How to Receive Courage (to Step into Your Destiny)

As you stand on the threshold of all God has for you, at the verge of saying an irrevocable ‘yes’ to Him, you know it is going to take courage to step up.

Perhaps there is a situation coming to mind right now. One in which your heart’s cry has been, ‘Father, let Your kingdom come, and Your will be done! May it be on earth as it is in heaven!’ (Matt 6:10)

Your Father wants you to know today, that accessing the realm of His Kingdom is simpler than you have thought, dreamed or imagined.

The Source of Your Courage

A small boy stands in the shadow of a priest, surrounded by a powerful military guard.

It is young King Joash. He is seven years old.

Joash has been sheltered in the temple for most of his young life. He has neither experience, nor physical strength, nor the knowledge and wisdom needed for the task ahead.

And yet the time has come for Joash to emerge and step up to the throne. [1]

What must it have felt like, for a young boy to face the crowds, the noise, the opposition and the enormous task ahead?

What gave Joash the courage?

It was the presence of his spiritual father, the Priest Jehoiada.

• The one who stood with him had the wisdom, the leadership, and knew the mind of God
  • The one who stood with him was the keeper of the timing of God

You do not stand alone. Jesus is with you. He says, ‘…surely I am with you always’ (Matt 28:20)

Today, know that you can lean upon Jesus. It’s not about your strength, or your natural wisdom, capacity or ability.

His anointing rests upon you. Armies of heaven surround you.

Out of Your Comfort Zone

Hear your Father say, ‘Come out from the shadows! It is time to enter your destiny!’

God wants to give you a clear vision of what He is doing in and through you; one that is attainable through faith (Heb 11:1).

Having a clear picture of what God’s Kingdom emerging in our situation looks like, presents us with a challenge.

• Because our obedience is needed to bring that answer into reality. And obedience requires actions that pull us out of our comfort zone.

And there are times when it is easier to hold our Father’s purpose in the realm of mystery, than to see it and say ‘Yes!’

If that’s how you feel right now, be encouraged by the story of Joash: All the courage you need is to be found by standing in the shelter of Jesus’ Presence.

The Courage of a Child

There are some things God calls you to do, that will take—not the courage of a seasoned warrior—but the courage of a child.

It is as Jesus said. God’s Kingdom is received, entered and belonged to, by those who have the attitude of a child (Matt 18:3; 19:14).

To obey is to say ‘yes!’ to your Father’s invitation to join Him in the ‘now’ thing He is doing.

Like Joash with Jehoiada, you are simply going where Jesus is going, saying what He is saying and doing what He is doing.

• Under the reign of King Joash, and with the instruction of the priest Jehoiada, the usurper Athaliah was overcome, Judah experienced revival, and the temple was repaired. [1]

And stirred by his example, we pray, ‘Father, let Your kingdom come, and Your will be done! May it be on earth as it is in heaven!’ (Matt 6:10)

[1] Read the story in 2 Kings 11-12

News: Deeper, A Journey of Spiritual Renewal

At the heart of your Christian life and prophetic ministry is your intimate relationship with God and a vital connection to His Word.

In this eBook I share my personal journey from burnout and spiritual exhaustion to a lifestyle of encountering God—the pathway that launched me into prophetic ministry.

Today I have added a new chapter, with stories of my recent encounters with God.

I encourage you to take time with God, and simply ask the question, ‘Lord, how do you want to reveal yourself to me?’

‘Deeper: 6 Steps to Greater Intimacy with God and His Word’ contains many practical tips to help you discover the relationship with God and the Bible that you are uniquely designed for. Together with the accompanying workbook, ‘Deeper’ takes you on a journey of personal renewal.

For more information, or to purchase ‘Deeper’, visit our online store here.

© 2018 Helen Calder Enliven Blog – Prophetic Teaching
A part of the David McCracken Ministries family

63 thoughts on “How to Receive Courage (to Step into Your Destiny)

1. Pam

Wow I am richly blessed by this. This week it has been my hearts cry. Father let your will be done. I have been questioning doubting on what is happening in my life and what God is wanting to do.
    And I cannot please God with doubt. So I really thank you for this. It really encouraged me. I know I have a call in my life but I have been deeply hurt and troubled in many ways, but I found strength in the Lord

He understands Pam… you reminded me of Psalm 103 where it says ‘As a father has compassion on his children,
      so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him’ <3

2. Albert

I am blessed by the prophetic word from Helen. This was specific to me and I say to Lord…”yes to your will, and yes to your way” I’m currently challenged with transitions in this life and I need TMH help in everything I desire to do whatever it takes to please HIM!!!

Thx U

Amen, Albert..I know transition can be a difficult time, praying for you right now

3. Annette

As the tears stream down my face, this powerful on time word was needed this morning. I do feel overwhelmed and exhausted from ministry and even at times not appreciated or taken advantage of. My soul cry out to the Father this morning so thank you for the encouragement.

Praying for you right now Annette, thought of this (Heb 6:10) ‘God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.’

4. Cynthia

In less than two weeks I will be installed as an assistant Pastor of my church. So this message today is encouraging as I take the next step in my journey that God has planned for me.

That’s a big step Cynthia, I pray you are strengthened and empowered as you take on your new role <3
      Eph 3:20-21

5. Abideen Gbade Akeeb

Your message is direct and on point. I know God use you at the moment to confirm and to encourage me.

6. Rachel goodall

Thank you for this word today!!! Courage!!

I had a dream of myself going to take a shower and someone else got there before me, I looked around at the other shower stalls they had pulled drains and there were human waste all around. I was troubled by this dream. Can you help me understand it.

Rachel

Hi Rachel, I don’t give dream interpretations on here…
      remember God’s answers to dreams are redemptive – so turn a troubling dream around, for insight into what Holy Spirit is saying.

7. William L O'Dell (Bill)

Hello Helen
    Yes, I do need courage at this time of my life, and the story of Joash helped. I’m 80 yrs. old and have been seeking
    healing for my body for some time. I am convinced the Word of God was sent to heal us, and this morning I was
    thinking “I’ve done all the bible says to do”. Now it’s time to stand. The Holy Spirit brought the scripture in
    Jeremiah 17:7,8 about being like a tree planted by the water. As I was driving to men’s breakfast this morning I began to sing an old song that I hadn’t heard in ages, “I shall not be moved”. Well the song goes on to say “just like a tree planted by the water”. Our Holy Spirit is so precious!!! BTW, I’m also pursuing the Gift of Healing which I believe is so needed in our churches today.

Praying for your healing right now, Bill
      And amen to the release of His healing through you! Yes much needed

2. Connie Manion

Bill, I release His mighty healing anointing to you right Now! Father, heal your servant with Dunamis power this hour in Jesus mighty name! By His stripes… and let every word be established by two or three witnesses. Amen

8. Lucy

Thank you this verse and portion of the Lords prayer has been in my spirit and I have been asking God to show me what it is like in Heaven so as to help understand it more.What comes to mind is worship coz I know the angels and twenty four elders are worshiping God day and night.In Heaven the Word of God says our Lord Jesus Christ is seated at the right hand of God the Father and we are seated with Him up there.Lord help us establish Your Kingdom in peoples hearts I pray

9. Pieter

What a wonderful, inspiring , prophetic, gracious word.
    I received that blessed and gratefully…
    HALLELUYA…HALLELUYA… High Abiding, Fulfilling Praises to YHWH who reigns and is to come to FULFILL…

10. Shero

Thank you so much Helen, may his will be done in my life on earth as it is in heaven. Very encouraging, as I am going through a desert like season where one doesn’t know where they are or when they will arrive, but at the same time acknowledging the presence of our Lord and Saviour all around me. I lift my hands up to him and say ” Lord , take my hand and lead me to where you want me to be”. Amen

Wow I can relate to that in some ways too.
      He is faithful and as Hagar experienced and encountered Him, He knows where you are… the place became known as, ‘well of the Living One who sees me’

11. Michael Akatwijuka

Praise to the Lord God almighty. This article was for me today. I wanted to hear this message. I loved the phrase..certain things Gd has Called you to do call for —-not the courage of a seasoned warrior but the courage of a child. Amen

I love that it takes the pressure off… the confident trusting of a child.. may you know His peace today Michael

12. Karen

Thanks Helen for this timely word! It is so fitting for what God is doing in my life right now.

13. TCM

It is as if you have been sitting with me everyday for the past year. Thank you and may you be continually empowered and graced to deliver a word in season. So so grateful, knowing this Word only comes out of your faithfulness in prayer and listening to the Lord. Thank you for confirmation. The Lord richly bless you and make His face shine brighter and brighter upon you, Pastor Helen.

14. Callistus

I am short of words to communicate the impart of the word of the lord you just sent me” courage to step into my destiny” my whole world is affected for good, light has come and my soul is lifted and ready to go for the throne.

Ma, the lord reward you tremendously with oversize blessings.

Callistus praise IBE
    Nigeria

Amen Callistus, may that sense of lightness and lifting continue…’His yoke is easy and His burden light’

15. Sylvia Marsh

Dear Helen

When i read the story on the young king Joaiash, its like the Word is directly speaking to me. Just a few hours ago, i was encouraged to do as God has called me to do. Reading your message has given me hope, that i need not fear, for God will not give me an assignment, leaving me on my own, for HIS promise is….”I will never leave you nor forsake you”…. thank you for that encouraging word, God bless

I say amen to that, Sylvia, He is with you
      1 Thessalonians 5:24
      ‘The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it.’

16. Barbara

I’m grateful to have found your website. The word of the Lord has blessed me. I’m desiring to mature or better yet become more familiar with Holy Spirit to better understand the working of the prophetic. The Lord told me to give more attention to the prophetic. I’ve been used in the prophetic for many years but life challenges has brought me to a wilderness or a dry place in that area of anointing. So thanks for sharing your experience.

17. Joshua

This message real from Messenger of my Father Jesus . Thank Him for assuring me of His Presence . God bless you Prophet.

18. modesto talavera

Thank you for that word, I believe it was God sent and I receive it. Now I just have to wait for it to come to pass. Thank you for being obedient to God. True prophets are so needed in our churches today.

19. CHRISTOPHER

Thank you for the encouragement, these words came to me at a time that i am about taking a strong decision to go into ministry. Thanks

That’s a big step Christopher and you have a big God! I pray you are empowered and strengthened

20. Angela

I truly love God and know He has called me to have a very close and dedicated relationship with Him everything in me says YES…i just havent found the courage to follow pursuit…This word brought joy hope and confirmation. God bless you Ms Helen

Hi Angela, I’m glad the word was encouraging for you and am praying for you right now, to know His love and strength and joy more than ever before!

22. IRINE

T hank you for your encouragement .it has really lifted up my spirit . i now have enough courage to stand in the shelter of Jesus. i have been having pain under my heal which is troubling is me a lot. I have prayed anointed it with , take it to hospital but still paining.i really conclude that let his will now be done. i have hope that ill be healed in Jesus name. i now emerge like Joash . i allow Gods kingdom to emerge in my situation.Thanks HELLEN.

Hello Irine, I agree in prayer for your full healing now, in Jesus’ Name
      And amen to you emerging!

23. Robert Hand

Hi Helen:
    Thank you for your encouragement and on-time word. The Lord told me that I ” have got to much Jesus in me!” Not just me; everybody who is born again has. If you are not sure of this then please go and read (1 John 4:4) Let the words sink into you, let the love of Jesus embrace you. Your life will never be the same again Amen!
    The devil may sometimes knock me down, because I am unaware of what he is doing. But he can not “knock me out”; Jesus will never let him have his way Amen!
    I just came out of a fiery trial. I took the Lord’s hand and He brought me out of it. He will do the same thing for you too.
    Be blessed as you put all of your trust in the Lord do (Proverbs 3:5-6) with every area of your life! then watch what happens?

24. Philomena

I thank GOD for using you Helen to share this prophetic message. It was confirmation to me certainly as I read the words “out of your comfort zone”. I have been hearing and reading that all week. I saw the email but I kept saying I will read it later. But through fasting and prayer I was lead to read it today. We need the courage as young Joshua had knowing that JESUS is with us. It is vital important to have that seed of a mustard faith in order to step out and trust GOD with our everything. Thank you again for your obedience in sharing . All the Glory belongs to GOD.

25. luana salvador

thank you very much for this, I am facing a moment of combat to enter my destiny, this text left me up.

26. Nana

Enliven, God bless you so much for all you do. This courage message came to me at the right time. As I read through the message, my eyes were full of tears, trusting God for courage to step out from my comfort zone to do exploits for God.

27. Shinua morris

Amen yes God provides that giant amazing step God bless u Helen in Jesus name glory the father

28. Susan Caley

I have said ‘yes’ to the Holy Spirit coming
    into my life with His refiners fire.I told the
    Father that i’m scared but I don’t want
    second best,I want God to fulfill all his
    purposes for my life and His Kingdom.
    I sensed The Father say that He is Good,
    Also that He wants to kindle in us a mighty flame,that we would be lights to the world.’till every heart consumed by love would rise,and bless His holy name ‘I so needed your wordsThank
    You Father.,and thank you Helen

29. Lebogang

This was indeed a blessing I did not want to rush over it, although I finished reading the post I wanted to go over it again.

This indeed blessed. I have always learned to operate in faith and trust God.

One must just continue in faith like a child and God will do the rest while one is trusting Him with the gifts.

God is far superior than the devil.

This word was seasoned for me.

Shabbat Shalom