workplan was certainly not the things god wanted to reveal.

Ruth

6. LaVetta Thomas

This is so Me! Thank you for that Rhema word it came right on time and encourage me deeply! I’m in tears! Bless you!

7. Thuli

Wooow!!! I’m just speechless, God have been revealing things to me this week, emphasizing that I am the chosen one, He even used the name significant, didn’t know what He was talking about in my dream/vision, now I know.

Thuli

8. Wanda

God bless you! I been going through a rough time. This message had me crying so, I could hardly read it. My heart was filled with hope and inspiration. Thank God for you.
    May God bless you for your faithfulness.

9. Harold Kirk Richardson

There is a remnant of believers that have been overlooked, forgotten and downcast by the Body of Christ at large. A Body of Christ so infatuated with titles and positions that they have forgotten to be servants. Job 32:21-22 says, “Let me not, I pray you, accept any man’s person, neither let me give flattering titles unto man. 22 For I know not to give flattering titles; in so doing my maker would soon take me away.” Even the Lord Jesus Christ Himself says in Matthew 23:11-12, “But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant. 12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.” What is so wonderful about the Coronation of David upon the Throne is that he was just worshiping God in the fields, dirty, forgotten but yet without a care in the world. The Joy of the LORD was truly David’s strength! I don’t care about titles, positions, organizations, sacrilegious ordinances, the traditions of men nor the accolades of counterfeit praise from deceitful hearts. 1 Samuel 16:7 says, “But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.” Let our hearts be clean before the Lord GOD so that He can call us His Beloved, just like David! Amen!

10. Christine

This is so on point! I have been is such a wilderness! I know God is bringing me out. Thank you for the encouraging words! This spoke directly to me ! May God continue to bless you!

11. RoShanda

Oh my goodness, when I opened this message this morning it spoke to me on so many levels. I was talking to God on my way to work and this is literally what our discussion was about. Thank you,
    Helen and father God for using her to speak to your people.

12. Rahul Lohra

Thanks for sending me the word of God which is exactly happening in my life. All words matched to my life. Thanks i am renewed and encouraged. God bless you richly and use you mightily for his kingdom.
    Thanks
    Rahul Lohra

13. Priya

Thank u for this encouraging prophecy that made me jump for joy i know Godcalled me for a purpose , was discouraged asking the lord when my time will come , i will wait patiently for his perfect and i was very blessed to read thia powerful prophecy God bless.

14. Stephen Baker

w3hat is my mission on the earth because I have failed in many big big ways and I don’t think I have a chance at GOD ever forgiving me again I posted also in the facebook page about me being a tribulation saint and I don’t know if GOD wants me back

15. Bruce

Just like so many replies stating how relevant your blog in our lives is and the working of Father in that is wonderful.
    But first thank you l have been subscribing for a while now and always you remain so intune, thank you the Lord bless you.
    A while ago l was told through our prophet l am to be an Apostle and here you are chatting about purposes found. I need guidence in this as the Lord is the one through me not me and myself alone.
    Thanks again.

16. Susan Caley

Your words really spoke to me.This week so many things that I have had to do I feel have squeezed out of my life my
    ‘rudder’and i’ve lost sight of my life’s purpose.I needed to hear that I am still the Lord’s beloved and he has chosen me.Health problems mean i’m unable to have much Christian fellowship but thank you for reminding me that God does have a purpose for my life.,and that He has chosen me,wow!The Lord has also been emphasising his desire for me to be holy’’I live in a high and holy place and with him who is humble and contrite in spirit and trembles at my word’.The Lord will perfect that which concerns the me.

17. David

Hey Helen,
    So great, I love how God speaks through the natural realm.
    I use to work in a tool hire company and one of the pieces of equipment we would hire is a machine called a tiller ( used for turning soil) to prepare it for planting new growth. This is what came to mind when I started reading your article as I have never related that word to anything else.
    Some of the things in your article that I relate to are David (my name) being in a field (a place to till soil, a replanting for new growth, but also David being the 8th Son, 8 the number of new beginnings)
    One of the main things is how we need to connect with God to do our part, he provides the Ocean and the wind, but we need to organise ourselves with the yacht. (It sounds random how the tiller made it into your office )
    Blessings Helen.

Yes I thought of the soil-turning tiller as well! It was only the ’tiller-gone-missing’ incident that has educated me on the yacht’s equipment (I knew sails and hull). It’s been relocated to home so it doesn’t get ‘borrowed’ again but I hadn’t noticed it sitting there for a while!

18. martha

my spirit is encouraged with what you wrote about David.. I am a female Davidmaover looked and rejected by my family. But I know that I know that I am His beloved! I have not always known that.. that has only been a recent discovery. Thank you for your honest encouragement Helen. Love the picture your drew with the Tiller. that is a fabulous mental picture!

19. Terri

Yes…needed this. Will meditate on it and pray over and through it. Thank You, Jesus! Bless you, Helen.

20. Serge

Thank you Helen, the words are so timely. You dont know how much encouragement it brings to me. Speciaw now that i am going through something difficult as someone who has the gift of dreams and vision. Agaon, thank you for that and may God bless you u more.

21. Olaniyi Cole

Hello Helen,
    Many thanks for this Spirit lifting re-assurance message from God.
    The story of the call of God upon my life with the kind of attack: both spiritual and physical I have experienced so far have so much similarities with that of David.

The feeling in the last couple of weeks has been that of being forsaken.

Reading your message now is like it’s made particularly for me.

Sometimes, the whole thing could be realy frustrating when events and people around you do not seem to agree or align with clear words of prophecy I have heard concerning the Call of God and what He intend to use me to do.

This message serves as the right tonic I need to continue to hold on to the great promises of God upon my life

God bless you Helen, I am blessed.

Olaniyi.

22. Andre Rose

Hi Helen! Thank you for this much needed timely word! I have been under so much heavy spiritual attack at the moment…. and reading this was like a pause in time so I can sip from the stream of living waters to receive healing and restoration! God Bless you Helen!

23. Jules

Thanks Helen. Saw a dream last night where my husband(a pastor) gave me a pillow written: I am coming for you. Guess this is a confirmation. Been Asking God for direction towards my calling. I trust Him to come through.

24. Jacquelyn

Wow! My Christian sister sends me your blogs – from time to time. And whenever she does send them, they are always very timely! This one is spot on and time would fail me in telling how the Lord has spoken through all the illusrations you have used! Thank You Jesus for this powerful prophetic word & thank you Helen for your obedience. I receive it in the mighty name of Yeshua Hamashiach

25. Neo Ngesi

Good morning Helen

I dont know how long have i subscribed with the Enlivenblog and today is my first time reading your email. God is really speaking with me here because I dont know my purpose anymore, I really believe in God and need to know my purpose in life and wants to be God’s messenger as He have planned about me.

I have lost the God given Prophecy gift and I really need it back to work for God the way He intended me to be, please help

Amen

26. Hamuli

Hellen , I am so sorry I was not able to respond for familiars struggling’s.
    If it is possible I need your prayers support for my second named Zawadi Martine34year.
    She left university degree because of a Nigerian young boy who said he wanted to marry her.
    He took an other girl from his country has 2kids with her and has 2 kids with my daughter who now
    is in polygamous marriage. Me and my wife are affected trying to convince our daughter to quit
    the man but she doesn’t listen to us we are praying and praying but no any change.
    However thank you for the last lesson sent me may the Lord bless you.
    HAMULI.

27. emmmanuel tetteh

Thanks Helen. is a blessing meeting you. i have series of dreams the whole of last week. God showed me a dream concerning the local church i fellowship with. things are not really working as it should. i believe God is drawing my attention to stand in the gap in prayer for the church for things to be transform. i believe strongly about what you are saying and is a blessing meeting such people like you. i would like to know more about the Holy Spirt. bless you