Prophetic Insight: He is Coming to You as Fire

Have you ever prayed, ‘Lord, show me Your glory’, or asked for more of God’s fire?

There are times when God comes softly, and there are times He comes as Fire. And I believe now is one of those times, for many of us who have been hungering for Him—a time when He says:

‘Beloved, this is what you asked for, when you earnestly desired Me and craved My glory and brightness. You called for My fire.’

And you see Jesus as you have never seen Him before.

The Apostle John was stunned, as he encountered Him like this:

‘The hair on his head was white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace…His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.’ (Rev 1:14,16, NIV)

What does Love look like?

Because God loves you and because He values you as a priceless treasure—more than gold, silver or precious jewels—there are times when He will draw near to you with His fire.

God’s fire speaks of His Presence and His glory. His love, His holiness. Fire speaks of Who He is.

‘…our God is a consuming fire.’ (Heb 12:29)

The Prophet Malachi wrote:

“But who will be able to endure it when he comes? Who will be able to stand and face him when he appears? For he will be like a blazing fire that refines metal, or like a strong soap that bleaches clothes. He will sit like a refiner of silver, burning away the dross. He will purify the Levites, refining them like gold and silver, so that they may once again offer acceptable sacrifices to the Lord.” (Mal 3:2-3, NLT)

To love God is to honor and welcome Him as the One Who is many things to us. He is Saviour, Healer, Shepherd, King, Prince of Peace.

• He is also Consuming Fire

In this moment of revelation, we have a choice. Will we give Him the desire of His heart, or draw back?

Will we yield to the temptation to keep something from His holiness?

Because His fire scorches that which is unholy. The fire of His holiness consumes sin and self-will, but offers in its place, wealth beyond imagining:

Intimacy with the Beloved.

Oh, how He wants you.

‘Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame.’ (Song of Songs 8:6 NIV)

The Invitation

There is a choice; one Jesus will not make on our behalf. It is a decision only we can make.

‘In a large house there are articles not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay; some are for special purposes and some for common use.
Those who cleanse themselves…will be instruments for special purposes, made holy, useful to the Master and prepared to do any good work.’
(2 Tim 2:20-21, NIV)

• ‘Those who cleanse themselves.’

The opportunity to make an offering of your all to Him—to present yourself to His fire—yields unlimited possibilities.

It is time for consecration:

• To dedicate your heart, mind, body and whole life to Him
  • To allow the Holy Spirit to put His finger on whatever aspect of your life and your will He pleases, to bring adjustment

Gently, and yet relentlessly, your Father reveals the work that needs to be done.

It is His offer of supreme grace.

In that place of raw honesty, where nothing hides, you yield the soul attitudes that have dampened your joy, and the pain and that history to Him.

In His love, He pulls you into His fire and His purging flame burns up what is not of Him.

Mercy prevails, removing all shame.

You discover a greater intimacy with Him than you have known before.

The Fire Burns in You

Jesus speaks to His lukewarm church, echoing the words of the Prophet Malachi.

• He comes to us as the Refiner with fire; the Heavenly Launderer (Mal 3:2-3), saying:

‘I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.’ (Revelation 3:18, NIV)

As we respond, He purges, He fills, He replenishes.

The fire that cleanses the impurities now causes the vessel—you—to glow with a Heavenly brightness.

The same fire that removes what has bound you, now burns in you.

It is a fire of His holiness. What once hurt and defiled you, has been removed. And in its place, you contain the fire of His bright, glorious Presence.

You know the touch of the Master.

My Prayer

‘Father, I know Your call is going out. And I ask for those Whose hearts resonate, who say ‘Yes!’ to You—who have asked for You to come with fire and who have perhaps, up until now, not known what they have asked for. And they are catching a glimpse.

Come, by Your Spirit.

And make them Brave.

Enliven Prophetic School News

‘Like Elisha did, you will see and perceive the heavenly in a way you have never done before’’

I’ve recently added several videos to the ‘Introducing Prophetic Discernment’ Chapter, including:

• My discernment story, and how I experienced transformation after years of trial in my discernment ability
  • See Jesus: You can keep your senses open to the Holy Spirit, wherever you are. I let you in on a couple of my recent experiences

You can view and sign up to the self-paced video lecture series in the Enliven Prophetic School here. Choose between a small monthly subscription, or a one-off payment with no expiry date.

Modules on the School are suitable for beginners and currently include: ‘How to hear God’s voice’ ‘How to Begin and Grow in Prophecy’, ‘The Seer Gift: How to Grow in Pictures and Visions’, ‘Discernment and Prophetic Warnings’ and the ‘Prophetic Guidance Master Class’

© 2018 Helen Calder Enliven Blog – Prophetic Teaching
A part of the David McCracken Ministries family

57 thoughts on “Prophetic Insight: He is Coming to You as Fire

1. Sashi

How great that God does some great work and continues to confirm it through his Prophets! Thank you Helen, again great articulation of what God is doing. And may the fire burn strong! God bless

2. Peter

So this might sound weird right.

Hi. My names peter and I’m 16 years old. About a year ago at a youth conference God personally revealed two things to me about my purpose. Two words ‘prophecy’ and ‘servitude’. At first I was freaked out not understanding what prophecy is. But overtime God’s used me to speak his heart in words for people. Today was an interesting day for me today. It was a day of firsts. Today was the first time I fasted (partially) because I felt called me to do it. Today I then asked God to speak to me. Not about a person or anything else, just for god to speak.
    I then received 4 pictures in my minds eye. First one was of a stone bucket filled with water with a Stone lid on it. you couldn’t see the water just an ordinary stone.

Second one was of a gloved hand (reminded me of Mickey mouse’s hands) holding/offering a ball of fire

Third was of a black beetle (or spider) on its back trying to flip back over.

Fourth was of one of those long park benches, covered in leaves yet their were no trees in sight.

I believe this is the first time god has spoken to me through images. But I’m really confused because words have meaning attached to them before you speak them. Pictures can have infinite interpretations and meanings. I want God to confirm what he’s saying and if this is from god. I’m really curious. It wasn’t for any one so I don’t know who to speak this to, so I submitting it to the internet. I would love to hear your wisdom, Helen. Thank you for running this site.

1. Peter

I got an email notification about your prophetic word about god coming as fire tonight . So I decided to tell you this (and the entire world of the internet ??)

2. Anwulika olisa

wow, I pray this on a daily basis, i had a strange dream where i saw fire like a ball coming down from heaven and entering into me I almost fell off my bed. thank you so much for this message now i understand a bit of what happened. i crave for God with all my heart and i am ready to go the extra mile for him and in His name.

3. Sara Slagle

Wow! This is it. This is an article that stirred the yearning smoldering flames to revive them into a fell roaring fire again!

4. Ruth Nyandoro

I am blown away – totally blown away. Yesterday I was praying for a person I believe God has laid in my heart and I had a vision of a fire in a path before the subject, as if it was clearing the way. The subject (person I am praying for) was at the beginning point of this path but he was not in the flesh – but appeared as a fiery fire burning in and around his flesh appearance. I did not give it much thought until I saw this message and I am so encouraged to keep praying for the subject because sometimes I feel like giving up.

Thank you Helen and God Bless you!!!

1. Peter

Hi Helen, i just got done praying the day before i read this article, ” LORD show me YOUR Glory.”
      Its funny as i was typing the word ” Glory” the guy on the television said the word “glory” at the same time!! Glory to GOD!!! Amen.

I love that, Peter, glory indeed!
        Just thought of this: Isaiah 35:1-2
        The desert and the parched land will be glad;
        the wilderness will rejoice and blossom.
        Like the crocus, 2 it will burst into bloom;
        it will rejoice greatly and shout for joy.
        The glory of Lebanon will be given to it,
        the splendor of Carmel and Sharon;
        they will see the glory of the Lord,
        the splendor of our God.

1. Peter

Thank you Helen for the encouraging Word!! I believe our LORD has a good Word for you. Philippians 3: 10 Amplified Bible. (I’m sorry i couldn’t find my version to write it out for you). Paul was saying my determined purpose was to know HIM. His determined purpose wasnt to be the greatest Apostle, teacher or prophet. It was to know JESUS more intimately, intensely passiinately above all. Amen

That is SO good and the desire of my heart. Amen to that (love the AMP)

5. Juliet

I’m so touched that I’m almost speechless. I sat vibrating as i read this. I have been asking for God’s fire for a while now. I always feel his move during worship in church and wonder why others cant and to the point of whether i’m not overdoing this..but then just this morning i wonder how people manage to be so composed in the presence of God. Not to ramble but i have been having dreams where angels ask me to stop wasting time and start.. and i wonder start what? Another dream where i was told to cook lots of dishes for people and i was complaining that its a lot of work. Another dream where i was given money to go buy fruits. i have been praying to God to show me what it is He wants me to do and help me do it with all humility and gladness. I also got a new tongue on Sunday when i said that prayer. I feel something strong..like a burst of raw power come on me sometimes and i want to start jumping and speaking in tongues but then i’m also heavily pregnant. I also pray that God quickens my husband also so he doesn’t draw me back. He’s a pastor but still has a lot of consecration to do. Please pray for him Prophet. As for me, I’m ready to plunge, so help me Father in Jesus name. Amen. Pray for me to..that i dont draw back at all. Sorry for the long post. I praise God for speaking to me through you. Thank you Ma!

6. Melanie Hall

Yes!Yes!Yes!
    This morning my daughters and I were in prayer when I had a vision of a mushroom cloud of fire. I knew it was a spiritual explosion. We were praying for the fire of God to fall on this region.
    After prayer I saw this message. What an exciting time to be alive!!!Blessings to all of you!

Yes it is a glorious time Melanie, may revival fire touch your region and reach beyond!

7. Nano Da Silva

Thank your the reminder of that fire of God. When I had small children around 1987 I did a drawing of that vison of Jésus in revelation with hair like wool. Later in January of 1998 I had a full open vision encounter with an angel whose face was so bright that I could not distinguish his features. The angel had curly bright golden locks. He was about 9 feet tall en he bent down and reached for a bucket at my feet that was filled with oil. He dipped a sea sponge in the bucket and brought the oil over my head several times. I felt the oil dripping all over my head and shoulders right to my toes. This experience was life changing. I have been through many peaks and valleys since those moments. Your piece reminds me to make note of these encounters and keep moving forward in that anointing expecting more milestones down the road.

Those are life-changing encounters, Nano and a very good insight…to remember and keep in view those special times, like ‘markers’ along the road anticipating what is to come

8. Trina

This Word is so timely to my hearts expression to ABBA and the Holy Spirit. I truly enjoy the charge in my spirit from the insight and words you release from the heart and mind of the Lord. Please keep me lifted in prayer and continue to glorify the Lord in your Kingdom assignments. All for his Glory in Jesus Name

9. Dr. Jemimah Mogere Muturia

This is a powerful message. I understood it like when the fire of God consumes your sins and you allow God to take pr-eminence in your heart, you continue to develop an intimate relationship with God. Eventually you become an article of Gold with special duties for God. Thank you Hellen, there is nothing that enlightens me like your teaching. I desire to study prophecy and I believe God will make away. God bless you.
    Dr. Jemimah Muturia

Beautifully put, Dr. Jemimah.
      This post (as most do) has come out of my own recent encounter with Jesus – I think this gives a vividness to the writing. He is truly wonderful. You are already much of the way towards growing in the prophetic, I believe He opens doors to us as we make Jesus our focus, our study and His Word – the rest follows, just thought of when He said to the disciples, ‘Follow Me and I will make you’ God bless you

10. Eva Wanjiku

This is what I have been asking God for. To put a fierce fire in my heart for Him. To open my spiritual eyes and ears. And to reveal to me my function in this body of Christ. I long and hunger for more of you Jesus!

11. Steve

May the Lord bless you Helen for sharing this word. It was for me. Long story short, yesterday for the first time in years, I got up specifically at 4am to read and pray and hear from the Lord like I once did, an appointment we used to have. To get back to seeking Him and what He wants me to do with the neglected call of prayer and prophecy in my life. One of my prayers was this: to call down fire from heaven on me and my church! Not in judgement as the disciples wanted to do, or as Elijah, but for the very presence of the Holy Spirit to fall on us, remake us, unify us, show us how little we truly know of Him. And as I went to sleep, I asked Him for a dream, a vision, a peek through heaven’s window to see the light of His glory, to be in His presence. Thank you for this confirmation that He heard and is at work 🙂

12. Connie Manion

Yes, He mentioned the Fire to me yesterday as I was spending time with him. I am stuck on the ‘soul’ parts to turn over but know my joy has been hampered. I know church hurt and rejection play a role in it. I am more than happy to let Him burn that pain and hurt away. It serves no purpose in His Kingdom other than to help assist others with similar issues in the future.

Connie that is so very true how God redeems and uses us in those same areas we’ve been wounded. I can’t remember whether you’ve received the book ‘Prophetic People in a Changing Church’ (on that topic of church hurt), I believe it’s helpful in this area

1. Connie Manion

I don’t recall either. I thought I purchased everything you had prior to you going to the Planetshakers conference. Now, have I read everything…sheepishly no. But, God is speaking I need to read the book you referenced. I look back over my emails to see if I purchased it. If not, I will.

Blessings always on abundance to you Helen

Hi Connie, good idea, or email at blog email address and I will send you a PDF copy
          (Yes WordPress seems to turn emojis into ‘?’ but I fixed it for you :-))

13. M.A MISUKA

AMEN
    AMEN
    AMEN
    I can’t say how much i real appreciate this email, it came at the time i needed strength to stand up and knowing what was happening with me.
    the day before yesterday i got a revelation that a group of soldiers were looking for me and wanted to kill me, first time they came i escaped and the trap they made for me was a sick woman but the second time i couldn’t run i had to remain and see how i could save her, unfortunately they came and arrest me.
    they were preparing to kill me but they broke my two fingers and buried me alive next to the railways but the head and my two hands out.
    suddenly something happen, from no where i screamed aloud and my whole body blew like a volcano and the fire mixed with stones came out and killed all those soldiers and afterwards i came out.

That’s intense (a dream?) but good to remember we have His resurrection life on the inside!

Mine’s exciting in a bit of a roller coaster way, Samantha. 🙂 How good that Jesus is with us on the ride!

14. Lisa Vaughn

I’m just getting the time to respond to your message because I’ve been praying for God’s fire for sometime now and it has come! I started this week out running with the fire and then I spent the rest of this week running through the fire and now I’m just trying to make it out of the fire to the overflowing fountain of cool water just up ahead. Just beautiful Mrs. Helen and on point once again! Thank you and have a blessed week. Lisa

15. Natasha Musonda

Thank you Helen for your Emails, I always look forward to receiving them weekly because they really encourage me..
    Thank You LORD for releasing your Fire! Let it Fall on me and my family… Let The Fire burn all that is not pleasing in Your Sight Lord!

Amen to your prayer for you and your family.. Divine encounters, changing many!

16. Hope Taylor

Oh how I have felt that fire alive lately. God is burning setting new in my spirit and I can hardly contain it. I seem to sence Him all the time and I feel something is definitely about to catch fire!! Blessed be the name of the Lord! You are holy, holy, holy!

1. Ruth Nyandoro

Amen and Amen. May you please pray for my nation as well. I am from Zimbabwe. We are in exciting times but I am concerned about the number of prophets sprouting up and their messages to the nation. Rarely do we hear anyone speak of repentance and running after the Father’s heart. Help me pray that God will bring on to the platform true prophets.

Yes I pray with you for Zimbabwe and the prophetic movement in your nation, may it be so

17. Patience

This is a divine connection. I’m empty and dry. I need the fire and glory. My spiritual gift is not manifesting as I desire. I really need help.
    God bless you.

18. Molins

Hi,
    Glory to Jesus. I feel like God is talking to me directly through you, such amazing precious gift, glory to God. Beautiful message. Thank you very much Helen.
    I hope Jesus will Baptiste me in His Holy Spirit and Fire of His anointing so may I can have deliverance from which its not from Him, Please pray for me Helen I need your prayers and please guide me if u can personally then it will be very helpful to me, I am so confused.
    I hope Jesus will have His mercy and grace on me.
    God bless you and your Ministry for Him, in His abundance.
    Thanking you,
    Molins

Hi Molins, thank you for leaving the comment. I’m praying for you right now, for strength, comfort and clarity. His mercy and grace is abundant towards you. It is all-sufficient, all-encompassing.

19. Tony

I’d like to thank you for this blog it is a real encouragement to me. Just at the beginning of last week i read some comments on what Moses said to God about ” show me your glory”.
    I’ve been longing to know Father deeper and have been seeking him for a while, then your blog about “His glory” comes on Friday. I think I’m travelling in the right direction!
    Jeremiah 29:12-13 came to my mind:
    Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.
    I honour you for what you do with this blog.
    Blessings

20. Withus

So the fire of God does not just remove sin, but it also burns in me. I have to burn with the fire. Wow!

21. Jan

Long time ago, took a picture of the fire glowing in the fireplace. When looking at the picture later on, I realized the longest flame extended, was in the shape of a hand with a finger extended upward…….amazing!