“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!” (2 Cor 5:17, NIV)
There is good news: The old has gone. The new is here!
Today I sense the Spirit is saying:
“You don’t have to live with an old, outdated viewpoint of who you are any more. You can cast it off!
It’s time to walk in your resurrection identity.
A New Identity
In the middle of a crowd, an impoverished, disadvantaged man hears that Jesus is passing by. And he cries out. “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!”
It is more than a cry for help, it is an expression of faith: ‘Jesus, I know Who You are!’
Jesus calls to him. And Bartimaeus casts off his cloak to run to Jesus.
For untold seasons, Bartimaeus has sat begging by the roadside.
People passing by have seen the man and his cloak. Some of them may have seen that cloak so often, they have come to associate it with the blind beggar.
- But like the discarded cloak, Bartimaeus’ old identity is about to be left behind.
“The old is gone”.
At a word from the Saviour, Bartimaeus’ sight is healed and he will never be the same again.
Now, Bartimaeus is a man who can see where he is going.
- He can see the road and his destiny
- He goes on his way with a new sense of purpose: to be with Jesus (Mark 10:46-52)
“The new is here.” Your new is here.
Jesus’ Story is Your Story
Is there a garment, an old viewpoint that has clung to you, and it is time to cast it off? Hear Jesus saying,
“You do not need to see yourself that way any longer! See yourself, and others, through the lens of My resurrection.” (ref 2 Cor 5:16)
Today, take some time to meditate on what Jesus’ death, burial and resurrection means to you personally.
What it says about you; your position, who you are and where you are heading.
For Jesus’ story is your story.
When we have a revelation that Jesus’ story is our story, when we see it as our reality, something happens. Faith arises. We are transformed.
It is called “identification with Christ”
- “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” (Galatians 2:20 NIV)
- “We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.” (Romans 6:4 NIV)
Your Resurrection Identity
Think about the difference in Peter’s life and Mary Magdalene’s life, before and after the resurrection.
- Their lives had been touched and changed by Jesus
- They were followers of Jesus
And yet there was more. Jesus’ resurrection gave them a new birth. It broke loose the Father’s destiny for their lives.
In the garden, Jesus commissions Mary to be His first evangelist (John 20:17). And Peter—who failed and denied Jesus before His crucifixion—is now an apostle, standing tall, anointed and preaching the Gospel (Acts 2)
There is More
This is what I believe the Father is saying today. “There is more”.
- There is more for you to comprehend about who you are, your identity in Christ
- Who you are, filled, clothed and empowered by the Holy Spirit
- The picture of you, living a resurrected, ascended life (Eph 2:5-6)
You are no longer bound by past perspectives or viewpoints—your own, or others.
Today and from now on, see yourself walking with Jesus, head held high; living your destiny and calling.
This is your resurrection life.
Choose Your Story, Change Your Life
- Have you ever felt as though your life is stuck in a pattern?
- Would you like a clear, simple message to help yourself—and others—break free of limitations and live your God-appointed destiny?
God has a story for your life. It is the story of an abundant life—a life full of faith and purpose.
“The script” is any story-line that is at work in your life, that is not in accordance with God’s Word—and what He says about you.
In “The Script: Choose Your Story Change Your Life” you will learn:
- What a script is, and five ways it can come into operation
- How to identify and defeat a counterfeit script
- How to identify and break a generational storyline (curse)
- How to replace the script with God’s story for your life
In “The Script: Choose Your Story Change Your Life”, I share my own testimony of breaking free from personal and generational scripts, and encourage you to live a life empowered by the Word of God.
View and purchase this book on our eStore here.
Note: prices are listed in Australian dollars: all payments are secure and we keep your details private.
Today, I pray you have an encounter with the Holy Spirit; that you may see yourself as your Father sees you. May you have an encounter as the disciples did on the road to Emmaus, with the resurrected Christ. And may the eyes of your heart be opened to see Jesus as never before.
© 2018 Helen Calder Enliven Blog – Prophetic Teaching
In the David McCracken Ministries family