Prophetic Word: ‘Rise Up, Go and Anoint’

It may have been a prophecy, a role or assignment, a relationship or a ministry opportunity.

Perhaps you dreamed about the way God was going to answer a prayer, release your destiny or fulfil His promise—but it didn’t take place the way you expected.

‘Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but when the desire comes, it is a tree of life’. (Prov 13:12, NKJV)

Today, I believe God is saying to many:

The Prophet Samuel Was Crushed and Disappointed—But God had a Plan

God gave Samuel the task to anoint Saul as king, but it didn’t work out as the prophet expected.

The new king rebelled and disobeyed God. And Samuel faced the painful task of delivering God’s message to Saul: ‘You’ve rejected God’s word—and now God has rejected you as king’. (See 1 Sam 15)

After that, Samuel withdrew and we read, ‘Samuel mourned for Saul…’ (1 Sam 15:35, NKJV) Think about this:

• Samuel himself had publicly identified and anointed Saul as king
  • Afterwards, he discovered the very instrument he had anointed was rotten to the core!

This was a situation that touched Samuel’s identity as a prophet. It impacted his life’s calling as a revivalist; to lead Israel to serve and worship God.

Samuel saw years stretched in front of him, in which an ungodly king ruled the nation he loved.

The prophet was stricken with grief over the loss of what could have been—and the young man he had seen potential in.

But the God Who loved and called Samuel had a plan. And God’s next instructions to Samuel are fresh and relevant to us today.

1. It’s Time to Rise Up

‘The Lord said to Samuel, “How long will you mourn for Saul, since I have rejected him as king over Israel? Fill your horn with oil and be on your way; I am sending you to Jesse of Bethlehem. I have chosen one of his sons to be king.” (1 Sam 16:1, NIV)

God gave Samuel time to grieve—and He acknowledged the validity of those feelings. But there came a day when God said, ‘How long will you mourn?’

The Hebrew word for mourn, abal, means to bewail, lament, mourn [Strongs H56].

Samuel had strong feelings about what was lost. But God was saying, ‘I have a new plan! You cannot enter into it until you recognize what time it is. It is time to rise up and move on.’

Hear your Father say,

‘In order to move into the new assignment I have for you, let go of what is behind. Release those regrets and disappointments relating to the past.’

You can move forward free and unencumbered!

This principle does not only apply to good things that turned bad. It also applies to good things; even great things, that have had their time.

• That day is over and the Spirit is moving in a new direction.

An opportunity may have been good and anointed of God in the past—but if it is not His purpose in this current season, it can become a ‘Saul’.

You have been hankering after it, but that day, that opportunity is gone.

God’s Presence and anointing has left it! Release it, move forward, discover and anoint the new thing He is doing.

2. Receive Your Anointing and Fresh Commissioning

‘Fill your horn with oil and be on your way…’

Samuel was mourning over someone he had anointed—and it seemed that anointing oil had been wasted. Now God was saying, ‘Stop looking back where the past anointing was unfruitful, and look ahead to where I am appointing a new king!’

• Anoint the new thing God is anointing
  • Prophesy about what He is appointing
  • Bless what He is doing and about to do

See life, speak and declare life.

Notice God’s instructions to Samuel were, ‘fill first’!  You can’t move ahead without a fresh anointing.

‘Anointing’ speaks to us of being filled with the Spirit~both for refreshing and for a purpose~and having a fresh encounter with God.

Hear Him say, ‘Lift up your head and your hands! Receive a touch of refreshing, a fresh outpouring from My Throne. I am for you and not against you! My Spirit is coming upon you and filling you.’

3. Launch Out in Faith

‘I am sending you to Jesse of Bethlehem. I have chosen one of his sons to be king.’ (1 Sam 16:1, NIV)

Samuel went to the household of Jesse. Jesse means ‘wealthy’ or ‘gift’. As you begin to move, know all of Heaven’s resources are available to you for your God-given assignment. Nothing is too difficult for Him to accomplish, as you surrender to Him.

Notice God didn’t give Samuel a complete instruction. He said, ‘I have chosen ‘one of his sons’.

Like Samuel did, God calls us to live by faith.

There is always an element of mystery; some things the Holy Spirit will only show you when you reach your Divine appointment.

There was also something else; a message that God wanted to highlight:

‘The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.’ (1 Sam 16:7, NIV)

What God has ahead for you, may not look as you or others expect it to.

Just as those close to David were surprised at God’s choice of him, many will be surprised at the ways in which God is about to use you.

For your Father is revealing plans that have previously been ‘under wraps’.

Unlocking the Gift of Discernment eBook, 3rd Edition

Just updated! In this third edition, I have added a chapter on 5 specific spiritual attacks discerners face and how to overcome each one. I have revised other chapters, added new content and finished with an inspirational chapter on how the gift of discernment can propel you into an encounter with God’s glory!

The gift of discernment of spirits is a powerful weapon in times of spiritual warfare, and can be of great assistance when ministering freedom to individuals. And yet many who have the gift of discernment have difficulty knowing what to do with what they are feeling or sensing.

‘Unlocking The Gift Of Discernment’ incorporates wisdom from Enliven Blog as well as additional valuable material on how to be protected as a discerner in times of spiritual warfare.

New Chapter List:

1. Introducing the Spiritual Gift of Discernment
2. Signs You may have the Gift of Discernment
3. Your Heart as a Discerner
4. How to Grow Your Gift of Discernment
5. Ministry Areas that Benefit from the Discernment Gift
6. Tips on Exercising Discernment in Church Life
7. Focus on the Spirit, Feed on God’s Word
8. Freedom from Fear of Evil
9. Protection for the Discerner
10. How to Overcome Spiritual Attack
11. Encounter God’s Glory

To view and purchase the eBook ‘Unlocking The Gift Of Discernment’ in our e-store, click here

Note: All transactions are secure using PayPal and we do not pass your information on to third parties. Our store will convert to your currency.

Available for download in PDF (114 pages) and ePub

© 2018 Helen Calder Enliven Blog – Prophetic Teaching
A part of the David McCracken Ministries family

53 thoughts on “Prophetic Word: ‘Rise Up, Go and Anoint’

1. Sashi

Such a good and timely confirmation of the good, God has planned. Wonderful wonderful! God bless you guys today Helen, thank you for a clear word yet again…

I’m glad it’s been an encouragement Sashi! This one I had early December as a prophetic insight for 2018, but it’s taken a couple of months to become truly a ‘now’ word.

1. June

I had a dream once which I am sure was from God. I am still waiting for it to fulfilled but it doesn’t seem like it’s going to come true anytime soon. Thanks for sharing this, it just reminds me again that even if it doesn’t come to pass, God has greater plans.

2. Cres Lazo

Thank you so much for this message. I’m refreshed again. Looking ahead of living my fresh annointment where I can’t get hold of things I thought was already mine in the past. I can freely let them go now. I’ll hold on to my new assignment.

3. Leonard Egbedi

Hi,
    My name is Leonard Egbedi. I have been following your posts for some time now. However, the post “Rise Up, Go and Anoint” was inspiring. Just last night I saw a vision where on a motor way, I was overtaking fleet of cars effortlessly. Thank you tremendously for this inspiring post. Keep it up.

4. Moses

Awesome Word, Mrs Calder!

After feeling like ‘having completely missed it’, this is really encouraging – especially when you’re trying to not only move with the Spirit, but more precisely ‘in step’ with the Spirit.

5. Quinton

Good morning Helen,

Thank you for your timely words of encouragement. Your messages always bring insight and the message related to Prophet Samuel, I have definitely have experienced. I have had so many prophetic words, experiences and challenges that have brought me nothing but seemingly grief.
    I could say more but It has not solved anything so far. Thanks.

Hi Quinton, I’m praying for you right now, may you have a fresh anointing and renewed anticipation

6. Angelia Reddick

Thank you for this word. Yesterday I reached out to an old friend for Valentine’s day and immediately a weight came upon me that felt so heavy. It took a while to shake as it was so draining and took away all my energy. I prayed and asked God what that mesnt. In His faithfulness I awoke to today’s prophetic word about Saul. Thank you for this word and its confirmation in my life.

May you receive the fresh touch of His Spirit today, Angelia
      ‘His anointing breaks the yoke’

7. nadine M valentine

Hi Helen. This word truly spoke to me. Ive had some disappointments in ministry but Ive been told that He is about to take me a new way, in a new direction. Ive been hearing in my own spirit, “new wine, new wineskin”. So this word just made my baby leap in my womb.

8. V

Thank you so much for this I needed a word so bad. I had been sent to a church for a assignment and been praying and praying for months doing everything the Lord asked to get the ppl were they need to be and now god is doing something there not comfortable with and reject help. It makes me sad and i have been morning it and my heart hurts but i feel there is nothing else there for me. Nobody wants change even though they say they want it and I have been getting in trouble I’m not upset with getting in trouble I’m sad because I’m doing what god wants in this season and I’m being limited or cut off and it makes me so sad for the people but they don’t want it. I have been feeling a time of transisson for me I don’t know if I should stay or go!. I’m thankful you brought this up because I have been mourning and I didn’t know it was a thing. You helped me a lot. I’m just guna berry it and fill myself up and wait for god to see what he is going to do with me.

Praying for you right now V, may you have His wisdom as you make decisions. May His love and anointing touch and refresh you.

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. (Rom 15:13)

9. Rosemary

Hi Helen, nice message. Please may I write you in private? I know you do not do personal advise, but I just thought I should give it a try. Thanks.

Hi Rosemary, unfortunately I have got very far behind in replying to emails! Replies to the blog emails do collect and wait for me if you want to try that way. 🙂
      Counsel and advise is always best when it comes from someone you can journey closer with and process in conversation.
      I am praying for you right now.

10. Anne

Hi Helen
    Thank you so much for this word. Came at the exact time when I needed it most. I love my job but it has become uncomfortable with some of the people I work with turning against me.
    However beginning of this year I saw a vision of an eagle raising and flying swiftly as it took off and spreading its wings as it flew higher into the sky and was followed by this verse Isaiah40v31 “But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.”
    I believe God is going to take me much higher than I could ever imagine. My prayer and word in my heart since this year is ‘to love the Lord my God with all my heart, with all my soul and with all my strength’. Thank you

Hi Anne, I love that and say, ‘let it be!’ higher than you could ever imagine!

‘Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us’ (Eph 3:20)

11. Tracy

This is an on time word and it speaks loud and clear to me. I have been through alot for the past six months since my mother died, and I haven’t really been able to grieve. I have a prophetic gift and I have received many prophetic words that I am a intercessor and that God is going to use me to speak in churches that are just starting. I’m ready for a fresh anointing !!!

I’m sorry to hear of that, Tracy <3 I pray your experience of God in this next season will be like the Prophet Ezekiel in Ezek 47, the river that went ever deeper, measure by measure, bringing healing and harvest

12. Beth

Helen, You are so insightful. This is just what I needed to hear. “Fill you horn and be on your way.”. You say things nobody else says. I am seeking out how to be a prophet and a healer. I have such a. long. list of people that I pray for because I am called to be an intercessor. Pray for me. Beth Bender, California

That’s wonderful, Beth. Your prayers are powerful! I pray for you to have a new sense of encounter with His Father’s heart that will overflow bringing healing to many

13. Ruben Verstraten

Thank you for this message. It accurately describes the situation we are in now:

My wife and I have led the worship-team in church, as we felt called by God to do it. The worship team can be quite a burden to carry. We were inexperienced in leadership, and we needed coaching. We asked for it, but no action was taken. We pushed ourselves until we could not go on any longer. We both are at least close to a burn-out now, unable to work our jobs. We not only had to stop leading, but we chose not to go to this church anymore for now, to be able to recover in an environment that does not focus on working so much. We found another church that is much healthier in this regard. Gods presence there is much stronger too, which makes us restore quicker. I am happy that we could distance ourselves from this church in a mature way, without hurting anyone. The contact with our friends and the pastor there is still good, and they miss us.

So, your message applies to us very much. We have to let go of the past, and now it feels like we are slowly being filled anew, just like what you say about Samuel’s horn with oil. This oil soaks us loose from the past and restores us.

Thank you!

Be blessed,

Hi Ruben, I can relate to that, I experienced ministry burnout in 2009, it drained my capacity to work and it took a while to recover, but God’s rich grace to teach me, heal me and bring my husband and I into overflow and a year of miracles, there’s no words to describe what He did. I pray for you both, may you replenish wisely, encounter Him fully, and experience His full measure restoration in every area.

Here’s one of the posts I wrote in 2010 that refer to that experience (and one of my keys to recovery) https://www.enlivenpublishing.com/blog/2010/07/05/how-to-discover-your-spiritual-pathway/

14. Kenneth

Thanks again for the timely posts you deliver each time. But why don’t you grant personal prophecies assuming someone contacted you?
    Peace.
    Kenneth

Hi Kenneth, great question – one of the core values in our wider ministry (David McCracken Ministries) is accountability in the prophetic. The Apostle Paul teaches about prophecy in the church (between Christians) being in an environment where there is oversight and prophecy is carefully weighed up. So, we don’t offer prophecy freely to anyone who asks, as we don’t know their context, their motivation, and whether they have accountability in place and can steward the prophecy wisely… We do not believe offering prophecy without discretion (and without being personally directed by the Holy Spirit) fits with our high value on administrating the gift with wisdom and honouring the Holy Spirit. So we have a general policy in place. Yes, I’m aware other ministries believe differently, but this is one way we highlight our core value in this area.
      Of course there will be times the Holy Spirit prompts us to share something encouraging to someone, but we want to let Him be the guide, not individuals asking. Hope that helps explain
      And of course another reason for not being able to give personal counsel is, I simply do not have time to answer all the requests.

15. Jonathan

Hello. I have been following your enliven blog website for some time now and your teachings. Infact the one that touched me the most was my kingdom is open for business. And this is also very powerful. I just want to say God bless you for the good work you are doing. And I pray you will to help me to know the prophetic gift that God has given me.

Thank you Jonathan, I’m glad the articles have been a blessing to you. I’m interested the Kingdom Open for Business has touched you as this has been at the forefront of my mind the last couple of days. Very interesting…. And I pray for the clarity you seek in your gifting. God does take us on a journey of seeking over a longer period of time, and that’s ok 🙂

16. Jeanette Calder

Dear Helen
    on February 16, 2003 my mother passed away after three months of fighting liver cancer. It was a very devastating experience, not so much because she died, as we will all have to say farewell at some point, until we meet again. But like many before me, and after, my own experience with God during that time saw me believing and putting on my faith in regard who heals and who I believed would heal.

The bitter disappointment, heartache, and loss of two of the most important relationships in my life made a mess of me for 13 years. Because though I had never walked away from the church, nor God I remained in the pews in body but very little of my spirit was there.

In October 2014, through a deliverance encounter arranged by Him that I didn’t see coming or even understood at the time, my spirit was reborn and reengaged. It has been an amazing journey of healing, one that has included leading me to your blog, your books, your teaching videos etc.

For the first time since, we now have another health crisis in the family as my brother in law was diagnosed with ALS last month – a muscular degenerative disease with no known cure that has already begun its process of degeneration. Despite all that I have learned and have let go of since my new walk in Christ this has been a bit challenging for my faith.

So this morning when I woke up on the 15th anniversary of her passing and as I prayed for my brother, Donald I felt a bit overwhelmed. I felt called to fast and decided to. When I came to work I was late but I had expectations of hearing from God today, I just felt that He was going to show up and so when I opened my email and I saw one from Helen Calder I thought “you don’t have the time Jeanette, you’re late and there’s a lot to be accomplished today”. But another voice said “open it”. In the first few lines was a gift.

“Have you ever had an expectation—one you wholeheartedly believed was from God—but it didn’t work out as you imagined? Perhaps you dreamed about the way God was going to answer a prayer or fulfil His promise, but it didn’t take place the way you expected. Today, I believe God is saying to many: ‘Let go of what you perceive to be unfinished business. Release those things to Me, for I have a fresh anointing and a new assignment for you.’

Thank you Father. Thank you Helen. I am not entirely sure of how to let go (I though I already had) but I know the next step was to pray what He sent through you. So I told prayed back to Him and declared it to be so the very words He sent me this morning through you and I have declared that there is a new fresh anointing and a new assignment for me and I thank Him for it and told the Lord I receive it. I know He has called me to the healing ministry. I am already in the streets praying for others but today a shift has taken place in that gifting for me and God will be exalted, glorified and delighted as I grow in this ministry and others are blessed (including Donald) and saved through the goodness and love of God.

Thank you Helen and may the God of Love continue to use and bless and strengthen and take you to an entirely new level in Him, Christ Jesus our Lord. Jeanette Calder 🙂 in Jamaica.

Hello Jeanette, I’m so sorry to hear of the trials you’ve experienced.
      Wow – I love how the Holy Spirit can take a word and make it such a ‘now’ personal word. Thank you for sharing your story all the way from Jamaica <3
      I pray with you now for the release of healing for your brother. Reversal of that disease, in Jesus' Name!

17. Thembi

Prophetic Word: ‘Rise Up, Go and Anoint’

Exactly what i needed, i received a prophecy a few months ago and what i am going through right now contradicts it so much, this revived my faith that one day all things will work out for the good! Thank You

18. Peter Mugoiyo

Praise the Lord servant of God – what such a Rhema Word of God. I most needed it! May the True and Faithful LORD continue to use you and the Ministry touch and transform lives around the world. Particularly, you are a blessing to me. Keep up the good work sister Calder and more grace to you.

19. Florence

This has spoken to me most powerfully. The Lord clearly led me into my marriage over 30 years ago and yet my Christian minister husband has been my personal “Saul” and I have never understood how this can be. What comfort and strength to understand through your blog that this was how Samuel felt. Yet the Lord is leading us as a couple to relocate a long way off and has already given me prophetic words through others of what He plans to do in my life. Now I can stop stressing about and trying to fix my “Saul” and release him to the Lord and focus on what He has for me. It is not my real name below. Thank you for not publishing my e mail address. Thank you very much from “Florence”

20. Harrison Aidoo

I’ve been tremendously blessed by your post. It has really ministered to me prophetically. I’m inspired and excited about my next level. Thanks.

21. DR. DIKE FELIX

I am blesses by your message on Prophetic Word: ‘Rise Up, Go and Anoint’, . the key word for our ministry this year is ” 2018 , the year of claiming God’s promises. it line with your message , i have be inspired to Rise Up, and God and activate the God’s Anointing for my life and ministry.

May the Almighty God continue to inspire and equip you for this our generation.

DR. DIKE FELIX

22. Jamie

I loved that story about Samuel ,I am really inspired by this story it is truly encouraging. I thank you for that blessings

23. lydia

I am learning so much from your ministry and am so grateful. I have started walking in the prophetic call on my life. I have so many dreams of great destiny and for a long season i had faced many battles that almost made me quit. But His grace has kept me. I desire to do all that God has purposed me to be. May God continue to bless and use you for His Glory.